Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 110120 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3159
    I went shopping last weekend and I had the opportunity to check those devices out.
    First of all, I was really impressed by the iPhone 5's build quality. Too bad its screen's 4" and it's running iOS. Although, it seems to be worth the price tag(for you guys from the USA anyway. In Brazil, it costs around USD 1,200)
    Galaxy S3 has a very nice design and screen, but falls short in all other categories. It feels like a piece of plastic(poor quality), even my GNexus feels better at hand.
    I think I am going to wait for those new devices, 1080p screen resolution sounds really good. If necessary I will try to import the i5, even though I don't like the iOS, build quality won me over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    “Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TetanossauroRex View Post
    I went shopping last weekend and I had the opportunity to check those devices out.
    First of all, I was really impressed by the iPhone 5's build quality. Too bad its screen's 4" and it's running iOS. Although, it seems to be worth the price tag(for you guys from the USA anyway. In Brazil, it costs around USD 1,200)
    Galaxy S3 has a very nice design and screen, but falls short in all other categories. It feels like a piece of plastic(poor quality), even my GNexus feels better at hand.
    I think I am going to wait for those new devices, 1080p screen resolution sounds really good. If necessary I will try to import the i5, even though I don't like the iOS, build quality won me over.

I've pointed it out before, have a look at the Sony phones.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Sorry, mate. I thought I've replied you.
    My favorite phone was a Sony Ericsson(au S001), but I haven't seen any of their high end smartphones in that store. That's why I am going to judge those later. Do they feel like cheap plastic?

Best ever made.

“Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

4. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by TetanossauroRex View Post
    Sorry, mate. I thought I've replied you.
    My favorite phone was a Sony Ericsson(au S001), but I haven't seen any of their high end smartphones in that store. That's why I am going to judge those later. Do they feel like cheap plastic?

Best ever made.

No They're real solid stuff.

Not sure what is their "high-end" at the moment. Their mid-range one - the Xperia P - has a very solid look and feel to it though.

Runs really well too.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    How is the LG Optimus G by any chance thinking about getting a parent one for Christmas.

In fact might as well ask the full question which phone(being unbias) is the best to get.

HTC One X+
    LG Optimus G
    Motorola Atrix HD
    Apple Iphone 5
    Original HTC One X
    Other

The Heisman
    so I just caught wind that jelly bean for the s3 is now available on verizon... I started to download it then thought better of it and checked the interwebs...

sure enough seeing reports of glitches and battery life drain resulting from the update.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Is this a serious issue or am I just catching the usual griping?
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-19-2012 at 03:43.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    so I just caught wind that jelly bean for the s3 is now available on verizon... I started to download it then thought better of it and checked the interwebs...

sure enough seeing reports of glitches and battery life drain resulting from the update.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Is this a serious issue or am I just catching the usual griping?
    No issue here.

Though mine is the International version.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I intsalled Jelly Bam custom rom for my S2 couple nights ago and I'm loving it. My phone feels like a different beast when compared to the bloated, uninsipired 4.0~ ics update from Samsung. Very fast and stable

Thing is, my battery doesn't seem any better or worse from when I was on stock. I've tried different kernels too and still no luck. I woke up at 1pm today, it's almost 4pm now and my phone is on 61% o_O, and that's only after some casual texting and web browsing, only WiFi and 3g data signals active.

I'm thinking there is a problem with my battery. I might have to buy a new one, but the battery's just under a year old >:/

Sigh >.>

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Speaking of such have any of you caught your eye on the Sony Yuga C6603, Might be Sonys next Flagship. Have a Google its worth a Google
    New member of the PS4 club

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by marcsony View Post
    Speaking of such have any of you caught your eye on the Sony Yuga C6603, Might be Sonys next Flagship. Have a Google its worth a Google
    I jsut did.

And wow!
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I intsalled Jelly Bam custom rom for my S2 couple nights ago and I'm loving it. My phone feels like a different beast when compared to the bloated, uninsipired 4.0~ ics update from Samsung. Very fast and stable

Thing is, my battery doesn't seem any better or worse from when I was on stock. I've tried different kernels too and still no luck. I woke up at 1pm today, it's almost 4pm now and my phone is on 61% o_O, and that's only after some casual texting and web browsing, only WiFi and 3g data signals active.

I'm thinking there is a problem with my battery. I might have to buy a new one, but the battery's just under a year old >:/

Sigh >.>
    Battery usually takes a good few cycles to fully settle. Note when you've flashed a new rom that the process usually takes its toll on the battery as it's flashing a FW as well as you're usually restoring apps and data etc.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by marcsony View Post
    It does look/sound amazing, but knowing Sony and their track record with their mobile phone division, itll come out waay to late shipping with Android 4.0 n take around a year to get to 4.1 or if your lucky 4.2 while 4.3/5.0 will had launched already.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    It does look/sound amazing, but knowing Sony and their track record with their mobile phone division, itll come out waay to late shipping with Android 4.0 n take around a year to get to 4.1 or if your lucky 4.2 while 4.3/5.0 will had launched already.
    Jelly Bean was released how long ago, How many phones support it officially?
    like the guys over at XDA say, a official Sony firmware is as stable as you can get with a lot of added extras, shame they ain't a little faster, but its worth it
    And Sony do " to their ability" release new updates for phones on the market, not release new hardware as soon as a new firmware is released and cut support for the last model they released 6 months ago
    I know tech moves on and some may like it but buying a new phone every 4-6 months is ridiculous.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Googled that Sony Yuga. Looks mighty impressive. Never knew Sony were that late with the firmwares but Samsung ain't too quick from my experience either.

My upgrade is in March, might just look at the Yuga - but most likely get S4 if it comes out around that time

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Bottom line, no manufacturer/OEM/Vendor is going to be as quick unless it's a Nexus phone.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Ok, I'm planning on switching from Boost Mobile (Sprint) to T - Mobile (one of their monthly4G plans).

Can anyone tell me what they think about T-Mobile? Is there service any good? I'm not too worried about their 4G speed, since a lot of people say it's not really "4G".

Also, here is the phone I'm looking at getting from them:
    LG Optimus L9

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/p...nnual-Contract

Thanks for any replies!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    I've owned several Sony phones and I've always been happy with them from back in the k750 days and such. Yes they can be slow with firmware updates but if you have a phone with the hope of constantly wanting the latest firmware imo you best stick with apple. I buy my handsets based on what they can do at the time not what I hope they may do in the future but that's just me. Nice to see we're loving the Yuga tho guys.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    New member of the PS4 club

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I was waiting for the Xperia T to come out here, but it won't be releasing this year in my area and that sucks!! I'll be waiting for the Yuga, as it looks like it's gonna be a a worthy upgrade from my Xperia S.

About the FW on Sony phones, they are slow for sure but, that doesn't bother me one bit. As long as my phone is working fine i don't really mind the wait.

Veteran
    Bottom line, no manufacturer/OEM/Vendor is going to be as quick unless it's a Nexus phone.
    agreed but while JB was out and everyone was releasing new devices with ICS, Sony was still releasing theirs with Gingerbread.....

I love their phones. The hardware itself and their designs are great. They are just always releasing their devices too late. They always announce their hardware before or around the same time as everyone else and release long after everyone else making it seem dated hardware wise. Always being a step behind on the software doesn't contribute any either.

I still remember when they said the X10 would not and cound not support multitouch.. Ever... Then memebers on XDA enabled multitouch... Lol

Sometimes I wonder if they've any idea what they are doing. They have the potential to easily be a top Android manufacturer, but for some reason it feels like they go out of their way to make it so that they arent. o_O

I hope they get their sh** together. Id like to see them succeed. Im tired of all of Samsungs cheap feeling plastics and HTC and Google going all Apple forcing everyone to miniscule onboard storage with no expansion. Motorola.... They need to stop giving Verizon exclusives to their actual good hardware while giving everyone else either nothing or crap... Goldstar... Ill never ever buy an LG again..
    Last edited by faaeng; 12-21-2012 at 09:59.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Guru
    Maybe next year is the turning point for them. If I remember correctly I read that Sony phones are up by quite a bit this year than last

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Googled that Sony Yuga. Looks mighty impressive. Never knew Sony were that late with the firmwares but Samsung ain't too quick from my experience either.

My upgrade is in March, might just look at the Yuga - but most likely get S4 if it comes out around that time
    Samsung tend to just release a new phone as to release firmware to their current models
    The S3 is a ICS device but I don't see it going past JB

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Made the switch from apple to android today.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I heard there is an S4 coming out any word on that I may get an S3 soon but if the S4 is coming out in march I could wait

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Can upgrade again in may. See what the s4 is like. Happy to keep my s2 if nothin tickles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully, Sony's "Yuga" lives up to the rumors. It does look good.

Thread Information