Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Gamesblow was a bunch of BS. I doubt this very much, Their NC studio is so that they can more easily work on two franchises at once (ratchet and clank and resistance) rather than try to pump them out all at once. They've already said they're not going multiplat anytime soon, sony would have to seriously **** up for them to stop being exclusive and the ps3 is on the rise, there's really no reason to go multiplat now.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    More First-Person Shooter titles...

I am a big FPS gamer. Anyone who is on the Playstation Network when I am knows this very well. However, there is a point in which I think FPS games just need to slow down. I'm not saying stop making them altogether, but, and I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, companies should begin to set their sights to other genres of game play. Whether it be closely relative to FPS, being a Third-Person Shooter, or completely different, I just think it'd be nice to be exposed to a lot more of other genres of game play, rather than the extensive amount of FPS titles we've been receiving recently.

Does anyone else agree with me in regards to this?
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    Resistance 1, 2 and the first Ratchet on PS3 have all sold over a 1 Million...
    Exactly, Insominiac's games have sold just fine on the Ps3.

There's some belief out there that all games need to sell over 3 mil in the first week like they do on the 360 to be considered selling well.

As far as Insomniac going multiplat. I doubt it, they already stated they were only interested in developing for the Ps3 this gen.

Master Guru
    I would actually love an open world space related game in the R&C universe. Not a platformer, but rather a mix between an MMO and something else. The universe they've created could be really fun to explore.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    It's Resistance 3, set in NY and obviously PS3 exclusive since Sony own the IP.
    New York? why would it be set in new york?
    these guys were getting their arses kicked in areas where the Chimera just landed (San Francisco, the outside & inside the Liberty Defense Perimeter)

all this happened in middle America, New York is Chimera land & is probably suicidal at best (worst is you get captured and converted)

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Squirrel View Post
    New York? why would it be set in new york?
    these guys were getting their arses kicked in areas where the Chimera just landed (San Francisco, the outside & inside the Liberty Defense Perimeter)

all this happened in middle America, New York is Chimera land & is probably suicidal at best (worst is you get captured and converted)

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Dedicated Member

And Forza 4, and Halo BS is coming to the PS3. You heard it here first!

Elite Guru
    To be fair you never know this generation. I mean they must always look over at 360 and think "hey we could have both pieces of the pie". I'm not saying it will happen but if it does I wouldn't blame them cause it is a very tempting proposition

Master Sage
    We know its not happening now cause of R3's development. But i don't think it'd happen anytime this gen now anyways since they've already stayed with Sony through the hard times. Will only get easier to make more moneys now with the amount of PS3's being sold recently.

Elite Member
    a little holiday joking ?.....thats all this thread can possibily be

Elite Member

i hope this is more of a metal gear solid 4 is coming to the 360, instead of a final fantasy 13 is coming to the 360 type of rumor.

i have purchased every single Insomniac game released on the PS3. i like that they tailor their engine to work well on the ps3. ACIT runs around 60fps and looks gorgeous. i hope that Sony can keep them happy enough to stay Playstation-centric for many many more generations.

PS3 owners, buy Insomniac games. they are excellent games that you are really missing out on.

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by left_senseless View Post
    i have purchased every single Insomniac game released on the PS3. i like that they tailor their engine to work well on the ps3. ACIT runs around 60fps and looks gorgeous. i hope that Sony can keep them happy enough to stay Playstation-centric for many many more generations.
    They won't be making anymore 60fps games on the PS3.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me since their games haven't sold too well on the PS3.
    http://www.split-screen.com/2009/12/...rvival-horror/
    Nice troll.

For those interested:

Resistance 1 is the ONLY SCEA published game this generation to pass the million mark in North America (according to NPD which does not include bundles).

Source

Its LTD is ~ 3M.

Resistance 2 has sold ~ 2M

Ratchet and Clank >1M.

Honestly, people get disillusioned by the sky-rocketing sales of MW2, Halo and Gears. But what they fail to realise, is that for every dazzling success, there are ten flops. Mega hit is the exception, not the rule.

PS: Plus its pretty cosy to have Sony take care of your development costs as a second party developer.

lawlydoodlez

....troll much?

i don't like resistance, not my type o' thing.

if it is anything else, i welcome it with open arms.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise_ View Post
    They won't be making anymore 60fps games on the PS3.
    yeah, i know. that doesn't bother me either. ratchet doesn't need to be 60fps. it just looks so good and IS 60fps. that is what my comment was about. it is an accomplishment. i'd like to see what they could have done at half the frame rate...

Veteran
    I'd buy it. It would probably be hilarious.

Forum Overseer
    I guess some people just never change

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me since their games haven't sold too well on the PS3.
    http://www.split-screen.com/2009/12/...rvival-horror/
    What Insomniac game has not sold well on the PS3?
    The Resistance series has sold more than 5 million copies and their Rachet series has sold more than 2 million copies and that was before christmas (Crack is new on the shelf)... I think most game companies would be pretty happy with those numbers!

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    who cares, R2 servers blow. they seem to be losing it with resistance. hopefully they get back on the ball. i dont really mind if they're multiplat, as long as the games they make still come out alright.

Elite Sage
    I'm not really liking Insomniac's output this gen so far, i find Resistance a pretty run of the mill franchise and Ratchet loses it's appeal with every new iteration

Wish they'd branch out a bit and do something like an adventure/RPG title, they're talented and i'd love to see what else they can create

Quote Originally Posted by left_senseless View Post
    i hope this is more of a metal gear solid 4 is coming to the 360, instead of a final fantasy 13 is coming to the 360 type of rumor.
    And for the record, there weren't any real rumors concerning FFXIII going to the 360, which is why it was such a shock
    And nothing ever came of the MGS4 rumor so i wouldn't put too much stock in rumors at all

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I doubt Insomniac will go multi, though they are - IMO - one of the top 5 best devs xD

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    Insomniac's a good developer. If they do a multi-platform game, they would do a good job at both versions so PS3 gamers don't have anything to worry about. We won't get a bad port since Insomniac knows the PS3.

I think it is safer to say that they might stick with the PS3 and Sony but they have been expanding so they could afford to do a game for both but considering Sony funds most of their games, I don't see why they would want to.
    ---
    As for as Insomniac doing a survival horror game? I would love for them to do one. Capcom's been a big disappointment for me with their Resident Evil series. It's time for someone else to take their place.

Master Guru
    Well i dont know if they will go multi or not,but i hope for a survival horror game (just not FPS pls...)
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Elite Member
    Anyways im interested with Insomniacs next game, ive been following the ratchet and clank series and resistance series from the start and have enjoyed each one IMO Insomniac is up there with naughty dog for being my fave PS3 devs

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise_ View Post
    This has been rumoured for a while. It was apparently codenamed: 'Lock and Key' at some point. Insomniac have a new studio in North Carolina with its development status unknown.
    If it does happen, I won't be fussed too much. Ratchet and Resistance will always be Playstation Exclusive.

I'm not sure whether multiplatform development is viable for them though. Sony funded their games, marketed them, allowed them to use their QA process, their sound studios, helped pay for their studio cruises etc. They are very Sony dependent.
    pretty much this. seeing s if they were to make a multiplat game, there is no way Sony would fund it, and chances are they could pull out of other contracts based, on that premises. also i would highly suspect that there is a contract somewhere were insomniac only make ps3 games, in return for funding from Sony.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Thread Information