What The Peaches To Do?

I have no clue what to do. I want a more clear picture (graphics, no jaggiez). Im runnin a 32"-XBR6, HDMI, 1080P, picture adjustments etc. still, it doesint seem as what it could be.(U2 looks sad on my setup)

A cousin of mine was using a dell 27" monitor 2 years ago, and to this day i havent seen anything that clear.

I have two options (up for suggestions) to try and improve visuals.

1. Dell 3008WFP

2. Gefen Scaler

Since i live in some what isolated canada, buying the dell will be pricey due to shipping. Also the screen has a low contrast ratio (3000:1) and im scared ill be able to notice.

When it comes to scalers, i know very little, but do improve visuals,
    and seem like somthing i can use for years to come.

Need a little help on choosing a path to walk down.
    Thanks.

For those who say "be happy with what you got" im just trying to get the most out of my Ps3.

p.s. GT5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Poster
    Don't really see how Uncharted 2 can look that bad on your setup! All i have is a older Samsung 40" LCD with 1080p, and i thought Uncharted looked great. Maybe i need to have my prescription on my glasses check.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    turn the sharpness down or off in the tv settings..if the sharpness is high u will have jaggies

Forum Elder
    Try to adjust your settings using AVS. Google your TV's model + avs + calibration and see what you can find.

Veteran
    Also try tweaktv.com, settings can make A LOT of difference. For one sharpness should probably be turned down all the way, you don't need extra definition on a high definition tv, all it does is over enhance the edges. Also you can almost always turn the extra settings off, like dynamic contrast for example, or noise reduction (most of the time it just blurs the picture). Also people almost always have the contrast and color way too high (over saturated/ over bright colors are a bad thing, you wan realistic looking colors) same with the brightness setting, since that affects your black levels (by adjusting your backlight) you're brightness should be as low as you can go without losing any detail in shadowy areas. These things are just general rule of thumb that i've read about. I've spent a lot of time researching on how to properly calibrate tvs, I'm not saying i'm an expert but i'm seriously OCD when it comes to making my tv look the best it possibly can.

Here's a great guide that may help:

http://www.cnet.com/1990-7874_1-5108543-1.html
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by WaspMonkey View Post
    Try to adjust your settings using AVS. Google your TV's model + avs + calibration and see what you can find.
    thanks for that tip, I did so and found that my old way of eyeballing it came almost close to what other people had after running a DVE disk

+rep

PSN ID/Live GT: Evoking1230

Thanks everyone, but sorry to say.. these tweaks and tunes have been done already. and thanks mr moffet, i didnt know that about noise reduction. (thought it was just for stand still pictures)

my tv does do a great job, but seems like its running at 80% and im looking for that extra 20.

p.s. Pixar FTW!

Dedicated Member
    reset your settings to default and go from there

Loves Kat Von D
    ..Try sitting further away from the Tv? Sorry, I know it sounds dumb, but it's always one of the biggest factors!

Or get it professionally calibrated specifically for gamin. Costs a few quid but I reckon it's cheaper than a new setup?

My games look proper lush on ma 32" Sammy..
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

Had a life upgrade, Ps4 time!

I'll start from default for peice of mind, as for having an expert take a look, i dont think so.
    Due to my small room i am about 6 feet away, even had it mounted to the wall for a couple more inches.
    Played LBP lastnight and my sack boy looked like it had damn white christmas lights around it.

p.s. any word with anyone using scalers, would they help with SD televison shows?

Thread Information