Latest PSU headlines:

Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 108118 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3159
    Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I believe phone cameras don't make sound if you turn down your ringing volume.

But as for question, no, sadly.
    I wish but vibrate is on and it clicks so $#@!ing loud.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Soldier 95B
    I have read before about how some companies and locations prevent the ability to disable the shutter sound for privacy reasons. Alerting potential victims of pervs taking pictures.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I remember when I had a blackberry it would make the most annoying sound when taking a photo.
    I remember those!! Used a Curve for a while and it let the whole room know whenever I took a picture.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I figured I would be "settling" for an S3, since my carrier (US Cellular) doesn't and won't carry the iPhone. I have to say, I REALLY like this S3 more than the iPhone 5 (based on checking out my step-dads iPhone 5).

The S3 has a big, but not so much so that it has hampered my ability to toss it in my front pocket. I am happy with my decision.
    There are only a couple things on the S3 that made me go away from it. If you don't find the issues, then you'll love the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Anybody know a good free app that allows for silent photography? Tired of taking a picture, and half the country can hear it.
    What phone is it? I just "flip the switch" on the side of my iphone 5, and snap a pic in silent mode.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    There are only a couple things on the S3 that made me go away from it. If you don't find the issues, then you'll love the phone.

What phone is it? I just "flip the switch" on the side of my iphone 5, and snap a pic in silent mode.
    Well, we can't all afford iphones.

Tis not a phone, its a samsung galaxy player 3.6. I found a free silent one, but it has a stupid green line attached to the side of each picture.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Anybody know a good free app that allows for silent photography? Tired of taking a picture, and half the country can hear it.
    Camera zoom FX should have a setting for this. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you could set the shutter sound to silent in the 'sound' settings of your phone.

Or yeah, usually if the phone is on silent the camera is silent too.

I have read before about how some companies and locations prevent the ability to disable the shutter sound for privacy reasons. Alerting potential victims of pervs taking pictures.
    Yeah- there's this disclaimer on the sounds setting to disable the shutter sound (at least there is on AOSP-based firmware/roms).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

7. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Camera zoom FX should have a setting for this. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you could set the shutter sound to silent in the 'sound' settings of your phone.

Or yeah, usually if the phone is on silent the camera is silent too.
    That looks perfect! I'll check that out for sure. thanks man.
    I checked everywhere on the phone and there is no option to shut off the $#@!ing shutter sound.

Soldier 95B
    Whoa...this SWIPE thing instead of typing? WAY COOL. That is a neat feature!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, we can't all afford iphones.

Tis not a phone, its a samsung galaxy player 3.6. I found a free silent one, but it has a stupid green line attached to the side of each picture.
    Ahhh, dayum, ya got me there. Completely forgot about the galaxy player you just got. Blame the brain injury.
    Whoa...this SWIPE thing instead of typing? WAY COOL. That is a neat feature!
    I had swype on my Galaxy S (the first Samsung Galaxy), and it was an amazing "app" keyboard. LOVED IT. I haven't used anything better since those three years ago. I was freaking 90 words per minute with that sucker.

The Heisman
    got the S3 for $75 on cyber monday... should be here in 3-ish weeks (backordered)

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    got the S3 for $75 on cyber monday... should be here in 3-ish weeks (backordered)
    Sucks to have to wait, but that's a pretty nice price (if it isn't on contract, even tons better).

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I must say that i am disappointed with my Galaxy S3 and with Android overall. I never thought id have to say that but i think that iPhone is the way to go...

The android is such a crap of an os.

First of all performance wise, damn does it suck even if you have decent hardware. Why the $#@! does it take 4 secounds to react for my actions? I click the home button and it brings me to the home screen after 4 secounds. I click the lock screen button and only after 2 secounds it locks it. All this stuff on ios devices processes instantly, with no delay at all and with lower end hardware. Now lets talk about bloatware. Why the $#@! in the first place it even has bloatware? wtf is that $#@!. IOS have none crap like bloatware or other crap. Also why are there like 4 different application stores for android? Why not make only one main applications store like on IOS? Those stores have terrible interfaces and only confuse with their majority. Also gaming is bad cause there are no decent games nor stores at all and like i already said those are horrible.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Thank Samsung for the bloatware. You can root your phone and install a clean firmware if you wish, your phone would probably run better. The few second delays when youre locking screen or going back to home doesn't seem right. I don't even get that on my S2 and I've got samsung stock firmware .

4 different stores? I know there's a samsung hub or something where they have some apps but google play is the main store

I do agree that overall iOS does looks like a smoother experience. I've never owned an iPhone but 2 of my brothers have the 5 and the user experience feels consistent throughout. That's the benefit of having a closed off device/os

Nexus phones likely run Android better due to them being stock android

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Mainly the bloatware is from the carrier. I mostly liked my S3. I got rid of the bloatware, and it ran pretty good even before that though. The battery life is abysmal though, and that was the main reason I switched back.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I must say that i am disappointed with my Galaxy S3 and with Android overall. I never thought id have to say that but i think that iPhone is the way to go...

The android is such a crap of an os.

First of all performance wise, damn does it suck even if you have decent hardware. Why the $#@! does it take 4 secounds to react for my actions? I click the home button and it brings me to the home screen after 4 secounds. I click the lock screen button and only after 2 secounds it locks it. All this stuff on ios devices processes instantly, with no delay at all and with lower end hardware. Now lets talk about bloatware. Why the $#@! in the first place it even has bloatware? wtf is that $#@!. IOS have none crap like bloatware or other crap. Also why are there like 4 different application stores for android? Why not make only one main applications store like on IOS? Those stores have terrible interfaces and only confuse with their majority. Also gaming is bad cause there are no decent games nor stores at all and like i already said those are horrible.
    Wow. Sounds like you got a bad S3. Mine is blindingly fast and all actions are instant. I have found it faster than the iPhone 5 I have used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Wow. Sounds like you got a bad S3. Mine is blindingly fast and all actions are instant. I have found it faster than the iPhone 5 I have used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Then you're dreaming lol. What ROM do you have on there? A special, "blindingly fast" rom, that no one else has; even the quad core folks?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Then you're dreaming lol. What ROM do you have on there? A special, "blindingly fast" rom, that no one else has; even the quad core folks?
    I myself have null v7. I've found the newer FWs are really fast (XXLSJ).

My only downside is that it's not AOSP (stock android or CM10 as well as CM10-derivative roms) fast. Though the differnce is more or less marginal. But I'd say in terms of speed, AOSP based FW > iOS or SGS/TW based FW.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I myself have null v7. I've found the newer FWs are really fast (XXLSJ).

My only downside is that it's not AOSP (stock android or CM10 as well as CM10-derivative roms) fast. Though the differnce is more or less marginal. But I'd say in terms of speed, AOSP based FW > iOS or SGS/TW based FW.
    I know they are faster, more efficient than standard OS on android, I just know it's not "instantaneous", and a completely different experience based on a carrier developed version.

Soldier 95B
    Then you're dreaming lol.
    Nope. Every single thing I access is ALWAYS instant. No delays.

What ROM do you have on there? A special, "blindingly fast" rom, that no one else has; even the quad core folks?
    I don't know what a ROM is I am afraid. It's the one that came with the phone at US Cellular. Though US Cellular put a little white chip in the phone when I bought it. It was a credit card shape that had a pop out chip that they removed from that card and put in the phone. I think it had something to do with 4G LTE though?
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 12-04-2012 at 12:58.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    [QUOTE=Soldier 95B;5958322][QUOTE=F34R;5958128]Then you're dreaming lol.

Nope. Every single thing I access is ALWAYS instant. No delays.

I don't know what a ROM is I am afraid. It's the one that came with the phone at US Cellular. Though US Cellular put a little white chip in the phone when I bought it. It was a credit card shape that had a pop out chip that they removed from that card and put in the phone. I think it had something to do with 4G LTE though?
    Your definition of "instantly" isn't any different than.... never mind. If you like the phone over what others you've used. That's all that matters. That chip is the SIM card, used for the LTE.

The Heisman
    S3 arrived today!

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    S3 arrived today!
    Congrats. The next one, S4, might be here in April, or May. 5" screen, 1080p, quad core, 13MP rear cam.. and a dose of Key Lime Pie.

The Heisman
    meh- I actually mad sure to get the s3 b/c I was afraid they would make the screen larger the next time around. only $75!

And I would bet money the s4 doesn't come out until july anyways
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-03-2012 at 21:24.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That's a pretty good price ya got it for. (I think we said that already?) lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Don't need a 1080p screen for a screen that small and for the distance that short either (though it wouldn't hurt). Though I'd take a good 13.1MP camera any day.

Congrats on the bargain DayWalker!

Thread Information