Page 109 of 127 FirstFirst ... 99109119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3159
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I know what you're saying, as it's been commonplace for phones to be overwhelmed by something newer in just a matter of a couple of months, but if you look at the upcoming devices, there's not much that's going to out-do the Sammy GS3, the Sammy Galaxy Note, the HTC Evo 4G LTE, and just maybe the Nexus S 4G (LTE version)...

Those are some pretty high-end phones, and if you look at the leaked information on xda or AndCen...there's just nothing that really makes you say "WOW, now THAT is something that will blow this SGS3 out of the water completely"...

Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S III sports a 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED display and comes with the dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with LTE on board. This makes it future proof for Sprint’s LTE network. The Sprint Galaxy S III packs 2GB of RAM which should help multitasking a great deal.

DESIGN:
    Device type:
    Smart phone
    Android (4.0.4) TouchWiz UX UI
    Form factor:
    Candybar
    Dimensions:
    5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 (136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm)
    Weight:
    4.70 oz (133 g)
    the average is 4.1 oz (118 g)
    Side Keys:
    Left: Volume control Right: Lock/Unlock key
    Colors:
    Blue, White

TECHNOLOGY:
    CDMA:
    800, 1900 MHz
    LTE:
    1900 MHz
    Data:
    LTE, EV-DO Rev.A
    Micro SIM:
    Yes
    Positioning:
    GPS
    Navigation:
    Turn-by-turn navigation, Voice navigation, Points of interest (POI)

DISPLAY:
    Physical size:
    4.80 inches
    Resolution:
    720 x 1280 pixels
    Pixel density:
    306 ppi
    Technology:
    Super AMOLED
    Colors:
    16 777 216
    Touchscreen:
    Capacitive, Multi-touch
    Features:
    Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Scratch-resistant glass(Corning Gorilla Glass 2)

HARDWARE:
    System chip:
    Snapdragon S4
    Processor:
    Dual core, 1500 MHz
    Graphics processor:
    Yes
    System memory:
    2048 MB RAM / DDR2
    Built-in storage:
    32 GB
    Storage expansion:
    Slot Type:
    microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
    Maximum card size:
    64 GB

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I thought the SIII was a quad core?
    Those specs aren't even better( not that its weak) then my SXS, with the SXS having a higher screen dpi I'm a bit confused by that dual-core SIII

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Those specs aren't even better( not that its weak) then my SXS, with the SXS having a higher screen dpi I'm a bit confused by that dual-core SIII

That is why I said what I did in a previous post about batteries. There just isn't going to be a phone that jumps ahead by leaps and bounds over what is out right now...other than newer variations of software, unless they come up with a battery technology that totally blows everything out of the water. Imagine having a quad-core or bigger proc with a huge display.

I'm actually kinda happy that my SGS3 is as awesome as it is, with 2gigs of ram for multitasking, and I can handle it not having everything be the latest, greatest that there is..I don't mind it lasting me anywhere from 12 to 16 hours with heavy use right now.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    That is why I said what I did in a previous post about batteries. There just isn't going to be a phone that jumps ahead by leaps and bounds over what is out right now...other than newer variations of software, unless they come up with a battery technology that totally blows everything out of the water. Imagine having a quad-core or bigger proc with a huge display.

I'm actually kinda happy that my SGS3 is as awesome as it is, with 2gigs of ram for multitasking, and I can handle it not having everything be the latest, greatest that there is..I don't mind it lasting me anywhere from 12 to 16 hours with heavy use right now.
    The USA version is the dual core with 2GB RAM... the EUR version is quadcore.... but only has 1GB of RAM.

TGO, which phone is that? I can't find anything based on the SXS.
    Last edited by F34R; 07-28-2012 at 17:55.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    He means Sony Xperia S =). I really like how that phone looks

The Heisman

yeah my current phone is the htc thunderbolt...

its been good to me, my only real complaint is battery life. 8 hrs on LTE with moderate use.
    I just want my next phone to survive a night out on the town

And I get what you're saying... battery life now limits the evolution of smart phones.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 07-28-2012 at 19:50.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    He means Sony Xperia S =). I really like how that phone looks
    Oh ok, gotcha lol. I wouldn't have figured that name out lol. The specs look decent, and the phone actually looks really good as well.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I have that problem with my S2, F34R. Sometimes I do go without the case and it just feels WAY too thin lol, I'd imagine the S3 is probably thinner if not the same.
    With the Otterbox, the phone is a normal-feeling phone, both in weight and size. I can take a couple pics if you'd like to see what the Otter does for it.

Far as screen goes with Samsung, Apple comes in at 326ppi, this hits 350:

Samsung supposedly set to produce 350 ppi OLED display

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I went ahead and returned the phone for the time being. My brother in law has the case you're talking about and yes, it does give it a more "larger" feeling. I like the phone, actually love it pretty much. As soon as I can find it at a reasonable price, I'll get it again. If Apple releases some info, or its leaked, etc., for a great new phone compared to the competition, I'll get it. So, I'll play the waiting game I guess lol.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    keeping my s2 and waiting to see what the galaxy note 2 brings...otherwise, i'm to wait for the s4 or 5.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    keeping my s2 and waiting to see what the galaxy note 2 brings...otherwise, i'm to wait for the s4 or 5.

Yeah i agree, i don't see a reason to upgrade from an S2 to S3 (i have S2)

is the Note 2 real?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Says it all about Apple products today. Think about it after reading this, in a general perspective of other things, look around you and see what "resembles" another device with the same functionality and has a different company making it...
    "ooh, trucks look like other trucks so Ford should sue Chevy/Dodge/Nissan/Toyota/....

C&P
    Apple claims that Samsung is ripping of them. Samsung? This is what Samsung is proving. 1) A lot of Samsung design is a "natural" evolution and they had countless of similar looking products (and concepts that were available to the public) At the time the iPhone came out and BEFORE the iPhone as well. And without Samsung, you won't have your iPhone. Samsung Technology and inventions, that is how the iPhone came to be and Apple isn't paying Samsung for that. 2) Sony. What Samsung is showing here is that Apple (simply) copies from other manufactures. Apple stuff is just an "improvement" of what's out there. What Apple does is take something that is out there, "fancies" it up, and claim it is their own idea. What Samsung is attempting to prove is Prior Art.

What Apple is claiming (basically) is that they "invented" the smartphone and that everybody copied off them, EVEN when there were countless of smartphones beforehand and the market was already in the process of transitioning to that.

Apple is a pure marketing genius. They know how to make the right product at the right time.

iPhone? (and similar with iPad). You can (simply) find example after example after example after example after example after example of Prior art. Server market, Desktop market, laptop market, TV market, DVD player market, radio market, TV box market, printer market, monitor market, etc... you have countless of products that look the same and the ONLY thing that tells you a Toshiba from a Panasonic is the name on the front.

Yet, in the (smart)phone market and tablet market, Apple HEAVILY is suing on "looks", where it would be completely natural for devices to look the same/similar.

Primary reason why Apple is suing? How many iPhones Apple sold? ~26 million. How many phones did Samsung sold? Over 50 million (maybe as many as 52 million) and at least 10 million of those is the Galaxy S3. Samsung is (quite literally) selling double as many (smart)phones as Apple and the space between those two will just get larger and larger. Apple WILL DO ANYTHING IN THEIR POWER to crush/decrease the amount of sales Samsung has. Why? Competition. Apple knows (very well) they will have to start "innovating" if they want to catch Samsung. They will have to get off their A$$ and start making a better phone than instead of slapping "iPhone" onto a brick and sit back and relax. That means their profit margins will have to shrink considerably.

Master Poster
    That article doesn't prove anything (imo, so don't flame) samsung started copying the iphone and apple products like the ipad since a bit before the release of the galaxy S2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    No, they didn't. There were documents, submitted to the court, that show that Samsung had prototypes before THE FIRST iPhone release that resembled the iPhone.

Not only that, one judge has already kicked this case out because of the obvious (Apple trying to squash the ingenuity of other companies legally).

I mean, iPhone has sold 26million...Samsung has sold 50million (almost 52million)...and 10 million of those 52million are JUST the Galaxy S3. So people are showing Apple what they think with their wallets (whether or not it proves anything is aside from the point that the numbers show otherwise.)

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Yeah i agree, i don't see a reason to upgrade from an S2 to S3 (i have S2)

is the Note 2 real?
    i'd imagine it is...the original note sold well in its niche market so i'm sure a note 2 is well underway..

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/26004..._everyone.html

Bottom Line

The Galaxy Note is a unique phone and unlike anything else we’ve seen in the United States (I say that, though the LG Vu is quite similar, but it's available only in Korea). I like being able to whip the Note out to jot down ideas, and I love being able to doodle during a meeting or while riding the bus. But is the Galaxy Note on T-Mobile outdated? The Galaxy Note came to the United States back in February, but it debuted internationally almost a year ago at the IFA Conference in Berlin. With rumors of the Galaxy Note 2 coming out at this year’s IFA next month, this older version might be a hard sell. Even so, we likely won’t see the Galaxy Note 2 in the United States until next year. The Galaxy Note is a perfectly good phone for T-Mobile customers itching to try out this phablet wonder.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_2-4854.php

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    4G Network LTE
    Announced Exp. announcement 2012, September
    Status Rumored. Exp. release 2012, Q4
    Weight -
    - Touch-sensitive controls
    Display Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size -, 5.5 inches
    Multitouch Yes
    Protection Corning Gorilla Glass
    - TouchWiz UI
    Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
    Loudspeaker Yes
    3.5mm jack Yes
    Memory Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
    Internal 16/32 GB storage, 1.5 GB RAM
    Data GPRS Yes
    EDGE Yes
    Speed HSPA+, LTE
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
    Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, EDR
    NFC Yes
    USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
    Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
    Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
    Video Yes, 1080p@30fps
    Secondary Yes
    Features OS Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
    Chipset Exynos 5250
    CPU Dual-core
    Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
    Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
    Browser HTML5, Adobe Flash
    Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
    GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
    Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
    Colors Black
    - S Pen stylus
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    - TV-out
    - SNS integration
    - MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
    - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
    - Organizer
    - Image/video editor
    - Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
    - Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
    YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
    - Voice memo/dial/commands
    - Predictive text input (Swype)
    Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion

From rumored specs, this doesn't have much more than the bigger screen going for it...nothing "jumps" out as being uber-better than what's new right now (and this is still a couple months away from announcement, then a couple months away from being in consumers hands.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 07-30-2012 at 23:59.

Master Poster
    No, they didn't. There were documents, submitted to the court, that show that Samsung had prototypes before THE FIRST iPhone release that resembled the iPhone.

Not only that, one judge has already kicked this case out because of the obvious (Apple trying to squash the ingenuity of other companies legally).

I mean, iPhone has sold 26million...Samsung has sold 50million (almost 52million)...and 10 million of those 52million are JUST the Galaxy S3. So people are showing Apple what they think with their wallets (whether or not it proves anything is aside from the point that the numbers show otherwise.)
    well, i like both companies so it doesn't matter lol

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    i'd imagine it is...the original note sold well in its niche market so i'm sure a note 2 is well underway..

Yeah i hope it's true, i like the idea of the note, i didn't get it cuz i got the S2 instead but im interested in the note 2
    Last edited by The Cage; 07-31-2012 at 22:23.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Ironically, Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers, yet they are fighting it out in court.

Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S3

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Ironically, Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers, yet they are fighting it out in court.

Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S3
    But where else can Apple get their "innovative" retina display...that Samsung made....that isn't even as good what they made on the Super AMOLED+...

Be Together - Not the same.

Master Poster
    Apple makes high quality products, samsung not always do

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That's distorting the actual happenings....

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Samsung make many more products so it's not a fair comparison.

Master Poster
    it's not a comparison it was just an opinion

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7TMb...e_gdata_player

Around 12 minutes starts talking about the gs3 and does the drop test with the otterbox case (actually 3 drops with otterbox case).

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's not a phone, but...

I freakin' LOVE this Nexus 7 tab...

I've been contemplating on an Android tab vs an iPad... price + features got me going on the Nexus 7. I'm a happy owner at this point.

Thread Information