Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    To the average consumer 3D is a much greater difference than SD>HD was.
    That is unfortunately true.

For most people HDTV means, bigger screen and flat TV, and lastly it might mean higher quality.

Most I know haven't upgraded their digital subscriptions to HD channels. Heck most of them still pirate SD material to see on HDTVs.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    If it's stereoscopic 3D then you should be able to use the same glasses that you're given at the theater.
    Ahh.. I gotcha. I'll admit it hasn't been important enough to me to look into it properly. I've just seen price tags being associated with it, and that throws me off instantly. I'll not buy into a tech until it's matured a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ahh.. I gotcha. I'll admit it hasn't been important enough to me to look into it properly. I've just seen price tags being associated with it, and that throws me off instantly. I'll not buy into a tech until it's matured a little bit more.
    The 3D in the theater and the 3D on your new TV at home will not be the same. The 3D effect in the theater I believe is called polarized, and it happens at the projector side. In your home, your glasses have an ir reciever that receives an 120 hz signal from your tv and the lenses will actually shutter opened closes/ on off. This tech the screen on your tv does the 3d and the shuttering of the lenses back and forth on the glasses creates the 3d effect in your brain. hope that made sense. in summary, no theater glasses won't work at home.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I doubt it..I hope 3D dies a horribly fiery death.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Guru
    Today I was at an exhibition here in Melbourne, Australia (for those in the area it was at ACMI) where I finally got my eyes on a 3D screen that didn't require glasses AND it actually worked fairly well. It was standard definition and was still a bit off in terms of colour and finer details but it has come a very long way.

Personally that is where 3D will really take off once they can get the resolution up, prices down and figure out the last few little kinks. When this does happen this is when 3D will finally hit the tipping point and become a permanent main stream device.

I consider it having the same time frame as LCD screens had. They started out flimsy and fairly unattractive but over about 10-15 years it should finally be just as good if not better than current glasses technology. The glasses issue will only be a temporary hurdle along the road in this field.

People are quick to rush into this field but I am personally waiting until the technology is just a that bit more mature.

Anyone remember playing contra 3D? 3D games weren't that bad back in the day, I always ended up losing the damn paper glasses though. That and the red blue blur images made it so someone trying to watch you play had to wear glasses too and I only had one pair, so they were out of luck.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    That is unfortunately true.

For most people HDTV means, bigger screen and flat TV, and lastly it might mean higher quality.

Most I know haven't upgraded their digital subscriptions to HD channels. Heck most of them still pirate SD material to see on HDTVs.
    In their defense the file size is about 1/3, video is typically ripped from a 16:9 feed anyway. It's been scaled down to about 360p. It's more economical

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I doubt it..I hope 3D dies a horribly fiery death.
    Why? Do you really have a justified reason other than that tried old "happy with what we have" methodology that keeps our grandparents afraid of computers?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Why? Do you really have a justified reason other than that tried old "happy with what we have" methodology that keeps our grandparents afraid of computers?

I know this question wasn't aimed at me but 4 of us went to the cinema and watched avatar 3D, The movie was amazing but the glasses ruined it for us all. They were uncomfortable and made the movie very hard to see. I will never watch another 3D movie again unless they can fix the glasses problem.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I think i'll wait for 3D without glasses >< THAT would be cool and easy
    I agree. I'd rather not play games while wearing glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I agree. I'd rather not play games while wearing glasses.

You'll be dead before that happens. or if for that matter...

Master Sage

Quote Originally Posted by JaredT View Post
    You'll be dead before that happens. or if for that matter...
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=3dtv+without+glasses

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    I know this question wasn't aimed at me but 4 of us went to the cinema and watched avatar 3D, The movie was amazing but the glasses ruined it for us all. They were uncomfortable and made the movie very hard to see. I will never watch another 3D movie again unless they can fix the glasses problem.
    6 of us went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D and had no issues.

Maybe there's a different company making the glasses in Ireland, but I had no issues with comfort and I wear glasses all the time. The glasses tinted the visual a little bit, but without being able to compare to non-3D I feel like the brightness/gamma was upped to compensate.

PSN ID
    nhOmega
    Frankly I haven't even went to HDTV. I might once I think it's worth the money and all the insane energy use.

So I guess 3DTV is out of the question as well

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I refuse to spend more than $20 on a good pair of these glasses that cost upwards of $150 or more. That alone will keep me from 3d gaming or movies.
    Me either. If they would make 3d work without glasses, I would be more interested.

59sFinest
    I know Sony has said the ps3 will be upgraded to 3d, Ive read that it will not be able to deliver full 1080p 3d resolution when it comes to Blu Ray movies. 3d requires hdmi 1.4 and although the ps3 is getting the firmware upgrade, the hdmi 1.3 currently installed in the ps3 will only be able to deliver 1080i during playback.

Ultimate Veteran
    only rich people with nothing else better to do with there money are buying these
    3-d sets

Dedicated Member
    I've had my HDTV a year.....not planning on upgrading it at least until they remove the need for the glasses....I find wearing glasses over my prescription glasses is irritating and clunky.

Thread Information