View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

How would you rate PS2?

Now that PS2's time is drawing to a close with PS3's launch on the horizon, how would you rate PS2? I would rate it 9/10. It gave me great games, and that is pretty much all that I can ask for from a console.

Ahead of the Game

Didn't live up to the PS1 and hasn't given me the same amazing gaming experience IMO (those were the days...). Its been good fun all the same. I'm hoping the PS3 will take it back to the glory days.

Superior Member

8, just since the first year of the PS2 was pretty weak. But lately the games for the PS2 are literally getting insane. If it was based on the last few years definetely a 10. SoTC, GoW, Dragon Quest, FFXII, Grandia III, GUitar Hero, Tales and so on.

I wished the ps2 had more party/group games.

Forum Elder
    10 all the way. I've been more than amazed at the games that it's put out over the years.

Veteran
    I gave it a 10 it really is the best console i have ever owned. I had some amazing games on it.

Elite Member

I also gave it a 10 since it was the first console to serioulsy get me into gaming. Ive spent so much time and had so much fun on it that it will always be remembered
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Forum Elder
    I've always been into gaming since the original NES came out and the Ps2 was the first console that I was really amazed at.

brett13sa
    I'll give it a 9. Great system really fun to play. I hate to say this, but at the time, I absolutely loved playing the Nintendo 64. That was the system that got me into gaming.

Tribunal
    I give it a 9 based on possibly the best game selection ever. It suits me just fine. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is purely just because it wasn't as powerful as the Xbox.

Forum Sage
    I rated the PS2 a nine out of ten. The games are varied and offer a lot to all genders and age groups. The perfect ten would be awarded to the original Playstation. In my opinion that was the far superior system with its amazingly original games and while the graphics don't look that good any more, at the time they were groundbreaking.

The PSOne also had lots of adventure, platforming, fighting and puzzle games - genres which I favour the most. The PS2 lacks in decent puzzle games.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Forum Elder
    i gave it a 9, because the sold so so so so much of them. EVERYONE has a PS2, or at least everyone i know

"All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that."
    [Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz, XFX HD 4890, 4GB ram]

Elite Guru
    Now that PS2's time is drawing to a close with PS3's launch on the horizon
    Even though the PS2 is being successed, it is not going to just die. Big blockbuster titles such as Final Fantasy XII, God of War II etc. haven't even been released yet.

The PS2 is far from dead, unlike the Xbox, it will continue to thrive for at least another 5 years. Whereas PS3 will be the machine for gamers and media lovers alike, the PS2 will still be the standard home entertainment console.
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Apprentice
    I gave it a 9 because it wasn't developer friendly like other system, its in the later years I was actually feeling the Playstation I've known over the years.eg. GOW, MGS3, Ico, Sotc, etc.
    What is the true meaning of Hardcore gaming, be your own critic playing a game is like reading a book. You try to be the author when reading you just have to be the developer when playing.
    Hardcore = no preference (no fanboyism)

Phading Reality
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 rocks
    I gave it a 10 it really is the best console i have ever owned. I had some amazing games on it.
    Pretty much the same for me, although i argue the fact that there have been too many sequels for the PS2!.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear Shenyu
    Now that PS2's time is drawing to a close with PS3's launch on the horizon
    Even though the PS2 is being successed, it is not going to just die. Big blockbuster titles such as Final Fantasy XII, God of War II etc. haven't even been released yet.

The PS2 is far from dead, unlike the Xbox, it will continue to thrive for at least another 5 years. Whereas PS3 will be the machine for gamers and media lovers alike, the PS2 will still be the standard home entertainment console.
    Yes, games will be released for it, but you can't say it won't be settling down. Was PS1 alive after PS2 was launched? Yes, for another half decade almost. But was it the focus of development? No. After all three next generation consoles are released, PS2 will slowly be forgotten by developers. No truly major, ground-breaking games were released deep into the life of PS1(By deep, I mean it's last three or so years.) I believe the same will happen to PS2. Sure, there will be blockbuster titles released, but I believe these titles will become the "swan song" of PS2. Unless PS3 doesn't attract many customers at launch time and PS2 sales remain just as strong as they are now, PS2 will take the same route as PS1, and this really can't be denied.

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    I played my PS2 longer than my N64, so I guess I would give it a good rating. I liked GTA, Timesplitters, Second Sight, ATV Offroad Fury 2. the James Bond games besides goldeneye rouge agent, etc.
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

Despite the fact that I am on my 3rd PS2 (The other two died from disc read errors), I still think PS2 is great - good games and great graphics.
    Alan Partridge rocks - movie coming in 2007!

Forum Elder
    Isn't the PS2 the longest lasting console ever? If it is then that should tell you a lot.

^^Wow, I would've given up after the second one. Or atleast wait until the PS3 arrives since it will have backwards compatability.

Master Sage
    9 because of the ps3 you can see where it can improve bt before s3 its was great and even though not the strongest console it still produced more than anyone thought it could, and with sony's high end support for games it couldnt be more fun.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

^^Wow, I would've given up after the second one. Or atleast wait until the PS3 arrives since it will have backwards compatability.
    Sony replaced both of them for free
    Alan Partridge rocks - movie coming in 2007!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti
    Isn't the PS2 the longest lasting console ever? If it is then that should tell you a lot.
    Nope, not by a long shot. PS1 was still being manufactured by Sony until fairly recently. Also, Nintendo manufactured Famicoms in Japan from 1983 until 2003, and I'm not even sure if that is the record.

Master Sage
    Nope, not by a long shot. PS1 was still being manufactured by Sony until fairly recently. Also, Nintendo manufactured Famicoms in Japan from 1983 until 2003, and I'm not even sure if that is the record.
    Still though sony stated they will support ps2 for another 10 years after ps3 is launched, or something like that because they exspect a bigger boom in sales for ps2 when ps3 is launched.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Forum Elder
    Japan still makes the original NES? I bet you could buy one for ten bucks now.

I would give it an 8. Many great selection and variety of games.
    Your sig is oversized, please read the rules to find the correct dimensions -adamba4e

brett13sa
    Hmm..

I wonder who the one person was that gave the PS2 a 1 out of 10.

Thread Information