Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I don't want to get into any kind of pissin contest here.
    Just wanted to say, UC2 sold very well actually.

Complaining about why UC2 didn't sell nearly as well as a multiplat game like COD:MW2? Your answer is right there infront of your face.

Who would you expect to sell more? UC2 with a potential user base of what, 28K? or MW2 that has that same exact potential userbase plus another 30+k on top of that? It is a multiplat rememeber.

Also, for some reason or another, people are in love with FPS this gen. I don't get it myself. I hate FPS.
    Install base has nothing to do here. I'm talking about the PS3 owners buying less copies of U2 than MW2. X360 userbase isn't involved at all.
    PLAYING: DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO, TEAM ICO HD COLLECTION, BF3 BETA.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Apprentice
    I never really understood the multi-plat vs. exclusive games. I buy games based on how much I think I will enjoy it regardless of if it's being released on another system as well. Of my approx 50 retail games there are a bunch of exclusives, but I didn't buy them becasue of that fact. Just because a game is exclusive I will not buy it and I do not avoid games that are multi-plat. If I ignored multi-plat games I would be missing out on some of the best games of this gen and if I instead just bought every exclusive I would have a bunch of games that I wouldn't play or enjoy.

Does it really matter if MW2 outsells U2? If you enjoy a game buy it and play it. End of story.

Superior Member
    Uncharted 2 came out in October and MW2 came out in November so that is why Uncharted 2 is not on the top ten games for November, but is on the top in October.
    I personal buy what ever games look like the most fun to me because in the end it doesn't matter how the graphics are, but rather how much fun I had playing the game. So I buy games regardless of who publishes weather its Sony or Activision.

TAYLORDARTS
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I don't want to get into any kind of pissin contest here.
    Just wanted to say, UC2 sold very well actually.

Complaining about why UC2 didn't sell nearly as well as a multiplat game like COD:MW2? Your answer is right there infront of your face.

Who would you expect to sell more? UC2 with a potential user base of what, 28K? or MW2 that has that same exact potential userbase plus another 30+k on top of that? It is a multiplat rememeber.

Also, for some reason or another, people are in love with FPS this gen. I don't get it myself. I hate FPS.
    Most ps3 exclusives sell very well. There seems to have been a viral marketing campaign going on to plant this nonsense into the mind of gamers and games press, it crops up to often in to many different places. To attempt to sully Sonys fantastic 1st party. All in my opinion of course. LBP has sold 3million, Killzone 2million+, Motorstorm 3million+, Ratchet 1 on PS3 2million+, GT5p 4million+, Infamous 1million+, Uncharted 2 already at around 2million etc etc etc.
    All those games sold better than 90% of multi-plats on the PS3.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    It's pretty simple. Cross-platform games are absolutely smokin this gen. Many times they are better than exclusives. Multiplatform games are MUCH better than they ever were in the past.

Oblivion
    Fallout3
    Bioshock
    Ninja Gaiden

Upcoming...

Final Fantasy XIII
    Thief4
    Deus Ex3
    Alien vs Predator
    Darksiders

I laughed pretty hard when I played MGS4 (and I used to love the series) because it felt so dated. Resident Evil 5 looked and played better. Resident Evil...the series that used to have some of the worst gameplay on the planet! (I'm still not a fan of Resi Evil)

Exclusives I am interested...

Last Gaurdian
    God of War 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Haha. You know someone who thinks that Oblivion or Fallout 3 are some of the best games this generation isn't really someone who's opinions I can respect.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiztid View Post
    Haha. You know someone who thinks that Oblivion or Fallout 3 are some of the best games this generation isn't really someone who's opinions I can respect.
    Don't get me started Fallout 3 is the best game of this generation. (IMHO of course)

Superior Member
    The best game ever made was not or will not be U2... for me at least. It will be teh MGS series and thats a fact! I own em all and I beat them all multitudes of times, but..... anyways...

There is no problem with PS3 exclusives, it's just that the market is saturated with PS3, 360, and Wii users that you don't get the UNANIMOUS best game of ever result from all the reviewers.
    PSN: TMJOHNS18

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeriver View Post
    I know this may sound repetitive, but I can't get how people are missing great exclusive titles and buying inferior multiplatform ones instead.
    I guess there's something wrong with people buying the games they choose to buy. We all have our reasons. Maybe Sony should start advertising their games more and we'll see better results in sales, results that don't affect you directly.
    Almost 2 million PS3 owners bought MW2, a game that plays at 600p. I don't get it.
    What's not to get about people buying games for the gameplay as their top priority? For example, I bought Grand Theft Auto IV and enjoyed it. I know that, unlike most current-gen titles, it doesn't display at the standard 720p resolution. But that doesn't affect my opinion on the overall experience.
    Don't give me the "Sony should advertise their games better" argument, coz U2 received a lot of advertisement.
    No, I will because Uncharted 2 did not receive any more advertising than InFamous.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    The worst bands, movies, tv shows, etc have fans so why shouldnt video games?
    In short - Some people like crap.

Forum Guru
    I know this may sound repetitive, but I can't get how people are missing great exclusive titles and buying inferior multiplatform ones instead. And before you call me a PS fanboy, my favorite games ever are BF2 and UO for PC. Ok, back on topic, now let's focus on U2. This is the best game ever made, and while you may say that's debateable, there's no doubt it's in the top 3 games ever. Taking a look at november NPD's numbers we won't find U2 in the top 10 sellers. Almost 2 million PS3 owners bought MW2, a game that plays at 600p. I don't get it. Don't give me the "Sony should advertise their games better" argument, coz U2 received a lot of advertisement. I can't believe that any PS3 owner doesn't know what U2 is. So, what's the problem with PS3 exclusives? They look better, they are better games, they have quality written all over them, and yet they don't perform as expected when it comes to sales.
    Of course you don't get it. You fail to see that resolution means nothing to many people. Lair was 1080p but it bombed. Majority of people out there don't really care about the number of pixels a game has. If a 600p game can deliver some of the most exciting & incredible experience than a 720p/1080p game, which one you think will sell the most?

Master Guru
    I only own PS3 exsclusives i dont own any multiplat games on my ps3
    and this wasnt on purpose only realised this like a month ago
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Also you have to take into account other peoples opinions... you have expressed yours that you believe U2 is a better game than sales show, and that is fine. It does not give you the right however, to try and belittle other software titles as being inferior to try and boost U2 in other people's minds. Maybe U2 doesn't have mass appeal because people don't want that style of game? Maybe it wasn't advertised (I never saw one advert for it)...
    +rep

PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm not gonna argue whether MW2 is fun or not. Of course it's fun. But that's not the point. First off, COD4 was a lot better than MW2, specially the SP part, but that's my opinion. I don't see a lot of improvement from COD4 to MW2. Yes, it runs at 60 fps, but still the game looks ok, not great. It received a lot of 10's in the graphics department just coz it was a COD game. U2 really deserved those 10's. And you can't measure the quality of a game for the replay value alone. It's a mix of a lot of things. I for one played more than 80 hours of BF1943 and paid $15 for it, but nowhere it's better than U2.

MW2 does offer great graphics, gameplay, and replay value. It has that mix you are referring to. Uncharted 2 was a great game. Ill admit that. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Then I played multiplayer a few times and put it away. MW2 is just more of a blockbuster game. It had better advertising and its main focus is the replay.This game had amazing sales and you gotta admit those numbers are very impressive. Dont get me wrong I still love uncharted but there is no way it will outsell a great shooter like mw2. This proves that PS3 owners dont purchase software like 360 owners. If uncharted was a 360 title it would easily sell 3 to 4 million copies.

Elite Member
    Games like socom confrontation hurts peoples views I think.. Killzone 2, good, but over hyped..

Just wait until God of War 3 & Gran Turismo 5... Then the ps3 will get more users/adopters

Like the post above this.. 360 owners love to support MS for some reason. PS3 owners are more laid back I think.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by boogey View Post
    Games like socom confrontation hurts peoples views I think.. Killzone 2, good, but over hyped..

Just wait until God of War 3 & Gran Turismo 5... Then the ps3 will get more users/adopters

Like the post above this.. 360 owners love to support MS for some reason. PS3 owners are more laid back I think.

Its not all about loving to support ms. Its just about buying games that you enjoy. 360 has always been marketed as a hd gaming console. Some ps3 owners still use the thing for movies only. They are missing out on some great games. i still cant believe that some ps3 owners havent played the second uncharted game yet. So its not about supporting ms. Its about supporting your console of choice. Gamers like what the 360 offers. it doesnt have a lot of bells and whistles but its a great console that offers some really good games.Sony exclusives are great but its just not been enough up to this point.

Master Guru
    The Ps3 has too many good exclusive games which isn't a bad thing but the sales suffer. The Ps3's library offers the best variety across all gaming genre's. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Take Infamous and Prototype for example. I believe both sold something like 1-1.5mil each on the Ps3, and on the 360 Prototype sold 1-2mil? The sales were split in half on the Ps3 because Ps3 gamers had the option of playing either or. Both games were similar super hero typed games.

I think Ps3 exclusives sales definitely lack but i believe the main reason behind that is the variety. I honestly don't know what game to play after i beat a game, there's just so many options.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The Ps3 has too many good exclusive games which isn't a bad thing but the sales suffer. The Ps3's library offers the best variety across all gaming genre's. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Take Infamous and Prototype for example. I believe both sold something like 1-1.5mil each on the Ps3, and on the 360 Prototype sold 1-2mil? The sales were split in half on the Ps3 because Ps3 gamers had the option of playing either or. Both games were similar super hero typed games.

I think Ps3 exclusives sales definitely lack but i believe the main reason behind that is the variety. I honestly don't know what game to play after i beat a game, there's just so many options.
    If that is a fact then why are they still being outsold by ms. Ps3 exclusives sales lack because people buy games that they want to play. Not because its an exclusive. MW2 out sold most exclusives on ps3. That says alot. Ps3 owners need to show more support to 3rd party games. That is a fact. If they dont the next gen is gonna start with most 3rd party devs showing more support to ms because of higher sales on the 360. You can brag about exclusives but in the end they wont be enough. 3rd party games the ones that are leading this indstry.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I don't see what the issue is... Here's what it all boils down to:

It's gaming! Let people play what they want.. Gaming is about enjoyment, not playing in which people deem to be great. People play games they enjoy. You, for instance, enjoy Uncharted 2, while others enjoy Modern Warfare 2. In other words you're deeming PS3 gamers idiotic for playing the games that they think are enjoyable.

Okay so Uncharted 2 is a great title... That's great and all. People will come along it if they do and if they don't it's none of our business.

It's just gaming... Not a big deal.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    I only own a couple exclusives, I had Resistance 1, didnt care for it too much, tried R2:FoM beta and i just thought it was horrible(yeah i know it was a beta but my dislike of the first one didnt thrive me too much for the second) I have not played Uncharted, and to be honest im not sure why, it looed neat, i loved the ads for it but for some reason just have not picked it up yet, and now with 2 out i should really get my *** in gear, I didnt even give MGS4 a thought as i was not a huge fan of the series. I do plan on gettin VC and Demon souls. As i love me some RPG and Fantasy. But i dont care if its an exclusive or multiplat, I care about a game that i think i will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I am jealous cause your Hippo dances better than me And I am about the same size...

Sublimely Static
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If that is a fact then why are they still being outsold by ms. Ps3 exclusives sales lack because people buy games that they want to play. Not because its an exclusive. MW2 out sold most exclusives on ps3. That says alot. Ps3 owners need to show more support to 3rd party games. That is a fact. If they dont the next gen is gonna start with most 3rd party devs showing more support to ms because of higher sales on the 360. You can brag about exclusives but in the end they wont be enough. 3rd party games the ones that are leading this indstry.

I think you might want to check your facts. If you can even get confirmed guesses on totals for PS3 exclusives sold world wide that are recent but unless you find out those numbers you may want to put that talk on a back burner for now.

Elite Guru

Oh no a game that runs 600p !!!

Seriously just get over it, i dont like CoD but seriously your hating on the game has been boring for some time now and you know what ? People like diffrent games, COD is so much easier to just pick up and play than any ps3 exclusive fps. Not that i would prefer that but the average joe does and that's not wrong, you cant say that it's wrong to listen to some band over another because it's longer and have better sound quality.

Only idiotic opinion is thinking everyone else is wrong.

Also yes i think sony needs to advertise better, uncharted 2 had many ads in tv but still nearly not even close to the class of for example gears of war advertisement with mad world, seriously everyone remembered that ad while uncharted 2 ad was boring and not really well done, just a lot of flashing gameplay clips.

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The Ps3 has too many good exclusive games which isn't a bad thing but the sales suffer. The Ps3's library offers the best variety across all gaming genre's. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
    Yes it is. Give me a good traditional jrpg ? Give me a good exclusive fighter ?

Yeah you can also find genres that 360 and wii dont have any exclusive of but that still does not make that a fact at all. Ps3 really doesn't have that much variety when it comes to games yet but i can imagine that will change when ffvs13, heavy rain and last guardian are out (some time in 2016)
    Calculating Infinity

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by clean515 View Post
    Oh no a game that runs 600p !!!

Seriously just get over it, i dont like CoD but seriously your hating on the game has been boring for some time now and you know what ? People like diffrent games, COD is so much easier to just pick up and play than any ps3 exclusive fps. Not that i would prefer that but the average joe does and that's not wrong, you cant say that it's wrong to listen to some band over another because it's longer and have better sound quality.

Only idiotic opinion is thinking everyone else is wrong.

Also yes i think sony needs to advertise better, uncharted 2 had many ads in tv but still nearly not even close to the class of for example gears of war advertisement with mad world, seriously everyone remembered that ad while uncharted 2 ad was boring and not really well done, just a lot of flashing gameplay clips.

Yes it is. Give me a good traditional jrpg ? Give me a good exclusive fighter ?

Yeah you can also find genres that 360 and wii dont have any exclusive of but that still does not make that a fact at all. Ps3 really doesn't have that much variety when it comes to games yet but i can imagine that will change when ffvs13, heavy rain and last guardian are out (some time in 2016)
    I don't hate MW2, I just don't think it's the great game everybody says. That's all. Do I love COD4? Yes. Do I dislike Activision? Yes. But, this thread is about PS3 exclusives not selling as expected. I only used MW2 example coz it sold 2 million copies on PS3 in the US. That's all. And I didn't call anyone an idiot, like you did with me.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Elite Guru

Actually I didnt call you an idiot, read my post again. But using arguements like CoD runs in lower than 720p and it's because of that is inferior and doesn't deserve to sell as well as uncharted 2 is a bit silly. Especially when you like a game like the ps3 exclusive MGS4 that also doesn't run 720p.

Call of duty sold more because it's on all the consoles (and pc) and gets a bigger marketing budget because of that and more talk everywhere because everyone no matter what console they have they talk about it.

Because it's more mainstream and much easier to pick up.

Been going for a longer time than uncharted that only just started this gen.

Ps3 games sells just as expected and you can see stuff like gran turismo 5p selling much more than cod on ps3. People know about gran turismo and it got a strong fanbase. The arguments to why a game like uncharted 2 doesnt sell as much are pretty easy to find.
    Calculating Infinity

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by clean515 View Post
    Actually I didnt call you an idiot, read my post again. But using arguements like CoD runs in lower than 720p and it's because of that is inferior and doesn't deserve to sell as well as uncharted 2 is a bit silly. Especially when you like a game like the ps3 exclusive MGS4 that also doesn't run 720p.

Call of duty sold more because it's on all the consoles (and pc) and gets a bigger marketing budget because of that and more talk everywhere because everyone no matter what console they have they talk about it.

Because it's more mainstream and much easier to pick up.

Been going for a longer time than uncharted that only just started this gen.

Ps3 games sells just as expected and you can see stuff like gran turismo 5p selling much more than cod on ps3. People know about gran turismo and it got a strong fanbase. The arguments to why a game like uncharted 2 doesnt sell as much are pretty easy to find.
    MGS4 native resolution is 720p, but it doesn't matter. And I think Uncharted is a well known series, it will even get a movie and tbh I don't think many PS3 owners aren't aware of what Uncharted is. Nevertheless, COD series is more mainstream, I concede it. But, my point stands, PS3 exclusives, except for a couple of games, don't sell as expected. Forget about MW2, which I used as an example for comparison and a lot of people felt offended. It wasn't my intention.

Elite Guru

MGS4 runs 1024.x768 so got a few less pixels. But my point is that resolution doesnt matter when it plays well.

Uncharted is not well known, at all. Friends of mine who aren't big nerds like us people chatting on gaming forums dont really know what it is and if they do they haven't played it. Ask them about call of duty, gran turismo and fifa and they have played them for years.
    Calculating Infinity

Thread Information