Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

13 19.70%
  • no

32 48.48%
  • Undecided.

12 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 396 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    QUESTION

(That should've got your attention)

Everytime I connect my iPod Touch to my PC, and when iTunes automatically opens I'm asked to download & install a new firmware, 3.1.2, my question is...

If I download & install this update on to my iPod Touch, will it delete everything?

I've got a good few games I play daily and having to re-do everything would suck gigantic balls...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by the_End View Post
    Just watched a video from the grand opening of the Microsoft store in Arizona and it's a basically a complete clone of an Apple Store. From the way it's set up, to employee's, even had employee's clapping and cheering people in the same fashion that Apple employee's do when they open a new store (2 lines of employee's, clapping, cheering, camera's etc). It was laughable to be honest.

Like I said above, both of these companies copy the other, from the OS'es and now a new one is MS copied Apples successful brick and mortar store front.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Like I said above, both of these companies copy the other, from the OS'es and now a new one is MS copied Apples successful brick and mortar store front.
    True, but Microsoft could have changed something with the store instead of having it the exact same.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

Veteran
    True, but Microsoft could have changed something with the store instead of having it the exact same.
    I don't disagree, I am just saying, that outright copying each other has been a common practice with both companies for quite some time now.

I do agree they could have been a little more creative, but, maybe they think Apple did it the best it could be done, and therefore decided to copy it.
    I just don't think it's AS big of a deal since both companies have been doing this for years to each other.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    QUESTION

(That should've got your attention)

Everytime I connect my iPod Touch to my PC, and when iTunes automatically opens I'm asked to download & install a new firmware, 3.1.2, my question is...

If I download & install this update on to my iPod Touch, will it delete everything?

I've got a good few games I play daily and having to re-do everything would suck gigantic balls...
    No a firmware update will not delet anything like that, it flashes the "OS" if you want me to give a more technical explenation let me know

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Sorry, that statement was confusing to me. I have never heard of "just so", maybe "so so", but not sure what calling something "just so" means. But, you said Cliche is right, and Cliche said "perfection", so I thought you just accidentally left it out, or something.
    I use the term Just So, it means that its just right. Not perfect but right.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I use the term Just So, it means that its just right. Not perfect but right.
    Ok, I understand now. The use of so in that way is just foreign to me.

They still have plenty of room for improvement, but they certainly do make some good consumer products.

I would really like to see Apple try and make the iPhone and OSX business worthy, now THAT would make things interesting.

Until then, they are really only going to have a small market share, but that would really make things interesting, maybe force prices down, and bring faster innovation to the offerings in the business sector.

That Band Is Awful
    Just watched a video from the grand opening of the Microsoft store in Arizona and it's a basically a complete clone of an Apple Store. From the way it's set up, to employee's, even had employee's clapping and cheering people in the same fashion that Apple employee's do when they open a new store (2 lines of employee's, clapping, cheering, camera's etc). It was laughable to be honest.
    What do you expect man? If you cant beat them join them.

Earthbound
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Hk0ZCqRxg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Welcome to the Microsoft Store[/ame]

Grand Opening of the MS shop!

It looks a nice store and I don't blame them using Apple's format.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Veteran
    I am sure MS put a lot of research $$$ into figuring out what the best format and layout was, and they might have determined that Mac had a damn good layout, and that they couldn't really do much better. After all, Apple is damn good at selling things.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    I am sure MS put a lot of research $$$ into figuring out what the best format and layout was, and they might have determined that Mac had a damn good layout, and that they couldn't really do much better. After all, Apple is damn good at selling things.
    THIS.

the man has hit the nail on the head, plus they did hire the guy who designed teh apple shops as well.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Ultimate Veteran
    HAHA!! Watch the latest ads from Apple, they are hilarious! http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/ the 3 first are new!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    HAHA!! Watch the latest ads from Apple, they are hilarious! http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/ the 3 first are new!

Yeah, I saw those. Apple certainly does have one hell of a marketing campaign. I assume it's an outside firm, they are doing very nice work, taking advantage of every available opportunity to hammer PC's (mostly Microsoft).

They definitely don't tell both sides of the story, but, then again, what commercial selling a product does?

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, I saw those. Apple certainly does have one hell of a marketing campaign. I assume it's an outside firm, they are doing very nice work, taking advantage of every available opportunity to hammer PC's (mostly Microsoft).

They definitely don't tell both sides of the story, but, then again, what commercial selling a product does?
    Yep, they have a contract with an outside firm can't remember the name of it though. They are very skilled I also think the PC guy plays his role very very well.

Veteran
    Yep, they have a contract with an outside firm can't remember the name of it though. They are very skilled I also think the PC guy plays his role very very well.
    The funny thing is, in one of the adds (teetering I think), buying a whole new computer with a different OS would require a lot more time, effort, and cost, than upgrading to Windows 7. People though, when they watch the commercial, probably won't think about it objectively.

Earthbound
    Talking of Windows 7 I have had a look at it at work today and it seems pretty good actually. I hope Apple when they release there new OS ( I know Snow Leopard has only just dropped) that they innovate quite a bit to keep ahead. Snow Leopard was always going to be about tweaks. I think there is a pattern. They release a OS with major updates, so new UI and stuff, then the next one refines that further. Then they release another OS with big upgrades etc.

Ultimate Veteran
    The funny thing is, in one of the adds (teetering I think), buying a whole new computer with a different OS would require a lot more time, effort, and cost, than upgrading to Windows 7. People though, when they watch the commercial, probably won't think about it objectively.
    True, they are playing on that you need to backup your data yourself when upgrading to Windows 7, you don't need to do that on a mac. Apple does help to migrate when you buy a mac, in the US anyway.

Talking of Windows 7 I have had a look at it at work today and it seems pretty good actually. I hope Apple when they release there new OS ( I know Snow Leopard has only just dropped) that they innovate quite a bit to keep ahead. Snow Leopard was always going to be about tweaks. I think there is a pattern. They release a OS with major updates, so new UI and stuff, then the next one refines that further. Then they release another OS with big upgrades etc.
    SL to me is about the future, adding Grand Central and getting rid of PPC code had to be done sooner or later. For me the new expose and tabs and plugins running in there own process is enough to justify the price for SL

I think in 10.7 we will get the much rumored Marble theme, and probably around 200 features/tweaks. Since Leopard had 300 I think, about 200-300 we can probably expect. But I hope they don't bloat the OS, that's what breaks software in my opinion. Keep it simple!
    Other opinions are available.

Veteran
    True, they are playing on that you need to backup your data yourself when upgrading to Windows 7, you don't need to do that on a mac. Apple does help to migrate when you buy a mac, in the US anyway.
    The theme of the commercial though was having to move all your stuff. Either way, you would still have to move all your stuff, but if you move to a Mac, you have to learn a new OS, might need to buy new software, buy a new computer etc.

Veteran
    No a firmware update will not delet anything like that, it flashes the "OS" if you want me to give a more technical explenation let me know
    Ah, thank you

No explanation needed, + Rep for reply.

Master Poster
    YouTube - Welcome to the Microsoft Store

Grand Opening of the MS shop!

It looks a nice store and I don't blame them using Apple's format.
    First off, I would never go in if I were greeted like that lol. Man that looked annoying...The employees were like 3 inches from people (probably just for the grand opening but still...annoying). Second off can Apple sue them? I mean you would think they would own the intellectual rights to that design. For a minute I was like man are you sure you didn't post a video of an Apple store opening lol. I mean jesus. But hey I guess those of you saying, "If you can't beat them, join them." are totally right heh. That is basically what MS has been doing for the last several years. That said, I will always game on a PC and I will always buy Apply computers for my laptops and photo/photoshop computers. Oh well I wonder where all they will open those stores. I would check it out if there was one near me heh.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Smorkin Panda View Post
    Second off can Apple sue them? I mean you would think they would own the intellectual rights to that design.
    You can't sue for something like that. They didn't patent the store design, no intellectual rights. Just like a builder can go out and build a house, and I can go out and build one JUST like it. Nothing illegal about it, and it would honestly be pretty messed up if you could treat a store layout as IP.

That is basically what MS has been doing for the last several years.
    Both companies have been copying each other since they have been around, like I said before, it's nothing new. Apple and MS both copy aspects of the operating system from each other. This is just another link in a long chain of this type of behavior.

Ultimate Veteran
    Oh well I wonder where all they will open those stores. I would check it out if there was one near me heh.
    Expect one near your local Apple store. No I'm not kidding it's there plan!

As for copying the stores, let them tbh all stores should look like Apple stores it's a great design. The problem I will bet my bottom dollar is that ms will never create the same hype around there stores as Apple have.

Earthbound
    http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...ne?mco=MTE2NTQ

The iPhone 4G?

EDIT: I am a idiot. I had a funny video saved and I must of linked something else instead!!!

When I go on my MacBook later I will re-link! God I'm thick.

Veteran
    Must have been a typo that has been fixed, I don't see anything about 4G on there.

Ultimate Veteran
    Apple would never announce a new iPhone just like that, Jobs himself will do that in WWDC 2010 Cant wait my plan is to buy a new iPhone every 2 years. Got the 3G skipped the 3GS, iPhone 2010 here I come!

Thread Information