Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    HAHA All this PSP 2 info. I need to fall asleep and the wake up when E3 Starts. Only waking up for God of War 3 and Read Dead Redemption
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-green28 View Post
    HAHA All this PSP 2 info. I need to fall asleep and the wake up when E3 Starts. Only waking up for God of War 3 and Read Dead Redemption
    Now we just need a picture of what it looks like and pricing info.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baki View Post
    Now we just need a picture of what it looks like and pricing info.
    Yea but sadly If they truly are going to unveil it at E3 that's when we'll see. 4 months away
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Forum Sage
    Yea but sadly If they truly are going to unveil it at E3 that's when we'll see. 4 months away
    Lets hope for a Qore leak again.

Although I'm going to guess its going to have a similar design to the GO.

Superior Member
    Lets hope for a Qore leak again.

Although I'm going to guess its going to have a similar design to the GO.
    That would be fine aslong as they make it bigger though. Because my friend let me hold his, and my hands are way too big for the Go. IMO the PSP 2000 size was fine. I'm guessing 3000 was okay but any smaller than that is too small for me.

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haha, imagine if it didn't have two analog sticks, though. I wouldn't even bother calling it a successor to the PSP.

"NEXT-GODDAMN-GEN VISUALS, BUT YOU COULDN'T ADD TWO GODDAMN ANALOG STICKS GODDAMN!!!"
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Haha, imagine if it didn't have two analog sticks, though. I wouldn't even bother calling it a successor to the PSP.

"NEXT-GODDAMN-GEN VISUALS, BUT YOU COULDN'T ADD TWO GODDAMN ANALOG STICKS GODDAMN!!!"

That would be fine aslong as they make it bigger though. Because my friend let me hold his, and my hands are way too big for the Go. IMO the PSP 2000 size was fine. I'm guessing 3000 was okay but any smaller than that is too small for me.
    I agree. They should make it a 4" screen (bigger than GO, smaller than PSP) with slideout controls.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post

I think Sony learned their lesson the first time around. Because that would be amongst Sony's all time worst business desicions ever.

Superior Member
    I agree. They should make it a 4" screen (bigger than GO, smaller than PSP) with slideout controls.[/quote]

Yea that would be fine. And space the buttons very well. especially seeing that it's going to need more space to accomadate an inclusion of a second analog.

Ancient
    What, no pics?

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    What, no pics?
    At, or around E3 time most likely

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    What, no pics?
    Pics would probably require someone with deep access. Not to mention, aesthetic designs probably wouldn't be final now (but would be close to it).

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Games as memory cards/something like that = awesome win!!!

I only own about 15 PSP games, looks like I need to buy more before this baby comes out (if its all true of course) in early 2011 :P

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasib View Post
    This rumor is being substantiated by sites such as Eurogamer and DigitalFoundry citing 'internal sources'.

It seems something is coming now for sure. Five years and the time has come. However this time Sony have little chance in my opinion of upstaging the iPhone and iTouch. Tough days ahead.

As for the specification, power does not interest me, it will just make the job of third-parties harder. They really needed to make sure application wise it was top-notch. But they can hardly match Apple can they? I do not know, seems like Sony have no strategic orientation. If they think power will the answer again, they are really out of touch.
    I assume you know more product marketing and orientation than Sony do then?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Trophies for PSP2 games? :P

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    That would be awesome. One PSN account to rule them all.

Same friends list and everything, you could see what they are playing on (PSP or PS3), what game, trophies for all games, PSP games have plats, but PSN PSP games work like PSN games.

All sounds great to mee!!!

I'm still really happy that this rumour says PSP2 games will come on memory cards. I love my game boxes <3

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Games as memory cards/something like that = awesome win!!!

I only own about 15 PSP games, looks like I need to buy more before this baby comes out (if its all true of course) in early 2011 :P
    I think games on any carts will make the prices of games increase. While memory is cheaper and cheaper every day, the price of memory is still multiple times more expensive than optical media.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think games on any carts will make the prices of games increase. While memory is cheaper and cheaper every day, the price of memory is still multiple times more expensive than optical media.
    Optical media is less than 1 cent. Memory sticks are about 30 cents.

Superior Member

That should be implemented, as well as other PSN features found on PSN (friend list, background downloading, in game XMB, etc). Anyways, the rumored list sounds like a wishlist but it is the bare minimum that one can expect for a PSP2.

And since I have nothing to do, I'll say what I want for a PSP2 that would make me buy it day 0. I would expect 4G, online anywhere for the PSPhone SKU, portable projector like some phones have now (probably an add on), GPS. XMB Widgets and app support like those found in the bravia XMB (there's crackle, fearnet, hulu apps on bravia tvs, as well as useful widgets such as weather and finance, those would be even more useful on a portable). Make it an app store that 3rd parties could develop and add it there like on the iphone, could make it a tab on the overall PS Store. A music/music video store added to the Playstation store would also be welcome.

Gaming related, I'd want ability to play most PSN games (i.e. you buy Fat Princess and you can play on your PSP2 or PS3, and play against other users using either device, you could also work on your trophies using either device, obvious exceptions would be games like Burnout Paradise, Wipeout, etc). Obviously the PSP version's graphics and audio would be a little downgraded, but this would be awesome. Seeing as the PSP2 is obviously going to be BC, I would like for some of the more popular games (GOW, GTA, HSG2 - ok the last one is for me lol) to get a patch so that it would recognize when you're playing it on PSP2 and you could play with dual analog and maybe even trophy support and other PSN features like Custom Soundtrack.

OT - A lot of Gaffers on this forum lol

Superior Member
    Hopefully this psp2 has dual nubs

Forum Elder

i hope not ive only just bought another psp lol! whatever happens i hope to god they still use some form of physical media

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...-graphics.aspx

Guess you can use this as either further evidence for or against the PSP2 releasing this fall and its specs. Either the source in the OP used previous rumors/articles to come up with his/her own rumor of the PSP2 specs and release, or he/she actually heard the rumor from a reliable source which would suggest the other sources did as well.

Personally, I am leaning more towards this one being true(spec-wise). Perhaps not the release date, but I don't except it to be too far off from the rumored release date. I think a announcement/revealing at TGS this year and a release by or around Spring 2011 is more likely.

I also believe Nintendo's next handheld is going to be released this year. I believe it could be the ? platform for Sonic 4. Some have suggested it is for the iPhone /iPod/iPad, but I don't know why they would have to keep that a secret.

PSU Technical Advisor
    This thing has some fairly impressive specs for a handheld graphic solution.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    This thing has some fairly impressive specs for a handheld graphic solution.
    Eh looking at some of the laptop GPUs coming out now, I'm not that surprised with the theoretical power it's claiming to have.

Whether or not the rumor is true or rather accurate, we can say for sure that Sony will go all out in the graphics department. The current PSP can do fairly impressive graphics as is when care is taken into development. There's no sense releasing a brand new platform unless there will be a massive increase in power.

Thread Information