Latest PSU headlines:

Page 98 of 127 FirstFirst ... 8898108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3159
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Right...

I'll be honest, this is all double-dutch to me!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Right...

I'll be honest, this is all double-dutch to me!
    lol

Trust me. It's simlpe oince you acually do it.

Think of it as opening your Command prompt in windows (equivalent to recovery) to install a new OS (your new ROM - MIUI).

You'll be fine as long as you follow the instructions on xda.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol

Trust me. It's simlpe oince you acually do it.

Think of it as opening your Command prompt in windows (equivalent to recovery) to install a new OS (your new ROM - MIUI).

You'll be fine as long as you follow the instructions on xda.
    Right, let me see if I have this right.

I carry out what this tutorial says, and then I'm left with a rooted phone and a recovery image in case things go tits-up and I need to restore it.
    And then from here, I can put on whatever image/theme (whatever it's called) that I want?

Honestly, I'm really sorry for the stupid questions.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Right, let me see if I have this right.

I carry out what this tutorial says, and then I'm left with a rooted phone and a recovery image in case things go tits-up and I need to restore it.
    And then from here, I can put on whatever image/theme (whatever it's called) that I want?

Honestly, I'm really sorry for the stupid questions.
    Mate, don't even worry about it; I understand you want to get it straight.

1. Yes, follow the steps outlined in that link.
    2. You want to make sure you have copied the ROM (MIUI) onto your phone's memory card (preferrably the internal one - not sure about the HTC Desire, but you may have an internal SD and maybe an external SD card as well).

Usually best to do copy it to the internal (default) storage. (nothing wrong with using the external one though - but custom recovery's usualy defualt to the internal one).

3. Once you have done the rooting method - GO here (http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/21/how...-htc-desire-2/) on how to install a ROM.

4. Make sure to also check the ROM's thread (or website, in the case of MIUI) on correct flashing/installation procedure.

Usually though, the procedure is more or less the same.

Good luck.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Mate, don't even worry about it; I understand you want to get it straight.

1. Yes, follow the steps outlined in that link.
    2. You want to make sure you have copied the ROM (MIUI) onto your phone's memory card (preferrably the internal one - not sure about the HTC Desire, but you may have an internal SD and maybe an external SD card as well).

Usually best to do copy it to the internal (default) storage. (nothing wrong with using the external one though - but custom recovery's usualy defualt to the internal one).

3. Once you have done the rooting method - GO here (http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/21/how...-htc-desire-2/) on how to install a ROM.

4. Make sure to also check the ROM's thread (or website, in the case of MIUI) on correct flashing/installation procedure.

Usually though, the procedure is more or less the same.

Good luck.
    Cheers. I feel like an old person trying to learn something here

When you say that [the text in bold] do you mean the recovery image, or the ROM that I wish to install?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    ROM just refers to what you want to install. And please for the love of all that is holy, always make a NAND backup before flashing new ROMs. Don't want a brick for a phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Dedicated Member
    I have just discovered screen capture on the SG2! Bit fiddly, but a saving grace.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah I discovered it recently too lol. It's neat

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Cheers. I feel like an old person trying to learn something here

When you say that [the text in bold] do you mean the recovery image, or the ROM that I wish to install?
    I mean the ROM you wish to install.

Ancient
    Good dam it, waiting for Orange to update their stock so I can order my Xperia S

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Guru
    Anyone had much experience with Verizon's current 4g android offerings? I think my wife and I are ready to leave Sprint, and honestly anything should be a step up from my HTC hero I use now. Basically, I'm deciding between the Droid razr, galaxy nexus, LG spectrum and HTC rezound. All have decent reviews, and the gingerbread phones are all said to be getting ics soon from what I understand. I've been reading/watching reviews and comparisons, so I guess I'm just wondering if anyone here had any thoughts/insight?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Anyone had much experience with Verizon's current 4g android offerings? I think my wife and I are ready to leave Sprint, and honestly anything should be a step up from my HTC hero I use now. Basically, I'm deciding between the Droid razr, galaxy nexus, LG spectrum and HTC rezound. All have decent reviews, and the gingerbread phones are all said to be getting ics soon from what I understand. I've been reading/watching reviews and comparisons, so I guess I'm just wondering if anyone here had any thoughts/insight?
    Of those, get the Nexus, IMO. Pure Android ftw. And you're guaranteed updates and you won't have to wait 8 trillion years for them. That and it's a gorgeous phone. I don't have one myself, but I've spent a hefty dose of time on my cousin's and she has nothing but good things to say about it and she's quite a power user.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Is it possible to create a new paragraph while texting people? I'm running ICS 4.0.2
    “Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by TetanossauroRex View Post
    Is it possible to create a new paragraph while texting people? I'm running ICS 4.0.2
    Not with the stock app as far as i know.

Try another SMS app perhaps.

Veteran
    New paragraph? You texting a novel? Call the person if its gonna be THAT long......
    In all seriousness tho, I'm not aware of a way to do this other then a bunch of spaces.

PeanutButterMunky, while i agree that i would probably go with the nexus, i have to disagree about guaranteed updates without having to wait forever. I got a Nexus S with ICS all thanks to XDA. The official update STILL isn't out yet. Galaxy S IIs and HTC Sensations will have it before I do.

The only REAL Nexus was the Nexus One. Google branding. it was a Google Nexus One not an HTC Nexus One. Timely updates before anyone else n no bloat. Just pure Android.

Now we have a Samsung Nexus S n a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Nexus S still waiting on updates while other devices start rollin them out as soon as tomorrow. Bloatware on the Galaxy Nexus... Who knows when the GN will get updates once the next Nexus drops. Its already been confirmed that only certain builds will be updated by google themselves. The others will be done by Samsung n Carrier.

Nexus brand isnt what it started off as. Now its just a vanilla android device with an easy unlocked bootloader (atleast for now).
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-09-2012 at 00:39.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    If you're an an S2 (i9100) user, you should get ICS on the 10th of March.

Veteran
    Yeah, international GSIIs supposed to be getting the update the 10th. Carrier branded phones? no clue.. XD

Sensation and Sensation XE got their ICS update today in Germany and here I am with a Nexus S without an official update yet... Google, your slackin.
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-09-2012 at 02:09.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Guru
    The more I've been reading about them, the more I'm weary of the Nexus. Between screen issues, crashes and major reception issues, I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I'm not really a power user, and like I said I'm coming from a Hero still using Android 1.6 IIRC, so I'm going to be extremely pleased with whatever I get.

Rezound has a great screen, good camera and a free set of decent earbuds, but battery is sketchy (resolved with better battery)

Nexus has ICS and looks great but seems to be having a lot of issues right now

Razr is overall pretty well liked but has an inferior screen and camera and is a bit awkward in your hand

Ugh, yeah I'm still deciding.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Ugh wth.

Even though I'm gonna get pissed with it because of touchwhizz, it's better than my stock gingerbread atm lol

Hurry up Samsung

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Hey guys, due a phone upgrade next week, torn between I phone 4s and the Samsung Galaxy.

I use my phone, for internet lots, like to browse Twitter and go on forums if I can on the phone; I like to use music.

So any particular pick? Sorry to ask, I just am out of the loop with phones.

Master Guru
    Which provider?
    Kind of depends on what you think you might actually want from it down the road. I know a few that had upgrades coming up right when the 4S dropped on Sprint. 2 got Androids and one got the 4S. They're all happy but the Android converts really got into messing with their phones and doing whatever with it. Wasn't really the primary reason for choosing it but turned out to be the deal breaker.

Not sure if all the major carriers still do it, but some let you trial a phone for 30 days. Could grab the iPhone and see what is what. Maybe it just does what you need it to. Maybe you don't like it and cop an Android phone. Just depends.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Hey guys, due a phone upgrade next week, torn between I phone 4s and the Samsung Galaxy.

I use my phone, for internet lots, like to browse Twitter and go on forums if I can on the phone; I like to use music.

So any particular pick? Sorry to ask, I just am out of the loop with phones.
    How much you looking to spend?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i'd say the gs2 is fantastic value for money at the moment...i've seen it for as low as £15.00 a month! so so cheap, and still incredibly powerful, even amongst the newer handsets its stands up well...

The dude abides....

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    I'd say about 30-40 a month, It would be with 02, I have been offered the I Phone 4s or Galaxy for 37 a month, 600 minutes, 1 gig allowance, unlimited texts.

Or should I sod em and go with someone else?

Thread Information