Latest PSU headlines:

Page 108 of 127 FirstFirst ... 98108118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3159
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Now that I've done some Android reading (on that central place for Android users), I'm seeing that the Evo4G and Galaxy Nexus might be the two phones that draw me in. I'll more than likely make a trip to Best Buy and pick one up on Aug 1 when my contract is up for renewal.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I wound up getting the "upgrade now" for $50 from the Sprint store and then bought the Samsung Galaxy S3. First time ever that I've bought my subsidized phone and not just picked the free with upgrade phone, but very pleased and now the wife wants the white S3. It's well worth the $199 price tag.

Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S3

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm actually thinking of going back to Android and getting the S3 as well (Verizon). I'll have to pay full retail so that I don't lose my unlimited data, and my bill would go up. Still finding good deals on it via craigs list, so I might do it soon.

Veteran
    Nice pickup. I'll be pickin up a SIII next week. Getting tired of waiting for AT&T to ink the stupid deal with ASUS to bring the Padfone stateside. They keep dragging their feet.

I've got another upgrade come October anyways. Added moms to my account along time ago so I can steal her upgrades. She dun care what phone she has so long as she can make n receive calls. Shes using my HTC Sensation currently. She gets a free plan and hand me downs while i get her upgrades. Works for me.
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-23-2012 at 05:58.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I'm usually the cost-conscious person who doesn't go spend money on a phone...I always said "you're paying all that money each month, then they want you to pay a couple hundred for a phone on top of that??!!

At any rate, I decided to do it this time..with phones going in the way of dual-cores and quad-cores...I wanted to see what it was like to carry a stylish phone (at least for a couple months until something better replaces the "hype" surrounding the one I have right now..
    I mean, it feels good to see a commercial on TV of some chic at a concert with her phone out, and hearing that voice-over talking about what it can do...knowing that's my phone they are discussing.

"the all new Samsung Galaxy S3...it does everything except virtual secksin"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'll have to wait till an S4 or whatever Nexus is out next year.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'll have to wait till an S4 or whatever Nexus is out next year.
    I actually have another upgrade for November, and another upgrade due in December.... I guess I will use the December upgrade and look into the new nexus that should come out in October.

Forum Sage
    Sharp is working with frog (design agency) to ship a modified version of android and I think it looks pretty neat.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Sharp is working with frog (design agency) to ship a modified version of android and I think it looks pretty neat.

You should see this new launcher for Tablets called 'Chamelon'. Best OS/UI for any portable device ever.

Forum Sage
    I checked that out and yeah that looks pretty cool too!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Woot. Using my Galaxy S3. Had to emotionally say goodbye to my iPhone 4 though.

12. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I've found quite a few tricks that aren't widely known, like swipe left to right on a name in your call log to call them, swipe right to left to text them.... I'm right there with you on loving this phone.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'ma have to put it in a case for goodness sake. It's too damned thin!! lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'ma have to put it in a case for goodness sake. It's too damned thin!! lol
    Hi do you like it so far? Isn't the screen just beautiful?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I have that problem with my S2, F34R. Sometimes I do go without the case and it just feels WAY too thin lol, I'd imagine the S3 is probably thinner if not the same.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Hi do you like it so far? Isn't the screen just beautiful?
    I like the options for customization for sure. Screen looks great. So far, I do like being back on Android. I also feel a little bad being off of iOS lol. I'll be buying my apps/games because I simply can't stand ads involved in either one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I have that problem with my S2, F34R. Sometimes I do go without the case and it just feels WAY too thin lol, I'd imagine the S3 is probably thinner if not the same.
    It's thinner.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Would slip right out my hands ^_^

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's tough getting used to it for sure. I don't like the power button being on the side either. I gotta take some time with it I guess.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I got in my otterbox today for my SGS3. Does take some getting used to, but I'm moving up from an Optimus S to the Sammy Galaxy S3..so it's like going from a pinto to Ferrari ...wow what a phone.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Spec wise, it's extremely nice.

The Heisman
    Anyone got some intel on the "next" hot android phone???

My contract ends around xmas... I am debating between the iphone 5 and whatever the best android phone out at the time is.

I think I am gonna pass on the SGS3 as it will be ~6 mos old at that point... and thus dated.

anyone???

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Dated? lol. That doesn't really make sense. I'm trying out the SG3 for almost two weeks, and then I'll return it. I will wait to see what Apple has coming and wait till it comes out I guess.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Download and run the app quadrant standard for that galaxy. Then run that same thing on an iPhone. The iPhone 4S won't even be close to the middle, where this galaxy is at the top of the list. Apple doesn't stand a chance of having this sort of hardware in their devices for several years (why should they, they can change the name to iPhone 5 and not change the hardware, a very little change, and people will camp overnight for days waiting on it. Don't take this the wrong way, but their is a huge difference in being attracted to the device and being foolish enough to reward a company that will sue other companies for them being innovative and Apple's lack thereof. Apple used to be innovative and had ideas, but now they know people will buy their $#@! no matter what they do and they are using bull$#@! tactics to bully companies into fear of lawsuit if a company looks like it may top them in sales. Just look at the nexus lawsuit. Apple is scared and they know they don't have much longer before people realize that they never change anything except the name of their phones. My wife had me run quadrant the other day while she was at work because a guy at work had the iPhone 4 and ran that on his. She said the iPhone was way at the bottom when my galaxy was the very top.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Anyone got some intel on the "next" hot android phone???

My contract ends around xmas... I am debating between the iphone 5 and whatever the best android phone out at the time is.

I think I am gonna pass on the SGS3 as it will be ~6 mos old at that point... and thus dated.

anyone???

It'll be far from dated in 6 months, since putting much more into a phone would require the invention of a battery standard that BY FAR out-does the current technology in batteries as we know them. Dual-core 1.5 processor and 2gb of ram with a 4.8" display? You can put much more into a device with much more of a screen, otherwise you'll have a device that needs charging every 2 hours, or worse, requires constant plug-in.

But in 6 months, I'd say it's probably safe to say the next Google-branded device will be on the market (like the Nexus)...if they stay on the track of releasing every 11 months, then it'll be November. As for specs, I'm not sure how much more than the SGS3 it will be, probably a close equivalent and maybe only slightly better proc/same amount of ram. You aren't going to see something that's leaps and bounds ahead of the SGS3 within the next 5 years or so...unless they come out with some sort of new battery technology that revolutionizes the industry...there's just no way to power something much faster/bigger than what we're seeing now. We're in the time-frame of the best they can get I do believe..Even laptops have pretty much topped off at not building much faster/bigger than they were 2 years ago...you aren't seeing 8ghz laptops with 20" screens...the laptop I'm on right now is a 2.2 dual-core with 4gig of ram, 15.6" with dual-core intel B950 processor (core I3 I think?)...
    Consumer-grade that you see in big-box or brick & mortar aren't much more than this one I'm on..screens have gone back down to 15 to 17 being standard, and between 2.0ghz and 2.8ghz processors being about the best you can get...batteries just won't last long enough to put much more into them...
    I know you can order pretty much the best and newest there is on the market...but you don't see them for sale on the shelf at best buy (this laptop is only 6 months old, bought it at Christmas...)

26. Likes DayWalker likes this post
    The Heisman
    I just mean that in my experience... a superior phone is usually available 6 months down the road.

be it a slightly better screen, battery life, OS, memory... or whatever...

I try not to buy "old phones" b/c its got to last the length of the contract and I'd prefer it to not be painfully lagging behind current phones.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Thread Information