Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 119 111 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Apprentice

Android Phone Thread

searched and couldnt find one that was already made so.

i got the g1, ditched the iphone 3g for it. and i love the g1. anyone else got an android phone?

PSN: Hologram777

Dedicated Member
    no but i plan on getting one and i have verizon so i have about 4 different choices coming soon

Apprentice
    cool, what ones do you have in mind? I might upgrade to the motorola cliq on nov 2nd but im not sure yet cause i love the g1

Elite Guru
    I don't even have a phone right now, but I'm definitely considering the Droid. Everything I've seen from it so far looks amazing. Plus it has 'Android 2.0.' I think it's coming out in November?

Looks awesome so far.

Flash 10? Hell yeah.

Apprentice
    yeah dude, the android is the future as far as phone os goes.

Dedicated Member
    well from what I have read:

moto sholes
    moto calgary
    htc desire
    htc passion
    htc predator
    htc eris

keep in mind some of those phones may have two different names so the list could be smaller

droid is the name of a series of android phones, not the name of a specific android phone

Elite Member

I have the Pre, but damn, i want the HERO. I would trade my Pre right now for it.
    ****I7 920, GTX295 EVGA, 6gb OCZ****
    ***********Sony 40v4100***********
    **************60gb Ps3*************
    *******Arcade 360 w/ 20gb add-on*****

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzypumpkins View Post
    well from what I have read:

moto sholes
    moto calgary
    htc desire
    htc passion
    htc predator
    htc eris

keep in mind some of those phones may have two different names so the list could be smaller

droid is the name of a series of android phones, not the name of a specific android phone
    From what I read the 'sholes' is going to be called 'Droid' and then the rest of the phones will have a subname.

Superior Member
    i want a android, but my iphone does more than enough, and the app store has far better choice than other phones (who could not want over 100 choices of fart apps). plus i would not touch a motorola with a 30ft poll after years of crap moto phones

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by tomqman View Post
    i want a android, but my iphone does more than enough, and the app store has far better choice than other phones (who could not want over 100 choices of fart apps). plus i would not touch a motorola with a 30ft poll after years of crap moto phones
    lol Thats true. The razor for instance is probably one of the worst phones I've ever used.

But there are other android phones, pretty much anything that HTC makes has an amazing build quality.

Master Guru
    I have a G1, that Droid is looking sexy, would like to upgrade soonish to something a bit sleeker/slimmer

Forum Sage
    Im looking forward to the Sony Ericsson Rachel

Elite Guru
    I'm very pleased with my HTC Hero. It does everything it needs to do, and it does it FAST!!
    Feed the troll

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bubano View Post
    I'm very pleased with my HTC Hero. It does everything it needs to do, and it does it FAST!!
    They are all I need for sure. I have a mild overclock and it's zippy enough for my light usage. With custom cpu settings the battery last longer too as I am quite a light user as far as phones go.

Edit: lol... why didn't I look at what page I was on? If I could have an official 2.2 android build on my phone I would be soooo happy.
    Last edited by Lozt_again; 08-06-2010 at 13:50.
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm a diehard iPhone 3GS user. Haven't used the Android yet so I can't comment on its interface, but its app store pales in comparison to Apple's. I have way too much invested in iPhone apps to give them up. Either way, I'm glad to see the cell phone market follow Apple's lead. Competition is a good thing.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    I'm a diehard iPhone 3GS user. Haven't used the Android yet so I can't comment on its interface, but its app store pales in comparison to Apple's. I have way too much invested in iPhone apps to give them up. Either way, I'm glad to see the cell phone market follow Apple's lead. Competition is a good thing.
    Well the iPhone has been out longer than any Android phone. So that is the main reason why.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon View Post
    Well the iPhone has been out longer than any Android phone. So that is the main reason why.
    True. It would be nice to see some of the iPhone devs port their games over to Android. Know of a good site for following Android apps/games news? Like I said, I'm not giving up my iPhone, but I think the Android vs. iPhone battle will be one of the more intriguing to watch.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Master Guru
    For me, I'll never touch an iphone unless they add a real keyboard. I was going to get a Blackberry for a while, but now I'm waiting for something like this:

I've tried the virtual keyboards, and they just stink compared to real ones. I'd be using it for my business and email on the go, so that's a must for me.

This above phone is the Samsung Moment and is running on Google Android as well. For sure the iphone leads in the app store by miles, but I love the google integration that's there / is coming. I also love the fact that Google is also the one providing some of the key content. If Google pulled themselves out of the iphone and took with them google maps and so on, Android would put themselves in a strong position.

My guess is this is going to be a 2 pony race in a few years between Android and the Iphone. Android being completely open vs the closed Blackberry, closed Windows Mobile, and semi closed iphone. There's just so much potential in completely open source and free. And Google is the dominant force right now in search, maps, and news on the internet.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    I feel you on the app thing but... honestly as of right now the iPhone OS is limited ... very limited. When you use an android handset whether you like it or not the OS is sooooo much more robust and capable is not even funny. from multi-tasking to widgets to cloud syncing of pictures/contacts/ documents/ and a contact list that merge perfectly with social networking sites. Android is sooo far ahead that apple is now playing catchup. I know that the app store and iTunes is no joke but ill take a better OS with slightly less polished apps any day over an operating system that only allows me to do one thing at a time and hasn't changed since it has come out.

and the apps store just has raw numbers when compared to the android market place...

not to mention the android OS allows you to literally replace stock apps with ones from the app store. Just like a computer you can change browsers and use a diff one as your default.. and that goes for any app... messaging/ file viewer/ picture viewer... its so versatile. Sometimes I forget I am not on a PC.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    may have failed epically. i brought the hero graphite looooools. not sure whether to do got the desire in black or not ?!?!

extra £50 ?!?!?!

or get the Sony Erickson xperia
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Dedicated Member
    Desire

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    may have failed epically. i brought the hero graphite looooools. not sure whether to do got the desire in black or not ?!?!

extra £50 ?!?!?!

or get the Sony Erickson xperia
    Go to a store & have a look at both Phones, Desire is ya top Android phone and the Xperia X10 is in it's own class
    ya gotta have a hands on with it to see it ya like it, if ya do I sure anything the other phones have to offer wont matter, trust me

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    yeah now the motorola sholes is actually the motorola droid and the other android phones coming to verizon will also have droid in their name....doesnt make much sense.

and the htc passion is most likely the htc dragon

Master Guru
    The way my G1 interects with maps and contacts, it's seamless. I can have a contacts adress, open it up in maps, then search for the nearest restaurant all in literally 3 clicks. Google Maps gives me traffic info and instant GPS.

I can be browsing a website and checking out restaurants, the G1 will let me add the number straight to my contacts, find the address on maps and read restaurant reviews. The same goes with anything like attractions and public transport.

Elite Guru
    The fully released information on the Motorola Droid was released today, it is quite impressive to say the least.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/28/m...irst-hands-on/

Has a ton of new pictures and a decently long video showing off the interface and functions and especially google maps. The lady talking describes it as 'DVD Quality' recording, and from the looks of it, it looks pretty damn close. I am pretty impressed.

The price is also $300 but it comes with a $100 mail-in-rebate. Not too bad, and it also comes with a 16gb Micro SD card pre-installed. That sounds like a damn good deal to me.

The specs here:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...ROID-US-EN.alt

VIDEO CAPTURE RATE:
    DVD quality (720x480 resolution) up to 24 fps capture; up to 30 fps playback.

That's damn impressive imo.

Thread Information