Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Faith Misplaced

Superior Member

Faith Misplaced

Hey people! I was gonna post in the Modern Warfare 2 thread but I had a bigger point to make so........
    IW and Activision put all the faith into Xbox 360 because of more people buying and Live and whatnot ,Needless to say there faith was misplaced ad I've trolled through forums and the Xbox 360 version is all over torrents and I just signed into Live and I have 5 friends playing modern warfare 2 already.PS3 is yet to be cracked like this with pirated games floating around,yes fair enough you can game share but thats limited to 5 accounts and can be traced.This should be a huge dent in the pockets of Activision and this is huge news on the net and through IW official forum, so maybe this will allow Activision and other compies to see that PS3 is near Bulletproof and the profit margin will be greater (cant be pirated)And invest more faith and stop this "Exclusive to Microsoft" crap that I'm sick of.
    What do you guys think?

Dedicated Member

A lot of people used to make the argument that the PS2 was successful because of piracy, and consoles like the Dreamcast which was hard to pirate failed because of it. Personally I think it was a lot of reasons, but with the 360 larger base, they most likely will still sell more copies of the game on 360 than PS3, and that really all what Activision cares about.

Aren't we being overly presumptuous that the PS3 version won't be any good? MW1 was the same on both the 360 and PS3, unless the magnifying glass folks say otherwise. "I swear I saw a pixel out of alignment in my 6 hours of play."

Superior Member
    I'm using MW2 as my basis for the constant piracy that is plagueing the 360. Halo 3,Halo Wars,Halo ODST,MW2,GTA4,F3,Fallout 3 all the HUGE games were released a week or more earlier over Torrent sites.Sure the 360 has more hardware consoles out there but the sales of games I would of thought would be down drastically wich means sales figures would be down so maybe developers and publishers shouldent show so much "Exclusive" love to Microsoft all the time.
    The PS2 and Dreamcast maybe popular because of piracy but thats hardware sales not games sales

Superior Member
    I realy hope devs start to think, make more games for the ps3 and port the version to the xbox with loss in quality as a result! Not the other way around how it is now. I'm not saying infinity is doing a bad job at developing the game for ps3! But they realy want to make both console versions equal so no side can complain! In my oppinion CoD or any other multiplatform in my oppinion can reach a higher level of quality if the Xbox is not in the picture. Better games mean more sales, ps3 exclusives mean no loss of money because of cheap pirates, ect...
    _-~[ Death has a thousand faces, Evil has only one ]~-_

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Virus View Post
    Hey people! I was gonna post in the Modern Warfare 2 thread but I had a bigger point to make so........
    IW and Activision put all the faith into Xbox 360 because of more people buying and Live and whatnot ,Needless to say there faith was misplaced ad I've trolled through forums and the Xbox 360 version is all over torrents and I just signed into Live and I have 5 friends playing modern warfare 2 already.PS3 is yet to be cracked like this with pirated games floating around,yes fair enough you can game share but thats limited to 5 accounts and can be traced.This should be a huge dent in the pockets of Activision and this is huge news on the net and through IW official forum, so maybe this will allow Activision and other compies to see that PS3 is near Bulletproof and the profit margin will be greater (cant be pirated)And invest more faith and stop this "Exclusive to Microsoft" crap that I'm sick of.
    What do you guys think?
    So what does all that mean when the 360 version still sells more than the PS3 version? Tell me what you'll think of that.

alanshearer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    So what does all that mean when the 360 version still sells more than the PS3 version? Tell me what you'll think of that.
    Only in NA. Most games now are pretty close. I think only shooters tend to sell better because after all the xbox is a shooter centric console.

And to the thread starter it's ms money hatting nothing more nothing less. Which they have to do because of the xboxs lack of exclusives.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    You're not even on the topic alan. He's talking about activision and IW having misplaced faith in the 360 because of piracy. Even with the piracy concerns, WORLDWIDE, the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version. What does that have to do with microsoft exclusives, or lack thereof?

Master Guru
    You're not even on the topic alan. He's talking about activision and IW having misplaced faith in the 360 because of piracy. Even with the piracy concerns, WORLDWIDE, the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version. What does that have to do with microsoft exclusives, or lack thereof?
    I'm not sure, the gap is closing and tbh I don't care. I won't buy MW2, I'm done with Activision making 100 games of the same series every year. Why don't they drop their games prices?
    PLAYING: DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO, TEAM ICO HD COLLECTION, BF3 BETA.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    A lot of people used to make the argument that the PS2 was successful because of piracy, and consoles like the Dreamcast which was hard to pirate failed because of it.
    You got that backwards, the Dreamcast was one of the easiest consoles to play pirated games on.

Veteran
    ^You got that right. Bleemcast! (allowing Dreamcast to play PS1 games) dropped on the scene less than a year after the Dreamcast released...and PS1 was a seasoned pirated console at that point.

Apprentice
    COD sells well because that what the 360 is for tbh. FPS games.
    PSN: Sindher. Feel free to add me =]

Elite Guru
    Lets be honest. Modern Warfare sold over what, 14 million units? That's a large chunk of change.

Even if Modern Warfare 2 sells only half that (and it won't, it'll do more than 7 million units) they're still going to profit hugely.

I'm willing to bet production costs were significantly lower this time round because a large amount of assets were already present from the first game. Infinity Ward and Activision are laughing all the way to the bank - even with the piracy on X360.

The only real thing leading on the X360 is the DLC.

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    What do you guys think?
    well the problem is microsoft makes up for most of that loss to make the exclusive content...so IW and Activision don't see as much of the loss.

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Superior Member
    I really hope people understand the direction I'm going here.

"So what does all that mean when the 360 version still sells more than the PS3 version? Tell me what you'll think of that. "-
    It most probaly will outsell the PS3 but the amount of people playing MW2 right NOW in rough guessing must be around 1000,s of lost revenue.

This console generation has completly baffled me,now everythings about exlusive content and trying to ram more media down our throats in systems that are supposed to just play games.
    The PS3 has sufferd serious hate and still does get alot of negative feedback but after the years its been out it still CANNOT be hacked to play pirate PS3 games.That to me seems the most efficiant console to be "Lead Developed" for games to make the most money off hence why I entilted the thread "faith misplaced" no faith in PS3 .

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I really hope people understand the direction I'm going here.

"So what does all that mean when the 360 version still sells more than the PS3 version? Tell me what you'll think of that. "-
    It most probaly will outsell the PS3 but the amount of people playing MW2 right NOW in rough guessing must be around 1000,s of lost revenue.

This console generation has completly baffled me,now everythings about exlusive content and trying to ram more media down our throats in systems that are supposed to just play games.
    The PS3 has sufferd serious hate and still does get alot of negative feedback but after the years its been out it still CANNOT be hacked to play pirate PS3 games.That to me seems the most efficiant console to be "Lead Developed" for games to make the most money off hence why I entilted the thread "faith misplaced" no faith in PS3 .
    It's unlikely there bottom feeding scum would have shelled out for the game, well at least not all of them.

MS is working on it, the new motherboard /drive combon that just came onto the market last week is apprantly immpossible to flash, and they have begun to mass ban people....

US, October 30, 2009 - Wake up this morning only to find your Xbox Live account has been banned? That's probably because you had a modded console and were playing illegal, pirated copies of games.

"We have taken action against a small percentage of consoles that have been modified to play pirated game discs," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN....

"All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs violates the Xbox LIVE terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE," the spokesperson added. "The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive from manufacturers, retailers, and the third parties that support them
    I'm not sure it's "misplaced faith".

Superior Member
    "It's unlikely there bottom feeding scum would have shelled out for the game, well at least not all of them.

MS is working on it, the new motherboard /drive combon that just came onto the market last week is apprantly immpossible to flash, and they have begun to mass ban people...."

Windows 7 was hacked before it was officially released every xbox system and firmware has been hacked.
    There track record doesnt yeild to much faith.
    ill let you know on the ban-hammer situation my friends are still playing MW2

Master Poster
    I agree, this whole exclusivity to Microsoft needs to stop, like the new GTA DLCs for example. Sure, that's Microsofts thing, but I still think they should let Sony have it as well.

Twitter - @PeterRobbo12
    XBOX LIVE - Peter Robbo

Elite Member
    As mynd quoted, the fact that MS are banning the Live accounts of gamers using pirated games pretty much eradicates this issue, since the COD franchise basically sells on the strength of its multiplayer. It leaves the pirates with 2 choices - buy the game legally and get online, or pirate it and don't.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by theaface View Post
    As mynd quoted, the fact that MS are banning the Live accounts of gamers using pirated games pretty much eradicates this issue, since the COD franchise basically sells on the strength of its multiplayer. It leaves the pirates with 2 choices - buy the game legally and get online, or pirate it and don't.
    You would think that would be the case, however, Microsoft have done all this before and yet the hackers get around it. Stealth patches are used at the moment so these people can play online.
    Its just a cat and mouse game, and so far the mouse is winner, just like it has been for many years.

Forum Guru
    I'd think, congrats IW!

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by L1nux K1ng View Post
    I agree, this whole exclusivity to Microsoft needs to stop, like the new GTA DLCs for example. Sure, that's Microsofts thing, but I still think they should let Sony have it as well.
    Are you saying that Sony should have access to the dlc they didn't want to fund? How is that supposed to work. Microsoft loans Rockstar the money to produce this content, and Sony should get it too? Tell Peter Pan I said hey.

Apprentice
    I think what most are trying to say is MS should stop going to these companies and offering to pay for what should have been in the original game to begin with. I am not talking about map pack and such, I am talking about think like TBOGT and Lost and Damned with GTA4. Both of those would have been in the original game in previous generations. Now since MS has started a trend, some game studios think it is ok to give you 1/2 or 3/4 of a game and charge you more to DL the rest. They are also right about MS trying to stop Piracy. They have always failed at it before why should it change now?

Veteran
    I love how people think Piracy is putting this huge dent in sales when in reality it's not something most xbox gamers will want to do since you get banned from live if you go on.

I think MW2 already has far more pre-orders on the 360 and it will sell the best on that platform as usual.

FYI any pals you see online right now aren't playing the pirated version, they would be banned as soon as they signed on.

Signature by Knuckles126

"GOD STRIKES TAKE-TWO DOWN!" -Jack Thompson on Take Two's falling stock prices

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout'08 View Post
    I love how people think Piracy is putting this huge dent in sales when in reality it's not something most xbox gamers will want to do since you get banned from live if you go on.

I think MW2 already has far more pre-orders on the 360 and it will sell the best on that platform as usual.

FYI any pals you see online right now aren't playing the pirated version, they would be banned as soon as they signed on.
    The guys house I played it on has been online with several games since I left his house yesterday. He might get banned, but he hasn't thus far.

Veteran
    The guys house I played it on has been online with several games since I left his house yesterday. He might get banned, but he hasn't thus far.
    A newer mod chip maybe? MS will generally detect the chip as soon as you sign on and ban your system altogether.

Signature by Knuckles126

"GOD STRIKES TAKE-TWO DOWN!" -Jack Thompson on Take Two's falling stock prices

Thread Information