Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    In the future, make a brand new account just for buying stuff and never share it.

That's what I do.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    just get your friend to delete your account off there ps3. free up a slot, job done.
    As mentioned above, why don't you just do this. Get your friends to remove the accounts and you'll be fine again.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalbeast View Post
    As mentioned above, why don't you just do this. Get your friends to remove the accounts and you'll be fine again.
    LMAO! Give Dave some credited & read the full post as this is the first thing anyone would try

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    help@uk.playstation.com

That might help.

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny2304 View Post
    help@uk.playstation.com

That might help.
    Thanks..though it has been nearly 2 days since I sent my first message to them and I still don't have a reply, I think they are ignoring me !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member
    sorry to hear about it mate.
    i really hope all works out for you.
    Someone falls to pieces sleeping all alone, someone kills the pain spinning in the silence to finally drift away, someone gets excited in a chapel yard catches a bouquet, another lays a dozen white roses on a grave

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    I had the same problem but I just got my 3 people id shared with to deactivate my account on theres. I dont know why you cant do this, surely you remember who you gave your info too? If not your asking for trouble, what if they changed password etc? And btw dont be saft on the phone to them, id of got that sorted in 5mins. Not your fault a slots taken up by a broke ps3, they have to by law give u that slot back at least.

AryanPS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Damn, I'll end up screwing it up like I screwed up the phonecall earlier !!
    Have faith young padawan.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Im going to try again tomorrow..I have my fingers crossed !!
    Trophy-licious!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nad_The_Inhaler View Post
    LMAO! Give Dave some credited & read the full post as this is the first thing anyone would try
    Point taken

Why anyone would give their account details out and not know where they are, that's another story

Superior Member
    Im going to try again tomorrow..I have my fingers crossed !!
    Good luck - and only give them as little information as possible, don't admin to sharing your account

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Seriously what kind of hell am I in now !! Phoned up with all my details including serial number and proof of purchase and serial number. They still say they can't do anything about and the only thing I can do is go to a friend and deactivate it on their console, the only thing is what I'm not telling them is it is gamesharing on here and there is no way I can do it !!

Seriously !!? WHY ME, seems to be plenty of people who have gotten away with it on here !!
    Trophy-licious!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Finally got my game content back, JJ/Biosonic managed to deactivate my account on his PS3 and I was able to finally activate on mine.

Doubt I'll ever be able to use the Video Store again though because it only allows 1 activation and that is still on the old console.
    Trophy-licious!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Glad to heat that m8, hopefully sony can sort out the video part of it for ya now. 1 of my slots is still taken up by a broke ps3, guess I should try get this deactivated too before I end up in same trouble.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechwarrior3 View Post
    So? What's so ban-worthy about that? You stayed within the 5-console limit (at the time) and logged in on a friend's machine. Did they expect everyone to perhaps own 5 consoles? You can only reach the 5-console limit if you have friends and/or you have way too much money for your own good.

Also, can't Sony just deactivate the account that was connected to the broken one? It's not like you need to have your account deactivated on every PS3 you've ever logged into. You just need one deactivated.

/hopes you don't get banned
    hmm we have 3 ps3's in the house... and ive owned 2 more before that... i reached my max without going on a friends console XD

what i did was just call and tell them that the ps3 broke so there was no way for me to deactivate it... they did it right there.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    I know that this is a bit off topic but hear me out.
    What if you just want to play Resistance 2 on split screen at friends house and still get trophies? You still have to activate your account, so that would mean one less activation for you, even id you are not going to game share.
    Sony really should have thought this through. I wonder how does this work on the x console?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    what i did was just call and tell them that the ps3 broke so there was no way for me to deactivate it... they did it right there.
    I made a little experiment I tried to get my accounts reset, cause they were activated 5 times already.
    Anyway I managed to get my european PSN reset with just one email. My american PSN account however has been a hassle im up to 5 emails trying to explain that ive sent units back and have been unable to deactivate them.

I will have to see if they want reset my US PSN aswell so I can keep my content for myself in the future. From the way things are progressing im glad im not living in the US they seem to try to come up with any kind of explaination rather then just fixing the problem. (that isnt really a big deal)

PSN: Archiba
    Ps3 #2 10.02.15- 10.04.09 RIP | Ps3 #1 06 - 09.12.31 RIP

what did you say in the email?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiba View Post
    I made a little experiment I tried to get my accounts reset, cause they were activated 5 times already.
    Anyway I managed to get my european PSN reset with just one email. My american PSN account however has been a hassle im up to 5 emails trying to explain that ive sent units back and have been unable to deactivate them.

I will have to see if they want reset my US PSN aswell so I can keep my content for myself in the future. From the way things are progressing im glad im not living in the US they seem to try to come up with any kind of explaination rather then just fixing the problem. (that isnt really a big deal)

Superior Member
    I recently ran into a video deactivation problem myself.....old 20GB launch console YLOD last May & I was able to use the heat gun trick to salvage my newly purchased (1hr. into) Infamous game. I thought nothing of deactivating anything ( i've never gameshared & am only on my 2nd PS3). Until i got my GOW3 Ultimate edition last week, and went to claim my unearthing the legend documentary from the PS Store. It slammed me w/ the good old "Video is already activated on another console error".
    It took 2 emails to CS but it appears they will do it . I think you just have to get the right person. Here's my email & what they replied.......

Customer03/22/2010 11:28 AM I am contacting you to get an old (broken) Launch PS3 deactivated....i can no longer run it long enough to do so myself due to YLOD crash error after approx. 15 seconds. I would appreciate it if you could deactivate this PS3 & would be more than happy to provide serial# or anything else needed to deactivate it.
    Level 1: PS3 system
    Product Level 2: Service
    Category Level 1: How to Get Service
    Date Created: 03/22/2010 11:28 AM
    Last Updated: 03/23/2010 11:18 AM

-RESPONSE-
    Hello ,

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding your PlayStation(R)Network account activation. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are unable to access video content on your PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. Your request for video deactivation has been processed under Service Request Number 1-251083124. We ask that you please allow 24-48 hours for deactivation of your previous console. Please note, if you have reached the pre-determined limit for game activations (5), you must manually deactivate one of the other PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment systems from your account.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter.

Apprentice

i phoned playstaion and they sorted it over the phone for me

Loves Kat Von D
    So I got a replacement PS3 today for my broken one..I've ran into a pretty big snag though. I can't download anything because of the 5 console thing and I don't know what consoles my info is activated on. I tried phoning Sony and they said there was nothing they could do about and I would have to fix it myself.

Can anyone here help with this problem, I have bought so much stuff with my PSN ID and there is no way I am going to lose all that !!
    I haven't read this whol thread for replies.. I'm too caught up in wanting to tell you my story..

This exact thing happened to me just a few weeks ago. Been emailing Sony, they gave me crap. I started phoning them, made 2 girls cry and one guy actually hang up on me. Then they got back to me the other day and said basically I've registered my account 5 times (In a period of time where I had no internet, and/or no PS3, and none of my mates have PS3's!) and they can't sort it for me.
    I said "well I've obviously been hacked?!" to which the 'smart' Sony rep said "PSN is impossible to hack."
    LOLFAIL.
    If someone has my user name, published on this very site, and they read a few of my comments, they'd find out some details bout me and it's easy to get that secret question and reset the password etc.

But no, apparently it's impossible to do that. Somehow.

Anyway, end of the story, I had no other chpice but to make a new account. Good bye previous purchased games, content, saves.... It's a ****in joke.

So yeah mate, have fun restarting all your games.
    Add me. Half-Of-Zero.
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

Had a life upgrade, Ps4 time!

Electronic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    Dave, this is exactly how the convo went down with me.

Sony: Hi. How can I help you.

Me: Hi there. I've recently had my 4th PS3 break on me and have just recived my new one. (Lie)

Sony: Oh sorry to hear that.

Me: So, I went to the PSStore to try and re-download my things but it gave me some kind of error (Act dumb)

Sony: That'll be because we only allow you to re-download on 5 different systems.

Me: Oh is it? Is there anything I can do about that?

Sony: We can deactivate all your other consoles if you want?

Me: that be great, thanks!

Sony: No problem. It should be completed within 24 hours.

Etc.
    I wish I had your CS person on the line. I've called at least 4 times trying to get my account reset. They keep spitting the same BS at me. I can't deactivate unless it's sent in for service, and they can't do anything.

Maybe you could call for me...? Hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    ok i just sent CS an email to deactivate my accounts.. see what happens.. keeping fingers crossed...

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Thread Information