Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 109119 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3159
    The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    do you guys have a screen protector on your phones?

the s3 allegedly uses gorilla glass... but so did my HTC Thunderbolt... and I definitely noticed scratches once my protector fell off

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post

the s3 allegedly uses gorilla glass... but so did my HTC Thunderbolt... and I definitely noticed scratches once my protector fell off
    Definitely put a protector on it. I surely did.

The Heisman
    Zagg? I had one of those on my TB until it oddly fell off...

kinda expensive but good reviews... the cheap ones that you can get seem kinda $#@!ty

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

Zagg? I had one of those on my TB until it oddly fell off...

kinda expensive but good reviews... the cheap ones that you can get seem kinda $#@!ty
    There are more expensive ones which keep the sheen of the screen quality. The cheaper ones definitely make the screen look a bit cheap.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I got a matte one on mine. It tones down the street quality a little but it's worth it . Some people go commando but I just know I'd regret it soon after when I get an inevitible hair line stratch

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    My Experia U had a screen protector in the box, seems good quality to me, has a ton of scratches on it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Ancient
    Sony has just released their Beta Flashtools
    Now what I find funny is people complaining Saying Sony sucks & that it don't support all devices, seriously Sony can't do right by anyone :-/

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Awesome ^ My Experia U is unlocked. I prefer to buy my phones outright.
    I have no issues with it and when I need it lasts 5 days in stand by.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Sony has just released their Beta Flashtools
    Now what I find funny is people complaining Saying Sony sucks & that it don't support all devices, seriously Sony can't do right by anyone :-/

Sent via Codec
    It's no different than people praising Sony, saying they are best.. seriously Sony can't do no wrong to anyone. :-/

That's just how the world works. You have both sides of the fence.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's no different than people praising Sony, saying they are best.. seriously Sony can't do no wrong to anyone. :-/

That's just how the world works. You have both sides of the fence.
    Sony is the best at what they're good at, they could be better at other areas but same can be said about all companies really
    Its just in this day and age what they are lacking is what needs improving
    I think you'll agree when it comes to hardware and engineering Sony are top of their class, but are lacking in the other areas like software which is a key at the moment

Sent via Codec

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sony is the best at what they're good at, they could be better at other areas but same can be said about all companies really
    Its just in this day and age what they are lacking is what needs improving
    I think you'll agree when it comes to hardware and engineering Sony are top of their class, but are lacking in the other areas like software which is a key at the moment

Sent via Codec
    Yes and no. This topic wise, I have been liking their new phones. I almost would get one if it were on Verizon.

Ancient
    Yes and no. This topic wise, I have been liking their new phones. I almost would get one if it were on Verizon.
    Phone wise the way the phones are built and designed are top stuff, funny enough as it is software, go over to XDA and you'll see the love Sony has for its UI, but thats more to do with the cosmetic look of it
    What I find with Sony products in general is they hit all those high note and are followed by a " but "
    Its the same with T.V's, Samsung & LG are all known to be the TV'S to get, yet T3 or What has the Sony HX853 for the best in picture & 3D with even the HX753 ranking high and the prices are equal on other sets for the other companies
    As I'm about to buy a new TV I know the price difference and its only worth looking else where if ya buying a mid to low range as the other companies do offer a better deal for your buck
    Sent via Codec

Elite Guru
    Sony's phone efforts this year have been pretty good. Seems they wanna take that industry a bit more seriously since buying out the Ericsson half. The new Xperia phones are badass from what I've seen, and Sony is playing around with Android more than the other manufacturers it seems.

Anyways, can someone recommend me a solid rom for my S2? Something close to vanilla ICS and fast, not too harsh on battery . Kinda bored of the stock samsung ICS firmware so looking to flash to something else

Is it worth to trade my Galaxy Nexus for S3? I mean, I really like the bigger screen and since there are no virtual buttons, I would gain a few more inches, no?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    “Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by TetanossauroRex View Post
    Is it worth to trade my Galaxy Nexus for S3? I mean, I really like the bigger screen and since there are no virtual buttons, I would gain a few more inches, no?!

Yes, definitely worth trading.

Yes, definitely worth trading.
    Have you tried both? I am leaning towards build quality. Nexus 4 also looks good, but its screen is yellowish in comparison to my current phone(from YouTube).

Too bad Apple doesn't make android phones, I like their materials, but iOS sucks.

“Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by TetanossauroRex View Post
    Have you tried both? I am leaning towards build quality. Nexus 4 also looks good, but its screen is yellowish in comparison to my current phone(from YouTube).

Too bad Apple doesn't make android phones, I like their materials, but iOS sucks.

But Sony does.

The Xperia phone builds are nothing but solid. Check the Xperia P for example. I mean, you may not like it as a whole, but they;re solid phones.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    But Sony does.

The Xperia phone builds are nothing but solid. Check the Xperia P for example. I mean, you may not like it as a whole, but they;re solid phones.
    Xperia P, thats got the metal frame hasn't it

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Xperia P, thats got the metal frame hasn't it

Sent via Codec
    Yep.

Not only that, the non-metal bits are solid and firm as well. Even down to the older model Sony Ericsson (prior to the separation) Ray etc.

Just check some the of the ones out here:
    http://store.sony.com/c/Sony-Cell-Ph..._Mobile_Phones

I personally would go for a Sony if they were more 'unlocked' lie, Samsungs are. But it's not hard at all to install custom FW on these things - it's just waaaaaaay easier on Samsung phones.

But if you're not into that at all (heck even if you are) then by all means.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I would like to share something with you android users. A simple process on how to improve the performance of an android phone slightly.

1.) Go to Settings.
    2.) Navigate to Developer options and turn them on.
    3.) Set window animation scale to .5x and transition animation scale to .5x
    4.) Profit: Slight improvement in performance.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    well, i was warned by a mate, but its official..... i hate samsung phones.

quick run down of things wrong with my galaxy s2, which i loved for about 11 months:

1. "voltage too high, charging paused". this is a lovely message that i get when charging, and even when in my pocket. it is also accompanied by a lovely beeping noise that cannot be silenced, and an inability to turn off the phone without taking out the battery. the phone, in it's infinite wisdom, decides that it is needed, and turns itself on........ and starts beeping.

2. obviously its a pain to charge, but the little charge i do get also lasts no time at all. and when it does run out it frequently won't turn on at all once charged. which is odd, because i usually can't turn the bastard off.

3. this week is one of my phone's better weeks. at the moment it only freezes, thanks to something called 'samsung mapping service' (or some equally informative name) used in text messages. it frequently locks up, regardless of sending a text. which is nice.

4. my touch screen. and this is just as annoying as the points above. i lock my phone, try typing the keycode/swyping, but it doesn't recognise my finger until i shake it. which makes me look strange in public places.

5. allshare now is selfish and won't share anything but my music. its not that there are network issues, it literally won't share with me. it refuses to display my videos or pictures on the phone.

6. my mates tell me i sound like i'm underwater. i'm not. and i don't.

i know there are more, but i can't remember them right now. *oh yeah - $#@!ing "what would you like to do?" ummm, i'd like you and your cheap ass syri impersonation to $#@! off please. even muting the annoying $#@! doesn't calm me down that much, because i've heard her so much that even the silent menu triggers memories of her STUPID QUESTIONS. i can't believe they invented a middle button with a single and double tap function, but failed to allow it to register the difference. reminds me of the 360's dpad

Last edited by J3ff3; 12-17-2012 at 03:50.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    ^ Suckls for you bro.

Had the 1st issue with my S2 before,. But it went away. Definitely has something to do with the battery if it doesn't go away.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    ^ Suckls for you bro.

Had the 1st issue with my S2 before,. But it went away. Definitely has something to do with the battery if it doesn't go away.
    so did mine, for about 2 months.....

apparently theres a chip or MB for charging that needs replacing....

anyway, annoyingly i rooted the phone (about 2 months in - so not the cause of problems!), and now have to unroot the bastard to send it back (its still under warranty thank god)
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Master Poster
    the galaxy note 3 is in the works, im interested to see more info about it

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    well, i was warned by a mate, but its official..... i hate samsung phones.

quick run down of things wrong with my galaxy s2, which i loved for about 11 months:

1. "voltage too high, charging paused". this is a lovely message that i get when charging, and even when in my pocket. it is also accompanied by a lovely beeping noise that cannot be silenced, and an inability to turn off the phone without taking out the battery. the phone, in it's infinite wisdom, decides that it is needed, and turns itself on........ and starts beeping.

2. obviously its a pain to charge, but the little charge i do get also lasts no time at all. and when it does run out it frequently won't turn on at all once charged. which is odd, because i usually can't turn the bastard off.

i can't believe they invented a middle button with a single and double tap function, but failed to allow it to register the difference. reminds me of the 360's dpad

I have all these problems too =/. For the first problem I stick the charger into the port and sort of wiggle it around and it often fixes the problem. It's so $#@!ing annoying tho as is the centre button which sometimes registers as a double click even though I press it once.

I genuinely thought I was the only one with these issues LOL.

As mentioned already in this thread I've been looking for a new rom to flash on as I'm bored of samsung ics offering. I'll probably do it tonight. So far it's a throw up between cm 10.1 or jellybam. I'll probably put on the latter and see how it goes

Can't Samsung see that you've flashed the device a number of times even if you flash the default firmware back on? I thought warranty remains void if that happens

Thread Information