Latest PSU headlines:

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3242
Results 1,026 to 1,048 of 1048
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    That was my problem with dbz, but it makes perfect sense in naruto. I'll discuss it once the anime gets there. Kishi is a great writer when it comes to handling "power creep"
    I look forward to hearing it.

I thought dbz was able to get away with it because they really gave the audience such a strong feeling of internally escalating power that it didnt seem that forced. That might be all due to the screaming, but when you think Goku has nothing left and the situation is so emotionally charged that he just erupts into a whole new level of power, all boys secretly wish to have that moment and it just connects well. It's annoying for me in naturo when they go up like 2 or 3 levels in one fight. there's no build up or sublty. It just cuts through any dramatic build up and you can't enjoy it as much. When Rock Lee opened his first gate, it was incredible, then when he went 2 gates I was about to die. Then all of a sudden he more than doubles, goes to 5, and still loses. what the $#@!. it's just the lamest $#@! in the world.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I made a rant about dbz so if you have some time give it a look

and you mention Lee as an example. Well the moment the anime/manga introduced the Inner Gates, in the same episode we knew the upper ceiling as well (that there were 8 of them and they COULD be opened) Gai said that lee could open 3 (or 4) and after the 3 years of timeskip training he could open 5. Make perfect sense and which fight are you referring to when he goes 5 gates and loses? Because Gai has defeated anyone he has faced using the gates and I don't remember Lee losing to someone other than gaara

Simirarily during Naruto and Pain's fight, according to Nagato, it is said that the Sage of Six Paths created the moon using planetary devastation. That remains the ceiling of power, the utmost highest legend. We have now witnessed one of the greatest Shinobi to ever live; Madara Uchiha and you will continue to see his power when he takes on the 5 kage. Did you think they made The Final Valley for some chumps? Imagine how strong the First hokage would have been to defeat Madara multiple times.

This is why Naruto is so much superior to dbz, because Naruto doesn't forget its own folklore and consistent back story. Madara was feared and respected ages ago and now we know why.
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-05-2013 at 02:00.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Wasted opportunity with the double episode. half of 328 was canon.
    Though the flashback to pain fight and nagato talk no jutsu got me right in the feels

Masayuki Kouda is in charge of the next episode. He's done many of the naruto movies:

Naruto Shippūden: The Lost Tower (movie) : 2nd Key Animation, Key Animation
    Naruto Shippūden: The Will of Fire (movie) : Key Animation
    Naruto Special: Battle at Hidden Falls. I am the Hero! (OAV) : In-Between Animation (Pierrot Animation Room)
    Naruto Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals (TV) : Storyboard (OP 2), Unit Director (OP 2), Animation Director (OP 2, ED 1; eps 7, 22), Key Animation (OP 2)
    Naruto the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom : 2nd Key Animation Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel : 2nd Key Animation
    Naruto Shippūden (TV) :
    Animation Director: eps 180, 194, 209, 216, 219, 225, 234, 240, 249, 262, 270, 277, 294.
    Key Animation (Pierrot Animation Room); OP 7, ED 12; eps 3, 25-26, 63, 65, 103, 107, 135, 143, 151, 153, 162, 166, 173, 180, 186, 194, 208-209, 216, 225, 234, 240, 249, 270, 277, 294

Last edited by Itachi; 08-29-2013 at 21:21.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Hey Itachi, i (finally) read your essay on DBZ. I agree with your basic points. but I feel that power creep is actually worse in Naruto. Maybe not in an analytic sense if you actually take into account power levels, but in the way it feels. DBZ wasn't as bad for me, partly because I was young and it was awesome but also partly because the explosion of power corresponded well with the gravity of the situation and the intensity of the moment/feelings. When Krillin died, I dont care what they could have said about maximums, you could feel Goku's hurt and anger. It felt strong enough to surpass even the impossible and I was right there with him.

This final war in Naruto just amps it up like i've never seen before. At least with DBZ there were whole saga inbetween increases in power. But this final war just shoots everything up. Especially right now with Marada (I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet). I mean, planetary devistation is like one of the $#@!ing strongest things we've ever seen. Now Madara comes in talking all cool and casual about trying out some new jutsus. He drops a meteor like its nothing. They did a good job showing how powerful with move was by showing how hard it was for 2 kage combining efforts to efforts. Then he pulls out a second one without breaking a sweat...
    That not enough, ok here's another ultimate jutsu (crazy forest thing) coming at you without any intensity in the character or situation. It makes it a lot lamer than it should.

So now when my favorite character Lee (also applies to Gai) goes 8 gates, its not going to do $#@!. Do you remember how intense it was when he just opened the Gate of healing? Thats what I expected with every new gate. No, instead we get super impressive gate one, then stronger gate two, then quick jump to 5 like it's nothing. How am I supposed to feel the intensity if they just ramp these things up so unceremoniously.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Hey Itachi, i (finally) read your essay on DBZ. I agree with your basic points. but I feel that power creep is actually worse in Naruto. Maybe not in an analytic sense if you actually take into account power levels, but in the way it feels. DBZ wasn't as bad for me, partly because I was young and it was awesome but also partly because the explosion of power corresponded well with the gravity of the situation and the intensity of the moment/feelings. When Krillin died, I dont care what they could have said about maximums, you could feel Goku's hurt and anger. It felt strong enough to surpass even the impossible and I was right there with him.

This final war in Naruto just amps it up like i've never seen before. At least with DBZ there were whole saga inbetween increases in power. But this final war just shoots everything up. Especially right now with Marada (I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet). I mean, planetary devistation is like one of the $#@!ing strongest things we've ever seen. Now Madara comes in talking all cool and casual about trying out some new jutsus. He drops a meteor like its nothing. They did a good job showing how powerful with move was by showing how hard it was for 2 kage combining efforts to efforts. Then he pulls out a second one without breaking a sweat...
    That not enough, ok here's another ultimate jutsu (crazy forest thing) coming at you without any intensity in the character or situation. It makes it a lot lamer than it should.

So now when my favorite character Lee (also applies to Gai) goes 8 gates, its not going to do $#@!. Do you remember how intense it was when he just opened the Gate of healing? Thats what I expected with every new gate. No, instead we get super impressive gate one, then stronger gate two, then quick jump to 5 like it's nothing. How am I supposed to feel the intensity if they just ramp these things up so unceremoniously.
    All I will say is that in the next episode or two [redacted] mostly because the situation has come to that high of a level. I will still hold some of the discussion back due to the spoilery nature of it but I think Madara's attack was still no where near as overpowered considering a single tailed beast bomb can level mountains. Madara is also the second of the two greatest ninja to have EVER lived in the naruto world (other being the one who defeated him; Hashirama) and its impossible it is for anyone else to perform the meteor attack because it requires 3 sets of hands, so unless you have a rinnegan and susanoo, you can't. And there is only one rinnegan in the world as of yet so I say its not that cheap of a move
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-30-2013 at 05:24. Reason: minor spoiler

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    All I will say is that in the next episode or two [redacted] mostly because the situation has come to that high of a level. I will still hold some of the discussion back due to the spoilery nature of it but I think Madara's attack was still no where near as overpowered considering a single tailed beast bomb can level mountains. Madara is also the second of the two greatest ninja to have EVER lived in the naruto world (other being the one who defeated him; Hashirama) and its impossible it is for anyone else to perform the meteor attack because it requires 3 sets of hands, so unless you have a rinnegan and susanoo, you can't. And there is only one rinnegan in the world as of yet so I say its not that cheap of a move
    hey whoa whoa whoa. im a psycho when it comes to spoilers man. and i love Gai. please no more. or edit this post so i know it's completely spoiler free. and by spoiler free, I dont even want to know that the 5 kage are going to be seen fighting madara still.

thanks.
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-30-2013 at 05:25.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    hey whoa whoa whoa. im a psycho when it comes to spoilers man. and i love Gai. please no more. or edit this post so i know it's completely spoiler free. and by spoiler free, I dont even want to know that the 5 kage are going to be seen fighting madara still.

thanks.
    Other than the gai thing in the first line (now removed), there is/were no spoilers in that post
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-30-2013 at 05:25.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Other than the gai thing in the first line (now removed), there is/were no spoilers in that post
    I feel like a tailed beast bomb from a one tail would be a lot easier to stop for the combined efforts of onoki and gaara the toll that meteor took on them. I think it's just kind of lame because there is no build up to these S-level jutsu. Madara isn't busting them out all "cool" like Itachi can, he's just throwing them out as if for $#@!s and giggles. I want more drama when the power is amped up that high.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I feel like a tailed beast bomb from a one tail would be a lot easier to stop for the combined efforts of onoki and gaara the toll that meteor took on them. I think it's just kind of lame because there is no build up to these S-level jutsu. Madara isn't busting them out all "cool" like Itachi can, he's just throwing them out as if for $#@!s and giggles. I want more drama when the power is amped up that high.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Sasuke and Itachi OVA incoming

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195

Your point is important, as the episode and theme that got me started with DBZ in the first place was actually Goku going into SS3 with fat Buu. I didn't care much for the show and even thought it was kinda dumb until that episode which I watched to see what would occur and right then after that I was hooked line and sinker. I actually got into my main 3 animes by random watching and not seeking out.

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    Sasuke and Itachi OVA incoming

damn that's great news can't wait for that

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Is it me or the entire War arc seems horribly animated?
    I'm watching these Naruto AMVs (this for example) on youtube and these clips of the Pre time skip series and shippuden fights from previous arcs seem so much better.

The only episode that was well done was madara's reveal

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Ive said it before and i'll keep saying it, Itachi is the real protagonist of Naruto.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    The scene made me tear up in the manga too, especially the parents part.

"Don't fear, our pain will be over in an instant compared to yours. No matter which path you have chosen, I'm proud of you"

16. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Great episode

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    The scene made me tear up in the manga too, especially the parents part.

"Don't fear, our pain will be over in an instant compared to yours. No matter which path you have chosen, I'm proud of you"
    Word. That's some other level $#@!. Did his father really think the Itachi could successfully lead a coup against the leaf?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Word. That's some other level $#@!. Did his father really think the Itachi could successfully lead a coup against the leaf?
    Itachi was a prodigy of the uchiha so but at the same time his father must have had suspicions that he may ally with the leaf since he was ANBU.

It killed me how his mother just says 'Take care of Sasuke" , cuz she knew itachi would never harm him

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Itachi was a prodigy of the uchiha so but at the same time his father must have had suspicions that he may ally with the leaf since he was ANBU.

It killed me how his mother just says 'Take care of Sasuke" , cuz she knew itachi would never harm him
    Seriously. I wish they had more foresight about the ANBU and Danzo.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Seriously. I wish they had more foresight about the ANBU and Danzo.
    Could easily be in an ova or another flashback

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Found this last night. EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyr0zJTHXTQ

dat giraffe

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    So i havent watched for months. When are these fillers supposed to end or on which episode?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Canon - with fillers like these, who needs 'em..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Thread Information