Latest PSU headlines:

Dedicated Member

Codemasters announce International Cricket 2010

Codies names new cricket title

International Cricket 2010 in development for Xbox 360 and PS3

Codemasters wants to recreate its Ashes success this summer when it releases a brand new cricket title.

International Cricket 2010 is being developed for Xbox 360 and PS3, and is the latest title to come out of Codies’ 15-year association with the sport.

The publisher previously released last year’s chart-topping Ashes title and the Brian Lara series.

IC 2010 is being developed by Australian studio Trickstar Games and boasts a wealth of new modes and options.

“With a focus on taking gamers into the action like never before, International Cricket 2010 will deliver the most authentic cricket gaming yet,” said Codemasters producer John Szoke.

“Codemasters enjoys an unrivalled heritage in producing cricket games and International Cricket 2010 will build on this success.”

Trickstar Games’ studio director Tony Parkes added: “We’re delighted to partner with Codemasters to develop the next leap forward in cricket gaming.

“Our passionate team of industry veterans, which includes development talent who have worked on the Brian Lara series and Ashes 2009, is determined to deliver the most immersive and intuitive cricket experience for all fans of the sport.”
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38069/Codi...-cricket-title

Will they use PS Move?

Not that I care much.

Dedicated Member
    Out this summer, so I doubt it.

Apprentice
    these make hopeless cricket games, no rights which means no real names (which doesn't bother me too much) but it's the lack of domestic cricket that makes me want another EA cricket game

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Dedicated Member
    Screenshots

Top of the new-feature list is Action Cam, which captures the "on-pitch drama, intensity and excitement of fiercely competitive international cricket". Yes, if you say so. And this will be in addition to normal camera angles.

Another stand-out new feature will be full analogue-stick batting control dubbed Power Stick. This should measure both the speed and direction of your thumb twiddles and faithfully translate that to the game.

Playable in International Cricket 2010 will be 16 nations, including the authentic English, Welsh and Australian squads, because those are the three countries whose cricket organisations backed the game. And if that doesn't suit you, there's a player editor and squad editor to tinker with.

Game modes have been bolstered with new instant tournaments, and there'll be online multiplayer with tea breaks, probably.

Master Poster
    hopefully it'll be the PES of cricket!

Master Guru
    Good news!

Brian Lara games were quality!!

Dedicated Member

I might get this game, I need one for the PS3, but the last good cricket game was Shane Warne '99, now that was awesome

Thread Information