Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 283848 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 1265
  1. #926
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Nopedity-dope. I've been thinking of making one someday.
    I want to but it would be very hard for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    I've found some pretty awesome sig tutes for photoshop. I can PM them to you if you want.

    On another note, I'm just about done on a sig tutorial for my Bass Sprite Sig, so I'll post it in here when I'm done.
    Yeah man, I'm always looking for cool tuts.

    And definatly post your tutorial here when its done.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  2. #927
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,758
    Rep Power
    121
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    We do need more talk in here.

    Anyone seen any nice tutorials recently? Or something?
    I'm currently working on one. Should be done this week if I get the time.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  3. #928
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Looking forward to it.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  4. #929
    Ultimate Veteran
    Vyse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    23,912
    Rep Power
    204
    I'm going to make myself an updated Skies of Arcadia signature.

    Same render as before, but much cleaner, sharper, and with a different background and effects. It should be awesome.
    Thanks to Sylar for the signature!


  5. #930
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,109
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm going to make myself an updated Skies of Arcadia signature.

    Same render as before, but much cleaner, sharper, and with a different background and effects. It should be awesome.
    Good luck with that. Will be interesting to see with what you are going to come up with.

  6. #931
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm going to make myself an updated Skies of Arcadia signature.

    Same render as before, but much cleaner, sharper, and with a different background and effects. It should be awesome.
    Me likey the new version.

    The only thing that sticks out is the yellow on the girl on the right. Just doesn't match the rest of the sig.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  7. #932
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Need help with finding something. I'm doing a CD cover for art class, but can not locate a good looking street light, I want it to be triangle on the bottom so you can only see the light coming out from the bottom, here is an example of what I mean.



    I want to find a good looking lamp that would be appropriate for a dark back alley. Something that looks sorta of my thing, except not drawn by a 4 year old.

    Thanks for any help.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  8. #933
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    18
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    40
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Would this be better than the last?



    PS - Thanks kwes for letting me invade your clubhouse to ask for help
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  9. #934
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    It does look better with the effects to hold the render in.

    But add just a little more to the sides of the render. And try some gradient mapping.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  10. #935
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    18
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    40
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    It does look better with the effects to hold the render in.

    But add just a little more to the sides of the render. And try some gradient mapping.
    Eh?

    Thanks for replying dude!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  11. #936
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Gradient mapping? Its the way to get some rad colors on the sig.

    Look it up cause its $#@!ing hard to explain.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  12. #937
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,758
    Rep Power
    121
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    In the layer tab where you can see all the layers you got, there's a yin-yan-ish icon that when pressed lets you select Add Gradient Map. Basically what you do is put a whole color gradient over the sig (such as purple to skin color, which works wonders in many sigs) and liven up the colors a notch.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  13. Likes gangsta_795 likes this post
  14. #938
    Ultimate Veteran
    Vyse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    23,912
    Rep Power
    204
    You can also combine multiple gradient maps to achieve different results. But for the most part, you want to add them on their own separate layers and lower the opacity because often times they might appear too strong.

    My current signature, for example, has a yellow, red, and green gradient map. But if I were to set the levels too high then it would ruin the overall look.

    Thorzilla's signature, on the other hand, has a yellow and blue gradient map, which is fairly strong but also creates the illusion of a sun-basked render. So it can act as a light source to help compliment the render being used.
    Last edited by Vyse; 02-20-2012 at 01:25.
    Thanks to Sylar for the signature!


  15. Likes gangsta_795, Thorzilla likes this post
  16. #939
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    And I'm using a Red/Dark Grey gradient, set to soft light, and a orange/purple gradient, also set to soft light. It darkens and makes the colors very appealing.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  17. Likes gangsta_795, Thorzilla likes this post
  18. #940
    Forum Elder
    C-Carcharias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    66
    @ gangsta, while we're on the subject, I'd encourage you to play around with a few adjustment layers to see what they do and how they can attribute to improving your sigs. As the guys below said, gradient mapping is an extremely useful tool in changing the colours of your sig - but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

    Experiment with things like Colour Balance, Photo Filters, Curves, Levels, Exposure, Hue/Saturation, Selective Colour etc. to further improve the colours and lighting of your sigs.

    To get to adjustment layers in PS, go:
    LAYER->NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER->THEN SELECT TYPE OF ADJUSTMENT

    For example...by using adjustment layers I took a sig from this:



    To this:


    Poor example but you get the point.

    Hope that somewhat helps/gives you some insight.
    Last edited by C-Carcharias; 02-20-2012 at 09:31.

    PSN: Hohjirozame

  19. Likes gangsta_795 likes this post
  20. #941
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    18
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    40
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    I $#@!ing love you guys man

    Greatly appreciate the help.

    As for the gradient mapping, what I do is, I use this tool to create a layer and then reduce it's opacity to suit my needs.

    The main problem I have is, as kwes earlier pointed out, making the render 'belong' in the bg/sig. It always seems a bit off.



    +rep to y'all
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  21. #942
    Forum Elder
    C-Carcharias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    The main problem I have is, as kwes earlier pointed out, making the render 'belong' in the bg/sig. It always seems a bit off.
    Sorry, didn't know you were using GIMP...I'm unfamiliar with that program so some of what I said may not apply.

    On making the render "belong", one neat little trick is to create a gradient map, then "clipping mask" it to the render. So, you would use the eye-dropper tool to get two colours from your background that complement each other and make a gradient out of them, mask it your render so only it is effected by it, then play around with opacity/blending options.

    Similiarly, if you have a C4D with an unsuitable colour, you can create a hue/saturation layer and mask it to the C4D, and change the colours/intensity of it.

    PSN: Hohjirozame

  22. Likes gangsta_795 likes this post
  23. #943
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    18
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    40
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    Sorry, didn't know you were using GIMP...I'm unfamiliar with that program so some of what I said may not apply.

    On making the render "belong", one neat little trick is to create a gradient map, then "clipping mask" it to the render. So, you would use the eye-dropper tool to get two colours from your background that complement each other and make a gradient out of them, mask it your render so only it is effected by it, then play around with opacity/blending options.

    Similiarly, if you have a C4D with an unsuitable colour, you can create a hue/saturation layer and mask it to the C4D, and change the colours/intensity of it.
    I've tried Photoshop as well but find Gimp to be more user-friendly for a new designer like me.

    Again, thanks I'll try these out
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  24. #944
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,758
    Rep Power
    121
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I've tried Photoshop as well but find Gimp to be more user-friendly for a new designer like me.

    Again, thanks I'll try these out
    I'd advice you to go ahead and get Photoshop started! The only diference is the placement of the tools when it comes down to the user interface. Besides, everything in Photoshop is customizable, and you can save that preset as your work space! If you get used to Photoshop, you'll see there's a few more things you can do in Photoshop.

    Also, don't just lower the opacity of the gradient map you use or else it's going to look like crap. Change the blending to something else. I usually use Lighten and sometimes Overlay (not sure in GIMP though).
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  25. #945
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Really Pissed off at my computer right now. I had just finished one of the best sigs I had ever done, I decided to go to the bathroom(without saving the sig), and my computer decided to reboot to install some updates...
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  26. #946
    Master Guru
    spyrde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,820
    Rep Power
    99
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Really Pissed off at my computer right now. I had just finished one of the best sigs I had ever done, I decided to go to the bathroom(without saving the sig), and my computer decided to reboot to install some updates...


    When this happens, I use it as motivation to make a sig two times better than the one that got lost in bit heaven.

    Learn to do signatures here



  27. Likes Kwes likes this post
  28. #947
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Yeah, motivation usually doesn't work in that direction for me.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  29. #948
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,758
    Rep Power
    121
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS


    Window's a $#@!. Always has, always will be. Mother $#@!er should learn some manners. Dear Mr. Gates, you are an asshole.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  30. Likes Kwes likes this post
  31. #949
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,334
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post


    Window's a $#@!. Always has, always will be. Mother $#@!er should learn some manners. Dear Mr. Gates, you are an asshole.
    Yeah, I mean. Why can't I choose when to $#@!ing update? Not my computer.
    ////Taking sig/avatar requests, PM if interested\\\\


  32. #950
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    18
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    40
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    I'd advice you to go ahead and get Photoshop started! The only diference is the placement of the tools when it comes down to the user interface. Besides, everything in Photoshop is customizable, and you can save that preset as your work space! If you get used to Photoshop, you'll see there's a few more things you can do in Photoshop.

    Also, don't just lower the opacity of the gradient map you use or else it's going to look like crap. Change the blending to something else. I usually use Lighten and sometimes Overlay (not sure in GIMP though).
    I use overlay for the brushes as well

    I'll get to PS then
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.