View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 397 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Take a look at my post, it was a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Take a look at my post, it was a mistake.
    Didn't see your edit until I had posted, don't matter tough My post might be useful to somebody.

So you that have an iPhone how often do you anticipate to upgrade?
    Other opinions are available.

Earthbound
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTjHtHM7A0"]YouTube - The new iPhone 4G[/ame]

I hope to upgrade to that one!! ^^^
    That was the video I was meant to of linked in my earlier post but for some reason linked Apples Online Store ^^"

My contract runs out In January and I am moving from O2 to Orange!! I am sick of O2.

If anyone remembers the other page where a member was saying he would rather spend $2k on a HP laptop than any Apple Mac. I said I would post the new HP Tower and it would probably put anyone off from buying one, well here it is as promised:

If you are wondering what is up with them. Its the dreaded main board issue that plauged just about every 6000/6500 series. The graphics were incorperated onto the mother board and because the graphics card got so damn hot it warped the mother board. Everyone of these machines has that problem, costing the retailer I work for 600 to every customer. This was the tip of the iceberg, I think theres 17 laptops there. These machines have all been repaired 2/3 times before we gave the money back.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Didn't see your edit until I had posted, don't matter tough My post might be useful to somebody.

So you that have an iPhone how often do you anticipate to upgrade?
    It depends one whether I get another iPhone after this one. If I get another iPhone, it will probably be everyone couple years, but I might go back to tMobile and get the G2 or G1.

And, I am also about to get a new notebook, not from HP, but I found some really good Asus machines, that are quite a bit less than any of the Apple notebooks, with a better configuration. I was considering a Macbook Pro (because the Macbooks didn't have the upgrade options I wanted), but I can't justify spending the extra money for an equal or worse spec'ed machine.

And, actually, I can't get a Macbook Pro (as small) wth the same specs. The only one with the same CPU is a 15" and the Asus is a 14" (2.8ghz). Basically, to get the machine to have similar specs, I would spend over $1K more, and not have a 14".
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Veteran
    So I have a friend saying he'd sell me his 2 month old Mac Mini for $200. While I've thought about getting into a Mac before, I never really considered getting it so soon, thought it'd be on my list after building a gaming rig, but this is a pretty good opportunity.

Should I take this deal and jump in to the mac craze? The only reason I really want a mac is to experiment developing apps for the iphone/touch, as it seems complicated to do it on Windows. I don't need it, but it'd be cool to experiment around in.

On another note, I just got Windows 7 Pro for free (legit) and will be installing it on my laptop in a week or two. What a good day for the geek in me

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Feli View Post
    So I have a friend saying he'd sell me his 2 month old Mac Mini for $200. While I've thought about getting into a Mac before, I never really considered getting it so soon, thought it'd be on my list after building a gaming rig, but this is a pretty good opportunity.

Should I take this deal and jump in to the mac craze? The only reason I really want a mac is to experiment developing apps for the iphone/touch, as it seems complicated to do it on Windows. I don't need it, but it'd be cool to experiment around in.

On another note, I just got Windows 7 Pro for free (legit) and will be installing it on my laptop in a week or two. What a good day for the geek in me
    go for it dude. you wont regret it. heck if the mac mini isnt that bad you could also run windows 7 on it with os x and hook it up to a tv or so and your set bro.

but yeah its a good deal. i think they usually sell for 500 for the bare minimum but not sure.

PSN: Hologram777

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
    go for it dude. you wont regret it. heck if the mac mini isnt that bad you could also run windows 7 on it with os x and hook it up to a tv or so and your set bro.

but yeah its a good deal. i think they usually sell for 500 for the bare minimum but not sure.
    Starts at 600 I believe. It's definitely a good deal, and I'm leaning heavily towards getting it.

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Ultimate Veteran
    I would jump on it! Install Plex and you have yourself a really good media center!

Elite Member
    ping me ; junky

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
    ping me ; junky
    Ok, what's your IP adress?

Earthbound
    Went to the Apple Store today and looked at the new lineup.

Mac Mini is just about the same really apart from a spec boost!
    iMac: the display is really nice and bright. Colours look super cool.
    MacBook: White unibody is really really nice. It has a rubber bottom which i see getting quite mucky easily and a tad more difficult to clean. Don't know why they have done this. The white is super shiny and I can see it scratching fairly easily so a cover like a Targus one is a must.
    Magic Mouse: Super cool. Gets a little getting used to, scrolling is effortless though. The mouse is super slim and flat and for that reason it can be a culture shock at first.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    It depends one whether I get another iPhone after this one. If I get another iPhone, it will probably be everyone couple years, but I might go back to tMobile and get the G2 or G1.

And, I am also about to get a new notebook, not from HP, but I found some really good Asus machines, that are quite a bit less than any of the Apple notebooks, with a better configuration. I was considering a Macbook Pro (because the Macbooks didn't have the upgrade options I wanted), but I can't justify spending the extra money for an equal or worse spec'ed machine.

And, actually, I can't get a Macbook Pro (as small) wth the same specs. The only one with the same CPU is a 15" and the Asus is a 14" (2.8ghz). Basically, to get the machine to have similar specs, I would spend over $1K more, and not have a 14".
    Maybe you should wait, there are references to a new MacBook Pro's in 10.6.2. So if you wan't to get a mac but none fits right now, wait and see.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/25/...c-os-x-10-6-2/

Went to the Apple Store today and looked at the new lineup.

iMac: the display is really nice and bright. Colours look super cool.
    Magic Mouse: Super cool. Gets a little getting used to, scrolling is effortless though. The mouse is super slim and flat and for that reason it can be a culture shock at first.
    Hey man good post! We don't have an Apple store where I go to Uni so cant check it out until I get home again.

Really interested in the iMac, specifically the 27" top of the line model. Did you play around with it? If so was it fast? I've read a review saying that you might need to sit close to the screen at maximum resolution, did you experienced problems with that?

And do you think the magic mouse is worth is price tag, or can you skip buying it now and just wait until you get one when it's time to upgrade your mac?

Earthbound
    The 27" is pretty impressive and yes it is fast.

The screen seemed pretty fine to me, not pixilated at all and they probably did have it on the max resolution.

The mouse. It's cool. To me it's not worth the price tag yet just having bought a wireless Mighty Mouse. The ball on the Might Mouse allows circular scrolling like the magic mouse. I suppose it's neat if your going from wired to wireless for the first time but I cant justify buying one at the moment.

The next mouse I do buy though when the time is needed will be the Magic Mouse.

Ultimate Veteran
    The 27" is pretty impressive and yes it is fast.

The screen seemed pretty fine to me, not pixilated at all and they probably did have it on the max resolution.

The mouse. It's cool. To me it's not worth the price tag yet just having bought a wireless Mighty Mouse. The ball on the Might Mouse allows circular scrolling like the magic mouse. I suppose it's neat if your going from wired to wireless for the first time but I cant justify buying one at the moment.

The next mouse I do buy though when the time is needed will be the Magic Mouse.
    Okay nice! +rep for you!

Veteran
    Maybe you should wait, there are references to a new MacBook Pro's in 10.6.2. So if you wan't to get a mac but none fits right now, wait and see.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/10/25/...c-os-x-10-6-2/
    Basically:

2.8+Ghz Core 2
    7200RPM Drive
    Dedicated GFX
    14" or smaller
    4GB+ memory
    LED backlit display

I have found some Asus machines (N81Vp-D1) with great specs for as low as $1,000 and up to around $1,300.

The closest Macbook I could get with those specs is about $1,000 more. To me, it's just not worth spending the extra $1,000 for the design and operating system. For some, I am sure it is, just not me.

Maybe they will come out with something with the refresh that will be comparable, but I honestly kind of doubt they will match the Asus lineup in the value department or performance/form factor department.

Ultimate Veteran
    Basically:

2.8+Ghz Core 2
    7200RPM Drive
    Dedicated GFX
    14" or smaller
    4GB+ memory
    LED backlit display

I have found some Asus machines (N81Vp-D1) with great specs for as low as $1,000 and up to around $1,300.

The closest Macbook I could get with those specs is about $1,000 more. To me, it's just not worth spending the extra $1,000 for the design and operating system. For some, I am sure it is, just not me.

Maybe they will come out with something with the refresh that will be comparable, but I honestly kind of doubt they will match the Asus lineup in the value department or performance/form factor department.
    Yeah your never going to get those specs on a 13" from Apple, 15" would be the smallest. But I got to tell you I have a 13" MacBook now and I defiantly miss the extra screen space sometimes. But it depends on your needs for sure.

Earthbound
    Yeah i have a 13" MacBook and the next MacBook I buy which will be in 2 years or so will be 15".

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    QUESTION

(That should've got your attention)

Everytime I connect my iPod Touch to my PC, and when iTunes automatically opens I'm asked to download & install a new firmware, 3.1.2, my question is...

If I download & install this update on to my iPod Touch, will it delete everything?

I've got a good few games I play daily and having to re-do everything would suck gigantic balls...
    If you "update" the firmware, it will not delete your songs/apps, it will only update the firmware, as described.
    NOTE: If you are jailbroken, all of your jailbroken apps, or anything at all resulted from jailbreaking will be erased.

If you "restore" to the firmware, it will (almost) restore your device to the way it came from the factory (almost because there is still always traces of your previous firmware left behind, but if you are not technical, don't let this bother you, you won't be able to tell).

Usually I prefer to restore, just to get a fresh start. I have my iPod touch jailbroken, so it just feels more clean to me to delete everything and start over again. Restoring will delete your jailbreak as well.

but than there a new product that is coming out the similair to the ipod series but way better than the touch.but not the real cheesy ipod that they sell online or at the flea market. but now Ithink that the ipod will have a new enemy way better than the itouch or the iphone.

Veteran
    Yeah your never going to get those specs on a 13" from Apple, 15" would be the smallest. But I got to tell you I have a 13" MacBook now and I defiantly miss the extra screen space sometimes. But it depends on your needs for sure.
    For my use, I would really like a 14.1", a 13" would be a little small for my taste (don't they have a smaller keyboard?). I currently have an aging Acer 15" that has a Core Duo in it (original Core Duo, not Core 2). It's 1.86Ghz and can't take a 64bit OS, which SUCKS considering I just bought Win 7 Pro for $30, and can't use it on my notebook.

But, I have been using the 15" notebook, and would really like a 14.1 with some power, and honestly think a 13" would be a little small for my taste. The 14.1 seems to be in a good spot IMO, not quite as bulky, and not quite so cramped, nice size for my use.

Earthbound
    No the keyboard is the same size 13" through to 17".

15+17" have speakers either side of the keyboard to make it look not so sparse.

Veteran
    No the keyboard is the same size 13" through to 17".

15+17" have speakers either side of the keyboard to make it look not so sparse.
    Oh, maybe that has changed over time. Used to be that anything smaller than a 14" had a smaller (not full size) keyboard, but that was for windows based PC's though.

Still, I prefer the screen area of a 14" over that of a 13", not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable.

Ultimate Veteran
    Oh, maybe that has changed over time. Used to be that anything smaller than a 14" had a smaller (not full size) keyboard, but that was for windows based PC's though.

Still, I prefer the screen area of a 14" over that of a 13", not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable.
    Apple always have full size keyboards, even on the MacBook Air. But I agree with you on screen space, two things it's hard to have to much of is screen space and HDD space.

Earthbound
    13" inch screen is nice and portable.
    15" is just right, can do a bit more with art too if that tickles your pickle
    17" is just too big for me.

15" is my next purchase.

Veteran
    13" inch screen is nice and portable.
    15" is just right, can do a bit more with art too if that tickles your pickle
    17" is just too big for me.

15" is my next purchase.
    Yeah, I have messed around with 13", 14" and currently have a 15". Personally, the 13" is just too small for me, and the 15" is just a little less portable than I would like, which is where the 14.1" comes in, just right for my taste.

Thread Information