Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Items Atari

How do you beat the ZZ Top boss in Resident Evil 4?

In Resident Evil 4, when you get to the boss who looks like a cross between ZZ Top and a scorpion, how do you win? He always pierces me with his pincers, and I die. I also shoot him, but nothing happpens.
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

Apprentice

Chief Mendez? I don't own the PS2 version, but in the GameCube version [spoiler:da41f68e63]you have to just keep shooting him and avoiding him.[/spoiler:da41f68e63]

You probably haven't reached this part yet, but if you want to know how to completely kill him, read on.

[spoiler:da41f68e63]After he has been damaged enough, he will break in two, his legs separating from his body. He will than start swinging from the girders in the building. He will swing at you and try to stab you. Again, avoid him and keep shooting.[/spoiler:da41f68e63]

And rememeber, if you see blood when you shoot, it's working.

Forum Elder
    keep shooting at his spine..also, you can climb up a ladder, its easier in the top of it

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    cool, thanks for the tips, I'll have to go back and blow him away. Hasta Lawego!
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ebony & ivory
    keep shooting at his spine..also, you can climb up a ladder, its easier in the top of it
    Not for me, I find it easier to be on the ground, especially during the second battle. Maybe I'm just weird?

Forum Elder
    Be sure to find all the ammo and the plants on the top floor. Also make sure to press the reaction commands on time. Oh and use the red barrells for nice damage.

Veteran
    Are you guys sure it's cheif mendez he means? "It" has pincers. One question does he have 2 human legs at the start if he does don't worry about this post.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by \//\Gemeni/\\/
    Quote Originally Posted by ebony & ivory
    Not for me, I find it easier to be on the ground, especially during the second battle. Maybe I'm just weird?
    i am referring to the barn fight.. you can shoot him from 2 places without him hit you.. you climb the ladder, then you can go either left or right.. if you go left, keep shooting him from there.. when he approaches you just go to the other side and keep shooting from there.. then switch to the left side and so on.. this way you will have no injuries at all..

when his body collapses (when his legs fall apart ) is harder to kill him .. because the target is smaller and faster, you need accuracy instead of just running away from him... but if you haven't lost health in the previous fight you will have no problem killing him for good

Elite Sage
    there's a little glitch on that boss, i only found it once by accident there's a certain space at the top flight where you could stand still and the guy can't even touch you, and you can kill him with a pistol that way.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroyd
    there's a little glitch on that boss, i only found it once by accident there's a certain space at the top flight where you could stand still and the guy can't even touch you, and you can kill him with a pistol that way.
    I've only played through the game once on the ps2 and yes I found that spot as well he will come at u but just keep on shooting and u will be good.

Apprentice
    I just stood there as soon the fight started and just kept shooting him with my handgun in the head and he died- easiest guy in the game

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    where is the spot. then?

Forum Elder
    I played the game over with the Rocket Laucher and two shots and he was dead. So incredibly easy.

Dedicated Member
    How many boss battles are in the game? Ive been playing this for about 4-5hours and im very impressed with the game
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

Veteran
    Hmm let me count. It's a little hard because there are semi boss battles with the garradors and such. Theres about 9 main boss fights, having said that there are instances where well organised ganados can take you down just as easy.

I quickly thought up those fights so if you would like to add to that would be great.

[spoiler:236d03a645] I counted the first El gigante, the second, Cheif Medez, Salzars right hand, the 2 El gigante fight, Salzar himself, "IT", Krauser and saddler. Oh and the big fish thing thats 10. [/spoiler:236d03a645]

Dedicated Member
    Got to the "ZZ top" guy last night, found the first part easy, ie blowing off his spine. However when he became smaller and was crawling around the ceiling I got killed. Whats the best strategy to kill him in this form?
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

Forum Elder
    use your sniper to shoot him when he is far away.. when he gets near you just run or he will hit you

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    I just beat him. I figured out where the safe spot is, and i shot away.

Elite Guru
    I just shoot him with my sniper. Try to avoid his attack.

Forum Elder
    How did you guys find time to pull out your snipe and look for him on the scope? Seems like it would take too much time to me. By the time you found him, he would be in your face.

Dedicated Member
    When he is swinging from the ceiling beams, the easiest way to kill him(in my opinion) is to stand at the end of the barn where the ladder to get to the second level is and just wait for him to get near you and blast him with the shotgun. Took around 4-5 shots to kill him and I only got hit once. The shotgun is your best freind in this game!

Veteran
    Well in pro i used normal weapons to get him to his second from then i quickly pulled my rocket launcher out before he could jump to higher beams and blew him away.

Forum Elder
    i think you should save your rocket launcher ammo for the latter bosses of this game.. i always use the rocket launcher in salazar right arm and in the last boss

Forum Elder
    Speaking of RE4, I need help with the cabin. I'm on proud mode and it seems almost impossible to beat. I think I've died 10 times. Any advice would be great.

Elite Guru
    What is proud mode? I never heard of it.

Thread Information