Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

VENT - dropping out of match early

so this is a vent cuz I'm torqued off about this. Playing ground war on derail, I don't have the load out I want (snipe) but pull out the trusty scar and go hunting, took awhile, but I get rolling on kills, get behind the enemy who is on the roof of the gas station, knife and shoot all of them so got like 5 kills right there, get my missile, mess up that, oh well, kill some more coming up, take one of the 50 cal snipers and scope out some spots, see a sniper on the other side of the map, shoot him in the butt, get my chopper gun, which I rarely get, call it in and open up on them getting lots of kills, and I think if PEOPLE WOULD NOT HAVE LEFT BECAUSE THEY WHERE LOSING. I mean the host left so it went to the find a new host, and then dropped.

Just cuz your not the greatest players don't ruin the game for others. I have never left a game, even if I'm on the losing team. get your kills and be happy, if the other team is dropping choppers and jets, take cover and shoot um down. Its not that hard.

Do you think that a harsher penality for dropping should come out?

I think that if your losing and leave you should lose XP. not just the match bonus, but any kills you get in that match. I know sometimes you have to get off the game cuz of other reasons, but to leave because your losing, it plain wussy.

END RANT

160gigs of Sexy!

If I am getting slaughtered, I leave.

Don't like it?

To damn bad.

If it annoys the guy on the other team who is owning,

Bonus

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRedd View Post

Don't like it?

To damn bad.

Bonus
    SO if you were owning someone, as it may not happen all the time, you would be totally fine with the other team leaving? really.... I'm annoyed the one time I was really kickn A and taking names.

160gigs of Sexy!

Superior Member
    Even if I'm getting owned I always stay in a match to the end. The only time I will leave a match is if I really have to stop playing and do something in real life.

Superior Member
    I've only left a match about twice and both times were due to lag being crazy where you are zipping round the place, migrating hosts didn't fix it.

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    I'll leave if air support gets out of control. I don't give a **** if someone gets pissed. Why would I just sit there and be owned by missiles, air strikes, harriers, helicopters, etc. When I can leave and find another game? I don't always feel like having a stinger on hand. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The only time I back out and quit the match is if its extremely laggy and impossible to play other than that I don't.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    I'll leave if air support gets out of control. I don't give a **** if someone gets pissed. Why would I just sit there and be owned by missiles, air strikes, harriers, helicopters, etc. When I can leave and find another game? I don't always feel like having a stinger on hand. Oh well.
    Yeah, i played a game today where after about 1 minute in to the match the other team had air support the ENTIRE match. Majority of the air support was AC130s Hariers and Chopper Gunners too. Basically your options were to go outside and die over and over or stay inside and take cover the entire match. Neither is very fun so i can see people leaving. I understand where the OP is coming from for sure though, ive had a couple matches where i just got my chopper gunner then we had to find a new host which unsuprisingly failed since host migration only works 1/10 times in this game making it a nearly useless feature.

What's up guys (newb here). I have never, ever quit a match that is ranked. That goes back to my Halo 2 days..which is what eventually got me into Call of Duty. These are the only games I play and the only reason have these systems.

Dedicated Member

if im getting owned, ill leave to get my own back on ya
    Psid: trikidy
    Always up for helping trophy boost, feel free to add me.
    Sleep is for the week :2gun: :sleep:

Elite Member
    Items AppleMetallicaCoD: World at War
    i usually only leave if im lagging or if my team sucks. because when my team sucks, they just get killed and give the other team killstreak rewards.
    other than that, i dont leave games. and its sucks because when people leave, people never join and take their spot.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    Cold-Blooded? Problem solved.

That Band Is Awful
    PSN ID
    pasta_fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules909 View Post
    I've only left a match about twice and both times were due to lag being crazy where you are zipping round the place, migrating hosts didn't fix it.
    That is when I leave as well. I usually leave matches that I get put into the middle of as well. Don't like getting off to a start where I am already very much overpowered.

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules909 View Post
    Cold-Blooded? Problem solved.
    The only class I have with Cold Blooded is my search and destroy class. So no Missile, No stopping power, and a silencer to cause even less damage. Wouldn't really do me any good. Plus, I'm pretty sure the only ones Cold Blooded work for are the ones that are player controlled. So its useless against the Harrier, Pave Low, Attack Helicopter, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

PHAT boy gone slim
    I hate it when your getting beat, die and bring up the score boards only to find that there is only you and your party members on your team!

I've had afew games where it has been 5/6 vs 2! Now that is annoying.
    http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

I rarely leave... unless I half to go.. and/or im busy.

I hate it when ppl leave.. so I try not to do that to the others.

Dedicated Member
    Meh doesn't matter to me. If my team are getting pwned and they leave let them. Same to other team. :S BUT IF YOU LEAVE BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS LEAVIN MY AGAINST SIX PPL THEN T.T lol still won aswell at first getting even kd then i got my aug out

Apprentice
    I leave under 3 circumstances:

1. Putting me in match that has already started. Whether on I'm on the winning or losing team it doesn't matter, I hate joining games after they've started.

2. Uneven teams. I've lost count how many times I've been on a two player team vs a six player team and usually the other guy is camping so it's just me getting slaughtered. No more of that, I'm done.

3. Laggy matches. Nothing is more frustrating to me than emptying a clip into someone and nothing happens.

I don't think these are unreasonable excuses to leave matches.

OMG I cant count how many games me and my buddies left last night, all six of us.

I dont know what was with us last night but we were getting the crap kicked out of us so we kept jumping out of matches.

What happens when the entire other team leaves in a matter of a second or two? I have never been on the other side of it so I was wondering if it split the remaining team or just killed the match.

Either way, people glitch and cheat, If I am losing or doing poorly... I leave. If you dont like it and its infuriates you to the point of venting on a blog maybe its time you put down the remote and went outside and realized there is more to life then some stupid video game which is basically a copy of COD4.

TWISTED METAL
    i leave when
    i need 2 do something in real life
    when its very laggy
    when everyone & i mean everyone on ur team and the opposite team is camping

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

Elite Guru
    Welcome to a game driven by stats. Chances are they're doing it to protect some kind of stat - probably kill/death ratio.

Afraid it's the nature of the beast - annoying but nothing else that can be done.

Superior Member
    I only leave when i have to do something in real life, or when a friend in my party somehow doesnt get into the game and re-invites me to a party. Even if i've got a crap KDR or losing badly, i still play for the fun, don't care about stats that much haha

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Elite Member
    I only leave on 2 things, lag and massive camping, massive camping is rare, but when it happens the game becomes a ghost town, eff that.

Dedicated Member
    They need to fix the team balancing first and foremost. Then they should add punishments to leaving early, like loosing all your kill points, exp and unlocks in that game. Leaving 10 matches in a week should cost you a level, and a mandatory title showing you are a sore loser.
    PSN ID: Pasawarrior
    Games: GoW Collections---Warhawk---COD:MW2---MGS4---PJ Eden---PJ Mosnters---Locoroco Cocoreccho---Mortal Combat 2---UT3---Killzone 2---Uncharted 2

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRedd View Post

Don't like it?

To damn bad.

Bonus
    That right there is the kind of person wich goes right on my block list.
    People have there good days and bad days but to quit because your having a bad day just shows your a sore looser and should move onto another game maybe Dance Dance Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by XD View Post
    They need to fix the team balancing first and foremost. Then they should add punishments to leaving early, like loosing all your kill points, exp and unlocks in that game. Leaving 10 matches in a week should cost you a level, and a mandatory title showing you are a sore loser.
    I like it........alot.

I posted up my opinion on quitters in the IW forum, it was more or less the same as the post I quoted.

Some people leave due to very bad laggy situations wich is fair enough and also being put into a game thats almost over.
    I would love some kind of rep system that Live has as least then you could avoid quitters.

Thread Information