Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Maybe bad timing, but I always wondered why the Pope has a security detail and an armored car at all. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen if the Pope dies? If he's afraid of the after life then we're all screwed. lol
    The pope is the undisputed head of the entire Catholic Church, and promoting another cardinal to that power takes time.

I remember way back, when a guy tried to shot the pope(although he was in his car) The guy was shot 6 times by sniper, and people were hopeful that this would be set as an example. guess not.

But the reasoning for something such as pushing him over is out of my mental grasp. Why the hell would you even want to?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

The Godless Heathen
    @ nskinnear not me...

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Fury View Post
    the Pope looks like a DEMON... anyone agree? lol
    he looks like palpatine

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    if I had compassion for him and/or the catholic faith, I'd show it, but I don't, so I can't.

he might be an 82 year old man, but he's an 82 year old man who is at the head of a corrupt organisation, and is trying to beatify a pope who turned a blind eye to the holocaust, and then wilfully and financially aided the escape of many high ranking nazi officials during the death throes of WW2.
    source of these accusations. he was in Hitler youth. end of, as far as im aware, he didn't fight during the war, and as for helping nazi's, im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Been laughing my *** off all day..the dude looks evil anyway and he was in the Hitler Youth Squad !! I mean WTF!?
    was manditory, it was join or be exiled on false pretences (and chances are family would have been killed)

just like to let it known, that i am not catholic, and in fact not religious at all, and i am the first to criticise it, just have to set a few facts strait first.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    source of these accusations. he was in Hitler youth. end of, as far as im aware, he didn't fight during the war, and as for helping nazi's, im not sure.

was manditory, it was join or be exiled on false pretences (and chances are family would have been killed)

um its not exaggerated, its a fact. you cant generalise anything based on a few people.

just like to let it known, that i am not catholic, and in fact not religious at all, and i am the first to criticise it, just have to set a few facts strait first.
    err, no, you seem to have misread what I said.

I'm not talking about the current pope, I know he was only in the hitler youth and I am well aware of the fact that he fled his position. I'm talking about Pius XII who was the head of the whole catholic world during the outbreak, and through to the end of the second world war.

Pius XII was the one that chose to look the other way (so to speak) whilst the holocaust was in full flow, and german catholics were murdering the jews.

he was also the one who gave the go ahead to use catholic funds to help shelter and then evacuate nazi officials, rather than allow justice to be brought against them.

there is supposedly a whole heap of evidence of this, amongst other shady dealings and activities practised by the vatican, buried deep away in the vatican's own library vaults, that of which conveniently enough, only the highest echelons of the whole catholic order are privy to.

the current pope cannot be held accountable for the actions of the reigning pope during the holocaust, no more then the average german today can be held accountable for the actions of his/her parents/grandparents/great grandparents.

but he sure as hell can be responsible for the choice of beatifying him, and he can be responsible for being the one to admit to the part the vatican played during the war.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    I'll say this only once:

Do not make offensive comments about the Catholic faith in this thread. Doing so will only cause arguements and then a swarm of infractions.

Keep it civil ladies and gents.

- Galvanise_

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Maybe bad timing, but I always wondered why the Pope has a security detail and an armored car at all. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen if the Pope dies? If he's afraid of the after life then we're all screwed. lol
    The Holy Father is meant to die a natural death so he can fulfill the Lords plan for him. He's also the Head of State of Vatican City, and one of the largest religious groups in the world, doesn't every head of state have security? The Holy Father has only traveled around in an armored car since the assassination attempt of the Late Pope John Paul II. But hey, if someone trys to kill you, you have to be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise_ View Post
    She tried to do the same thing same time last year.

As for Ratzinger, he's not a bad Pope. He's got a lot of things in order behind the scenes. John Paul was too much of a pacifist to make some of the radical changes Ratzinger has.

He's Gods representative on earth. Depending on who was to kill him, several awful things could happen.

P.S, I'm an Atheist, but I do recognise the hope and sense of community the Catholic church can give people.
    The rumour is she was trying to hug the Holy Father, so it wasn't sinister, the HH wasn't knocked down by the women, he was dragging down as the guards rugby tackled her to the ground.

err, no, you seem to have misread what I said.

I'm not talking about the current pope, I know he was only in the hitler youth and I am well aware of the fact that he fled his position. I'm talking about Pius XII who was the head of the whole catholic world during the outbreak, and through to the end of the second world war.

Pius XII was the one that chose to look the other way (so to speak) whilst the holocaust was in full flow, and german catholics were murdering the jews.

he was also the one who gave the go ahead to use catholic funds to help shelter and then evacuate nazi officials, rather than allow justice to be brought against them.

there is supposedly a whole heap of evidence of this, amongst other shady dealings and activities practised by the vatican, buried deep away in the vatican's own library vaults, that of which conveniently enough, only the highest echelons of the whole catholic order are privy to.

the current pope cannot be held accountable for the actions of the reigning pope during the holocaust, no more then the average german today can be held accountable for the actions of his/her parents/grandparents/great grandparents.

but he sure as hell can be responsible for the choice of beatifying him, and he can be responsible for being the one to admit to the part the vatican played during the war.
    America and Europe both looked the other way while Nazi Germany was moving to arms and killing innocents in the surrounding area, do we attack those who see these as good men? I didn't think so.

Pope Pius is seen as Venerable same as Pope John Paul II, They are not saints study the Catholic churches process for Beatification before making ridiculous Claims like Pope Pius XII is now a Saint, Pope St Pius X is a Saint, not Pope Pius XII. Pope Pius XII did do good things for the Church, and helped rebuild Europe and keep peace after World War II.

The Vatican State has always been neutral, it was disappointed that Pope Pius remained silent during the war, but he's also the one that found roman Jews that were being deported a place to go, he was a good man, just kept very strictly to the rule that the Vatican is neutral in all times of war.

Quote Originally Posted by wufei View Post
    ... I like playing with myself!

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    lol ADZ you quoted a Post by Dave the Rave and it was actually Surebrec who said it

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    lol ADZ you quoted a Post by Dave the Rave and it was actually Surebrec who said it
    Damn, thought something didn't look quite right lmao ill correct it now

Dedicated Member
    He should have strafed, perhaps hit r3

lawlydoodlez

Well, he isn't dead so..

maybe he can work on his bobbin' && weavin'.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobax View Post
    He should have strafed, perhaps hit r3
    lol like Neo in the Matrix

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1992 View Post

The rumour is she was trying to hug the Holy Father, so it wasn't sinister, the HH wasn't knocked down by the women, he was dragging down as the guards rugby tackled her to the ground.
    yeah this!

America and Europe both looked the other way while Nazi Germany was moving to arms and killing innocents in the surrounding area, do we attack those who see these as good men? I didn't think so.
    hell, we even gave Hitler areas of europe. in the case of Czechoslovakia, we kind of turned up and said, o btw we gave the sedatenland to Hitler, hope you dont mind, but you have no choice in this matter.

The Vatican State has always been neutral, it was disappointed that Pope Pius remained silent during the war, but he's also the one that found roman Jews that were being deported a place to go, he was a good man, just kept very strictly to the rule that the Vatican is neutral in all times of war.
    well apart from the various times that it has been sacked.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    well apart from the various times that it has been sacked.
    It does stay neutral though, apart from times it has to become directly involved an attack on the Vatican is an act of war so in those times it does have to either defend it self or flee (which many times in history the Holy Father has had to either go into a near by fortress, or flee to another country). So in those cases it can't exactly stay neutral when someone directly attacks them.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    It does stay neutral though, apart from times it has to become directly involved an attack on the Vatican is an act of war so in those times it does have to either defend it self or flee (which many times in history the Holy Father has had to either go into a near by fortress, or flee to another country). So in those cases it can't exactly stay neutral when someone directly attacks them.
    or stay in Rome and become an imperialist under the direct control of Charles the V(I) during the 16th century.

Superior Member

The Nazi's didn't just slaughter Jews you know, they also went after homosexuals and Catholics. That really makes me call into question the validity of your... accusations.

Space Cowboy
    I love the irony of a Former Nazi Youth Squad Member, becoming the Pope.

Ha.
    Them Crooked Vultures

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Echo View Post
    I love the irony of a Former Nazi Youth Squad Member, becoming the Pope.

Ha.
    He was forced into the group, as most German boys were back then.

Try to keep up.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by nskinnear View Post
    He was forced into the group, as most German boys were back then.

Try to keep up.
    THIS as his whole Family would have been Exterminated if he didnt comply

I find it best to ignore the 'the pope is a nazi' claims when it is far easier to pin some actual crimes on the hypocrite.

Recently in Ireland a report was released detailing the decade long sexual abuse and rape of children under the care of the catholic church, abuse which was concealed and covered up by the church and the authorities at the time. It was church practice to hush up anyone that made any abuse allegations with the threat of excommunication (needs to be taken in context of the deeply catholic society of the time) and simply move the abuser to a different parish or church institution. The Pope released a statement saying that he "shares the outrage, betrayal and shame felt by so many of the faithful in Ireland" despite the fact that as the previous head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith he would have been informed of every case of abuse reported by the bishops below him. He even issued a letter to all bishops reminding "them of the strict penalties facing those who revealed confidential details concerning enquiries into allegations against priests of certain grave ecclesiastical crimes, including sexual abuse, which were reserved to the jurisdiction of the Congregation". He knew about the abuse and he covered it up, he enabled the rape and abuse of thousands of children and actively tried to prevent survivors from achieving justice. And this is what has happened in a small country with only 4 million inhabitants, imagine what else the catholic church is hushing up on a global scale.

Watch this youtube clip to get an idea of the kind of hurt him and his ilk have caused.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBi4sYK5rjI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBi4sYK5rjI[/ame]

Thread Information