Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Spoiler contingency protocol.

Please, everyone, be vigilant! Hold back! Make extra extra double super sure that those spoiler boxes are in place and that thorough and clear warning is given in any thread title that is likely to contain them.

It only takes one guy to write "HOPE IS ACTUALLY A ROBOT" (or, similarly, some big story-spoiling twist) without thinking about it and you've got a lot of upset non-Japanese speaking FF fans.

Enjoy your early release. But please don't spoil things for the rest of us!

Aizen-Sama's spoiler avoidance tips:

The best methods to avoid spoilers:

-Stay away from the import thread and all import talk about the game
    -Don't Google the games name since it will provide you with all the latest info
    -Don't Youtube the games name since the first videos will be the biggest scenes and boss fights
    -Stay away from FF fansites
    -Stay away from FFXIII articles on other websites. Even if it's talking about the English release theres a good chance someone will post spoilers in the comments
    -Stay away from large forums or places which don't have strict mods. Examples: N4G & Gametrailers
    -Don't look for images or videos at all
    -Avoid looking at the general comments for anything FF related
    -Stay away from Japanese oriented websites such as anime forums and stuff

Feel free to phrase things differently Byou. Oh and add anything else that would be obvious.

--
    Playstation 3 160GB HP L2475w 1200p
    GTAIV - MGS4 - Bad Company - Uncharted 2
    Currently Playing: Uncharted 2

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by pete.dakota View Post
    Please, everyone, be vigilant! Hold back! Make extra extra double super sure that those spoiler boxes are in place and that thorough and clear warning is given in any thread title that is likely to contain them.
    no.
    -For JPN game info, videos, and live feeds, visit: http://jpn-games.blogspot.com/
    -Currently Broadcasting Atelier Rorona: http://www.justin.tv/rykomatsu
    Games developed by Square-Enix: Not worth the media they're stamped on

Elite Sage
    Any deliberate posting of spoilers and I will ban you.
    There will be a Japanese import thread which will discuss the game, the discussion in there will put spoilers behind spoiler tags - though you may wish to continue discussing the game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis thread if you are on a complete media blackout.
    Thanks, and have fun!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Byoushinn View Post
    dammit...

i'll need to think of some convincing fake spoilers then....
    -For JPN game info, videos, and live feeds, visit: http://jpn-games.blogspot.com/
    -Currently Broadcasting Atelier Rorona: http://www.justin.tv/rykomatsu
    Games developed by Square-Enix: Not worth the media they're stamped on

Elite Sage
    :P

Elite Sage

Why not just....... avoid FFXIII threads?

;)

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rykomatsu View Post
    dammit...

i'll need to think of some convincing fake spoilers then....
    Even if you post fake spoilers I will bite your head off

Quote Originally Posted by nskinnear View Post
    Why not just....... avoid FFXIII threads?

Because most of us want to discuss the English release..
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Guru
    Later on I will post a list on good ways to avoid spoilers (not just spoilers on here). If you want you can add it to the OP and then sticky this?

I mean it's ridiculously easy to be spoiled, even something as simple as typing the name on to youtube after the Japanese release will probably provide you with the last boss and every other huge scene. :/

Super Elite
    I bet you even if your just trying to find out some news on the english release on the game, as soon as you type FFXIII in google you will see some spoilers on the search page. This will be hard lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    I love the topic title. 'Tis serious business. :P Well actually it is. This is the one game I really really don't want spoiled. I usually can't resist but I will this time damn it!

Darji
    There will be a Japanese import thread which will discuss the game, the discussion in there will put spoilers behind spoiler tags - though you may wish to continue discussing the game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis thread if you are on a complete media blackout.
    Thanks, and have fun!
    one question about this spoiler thing?

What do you mean by spoilers? Everything about the game or real storyspoilers like someone died or something "important" happend?

I know a stupid german forum where you cant even put the previews scans and pics in there without spoilers. I tried to talk to them and even wanted to make a special spoiler/import thread but in the end they banned me for like 60 days because i posted famitsu pics without spoilers and ried to get a spoiler/importthread even wih good reasons for it. I hope its not the same here.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Darji View Post
    one question about this spoiler thing?

What do you mean by spoilers? Everything about the game or real storyspoilers like someone died or something "important" happend?

I know a stupid german forum where you cant even put the previews scans and pics in there without spoilers. I tried to talk to them and even wanted to make a special spoiler/import thread but in the end they banned me for like 60 days because i posted famitsu pics without spoilers and ried to get a spoiler/importthread even wih good reasons for it. I hope its not the same here.
    Story spoilers. Anything relating to the plot and characters.
    Also spoilers would include bosses and secret weapons/areas in the game etc

Outside of that you can discuss anything you like.

Darji
    Story spoilers. Anything relating to the plot and characters.
    Also spoilers would include bosses and secret weapons/areas in the game etc

Outside of that you can discuss anything you like.
    ok thats fair and thats what i call spoiler. In the other forum i couldnt even talk about the gameplay without spoielers.....

edit: What about pics from the game? For example areas we already know about?

Elite Sage
    Yep those are fine
    In the import thread you can discuss anything you like (even story related) as long as you make it clear it's a spoiler, and tag it

The main thing we need to avoid is someone who hasn't even imported the game (and so is not playing it) spamming a load of spoilers in the section

Darji
    Yep those are fine
    In the import thread you can discuss anything you like (even story related) as long as you make it clear it's a spoiler, and tag it

The main thing we need to avoid is someone who hasn't even imported the game (and so is not playing it) spamming a load of spoilers in the section
    yeah i totally agree with that and think its a nice solution. If you must put everything in a spoiler it would destroy a discusion about the game or the gameplay itself. Story releated things are of course spoiler worthy^^

Will there be anyone getting the FFXIII World Preview book that's just been released? My local Kinokuniya store has some stocks and I believe it's worth getting it.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellingr View Post
    I love the topic title. 'Tis serious business. :P Well actually it is. This is the one game I really really don't want spoiled. I usually can't resist but I will this time damn it!
    Yeah. I totally understand that import players should be able to discuss the game - but I, and I'm sure others, shouldn't have to feel afraid of talking or even looking in the FF section for fear of reading a spoiler.

Like has been said: it only takes one.

--
    Playstation 3 160GB HP L2475w 1200p
    GTAIV - MGS4 - Bad Company - Uncharted 2
    Currently Playing: Uncharted 2

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Yeah I think our main concern will be from idiots who are out of spoil it for everyone else.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member
    You should worry about those not part of the forum, you get people from other forums coming to diff forums just to ruin it for people. If your excited about a game, best thing to do is no longer look in the section till you have played it, and just discuss it with friends and the like. Someone will always spoil something even if it doesnt seem like a spoiler.

I hate spoilers, pple like that need to be strung up

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    i'm going to avoid all threads about FFXII until i have the UK version, i don't even go in the current FF threads just in case
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!

Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Super Elite
    Yep those are fine

Surely the import thread need only say it will contain spoilers throughout, as opposed to every single post in it being wrapped in spoiler tags?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Surely the import thread need only say it will contain spoilers throughout, as opposed to every single post in it being wrapped in spoiler tags?
    Nah because people will be importing it at different times
    I'd rather not go into the thread and read a lot of spoilers when i've only just booted up the game

Quote Originally Posted by masashi View Post
    Will there be anyone getting the FFXIII World Preview book that's just been released? My local Kinokuniya store has some stocks and I believe it's worth getting it.
    Ship me a copy over

Nah because people will be importing it at different times
    I'd rather not go into the thread and read a lot of spoilers when i've only just booted up the game

Ship me a copy over
    haha! I'm sure your local bookstore would definitely import in this book, but if you are really interested do let me know. Hopefully there's still some in stock by the time I get there tomorrow.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyesapaart View Post
    You should worry about those not part of the forum, you get people from other forums coming to diff forums just to ruin it for people. If your excited about a game, best thing to do is no longer look in the section till you have played it, and just discuss it with friends and the like. Someone will always spoil something even if it doesnt seem like a spoiler.

I hate spoilers, pple like that need to be strung up
    Sadly your right, there are people who join forums just to spoil the game for others who have waited all these years for it.

Apparently a few people in Japan outside of reviewers have gotten there ands on the game. That means soon 2chan will be a spoiler fest and eventually it will spread to English websites also.

I will post a list on the best ways to avoid spoilers shortly, if you don't mind could someone stick it in the OP?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen-Sama View Post
    Sadly your right, there are people who join forums just to spoil the game for others who have waited all these years for it.

Apparently a few people in Japan outside of reviewers have gotten there ands on the game. That means soon 2chan will be a spoiler fest and eventually it will spread to English websites also.

I will post a list on the best ways to avoid spoilers shortly, if you don't mind could someone stick it in the OP?
    Yep sure i can do that for you.
    I will sticky the thread then also.

Quote Originally Posted by masashi View Post
    haha! I'm sure your local bookstore would definitely import in this book, but if you are really interested do let me know. Hopefully there's still some in stock by the time I get there tomorrow.
    Really? Yeah i'm interested, do you use Paypal?

Thread Information