Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Did Ubisoft betrayed PS-fans?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course they did! They should be boycotted!

17 31.48%
  • In a way yes. But I can live with it.

22 40.74%
  • Are you kidding? They never betrayed anyone!

6 11.11%
  • WTF are you talking about...?

9 16.67%
    Forum Elder

favorite grand theft auto

just curious...whats everyones favorite grand theft auto game? mine is GTA: Vice City

"All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that."
    [Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz, XFX HD 4890, 4GB ram]

brett13sa

Apprentice

Yes ban Killller. I liked gta3 the most.
    [img]The nemesis tyrant was generated in a Swedish windmill.[/img]

Dedicated Member
    for the record my favourite is GTA3 as when that came out it was such a huge step forward and a game that relaly made you sit up and take notice, I can appreciate san andreas is a better and bigger game but because of the impact it had GTA3 wins for me
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

FuriousJoe
    I really liked the GTA series, I mean all of them. Also the old ones. Although all of the games had different strenghtes and weaknesses.

GTA 3, wow I really loved this game because it implemented a completely new game considering the old ones, this GTA was also probably the one I spended most time on.

Vice City, oh boy, attack choppers, choppers, bikes and I could keep going. This was the real deal. It also had some fantastic momments like the assault on that island where you take over the mansion (gosh cant even remember the names anymore), and the fact that you could rob different kind of stores and stuff.

Now San Andreas, wow are you *****hs rolling in the hood baby? Man this game rocked, all the conspiracy ****, god it was cool. I also loved how they focused a lot more on aircrafts and choppers than what they had done before. And just the fact that the map was like 3x larger than vice city. I also loved how you could more less completely customize your character, make him fat, give him some nice physics, play the real gangsta. Customize your vehicles as well. This game was a real killer. Seriously. Just too bad they removed some of the creamy gore like blood on screen when you ruthlessly slayed people on the street with the chainsaw (damn im biased with the hockymask + chainsaw combo).

All in all its hard to decide. All the games had quality. But if we are talking about time I spend on the game it would probably be GTA 3. Though with the upcomming GTA 4 I know what winner is

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    It would be GTA Vice City so far. But remember I have not played GTAIII or GTA:SA yet. That's means this opinion can change very fast.

Is it just me, or does GTA3 never have any sunny days? I have never seen GTA3 have sunny days at all. It's always cloudy and dull when I look at videos, screenshots, ect.

Elite Guru
    My favorite is GTA: SA.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The one that I like the most isn't on the list. GTA: Liberty Stories.

Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike
    It would be GTA Vice City so far. But remember I have not played GTAIII or GTA:SA yet. That's means this opinion can change very fast.

Is it just me, or does GTA3 never have any sunny days? I have never seen GTA3 have sunny days at all. It's always cloudy and dull when I look at videos, screenshots, ect.
    Instead of playing GTA3...just get GTA:Liberty Stories because, it is essentially GTA3 except it has the vehicles (land and air) from Vice City, graphics from San Andreas (some cards have better shine than SA but lesser resolution of texture) and the weather system is a mixture from VC and SA which is nice and the songs are mixed in with VC (80s), SA (late 90s?) and GTA3 (you gotta have opera ).

It costs about $20 so it's more expensive than GTA3 probably but it's worth it if you ever wanna play GTA3's map.

Forum Sage
    Items Muse
    My favourite Grand Theft Auto will always be the very first one that I played on a friend's PC many years ago. It was a game that was revolutionary and completely changed the way developers could include adult content into a medium largely considered to be solely for children.

At the time, I wasn't legally old enough to play Grand Theft Auto, which made it all the more appealing. Grand Theft Auto 3 was a great game which benefitted greatly from the graphical overhaul but the gameplay became repetitive after a while.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Forum Elder
    Oh well I'll say it again even though I shouldn't have to (look at my screen name). Vice City

Elite Member

theres been so many topics on this. BTW if you are gonna list GTA games seperate 1 and 2 and include LCS for the ps2 and psp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

The Marvelous One
    Vice City for me also. Like the theme and setting better than Cali or NY. I also like Vercetti better than Claude and CJ.

Forum Sage
    I still personally love San Andreas mainly because it has bigger space than other GTAs, it has more vehicles, more weapons and a lot longer of a game, and in some places it's really funny to cheat. Oh yeah.

Thanks VENGEFUL_BLUR for the avatar and spyrde for the sig!

Cogito ergo sum. - "I think, therefore I am."

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    In my opinion, I think Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the best. It was **ALOT** more funnier that the other GTA games, and the settings are perfect for a game like that. The Music is the best in the seris too!
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Forum Elder
    In terms of game play SA was the best. Story, plot, characters and setting would go to Vice City. If VC had the same advancements of SA then VC would be considered the best IMO. But thats how sequels always pan out.

gta

Ma favourite as got to be grand theft auto vice city but apart from 1 and 2 i played that before three so when i played three it felt poor living up to vice cities expections and san andreas had its good points but vice city was just the best

Apprentice

my favorite has got to be gta3 because it was the orginal on ps2 and i played it the most out of all of them. i love how its simple and kick ass to play, its even fun for me to go back today and beat it again or just go on random killing rampages

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    I think from a gameplay standpoint, San Andreas is the best of the GTA's cuz of the whole state thing and 3 cities is awesome. I think that VC is my fav. though, cuz I just loved the storyline in VC more, the action was fun, and VC was a great city to drive around in. SA is kinda bland, and generic in content compared to VC. The whole rap thing is all over the place, but how many games take place in 1980's Miami?
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

Apprentice
    i would have to say vice city.
    i love the whole miami vice meets scarface theme.
    the music is ok
    game/story. love it.

"YO YO YO YO YO F*CK THE MONEY, everyone on the floor drop.
    I want all the food in a bag, and i ain't tryin to hear that sore talk.
    Stole the dinner, and freaked it to the freeway.
    Flipped the screen play, and made every love scene a three-way"

Phading Reality
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VII
    It's got to be Vice City hands down, loved the music and basically everything about it compared to other gta games.

Dedicated Member
    GTA3. Hands down. It was the first of the new breed and it's still the most fun.
    Sig and Avy by killzone_71 *** The City Is Yours - Ridge Racer V
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...Nevertheless Sakaguchi has stated several times that Final
    Fantasy IX is his personal favorite. - FF Retrospective Part VI

Thread Information