Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

LBP GOTY edition - will my original save work?

So basically I want to get the GOTY edition but will sell my original to put towards it, but will my original save work? I don't want to have to re 100% all the levels.

Also, I have 1 of the MGS packs which are on the disc, so should I delete my DLC and redownload it all except for that one pack?

Finally, it since the latest update is on the disc (or an older update like 1.20 for example), so I'm guessing I delete the update data inside the 'Game Data' folder?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Loves Kat Von D
    Good question.. I've just made a new account however and had to replay the entire game again, and lost my levels I created. And costume designs etc...
    So if I had to do it AGAIN if I get the GOTY copy, I'd be irate.

I think tradin in the original copy n gettin the new one will be worth it, since I haven't bought any DLC anyway, and always wanted the MGS ones...
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

I don't really post here these days..

Playing GTA5/Online. Add me for a game?

Forum Elder
    That is a good question, never thought about that. But your old save should work, I mean it's the same exact game, just includes the DLC.

As for the game data, I don't know. If you can confirm that all of the updates are already included in the disk then I say just go ahead and delete it. But it will suck if it isn't and you'll have to re-download everything.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montevista View Post
    That is a good question, never thought about that. But your old save should work, I mean it's the same exact game, just includes the DLC.

As for the game data, I don't know. If you can confirm that all of the updates are already included in the disk then I say just go ahead and delete it. But it will suck if it isn't and you'll have to re-download everything.
    The updates are definitely on the disc but I don't mind redownloading them, I just don't want to lose my save/levels.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The updates are definitely on the disc but I don't mind redownloading them, I just don't want to lose my save/levels.
    If you are worried about losing your levels I suggest you publish them. Just remember to publish them locked, that way nobody will have access to them besides you. And you can copy them back to your moon and edit them whenever you want. That way they will never be lost.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Looks like I'll take the gamble. I'll backup my save/levels and hope for the best.

Superior Member
    If there was a problem with game saves not being compatible I think we would've seen an uproar last year when the US got their GOTY. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. And anything on the disc that's more updated than what you have on your HDD will prompt you to update via net or disc, so you don't need to delete any Game Data files. The game install will also basically re-install any packs/levels you purchase through PSN as well. Everything should be smooth and you shouldn't lose anything that you've already created or saved.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Didn't see it until this morning or I'd have posted earlier.

I can confirm that the GOTY edition of LBP will be seemless w/ existing game saves and levels created. Your moon will still have your levels (published or not) and you'll still have all your stickers, all your Trophy information, so on and so forth.

I was a bit worried about this, as I had borrowed a friends LBP disc (he had my PoP) for about 5 months, and I had created a couple levels and done most things possible in the game (one level I still can't get through ;0) and I gave the disc back, for the Holiday's I bought the GOTY edition, and was pleasantly surprised when after I installed and updated it, everything was just as I left it, just had the new added features.

TAZ427

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Great! Will put my original on amazon now then.

Superior Member
    That's good to know then! I was thinking of getting the GOTY edition to save money from all the DLC that was released before the GOTY edition came out.

PSN ID
    blueice604
    help

I bought a new ps3 and changed the original copy to GOTY. However, after I transferred the old backups to the new ps3 console and started to play the GOTY, I couldn't use the old saves and the profiles become brand new.

Is there any way to get around this?

PSN ID
    blueice604
    Nobody helped, but I figured it out...I just needed to import. If anyone ever has the same problem, try import.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    So basically you bought the game from a different region from your original?

Thread Information