Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
  1. #1
    Veteran
    BrokenKeyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    965 (0 Banked)

    Mods Close please.

    Problem resolved. No need for thread anymore

  2. #2
    lawlydoodlez

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    5,615 (0 Banked)
    Happened to someone i know before,
    I don't know about sending games to MS..
    I don't think they'll do anything about it.

  3. #3
    Elite Guru
    HaTriX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,189
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    126 (0 Banked)
    Yea something only the 360 suffers from. I learned the hard way when I had one. Went out and bought fear, moved the 360 while it was on and it burned a ring on the disc. 75% of the multiplayer maps wouldn't load. Same with the game itself most of the time.

    Awesome feature really.


    Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

  4. #4
    Forum Elder

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,963
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    1,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    I got Left4Dead 2 in the sales today, it was only 30 so I decided to go for it. Took it home, then started installing to hard drive (can't stand the chainsaw DVD drive while playing)... went to restart router because my Xbox never recognises the router.

    The Xbox fell on it's side and a message appeared saying the Xbox couldn't read the disc. There's a perfect circle stratch going ALL around the disc.


    What the ****. How does Microsoft get away with this? Would the retailer give me a new one or would I have to send it away to MS or something?
    how old is your 360 this shouldnt happen with any of the newer drives. when it first started happening with the original hitachi drives it was all my local stores policy to replace the disc but im not sure if thats the case now.

    id never have my 360 standing up anyways there more prone to RROD, and as youve just found out toppling over

  5. #5
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,728
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    16,702 (0 Banked)
    If you knocked over your 360 its hardly MS fault.

  6. #6
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yea... the wtf would be on your part. How can anyone blame your disc being scratch on MS when it was knocked over. Fail.




  7. #7
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,569
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    26,895 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    MS get away with it because it wasn't their fault that your console was knocked over causing the disc to become damaged.

    Your fault entirely right there bro.

    Just for the record. I stand my console vertical and have done since I got it due to space limitations and it has never burnt a ring in ANY of my discs or put ANY sort of mark on them.

  8. #8
    Super Elite
    Acid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,026
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    9,299 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Your the one who knocked it over.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

  9. #9
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    20,766 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    If you knocked over your 360 its hardly MS fault.
    this lol.

    lesson learned. dont knock it over.

    However, i think this only happens on the early models.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  10. #10
    Apprentice
    cyclops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    2,754 (0 Banked)
    I am guessing what he means is: Why the **** wouldn't MS make sure that this couldn't happen? I mean accidents do happen, dog runs by it, 3 year old kid is curious while your playing your fav game and bam down goes the xbox. You shouldn't have to worry about your xbox grinding a ring in your game if an accident happens.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Happened to my mates COD4 disc last year. Sucks

  12. #12
    Catch it and W*nk
    Astonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,788
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,111 (0 Banked)
    It says On a Sticker on the DVD Drive when you get it do not move the console with a disk in it so theres no hope for you mate.
    PS360 owner
    Please feel free to visit my blog: http://gamersgaloreram.blogspot.com/ . It will contain numerous reviews to do with games, hardware and other fitting things. Thanks.

  13. #13
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    3,915 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    I got Left4Dead 2 in the sales today, it was only 30 so I decided to go for it. Took it home, then started installing to hard drive (can't stand the chainsaw DVD drive while playing)... went to restart router because my Xbox never recognises the router.

    The Xbox fell on it's side and a message appeared saying the Xbox couldn't read the disc. There's a perfect circle stratch going ALL around the disc.


    What the ****. How does Microsoft get away with this? Would the retailer give me a new one or would I have to send it away to MS or something?
    its really down to you why your xbox fell over but just take the game back anyways and say it doesnt work as you have a 12month Guarantee on it

  14. #14
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    If you knocked over your 360 its hardly MS fault.
    I agree.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    BrokenKeyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    965 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    yea... the wtf would be on your part. How can anyone blame your disc being scratch on MS when it was knocked over. Fail.
    I'm blaming Microsoft for using a rubbish DVD drive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    this lol.

    lesson learned. dont knock it over.

    However, i think this only happens on the early models.
    Well my Xbox is a year old. Got it Xmas '08.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    I am guessing what he means is: Why the **** wouldn't MS make sure that this couldn't happen? I mean accidents do happen, dog runs by it, 3 year old kid is curious while your playing your fav game and bam down goes the xbox. You shouldn't have to worry about your xbox grinding a ring in your game if an accident happens.
    Thats what I mean. Why can't Microsoft use good DVD drives?

  16. #16
    Elite Guru
    HaTriX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,189
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    126 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astonlover View Post
    It says On a Sticker on the DVD Drive when you get it do not move the console with a disk in it so theres no hope for you mate.
    Yep.

    Still think its absurd that it happens. The store I took my game back to when it happened to me refused to replace it. $60 down the drain.

    Not like it mattered in the long run though. All my games and 360 were stolen......


    Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

  17. #17
    Veteran
    BrokenKeyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    965 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaTriX View Post
    Yep.

    Still think its absurd that it happens. The store I took my game back to when it happened to me refused to replace it. $60 down the drain.

    Not like it mattered in the long run though. All my games and 360 were stolen......
    Exactly.

    I know it was my fault, but in all honesty Microsoft are idiots to me now. I really hope they replace the game, other wise I'm just gonna sell the Xbox.

  18. #18
    Apprentice
    stonecoldbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    shame mate but aye nothing on your side in this situation it seems. Had the same thing happen to me once with fable 2 just had to borrow my mates copy

    p.s http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net/th...rate-t1611.htm

    i love how they define fanboy just purely 'coz you had a bad experience with their prefered console what joy they must have analysing this forums every move

    i recommend that site if you want a giggle to yourself, i have a 360 and enjoy it but it doesn't surprise me that most of the members ages on display on that forum are no older than 16

    -sorry for going off topic-

    "Some mountains are scaled, others are slain"





  19. #19
    Veteran
    BrokenKeyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    965 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldbean View Post
    shame mate but aye nothing on your side in this situation it seems. Had the same thing happen to me once with fable 2 just had to borrow my mates copy

    p.s http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net/th...rate-t1611.htm

    i love how they define fanboy just purely 'coz you had a bad experience with their prefered console what joy they must have analysing this forums every move

    i recommend that site if you want a giggle to yourself, i have a 360 and enjoy it but it doesn't surprise me that most of the members ages on display on that forum are no older than 16

    -sorry for going off topic-
    Holy crap

    Wow that is kinda sad. They're probably reading this right now, if you are, add SamuraiClarke on Xbox LIVE!!

  20. #20
    Power Member
    Stoffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,656
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,369 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    What the ****. How does Microsoft get away with this? Would the retailer give me a new one or would I have to send it away to MS or something?
    Because people only $#@! and moan about it, but they still go and buy the games and hardware. So thats saying "its ok if you make crap, cause I will still buy it."

    But with that said, this was your fault. ;-]

  21. #21
    Veteran
    BrokenKeyboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    941
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    965 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffinator View Post
    Because people only $#@! and moan about it, but they still go and buy the games and hardware. So thats saying "its ok if you make crap, cause I will still buy it."

    But with that said, this was your fault. ;-]
    I know it's my fault, I'm just annoyed that it can actually happen. Just wanted to know if they'd actually replace it or not.

  22. #22
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    23
    Posts
    16,768
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    16,383 (0 Banked)
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah just like if I accidentally knock my PS3 down a flight of stairs then its Sony's fault because why 'wouldnt Sony make sure this couldn't happen?' You shouldn't have to worry about it breaking if an accident happens.
    wow, slightly extreme example there mate. pretty sure my my ps3 doesn't do that to disks when i move it, and as far as i am aware, none of the dvd players I have ever owned have done that.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  23. #23
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    This doesn't only just happen when dropping it either. With the older models, games like Rockband and Guitar Hero and especially the dancing games cause vibrations through the floor to scratch the disc.

    Now THAT is whack

  24. #24
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,326
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    48,922 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    wow, slightly extreme example there mate. pretty sure my my ps3 doesn't do that to disks when i move it, and as far as i am aware, none of the dvd players I have ever owned have done that.
    Same thing with me, all my consoles i have ever had and dvd players and cd players, i could MOVE fine without harming the disk inside while on.

    I did it for my 360 because it was getting hot and i wanted to ventilate it, and BAM, there goes my Midnight Club LA game disk...

    If there was a sticker that warned me when i got the console, i totally forget by now, its just odd that it happens for once console only

  25. #25
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,723
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,681 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    wow, slightly extreme example there mate. pretty sure my my ps3 doesn't do that to disks when i move it, and as far as i am aware, none of the dvd players I have ever owned have done that.
    Don't jinx it Squirbo. The next thing you know, as you move your PS3 while playing it, the ultimately powerful cell processor unleashes its true might and creates a vortex to hell and sucks you in, then scratches your disc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.