Dedicated Member

Assassins Creed Exclusive to PS3?

Look out, Internet Reports is up to his old tricks again! This time, the naughty prankster has been running round telling everyone that Assassin's Creed is coming to PC and Xbox 360 as well as PS3.

Rumours of this kind have been floating around for ages now, but according to Reports, they were officially confirmed by Ubisoft at the recent Interactive Digital Entertainment Festival in France.

Or were they? Well, a Ubisoft spokesperson told Eurogamer: "We have not said anything," adding that they don't like to comment on rumour or speculation.

Advertisement
    And over on the Ubi forums, UK community manager UbiRazz wrote: "Ubisoft have confirmed no such thing. Assassin's Creed will come on PlayStation 3 and at this time, no other platform has been confirmed."

At this time, eh? So that doesn't mean the game won't appear on 360 or PC... Though it could of course turn up a good while after the PS3 version if there's some kind of timed exclusive going on.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65902

Sounds like Ubi are still non commital on this at present, perhaps it will come to 360 and PC but will have an exclusive window like GTA used to have on PS2.

As one of the most impressive games on show at E3 it would be a huge coup for the PS3 if this is exclusive
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

Elite Sage
    this topic has been done and dusted already.

currently it's PS3 exclusive PERIOD.

wether it stays exclusive we'll have to wait for official confirmation.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Superior Member

finally the assasins creed saga is over before it came out, lets just hope it is great

Aleman
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroyd

That's not entirely true. Never have the words "Assasin's Creed" and "PS3 exclusive" been officially used in the same sentence.

But here's the thread for talking about this:
    http://ps3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22825

Veteran
    That doesn't matter. If it's announced for one console, that makes it exclusive. Now if it stays exclusive, I don't know.

I Won't Kill You, But I Don't Have To Save You

Ahead of the Game
    Can you people please get over it. I'm sick of saying the same thing over and over.

The game is only announced for the PS3 thus far, hence making it exclusive. Only when it is officially announced for another platform does it stop being exclusive. End of story.

If you want to argue with that you are obsessed.

Master Guru
    The same goes with Oblivion though,they didn't say an X360 exclusive,but we didn't see an announcement for PS3..and now we have the exact same arguments all over again.Until we hear something its going to be released for PS3 ONLY!!Wishful thinking doesn't count...
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Aleman
    Different people at UBISoft have been asked directly if AC is exclusive to the PS3 and they haven't said yes.

That's enough for me, call me obsessed all you want

Ahead of the Game
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman
    Different people have been asked directly if AC is exclusive to the PS3 and they haven't said yes.

That's enough for me, call me obsessed all you want
    Fine then.

Lost planet is coming to the PS3. Why? Because Capcom is a 3rd party dev and usually make games for Sony consoles as well.

RAAAWWWRR.

The question you should be asking yourself is if AC is going to the 360 and always has been like you all claim it has, why isn't it announced for it yet ? I'm not seeing any logic in your arguements.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroyd

That's not entirely true. Never have the words "Assasin's Creed" and "PS3 exclusive" been officially used in the same sentence.

Maybe i should have highlighted currently which is the point of my post.

If it's only been announced for the PS3 and being developed only for the PS3 then it is a PS3 exclusive right now no "coulds" "ifs" and "buts" "but they're Ubisofts" PS3 exclusive right now a known fact like how GTA was exclusive to Playstation before it was announced for the PC and Xbox.

That's the most annoying part of this whole debate, Oblivion and Ninja Gaiden 2 could be as good as going to the PS3 because Bethsada and Team Ninja hasvn't right out said it's staying on the Xbox 360 exclusively, i might as well take that fact and run away with it.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Forum Guru

Please continue discussing in that thread.
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian.

Thread Information