Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
    Gaming Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    Anyone picked up an HTC Droid Incredible yet??...my "new every two" through Verizon is up in a couple months and i know i'll be grabbing one....The Incredible seems to be THE Android phone at the moment...
    No but it looks ****ing amazing. Easily the best Android phone right now. The fastest, the newest, the smoothest, and just Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by nofear01 View Post
    Does anyone know what is rumoured to be in 2.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by bubano View Post
    Full flash support, application to SD
    Yea Flash support, Apps2SD, automatic upgrade of apps, new features that are usually added through firmware updates will be able to be downloaded through the market.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    Anyone picked up an HTC Droid Incredible yet??...my "new every two" through Verizon is up in a couple months and i know i'll be grabbing one....The Incredible seems to be THE Android phone at the moment...
    From the reviews I've read, it's the Desire & Nexus One roll in umm...one
    Ya already know the specs, thou I wouldn't get too excited over the camera, engadget say it's good for outdoor daylight photos , which most cameras are. But had blurred results due to the camera snapping before autofocus does its job.
    video camera is a bit pixelated too, again according to engadget
    The amoled screen is said to be hard to see in daylight too, regardless its still said to be the android phone at mo by the reviews

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    I'm getting really annoyed by these Android 2.1 delays for the Sprint HTC Hero. According to a snapshot, it was supposed to be released today, but that's been shot down.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Gaming Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhreak View Post
    I'm getting really annoyed by these Android 2.1 delays for the Sprint HTC Hero. According to a snapshot, it was supposed to be released today, but that's been shot down.
    If I were you, I would never expect and just wait until it actually comes. It seems like the updates are always delayed or are just rumors and people take them so seriously.

The update will probably be nothing special. Some updated drivers for multi-touch, update photo gallery but some other things that 2.1 phones have are usually very intensive and the hero does not have a lot of horsepower under the hood.

Elite Guru
    It is probably delayed until 2.2
    Feed the troll

Dedicated Member
    When is 2.2 coming?

From what I have seen so far, not had any problems with flash though? I miss the flash games of old though that I had on my Nokia.

Dedicated Member
    Guys

it seems that some of you are quite knowledgable on this phone.

Can someone give me in dummy speak the benefits of this phone and what I 'can really do' with this piece of kit. It is growing on me, but at the moment I just see it as an upgrade of an iphone.

Gaming Guru
    When is 2.2 coming?

From what I have seen so far, not had any problems with flash though? I miss the flash games of old though that I had on my Nokia.
    Ummm, Googles I/O thing is coming up soon and it is rumored to be announced there but no idea how long after before it is released.

Guys

it seems that some of you are quite knowledgable on this phone.

Can someone give me in dummy speak the benefits of this phone and what I 'can really do' with this piece of kit. It is growing on me, but at the moment I just see it as an upgrade of an iphone.
    If you like simplicity, than the iPhone is the best phone for that. All you have are lists of icons on the iPhone.

Android is all about customization and making it you. You have 5 home screen on new vanilla Android and can customize them however you like. Add icons you want, add widgets that you need to use and don't want to open apps. It is super open and can do a lot with it. Android phones do everything the iPhone does and more. iPhone might be smoother cause it is super simple and has been the same for years so it is optimized to hell.

Pretty much Android is more complicated to a point cause you can do much more and the iPhone is super simple but is supper smooth and well done.

Just Google some videos on the Nexus One or the Incredible and you will see all that Android is. It is pretty ****ing sweet.

EDIT/UPDATE:

Sprint says Hero and Moment 2.1 update delayed until Q2. Still would not expect it at that time either.

Sprint 2.1 Update Delayed

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by SonyJunkie View Post
    If I were you, I would never expect and just wait until it actually comes. It seems like the updates are always delayed or are just rumors and people take them so seriously.

The update will probably be nothing special. Some updated drivers for multi-touch, update photo gallery but some other things that 2.1 phones have are usually very intensive and the hero does not have a lot of horsepower under the hood.
    That is true, the actual 2.1 update for the X10 I'm not really bothered about
    It comes when it comes, the additional features SE are added are more important to me, but mainly becuz the features of 2.1, bluetooth, camera zoom, better phonebook,etc mean nothing to the X10 cuz it already has them in SE's version of 1.6.
    I like to know more details of what SE's 2.1 will bring, but the as standard features that people are making a fuss of don't matter if ya already got the good stuff from it.
    Sonyjunkie, what are the chances SE will add flash to there custom 2.1?

Elite Guru
    6 Home screens in TAT
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGmnnGpoqg"]YouTube- TAT Home[/ame]
    7 Home screens in Sense.
    As stated it's all about customization. It's up to you.
    Feed the troll

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by bubano View Post
    6 Home screens in TAT
    YouTube- TAT Home
    7 Home screens in Sense.
    As stated it's all about customization. It's up to you.
    Looks better then sense, whats that for its it just a app? is it out yet?

Elite Guru
    No it is only in a closed preview phase atm. :[
    Feed the troll

hey guys just got a desire read this forum before buying its the first phone like this ive really had whts with alll this rooting junk (not the aussie rooting)

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    just brought a desire graphite. 24 month contract. 300 mins unlimited texts and 500mb internet (also unlimited push email)

was £22.50 a month on orange
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I'm interesting in buying a new phone and I was planning on the incredible...but I dont want to buy too early and have new Android 2.2 phones come out in 2 months or 4 games come out in like 4 months for verizon.

Am I thinking too far ahead or should i wait?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    I'm interesting in buying a new phone and I was planning on the incredible...but I dont want to buy too early and have new Android 2.2 phones come out in 2 months or 4 games come out in like 4 months for verizon.

If you have Verizon...the Incredible is THE phone to own on their service regardless of Mobile OS (Andriod, Blackberry, whatever)....

its also THE Android phone regardless of carrier right now...will that change?? sure...but if you're always worried about the next big thing you will be waiting forever and never buy anything...

the only thing i can see dethroning the Incredible in the near future on Verizon would be if they announced they will be getting the iPhone 4G before the end of the year (which i REALLY don't think is happening)

I will be getting the Incredible at the beginning of July when my new every two is ready...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Gaming Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    It comes when it comes, the additional features SE are added are more important to me, but mainly becuz the features of 2.1, bluetooth, camera zoom, better phonebook,etc mean nothing to the X10 cuz it already has them in SE's version of 1.6.
    I like to know more details of what SE's 2.1 will bring, but the as standard features that people are making a fuss of don't matter if ya already got the good stuff from it.
    Chances of SE adding Flash are slim. I say this because they are adding it themselves and that never really works out. Just like when HTC added there own multitouch. It worked, but it was not all that great. I think SE will wait for 2.2 before they even update honestly. By the time they get ready to announce a release date for 2.1, Google will have already told them about 2.2 and a date for it. Flash should not really matter all that much, it will most likely be very choppy on smartphones and really is not all that important, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post

Honestly, that is the best phone you are going to get on Verizon for awhile and will be easily one of the top phones you will get for the next year easily. If you are on or really want Verizon, definitely go with that unless you really want a full qwerty keyboard. The LG Ally is supposed to come to Verizon so wait and check that out. Should be announced soon.

Android 2.2 phones will not all that much besides flash and apps2sd if that is even 100% true. So 2.1 should fulfill your needs easily.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    my desire is ment to arrive today (hopefully) YEEEEEEEYYYY
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    may have failed epically. i brought the hero graphite looooools. not sure whether to do got the desire in black or not ?!?!

extra £50 ?!?!?!

or get the Sony Erickson xperia

Dedicated Member
    Desire

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    may have failed epically. i brought the hero graphite looooools. not sure whether to do got the desire in black or not ?!?!

extra £50 ?!?!?!

or get the Sony Erickson xperia
    Go to a store & have a look at both Phones, Desire is ya top Android phone and the Xperia X10 is in it's own class
    ya gotta have a hands on with it to see it ya like it, if ya do I sure anything the other phones have to offer wont matter, trust me

Elite Guru
    I changed from Hero to Desire. The Hero is just plain boring and slow. Get rid of it.
    Feed the troll

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    That's one thing I noticed when looking at a lot of reviews and user comments, was complaints about the X10 only running 1.6. It's true that most of the features have already been compensated for.

I finally got my X10 and am loving it so far. The keyboard issue is... well not an issue. There's only two reasons I can think of one would complain. First being the legitimate complaint, and that's fat fingers. The second being complaining for the sake of complaining from only using the phone for 5 minutes.

I'm slightly miffed about the lack of multi-touch, but it's not a big deal. There's still rumors up on the air about whether or not it will be introduced with the 2.1 update. I don't really care that much though.

My main concern thus far is the battery life! But I'm slowly narrowing down the problem. It focuses on two things. The first is application and network usage. Wi-Fi kills the battery, 3G drains the battery faster, screen brightness, Bluetooth, updating email/facebook for timescape/email, gps, and background applications. The second is the battery just needs to be cycled a few times.

I've gotten plenty of apps to manage applications and network use while in standby (notorious, apparently), and others to manage while using the phone.

Some would argue it's ridiculous to go through so much to keep a stable and reasonable battery life, but quite honestly I'm not bothered.. and even find it kinda fun to Micromanage the phone.

Happy with it though.

Gaming Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    That's one thing I noticed when looking at a lot of reviews and user comments, was complaints about the X10 only running 1.6. It's true that most of the features have already been compensated for.

I finally got my X10 and am loving it so far. The keyboard issue is... well not an issue. There's only two reasons I can think of one would complain. First being the legitimate complaint, and that's fat fingers. The second being complaining for the sake of complaining from only using the phone for 5 minutes.

I'm slightly miffed about the lack of multi-touch, but it's not a big deal. There's still rumors up on the air about whether or not it will be introduced with the 2.1 update. I don't really care that much though.

My main concern thus far is the battery life! But I'm slowly narrowing down the problem. It focuses on two things. The first is application and network usage. Wi-Fi kills the battery, 3G drains the battery faster, screen brightness, Bluetooth, updating email/facebook for timescape/email, gps, and background applications. The second is the battery just needs to be cycled a few times.

I've gotten plenty of apps to manage applications and network use while in standby (notorious, apparently), and others to manage while using the phone.

Some would argue it's ridiculous to go through so much to keep a stable and reasonable battery life, but quite honestly I'm not bothered.. and even find it kinda fun to Micromanage the phone.

Happy with it though.
    Managing battery life on a smartphone isn't ridiculous at all. They drain battery like theres no tomorrow. Best thing to do is turn off 3G when you have no signal, searching for a signal kills more battery than having one. Turn off Wifi when not using it. Timescape will kill your battery the fastest imo. It is constantly retrieving info from the net. If you can change the time that it updates, do it, will help a lot.

Glad you are liking the phone.

@squirrel, get the Desire. A much better phone than the Xperia and is butter smooth.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by SonyJunkie View Post
    Managing battery life on a smartphone isn't ridiculous at all. They drain battery like theres no tomorrow. Best thing to do is turn off 3G when you have no signal, searching for a signal kills more battery than having one. Turn off Wifi when not using it. Timescape will kill your battery the fastest imo. It is constantly retrieving info from the net. If you can change the time that it updates, do it, will help a lot.

Glad you are liking the phone.

@squirrel, get the Desire. A much better phone than the Xperia and is butter smooth.
    Oh yea.

I've downloaded an app called data on demand, it turns off 2G/3G when the phone's screen shuts off (standby). I've also downloaded an app called TaskPanel which will close all apps running in the background when the phone goes into standby. Some apps will resume (depends on the app).

The first thing I did was set Facebook to manually update through timescape. Since it takes all of 2 seconds to load I don't even keep it running in the background. I have my email set to once an hour.

I only use Wi-fi when I know i'll be "wasting" data. Though since I'm on a data plan now, (or rogers recently made a change) it's only $0.03 per MB over. If I double my data usage that's an extra $15, if I do that a lot I'll just pay rogers the extra $5 a month to double the 500MB to 1GB. I don't see myself going over the 500MB though.

Thread Information