Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Was referring to the post you quoted, not yours

And here come the "American Football players are just Rugby players who wear armour because they're wimps" debate.

As much as I love the NFL it doesn't have much of a following outside your own country unlike soccer. So it's hardly weak.
    yer the Saints game the other night was the biggest reason why NFL doesnt get much play outside of the US as it got to a point were every play was followed by a 5 min commercial break hell at USA 94 they wanted to change the format so soccer games had 4 quarters instead of 2 halfs just so they could have more commercial breaks

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    yer the Saints game the other night was the biggest reason why NFL doesnt get much play outside of the US as it got to a point were every play was followed by a 5 min commercial break hell at USA 94 they wanted to change the format so soccer games had 4 quarters instead of 2 halfs just so they could have more commercial breaks
    Yeah I've watched some internet streams from US TV. The channel was broadcasting adverts with an NFL game inbetween.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    F34R follows soccer?
    I used to play semi-pro about 14 years ago. I'm still fairly good, but wouldn't be able to compete at a very professional level at this point, physically. lol Old muscles are out of shape for that kind of physical playing.

lol i just PM,d F34R before wanting to bet him 20,000sp on who would finish top of the group hopefully he accepts
    Of course I'll accept. I fully believe that England will take that group, and possibly the cup (hopefully), but I'll bet against them since I know you'll be taking England in the bet. 20K is fine for me.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GOREDDEVILS View Post
    American football players are big strong guy200- 300 pound+ guys who bench near 1000 pounds or over who would eat rugby players alive
    plzzzzz sure the only the only reason why your guys are so fat is cause they
    stop for commercial breaks every 2 minutes as were rugby players are both offensive and defensive players running and scrumming for 40mins straight per half and as for NFL players eating Rugby players alive plzz the only reason
    why your tackles look more damaging is cause of the armour the NFL guys wear

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I used to play semi-pro about 14 years ago. I'm still fairly good, but wouldn't be able to compete at a very professional level at this point, physically. lol Old muscles are out of shape for that kind of physical playing.

Of course I'll accept. I fully believe that England will take that group, and possibly the cup (hopefully), but I'll bet against them since I know you'll be taking England in the bet. 20K is fine for me.
    ah well F34R il change the Bet to make it more of a Fair bet if your not feeling to confident about USA i mean we could just both pick a team each and the team who gets the furthest wins what do you reckon ?

Apprentice

plzzzzz sure the only the only reason why your guys are so fat is cause they
    stop for commercial breaks every 2 minutes as were rugby players are both offensive and defensive players running and scrumming for 40mins straight per half and as for NFL players eating Rugby players alive plzz the only reason
    why your tackles look more damaging is cause of the armour the NFL guys wear
    come on over here with that euro rugby stuff and strap on the pads etc and we'll see how the euro style compares to americans style football. Your euro guys would likely have broken bones and concussions before the game was over.
    60 GB PS3,32" Olevia HDTV, madden 07, Call of Duty 3,Resistance:fall of man,Fight Night Round 3,Elder Scrolls:Oblivion,WarHawk,Call of duty 4

Power Member
    $10 on the kiwis to advance

Power Member
    come on over here with that euro rugby stuff and strap on the pads etc and we'll see how the euro style compares to americans style football. Your euro guys would likely have broken bones and concussions before the game was over.
    How about this, you come play a REAL Rugby team in the All Blacks? Your boys wont know what f***king hit them.

Bunch of little ***** b%tches with their bloody pads.

Elite Sage
    comon over here with that euro rugby stuff and strap on the pads etc and we'll see how the euro style compares to americans style football. Your euro guys would likely have broken bones and concussions before the game was over.
    haha lol dude i like the NFL i even stay up to like 3/4am my time just to watch a game .

but i could also say the same thing to you about NFL players pooing their pants at realising they aint got no amour to protect the tutu skirts and they will be playing for 40 mis straight per half

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    How about this, you come play a REAL Rugby team in the All Blacks? Your boys wont know what f***king hit them.

Bunch of little ***** b%tches with their bloody pads.
    like i said before you knock the pads come on over here and play some american football yourself we'll see how you do.
    60 GB PS3,32" Olevia HDTV, madden 07, Call of Duty 3,Resistance:fall of man,Fight Night Round 3,Elder Scrolls:Oblivion,WarHawk,Call of duty 4

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    $10 on the kiwis to advance
    KIWI my mate you must be pretty chuffed for youyr national teal making the Finals mate even they aint a so called strong side it shows that football is on the up mate

Forum Sage

I doubt it, two different games, just ones better than the other.
    All american football is...

Power Member
    like i said before you knock the pads come on over here and play some american football yourself we'll see how you do.
    Before you go thinking your boys are superior, come play a game WITHOUT the pads.

No need to see how you do, I will read your obituary.

Forum Sage
    This is enough reason why not many people are interested in the NFL outside of the US. Arrogant attitudes, and yes we suffer the same for taking the mick out of the armoured pretty boys (cough* Brady *cough) but contrary to what you belive, the sport isn't actually that physical.
    Don't get me wrong, I've seen some BIG hits, and there's no doubting the Ol and DL have some very big guys in there but they're bred for different things.
    NFL has many many breaks with all the team switching, in which the players have time for a soda, a chat with their grandma and a chance to get some hours on Madden 10 on the PSP in.
    In Rugby they are running/rucking solid for 40 minutes solid, I mean come on, look at the last superbowl and the guy who did the 90+ yd return, he was on the floor with an oxygen tank after that, so don't tell me they wouldn't cope.
    I will admit though, from someone who probably watched NFL from a young age, when you see a soccer player rolling around on the floor like they've been shot it must be amusing. Soccer can be a beautiful game but it's also very frustrating with the overpaid primadonnas complaining everytime someone messes up their hair.

Apprentice

your guys wouldnt stand a chance against ours without pads i'll tell you one thing when one of those helmets hits you it don't matter how many pads you have on they can hurt. They are solid hard layered plastic.

Power Member
    KIWI my mate you must be pretty chuffed for youyr national teal making the Finals mate even they aint a so called strong side it shows that football is on the up mate
    Actually no, I hate our national team

I will be, as always, sitting in my England shirt

Forum Sage
    Rugby players don't wear helmets. So if your players wore helmets and ours didn't, thats slightly unfair.

Forum Sage
    Difference is unlike the soccer game, USA will never play anyone outside their own country because the NFL doesn't have a big appeal. So you'll never get the chance to prove anything.

Edit: Lets get this thread back on the rails

Germany have the group of death no doubt. I cannot see any suprises in the tournament except maybe from one of the African nations, who might have a damn good run but will not make the final.

Apprentice

soccer is just above hockey here as far aspopilarity goes you got football, basketball ,and baseball

In canada Hockey is the sport and they also think down on soccer they play a little more of the american style football with a few different rules.

Forum Sage
    I embrace a lot of American culture and all but Baseball and Basketball are terrible to watch. Not as bad as NASCAR though, christ.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Can we please stop referring to football as soccer! Omg it's football ok!!

Foot........ball....it's in the god damn name!

Master Poster
    an amazing draw for england tbh!
    TV | iPhone | iMac | iPod Touch
    Currently Playing : MW2

Master Guru
    Creamfields, 10 feet away from the Swedish House Mafia.
    Lets stuff one up the Yanks.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché-Skating View Post
    Lets stuff one up the Yanks.
    Would be nice but considering they don't really follow the sport I don't think many will care.

Elite Guru

God, there is always one ****** to derail the thread and start a football vs NFL discussion.
    Calculating Infinity

Thread Information