Thread: halo killer

wickwack

halo killer

long time ago i have been waiting for a halo killer, i thought how could sony underestimate halo, and not be secretly or publically producing a rival title for ps2/ps3...

a franchise like halo is a MUST... think about it, a sony exclusive FPS which is a console seller... i mean that together with MGS series, gran turismo.. its a no brainer... but finally i think sony may have answered to MS... CODED ARMS... it looks to have all the ingredients to rival halo...

we'll have to see about the story, but from the look of the trailer it seems that all we need to hope for is awesome AI, and smart use of weapons... luckily for sony fans, development is in the hands of KONAMI.. hands down the best gaming studio in the world... so expect A LOT from this title...

by the way things are looking, sonys is doing a lot of good things, MGS4, CODED ARMS, THE GETAWAY, WARHAWK i think those are all system sellers... now a 3rd person shooter like gears of war would also be sweet, i know warhawk will have some 3rd person but i mean it wont compare.. i wont get into why but its obvious... gears of war has such amazing graphics and lighting... damn.. we'll still have to see how the gameplay works, but from some E3 footage it looked like it wont be lacking in that department... actually i was impressed, i thought the gameplay sucked before E3 but they proved me wrong...

Superior Member
    I've never played "Halo". What is supposed to be so great about it? I take everything Xbox owners say with a grain of salt now, because they (and others) told me COD2 on Xbox was superior to COD2:BRO on PS2.

So i went and got a 360 and COD2. It was good, but not nowhere near as fun as BRO. I find it difficult now to believe Halo is all that.

BRO is the most fun FPS multiplayer shooter i've played since Quake II.

Now they're going crazy over "new" features in COD3 like artillery or vehicles. So what? Those were in BRO. BRO developers must be making 3, are they? I sure hope so.

Elite Member
    I seriously doubt that there is such a thing as a 'Halo Killer'. Halo's just got too big of a fanbase.
    And every single gaming site that I know of rated COD2 above COD2:BRO. Maybe it's just because you were so favored toward the PS2 that you didn't give the 360 a good chance.
    Currently playing- PSYCHONAUTS! Great game. Thinking about upgrading to next-gen maybe in 2010, because I only got my Xbox at the end of last year.

Always keep your words soft and mellow, for tomorrow you may have to eat them.

wickwack
    well halo is from 2001... so i mean 5 years later, i doubt you will find it as good.. though it is still probably better than 99% FPS out there... im a huge FPS fan, FPS are most of what i play... and i can tell you that even games like far cry had nothing on halo, even though it was released a lot after and tried to copy it. I mean, i think it sucks how a lot of people are stubborn and say halo sucks, they dont even give the game a try, and they miss out on an experience which everybody who neutrally poped in the cd enjoyed... but dont take my word for it...

when a game gets 9.4 and up reviews on gamespot, ign.. what can u say against it?? edge magazine at the time of halo's release had only given 10 stars to 4 games in history... and guess which was the 5th one?... halo... and you cant debate that... ive played so many FPS.. and you know which ones i remember?? marathon 1 and 2, half life, halo, and half life 2... i might be forgeting 1 or 2 names... but these are games that stick out in my mind... games that were groundbreaking, revolutionary, and really enjoyable.. oh my if only sony could have run halo on the ps2 and kept it exclusive... you would have no idea what would have happened to the ps2...

so yeah i think halo was great... i think SONY has to come up with something big like halo in order to gain respect that they lost for not having a decent fps on ps2... i know that whatever happens i will play halo3 no matter what... whether i buy a 360, or ps3, im not missing out on it... just like i would definatly play MGS4 as well... they are just exclusive triple A titles which is what consoles are all about...

i have not really tried the call of duty series, im really sick and tired of WW2 shooters, worse of all they have crappy stories and AI and crappy vehicles...

Elite Guru
    Halo is overrated. Halo 1 was good, but Halo 2 was very...very...how can I say this...didnt live up to the hype.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    HTK
    I dont like it. I dont like laser guns and ugly monsters running around.

Apprentice

Why do people want a "Halo Killer"!? Halo was a piece of crap game, not even worth killing....it only gained fame because Xbox had no other games worth playing...If Halo were multy-platform it would have been treated like "Just another FPS".

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why worry about a Halo Killer in the first place? Halo2 would only be like seventh place on the PS2. Let's focus on what we DO have like Assassin's Creed, FFXIII, GT5, WarHawk, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, and the countless other great games.

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Halo was a great game, worthy of the hype.

The sequel was a dissappointment to many people. Most of my friends with a 360 said it was the same game with a worse storyline and duel guns...

Sony shouldn't worry about a Halo killer and should just fous on "this gen's" next great game. Halo is yesterdays news

PS- this has been discussed already

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Push my Phantastic button
    PSN ID
    PHANTASMN707
    Halo killer? Why even bother? There are so many more exclusive games under the PS brand, and the Xbox brand had so few, like Halo, Forza, and Fable. There are already games that would be considered better than those on the PS2, which was supposed to be an inferior console.

I'm pretty sure the PS3 will do fine without trying to "kill" something that it will have any power over. Let the 360 have its fun with "an overhyped" game.

Forum Guru
    HALO 2 KILLED HALO end of story

Coded arms does look very good but Halo
    can't even compete with 007
    It only got so much press and hype because it saved the xbox
    it was like a much needed rain in the middle of the desert city

Ps2 had many good games that sold the system starting with GT:3
    Not to mention it had the first cheap DVD player in it

Superior Member

Halo is the reason I and many others bought an xbox. It was the most fun I've ever had gaming because of the LAN parties and sweet coop. It was just as much about the experience as it was the game. But I still find myself replaying it every once in a while.
    Nintendo Fanboy: 42%
    Sony Fanboy: 28%
    Microsoft Fanboy: 42%
    Periods. Not just for women, they're for your sentences too.

Push my Phantastic button
    PSN ID
    PHANTASMN707
    Yes it is a fun game... but why waste time trying to "kill" it when it is exclusive to another system? The PS brand already has enough good games on it that people shouldn't care weather or not Halo sells a lot or not.

Superior Member

Halo is overrated anyways, HL2 + counter strike its up and way beyond whatever halo is

Apprentice

:sigh:

Some people will never understand how amazing halo 1 was/is. Especially sony zealots.

It is still the best multi player experience (coop and LAN) that i've ever had.

Halo2, on the other hand, is another story.
    Bumbles bounce!

ard master
    All my freinds think halo is amazing, I ask them why they don't know what to say I think it has become a state of mind that halo is a great game I can't see why it apparently conqures all other FPS.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-hammer
    :sigh:

Some people will never understand how amazing halo 1 was/is. Especially sony zealots.

It is still the best multi player experience (coop and LAN) that i've ever had.

Halo2, on the other hand, is another story.
    Dude, we already know halo 1 was good..but it would be a disrespect to my trash can to throw halo 2 in there...

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity
    Dude, we already know halo 1 was good..but it would be a disrespect to my trash can to throw halo 2 in there...
    Halo 1 was much more then merely 'good'.

And i would not go that far with halo 2. What bungie was able to do on the xbox, with halo2, was amazing, but as fun as halo 1 it was not.......by a long shot.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity
    Halo 1 was much more then merely 'good'.

And i would not go that far with halo 2. What bungie was able to do on the xbox, with halo2, was amazing, but as fun as halo 1 it was not.......by a long shot.
    Ok, Halo 1 was abput a 9.3 on my books....

Apprentice

far out im not anti ms.... but i didnt halo was that special from what i played... clearly a lot of people disagree....

but anyway as far as a halo killer? maybe sony has to invest in an exclusive that uses the full capacity of a blueray disc and as much as they can get out of the cell and rsx at the moment... and then spend a ridiculous amount of money developing it so it really is an outstanding game and then release it just to blow people away...

considering how much money they are losing on the intial release of ps3's i dont think it would be that bad to make a loss producing a game that could possible kill halo...
    LG 32" LCD: $1800
    Samsung 6.1 hdmi digital receiver + speakers: $630
    PS3 + v tennis + resistance + fnr3 + mstorm: $1240
    Gaming in HD thanks to $3600 on a credit card: PRICELESS

pfffft halo my ass. 9.4 on IGN woopdydoo! gte that RE4 9.8 goodness in ya $#@!es!

When you learn to type and read the rules, then come back, alright? ~ Lp Chris XII
    The KING Has Arrived!!!

afi
    If i want to shoot ugly monsters,that are running around, with laser guns i would rather play half life. It's much easier to play fps games with a keyboard and mouse. Using a controller feels kind of awkward to me.

Master Guru
    We've got plenty of threads to discuss PS3 Games, you couldn't have posted this in one of those?

Thread Information