Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Darji
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinen View Post
    Did they confirm Move functionality for GT5? And how the hell would it benefit from Move too?

Oh man, God knows what these people are waiting for. From the way things are going, i won't be at all suprised if they release the game in 3 segments, first part of the game this year, next part in 5 years, and last part... never... because releasing it will annoy Kaz.

FFS........ I'm pissed at PD big time! They're just looking for ways to annoy gamers now. And who the hell cares about NASCAR anyway?
    Move could be used for head tracking while you are using the $#@!pitview.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It wouldn't be the ultimate simulation racer without Nascar or Rally, or whatever else.

The more racing content this game has the better.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

SixAxisRumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Darji View Post
    Wouldnt that be the Eye Toy that does that? Move is the 2 hand controllers that get bundled with the Eye Toy?

Darji
    Quote Originally Posted by SixAxisRumble View Post
    Wouldnt that be the Eye Toy that does that? Move is the 2 hand controllers that get bundled with the Eye Toy?
    move is everything combined^^

Elite Member

note to PD: please please release this game. we want to play. is that too much to ask? thanks in advance.

damage sounds cool. it might actually make this american slightly interested in playing the nascar portions of the game. yeah, i am an american nascar hater. give me a road race any day over the stupid oval track. that is just me and i know there are millions of fans, i just don't see why. nascar highlights is all anyone really needs.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think they already showed, or said, that headtracking would be done with the PS eye.. It won't have anything to do with Move; unless you're planning on strapping the move controllers to your head.

How does head tracking work? I'm turning my head, and my "driver" turns his? How the heck do I see the screen then?

Darji
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think they already showed, or said, that headtracking would be done with the PS eye.. It won't have anything to do with Move; unless you're planning on strapping the move controllers to your head.

How does head tracking work? I'm turning my head, and my "driver" turns his? How the heck do I see the screen then?
    As I said. Personally Move is for me everything. Camera and these controllers^^

And this is how headtracking works^^

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AO0F5sLdVM"]YouTube- TrackIR Explained[/ame]

for racing games it looks like that in Dirt 2
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-rNaCiakvo"]YouTube- DiRT Rally Racing with TrackIR 4![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ZZJxOBQg&feature=related"]YouTube- TrackIR 4: Pro at Monaco in Netkar Pro[/ame]

Oh and it should be great for shooters too.. Maybe in Killzone 3?^^

SixAxisRumble

Turn your head back round?

Darji
    ok here is a bit more from the interview

-well so far their discussing how they are translating the physics of the real cars to the game this time

-well to be more precise their talking about traction & body rolltheir ---now saying how the ps3 is the only console that can run the physics and even a good PC would struggle

-now about efficent streamning of the physics data using the consoles cels and also how it would work over the internet

-going into more detail their explaining that with the improving broadband they are able to allow more & more players to race each other.

-They say that their have been problems with wall bouncing & spinning other drivers out in prologue and this will be addressed for sure by the time of release

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Do you not understand how much your post doesn't make sense in reply to what I'm saying?

SixAxisRumble
    Do you not understand how much your post doesn't make sense in reply to what I'm saying?
    How does it not make sense? You turn your head left to look out a passenger window, you turn you head back straight to see out the windscreen.

Veteran
    I know what F34R means about the head-tracking. I think they could exaggerate the movement on screen so that a small movement of your head translates to a large movement on screen, as long as it's not too sensitive, then you just have to look sideways a bit with your eyes to see the screen with your head turned. Don't really know how it will feel without trying it though.

Superior Member
    I would guess leaning, or turning head slightly whilst eyes on screen.

PSN ID MurphANDderl
    xboxlive: derlwaller

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    How does it not make sense? You turn your head left to look out a passenger window, you turn you head back straight to see out the windscreen.
    Looking at your monitor, turn your head to simulate looking out your window for cars to the side and slightly behind. Can you still see your screen? Nope. That's what I meant. Which is why I asked how it would work...

Forum Overseer
    Headtracking looks freaking awesome, hopefully that's the same way PD will implement it.

Damage, being smashed into smithereens in Nascar...that's hard to believe. Even down to nuts and bolts? Pshh...

Darji
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Headtracking looks freaking awesome, hopefully that's the same way PD will implement it.

Damage, being smashed into smithereens in Nascar...that's hard to believe. Even down to nuts and bolts? Pshh...
    KAz said that they could do something like that for a long time. But the question was if its still fun this way or not^^

Forum Overseer
    KAz said that they could do something like that for a long time. But the question was if its still fun this way or not^^
    **** yes? At least for casual players definitely.

Elite Guru
    For goodness sake, someone has posted how head tracking works.

It is not for you to look directly left or right. It uses the camera to turn your screen into a simulated 3D window where the viewing angle is dependant on the players head position.

Without head tracking, what you see on the screen is exactly the same, regardless of what angle you look from. With head tracking, the view will change, just like when you move your head while looking out of a window.

Here is a simple example of head tracking using a wii remote as a sensor and the sensor bar as the tracking device. The PS eye will work like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIDmpU6eO2M"]YouTube- Head Tracking WiiDesktopVR Example[/ame]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mcav View Post
    For goodness sake, someone has posted how head tracking works.

It is not for you to look directly left or right. It uses the camera to turn your screen into a simulated 3D window where the viewing angle is dependant on the players head position.

Without head tracking, what you see on the screen is exactly the same, regardless of what angle you look from. With head tracking, the view will change, just like when you move your head while looking out of a window.

Here is a simple example of head tracking using a wii remote as a sensor and the sensor bar as the tracking device. The PS eye will work like this.

YouTube- Head Tracking WiiDesktopVR Example
    First off, the first part of your post was completely unnecessary. Just because it's been posted before doesn't mean everyone has seen it.

Second, thanks for the info. It pretty much clears up the misconception I had about it.

Apprentice
    Items Demons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    sweet ! can't wait for it because i've never played a game with NASCAR before ! i'm sooo curious more visual damage for it? that would be amazing! imagine having to be careful at high speed because of fallen parts on the track !!!

High on WRC
    PSN ID
    Makinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthroll View Post
    sweet ! can't wait for it because i've never played a game with NASCAR before ! i'm sooo curious more visual damage for it? that would be amazing! imagine having to be careful at high speed because of fallen parts on the track !!!
    IMO there is nothing thrilling about NASCAR. I live in Canada and I have tried to watch a couple of races - and I might be alone here but turning left... then left.... then left... then left... then pit... then left... then left.... etc.... is not my idea of thrill.

You know what, I couldn't care less if they have implemented NASCAR or not... I just want a release date already!

And the whole motion tracking thing doesn't do anything for me... being able to look about inside the $#@!pit.. hmm.. how much time are you really gonna be spending looking around rather than racing?

Don't bash me... this is my 2 cents on the whole take.

Elite Guru
    Makinen, Nascar may be boring to watch, but there is much more than just turning left, even on the oval tracks. Your chosen line is so very important, and more important than in circuits as one small mistake has a knock on effect for a number of turns afterwards.

Easy to learn, tough to master would be an appropriate phrase for Nascar ovals.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I would say hard to learn, tougher to master.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinen View Post
    IMO there is nothing thrilling about NASCAR. I live in Canada and I have tried to watch a couple of races - and I might be alone here but turning left... then left.... then left... then left... then pit... then left... then left.... etc.... is not my idea of thrill.

You know what, I couldn't care less if they have implemented NASCAR or not... I just want a release date already!

And the whole motion tracking thing doesn't do anything for me... being able to look about inside the $#@!pit.. hmm.. how much time are you really gonna be spending looking around rather than racing?

Don't bash me... this is my 2 cents on the whole take.
    Nascar alone is going to bring in gamers. Nascar fans can't get their "fix" from EA anymore. GT5 will do the job and better.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Nascar alone is going to bring in gamers. Nascar fans can't get their "fix" from EA anymore. GT5 will do the job and better.
    Thats very true.

Thread Information