Latest PSU headlines:

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 97107
Results 2,651 to 2,671 of 2671
  1. #2651
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,747
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    14,772 (0 Banked)
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Well actually 2 years because it'll get confused again when it thinks its a leap year but isn't.
    2 years is actually a leap year though

    Quote Originally Posted by GT5 View Post
    Sony *has* four years (unless you say the people at Sony have...)

    what i dont understand is why the hell it thinks this year is a leap year... why not last year or next year?
    even numbers ? nobody really knows.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  2. #2652
    Jigglypuff does not approve
    UziPinkyRing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    33 (0 Banked)
    Woot! This thread is still alive. What the hell are you guys discussing now ?

  3. #2653
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    info taken from another site but makes interesting reading:

    I have been reading all the responses and claims people have been making about the error all over the internet
    What people have managed to establish so far is the following:

    The PS3 has two clocks
    A system clock
    And a OS clock

    When you boot your PS3 up, the system clock says (or should say), "Its March 01 2010, set yourself as March 01 2010 mr OS"
    The system clock is always running and never stops, even when your PS3 is off, it has a backup battery and recharges when your PS3 is on
    Basically, it runs 24/7 counting upwards
    The clock can not be altered by software or by hacking it and it only counts upwards
    NOW, the system clock thinks there's a Feb 29th, so instead of rolling over to March 1st, it went over to Feb 29th and now when it tries to compare the system clock with the OS clock when you load your PS3 up, the OS clock thinks, "wooooo ahh, **bleep** is going on here" and it sets it to 1999

    PS3 models affected:
    CECHA01 - affected
    CECHE01 - affected
    CECHG01 - affected
    CECHH01 - affected
    CECHK01 - affected
    CECHL01 - not affected
    CECHP01 - not affected

    Now, there's two solutions:
    A. Kill the system clock so it restarts (you do this by taking the battery out in your PS3 + void your warranty)
    B. Wait till March 2nd and hope that the clock flicks over to March 1st

    Now the above is what everyone is talking about on the internet, but from my knowledge, I can tell you we are possibly looking at a mass recall by Sony

    Why? Because as I said the system clock only counts UPWARDS and never downwards
    And it is fully protected, even if Sony came to your house and done a hyper visor call on your PS3 to reset your clock, it wouldn't work
    The ONLY way to reset the clock is to take out the battery, thus, voiding your warranty
    Firmware update would also resolve NOTHING because its not a software issue, the software is perfect, its a hardware issue

    Even if Sony worked some miracle and brought out an update, 50% of PS3 users don't even have internet access, or no internet on their PS3's, so how will they update? USB? Game disc?

    The fact of the matter is Sony is in great trouble, they don't know where they are going to end up after this

    So what WILLSony do?
    Easy answer, wait until 12:01AM GMT (the system clock runs in GMT no matter what timezone you are in) and hope that the system clock flicks over to March 1st
    But what if it flips over to February 30th?
    Then Sony will have no choice but to do a recall, because as explained before it is unpatchable and there is no working solution unless you void your warranty

    So it looks like we will all have PS3 Slims with no backwards compatibility and no linux and we will have no gaming in our living rooms for the next 3 months

    All thanks to Sony Computer Entertainment

    Brilliant Sony, you really outdid yourselves this time

    Not to mention the hundreds of court cases they'll have to go through
    Imagine if you had bought a PS3 on February 28th
    And then the next day, BAM, its a useless media player

  4. #2654
    Elite Guru
    HaTriX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,189
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    126 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster75 View Post
    you think so?! your not the one with a 300 paperweight sitting here, my unit was fine from day one and is now 3 years old and has never had anything go wrong with it, all was fine until this calendar bug. people keep saying it's just a calendar glitch but who's to say how much damage was done to the internals from this programming error? the whole system runs via timed processes when this processes is compromised units fail to communicate properly and damage to the boards occur.
    No, it doesn't.

    Your OS isn't going to physically harm your hardware unless it was doing something such as overclocking.

    It just won't happen. And any PRACTICAL OS will be designed with automatic shut down in case of possible hardware damage. You know, like a BSOD.


    Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

  5. #2655
    Superior Member
    CaptainWaits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,405 (0 Banked)
    K...I haven't been on my PS3 since last Saturday, because I keep it at my parents house so it's not to distract me during University (I have enough distractions....). I have the oldest 60GB model, got it the day I registered here, so is it safe to turn on anytime now??

    I just don't want to have to read up on this whole ordeal, I'd appreciate an easy answer, thanks.

  6. #2656
    SnowHawk
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaits View Post
    K...I haven't been on my PS3 since last Saturday, because I keep it at my parents house so it's not to distract me during University (I have enough distractions....). I have the oldest 60GB model, got it the day I registered here, so is it safe to turn on anytime now??

    I just don't want to have to read up on this whole ordeal, I'd appreciate an easy answer, thanks.
    It was always safe to turn your ps3 on.

  7. #2657
    Superior Member
    CaptainWaits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,405 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    It was always safe to turn your ps3 on.
    Well where does the problem reside??

    ....maybe I should do myself a favor and do some damn reading

  8. #2658
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaits View Post
    Well where does the problem reside??

    ....maybe I should do myself a favor and do some damn reading
    The problem was only occuring during the 1st of March, when the PS3 OS thought that it was February 29th, when the hardware clock was telling it differently.

    This fixed itself when March 1st GMT time rolled around, and it is completely safe to use your PS3 now.

  9. #2659
    Superior Member
    CaptainWaits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,405 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortel View Post
    The problem was only occuring during the 1st of March, when the PS3 OS thought that it was February 29th, when the hardware clock was telling it differently.

    This fixed itself when March 1st GMT time rolled around, and it is completely safe to use your PS3 now.
    Thank you

  10. #2660
    Apprentice
    STLunat1K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    135 (0 Banked)
    I take everything negative i said back cause i REFLOWED my PS3 and it's working again YAY! PEACE OUT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #2661
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    796 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster75 View Post
    info taken from another site but makes interesting reading:

    I have been reading all the responses and claims people have been making about the error all over the internet
    What people have managed to establish so far is the following:

    The PS3 has two clocks
    A system clock
    And a OS clock

    When you boot your PS3 up, the system clock says (or should say), "Its March 01 2010, set yourself as March 01 2010 mr OS"
    The system clock is always running and never stops, even when your PS3 is off, it has a backup battery and recharges when your PS3 is on
    Basically, it runs 24/7 counting upwards
    The clock can not be altered by software or by hacking it and it only counts upwards
    NOW, the system clock thinks there's a Feb 29th, so instead of rolling over to March 1st, it went over to Feb 29th and now when it tries to compare the system clock with the OS clock when you load your PS3 up, the OS clock thinks, "wooooo ahh, **bleep** is going on here" and it sets it to 1999

    PS3 models affected:
    CECHA01 - affected
    CECHE01 - affected
    CECHG01 - affected
    CECHH01 - affected
    CECHK01 - affected
    CECHL01 - not affected
    CECHP01 - not affected

    Now, there's two solutions:
    A. Kill the system clock so it restarts (you do this by taking the battery out in your PS3 + void your warranty)
    B. Wait till March 2nd and hope that the clock flicks over to March 1st

    Now the above is what everyone is talking about on the internet, but from my knowledge, I can tell you we are possibly looking at a mass recall by Sony

    Why? Because as I said the system clock only counts UPWARDS and never downwards
    And it is fully protected, even if Sony came to your house and done a hyper visor call on your PS3 to reset your clock, it wouldn't work
    The ONLY way to reset the clock is to take out the battery, thus, voiding your warranty
    Firmware update would also resolve NOTHING because its not a software issue, the software is perfect, its a hardware issue

    Even if Sony worked some miracle and brought out an update, 50% of PS3 users don't even have internet access, or no internet on their PS3's, so how will they update? USB? Game disc?

    The fact of the matter is Sony is in great trouble, they don't know where they are going to end up after this

    So what WILLSony do?
    Easy answer, wait until 12:01AM GMT (the system clock runs in GMT no matter what timezone you are in) and hope that the system clock flicks over to March 1st
    But what if it flips over to February 30th?
    Then Sony will have no choice but to do a recall, because as explained before it is unpatchable and there is no working solution unless you void your warranty

    So it looks like we will all have PS3 Slims with no backwards compatibility and no linux and we will have no gaming in our living rooms for the next 3 months

    All thanks to Sony Computer Entertainment

    Brilliant Sony, you really outdid yourselves this time

    Not to mention the hundreds of court cases they'll have to go through
    Imagine if you had bought a PS3 on February 28th
    And then the next day, BAM, its a useless media player
    well summed up although missing one version

    CECHC03 model which is mine is out of sync.

    Although SONY maybe able to flash the bios but hedge a bet its only write once rom chip as its part of the protection.

    SONY will likely be forced kicking and screaming to recall all FATS for replacement of errored chip.

    For peeps moaning its OVER ITs not some have merely just clock out but even so there potential for hidden issues.

    Sony cant be allowed to sweep it under the carpet doing sweat FA on design fault. Alright they say done servers but they crashed because of the fats failing.

    Some believe experienced complete locked up machines as it thinking breeching security and some have ended up with YLOD and sony demanding payment of repair is absolute disgusting atitude. Basically the Sync cause a range of problems

  12. #2662
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,868
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    445 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Do you have any technical data to back up this? I somehow doubt that the clock, and the only process that is done to it is subtracting or adding the time-zone to/from the 00:00 time..would be cause for a system-wide recall of affected units. Computers have a clock on them, which also keeps time when the power is off..and can be reset by removing the CMOS battery...but if the clock gets out of sync with the internet time, then it doesn't tear the machine up..you just simply set the time manually. And still it's only figuring the time minus the time zone selected.


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  13. #2663
    Superior Member
    StealthKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    412 (0 Banked)
    What are these people talking about???

    I turned on my original 60GB unit before I read Sony's notice to "not use the PS3 for now".

    When I turned it on, anything needing the PSN stopped working.

    So I turned it off and waited until the notices went out about the "all clear".

    When I turned my system back on everything seems to be working fine again.

    I feel for anybody that gets YLOD at any time but... trying to say this bug caused it??? I don't buy it. Coincidental failure (which sucks to be sure), nothing more.
    The Cake is... stale?

  14. #2664
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,654
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    1,695 (0 Banked)
    BTW, the PSN wsn't down... for all that's interested.

  15. #2665
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    stealth kat you may be one of the lucky ones but there are machines out there since this bug that are unplayable, some people have got YLOD and me personally my ps3 will no longer play/recognise any discs or play any downloaded games. sony have admitted that there was a programming error to which is down to a faulty chip, so the machines sony have sold to us are faulty! no matter how old your machine is it is a fault on behalf of sony. for people who say it was just a bug do you know what internal damage it has done? who to say a security issue hasn't come into play and caused these machines to malfunction? timing issues are important and can cause serious issues when not running in sync with one another. just to use this as an example if your cars engine timing was out it will cause serious damage to the engine and be totally unusable.

  16. #2666
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,868
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    445 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    This is making absolutely zero sense. People's PS3's have failed due to YLOD way before this clock issue, and now everyone that gets it has blamed the clocking being off to be the fault of their failing piece of equipment? My PS3 had the SAME bug as everyone elses..and I've alreayd put OVER 20 hours on BFBC2, not to mention the time I played SP, and the time my wife has spent playing BFBC2....

    Want to convince this 10+ year technical savvy guru ...you're going to have to bring more to the table than "The clock caused this because I THINK it's tied to the system in a way that will cause them to fault"
    The clock is NOT tied to the processor, SPEs..etc in a manner that would cause equipment failure. NO CLOCK IS TIED TO a motherboard that way. And until someone that has more technical knowledge than I do can tell me how the clock is tied in (because of your OWN personal findings on the PS3's architecture..not what you HEARD via interweb forum)..then to read this garbage is just plain humorous.
    Anyone with common sense should know that clock don't run cars..clocks don't run computers, and clocks don't run PS3's. Y2K was a totally different type of bug...not even REMOTELY similar. This "glitch" was just a disagreement with the PSN time and the time on your machine, causing a disconnect..and my clock read wrong just like everyone elses did..but my wife didn't lose any trophies (and she was ONLINE WHEN THIS HAPPENED)..neither did I lose anything.
    My ps3 has locked up on BF2 ONCE in my 20+ hours of playing..but who's put that much time into that game without an online lockup?


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  17. #2667
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    796 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    This is making absolutely zero sense. People's PS3's have failed due to YLOD way before this clock issue, and now everyone that gets it has blamed the clocking being off to be the fault of their failing piece of equipment? My PS3 had the SAME bug as everyone elses..and I've alreayd put OVER 20 hours on BFBC2, not to mention the time I played SP, and the time my wife has spent playing BFBC2....

    Want to convince this 10+ year technical savvy guru ...you're going to have to bring more to the table than "The clock caused this because I THINK it's tied to the system in a way that will cause them to fault"
    The clock is NOT tied to the processor, SPEs..etc in a manner that would cause equipment failure. NO CLOCK IS TIED TO a motherboard that way. And until someone that has more technical knowledge than I do can tell me how the clock is tied in (because of your OWN personal findings on the PS3's architecture..not what you HEARD via interweb forum)..then to read this garbage is just plain humorous.
    Anyone with common sense should know that clock don't run cars..clocks don't run computers, and clocks don't run PS3's. Y2K was a totally different type of bug...not even REMOTELY similar. This "glitch" was just a disagreement with the PSN time and the time on your machine, causing a disconnect..and my clock read wrong just like everyone elses did..but my wife didn't lose any trophies (and she was ONLINE WHEN THIS HAPPENED)..neither did I lose anything.
    My ps3 has locked up on BF2 ONCE in my 20+ hours of playing..but who's put that much time into that game without an online lockup?
    you are correct they did but these were FAULTY machines a small pocket of Ps3's which had hardware faults you are assuming ALL FATS have FAULTS which will cause YLOD anytime soon and that just as stupid as saying all slims in 2 years time will all die of YLOD there is MANY out there including mine and yours which are not got YLOD. What you saying we all should never by launch models as they inferior they just as reliable as SLIM. YLOD failures since Sync there no EVidence EITHER WAY. Thats not to say we should put our heads in the sand and assume these are FAULTY as pre-Sync launches.

    But there is one WE are in UKNOWN territory what will happen you cant persume either way. The safe solution is for SONY admit they need to RECALL them and do the honourable thing to repair them. If it was fine to have out sync clocks would we all be running out of Sync.

    For thos who resident in UK you should be able to FORCE a replacement or repair as they breach sales of goods act. You covered for 6 YEARS if there inherently Faulty.

    Full LEGAL

    http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/cons...page38311.html

    Sale of Goods Act Fact Sheet

    Subject:

    Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.
    Relevant or Related Legislation:

    Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.
    Key Facts:

    Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).
    Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.
    Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.
    It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.
    If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on cir***stances)
    For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).
    A purchaser who is a consumer, i.e. is not buying in the course of a business, can alternatively request a repair or replacement.
    If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then the consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the good, or a full refund if the fault/s have meant they have enjoyed no benefit
    In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years).
    If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)
    After six months and until the end of the six years, it is for the consumer to prove the lack of conformity.
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


    1. What is an inherent fault?
    2. Do I only have rights for 30 [or some other number] days after purchase?
    3. Are all goods supposed to last six (or five) years?
    4. I know I can demand my money back within a "reasonable time" but how long is that?
    5. After the "reasonable time has passed", what can I do?
    6. Is it true that I have to complain to the manufacturer?
    7. Do I have to produce a receipt?
    8. Can I claim a refund on sale items?
    9. Must I accept a credit note instead of a refund?
    10. What can I do to claim damages or if the retailer will not honour my rights?
    11. The retailer has claimed that a repair is "disproportionately costly" and insists I accept a replacement as an alternative. Must I accept this?
    12. Neither repair nor replacement are possible. What can I do?
    13. What will the "reversed burden of proof" mean for the consumer?
    14. Where can I get further advice?

    -------------------------
    Q1. What is an inherent fault?

    A fault present at the time of purchase. Examples are:
    an error in design so that a product is manufactured incorrectly
    an error in manufacturing where a faulty component was inserted.
    The "fault" may not become apparent immediately but it was there at the time of sale and so the product was not of satisfactory standard.
    Q2. Do I only have rights for 30 (or some other figure) days after purchase?

    No. Depending on cir***stances, you might be too late to have all your money back after this time, but the trader will still be liable for any breaches of contract, such as the goods being faulty. In fact, the trader could be liable to compensate you for up to six years.
    Q3. Are all goods supposed to last six (or five) years?

    No, that is the limit for bringing a court case in England and Wales (five years from the time of discovery in Scotland's case). An item only needs to last as long as it is reasonable to expect it to, taking into account all the factors. An oil filter would usually not last longer than a year but that would not mean it was unsatisfactory.
    Q4. I know I can demand my money back within a "reasonable time" but how long is that?

    The law does not specify a precise time as it will vary for most sales contracts as all the factors need to be taken into account to be fair to all sides. The pair of everyday shoes may only have a few days before the period expires but a pair of skis, purchased in a Summer Sale, may be allowed a longer period by a court.
    Q5. After the "reasonable time" has passed, what can I do?

    You may seek damages, which would be the amount of money necessary to have the goods repaired or replaced. Frequently retailers will themselves offer repair or replacement. But, if you are a consumer (not making the purchase in the course of a business) you have the statutory right to seek a repair or replacement as an alternative to seeking damages.
    Q6. Is it true that I have to complain to the manufacturer?

    No. You bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract (unless he was acting as the manufacturer's agent).
    Q7. Do I have to produce a receipt to claim my rights?

    No. In fact the trader doesn't have to give you a receipt in the first place so it would be unfair to say that you had to produce one. However, it might not be unreasonable for the shop to want some proof of purchase, so look to see if you have a cheque stub, bank statement, credit card slip etc., and this should be sufficient.
    Q8. Can I claim a refund on sale items?

    It depends on why you want to return them. The Sale of Goods Act still applies, but you are not entitled to a refund if you were told of the faults before purchase, or if the fault should have been obvious to you. Also, you are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind about liking the goods.
    Q9. Must I accept a credit note instead of a refund?

    It depends on why you want to return the goods.
    If you have changed your mind, then the shop doesn't have to do anything.
    But if the goods are faulty, incorrectly described or not fit for purpose, then you are entitled to your money back (provided you act quickly), and you certainly don't have to take a credit note
    If you do accept a credit note in these cir***stances, watch out, as there may be restrictions on their use.
    If the shop displays a sign stating they only give credit notes instead of refunds, they might be breaking the law and you could report them to Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06. Consumers in Northern Ireland should contact Consumer Line on 0845 600 6262.
    Q10. What can I do to claim damages or if the retailer will not honour my rights?

    The Small Claims Court procedure provides the means to bring a claim, for up to 5000 (in England and Wales), at modest cost and without the need for a solicitor. Your local Citizens Advice Bureau can advise on how to make a claim.
    Q11. The retailer has said that a repair is "disproportionately costly" and insists I accept a replacement as an alternative. Must I accept this?

    Yes, and vice versa if you request a replacement and this is "disproportionately costly". However, remember any remedy has to be carried out "without significant inconvenience" and within a "reasonable time" for the consumer. Remember that you could also seek damages instead.
    Q12. Neither repair nor replacement of the goods are possible. What can I do?

    You may either pursue the old route of damages or a partial or full refund. Probably either would give you exactly the same amount of money. You would seek a full refund in scenarios such as those where you had enjoyed absolutely no benefit from the goods. If you had benefited from them then you would seek a partial refund as a fair remedy. This is exactly the reasoning that would be employed if you sought damages.
    Q13. What does the "reversed burden of proof" mean for the consumer?

    It means that for the first six months the consumer need not produce any evidence that a product was inherently faulty at the time of sale. If a consumer is seeking any other remedy the burden of proof remains with him/her.
    In such a case, the retailer will either accept there was an inherent fault, and will offer a remedy, or he will dispute that it was inherently flawed. If the latter, when he inspects the product to analyse the cause, he may, for example, point out impact damage or stains that would be consistent with it having been mistreated in such a way as to bring about the fault.
    This reversal of the usual burden of proof only applies when the consumer is seeking a repair or replacement. After the first six months the onus of proof is again on the consumer.
    Q14. Where can I get further advice?

    Contact Consumer Direct at: www.consumerdirect.gov.uk (Tel: 08454 04 05 06). Consumers in Northern Ireland should contact Consumer Line on 0845 600 6262

  18. #2668
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,868
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    445 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Just to displace any confusion...i am not saying either way ..I'm just saying what makes sense and what doesn't. It doesn't make sense to blame YLOD Ps3's since the sync issue on a faulty device..that's absurd, when the YLOD existed before this conflict occured.

    I really don't see the point in continuing to dwell on the subject..we all got our opinion..nothing is going to sway mine, as my common sense approach isn't swaying anyone's either..so be it. Think what you want about it all..believe in the conspiracy theories and the totally absurd idea that a CLOCK is tied to how the processor and components deal with data execution.


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  19. #2669
    Teh Spamfather
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PSN ID
    Azurium
    Posts
    865
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    1,463 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Killzone 3PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayonlysony View Post
    He means you should earn a new trophy, and then re-sync your trophies in XMB. Sometimes playing a game for a while brings your trophies back.
    yeh i actually got it
    Quote Originally Posted by mertle View Post


    no but someone at sony towers will.

    I just thinking where this junior programmer is now I would guess this would been programmed along time ago 7 years 8 years back possible and usually stuff like this is given to new recruits in businesses. In 7 eight years this programmer is likely no on harder routines .

    I worried what else he programmed sony may need
    yeh i hope it's gonna be that mad little *b*l*e*e*p* who designed ps3 slim
    c'mon if my granny designed it it would look thrice as good as it does
    this is no anti-ps3 comment cuz i actually hate x-box
    i'm quite sure this will infract me so ima say...er...i had a seizure while writing this.

    No reason to click.
    My signature is a shameless attempt to get into [val]'s pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by [valium] View Post
    banned because your right, but it doesnt matter because ps3forums is against me and everytime i upload something its the size of an m&m

  20. #2670
    Dedicated Member
    DaveNI1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cookstown, Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    3,023 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by mertle View Post
    For thos who resident in UK you should be able to FORCE a replacement or repair as they breach sales of goods act. You covered for 6 YEARS if there inherently Faulty.
    After reading your post I thought I might as well email sony about my broken fat ps3 i have sitting around, (i bought a slim just after christmas the day it broke as on phone sony were looking 131 pound and after my luck with the last refurb i thought no chance) and quoted the sales of goods act to them. Here is what they replied with just now.

    Dear Mr *******,

    Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding PlayStation 3.

    As you are aware, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) provides a twelve month warranty on our products. During this time, should the product develop a fault or cease functioning through normal use we will repair or replace the product free of charge as per the guarantee that accompanies PlayStation 3.

    Having said that, we do have flexibility in our warranty adherence policy and endeavour to ensure that we deal with each of our consumers as fairly as possible. However, the length of time that has elapsed since your warranty ended goes beyond any margin we could entertain, without seriously undermining our warranty policy and as such in this instance, we are only able to offer a replacement console at a cost of 131.00. I would take this opportunity to reiterate that this covers the logistical cost of supplying you with a replacement unit and that Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) makes no profit from this service.

    In addition, the UK 'Sale of Goods Act (1979)' that you have quoted deals with consumer rights under the contract of sale. This directive provides recourse for consumers when dealing with a retailer. As such, should you wish to pursue this matter under the 'Sale of Goods Act (1979)', you should seek further recourse from your retailer with whom your contract of sale lies.

    Again, I fully understand your frustration in this matter and I understand that the failure of any product is very disappointing. However, for an exchange of a unit that is out of its guarantee period, we have to levy the charge outlined above. Once again I can confirm that this is our final position on this matter and that we are unable to make an exception in this case.

    If you would like to take advantage of this service, please contact PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595 quoting reference number ******, where a member of our team will be happy to make the necessary arrangements for you.


    Best regards,


    Alexander Tomlinson
    PlayStation Consumer Care Team
    Sony Computer Entertainment UK


    So I guess sales of goods act doesnt stand for much in sonys eyes. Im out over 700 on hardware, The 1st playstation I bought on launch day lasted 14 months which they replaced free, the refurb lasted 1 year. Its this refurb that I a tried to get them to fix for free.

  21. #2671
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I heard psn error was fixed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.