Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
  1. #1
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Warning about passwords!

    We would like to remind all members that it's important to change your passwords regularly just to be on the safe side.

    Please feel free to use this thread to ask any questions you may have on this issue. We will do our best to answer them.


  2. #2
    Superior Member
    Kxizm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    35
    Points
    1,783 (0 Banked)
    Thanks for the info! its nice to here whats going on with the mods/admin

  3. #3
    Elite Member
    TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    n00 y4wk
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,502
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    3,937 (0 Banked)
    I just set my password this morning because that's when I made my account. Should I still change it?
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!



    TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

  4. #4
    Superior Member
    Kxizm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    35
    Points
    1,783 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post
    i have a question..or 2

    why did it take over 10 hours to announce this?
    and
    why was the post in the other thread making us aware of this removed and only visible by other members quotes?

    and what is the liklyhood of this happening again
    why is only the last question even remotely constructive?

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I just set my password this morning because that's when I made my account. Should I still change it?
    nah your good man. even /if/ the database was copied, it was copied well before you put your info on it.

  5. #5
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Personally I would also consider changing the password to the email address used to register on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  6. #6
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post
    i have a question..or 2

    why did it take over 10 hours to announce this?
    and
    why was the post in the other thread making us aware of this removed and only visible by other members quotes?

    and what is the liklyhood of this happening again
    I already answered all of these questions in the other thread. So I guess you can go re-read it over there.


    Just as a note to everyone in this thread. We do know who the hacker is (full name, address, phone and all that) Seb (site owner) has contacted the proper authority's on this matter.
    The "loophole" the hacker used to gain access to the site has been closed.


  7. #7
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So what can someone gain by buying a copy of the database?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  8. #8
    Elite Guru
    Kingpin326's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,932
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    19,842 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    So what can someone gain by buying a copy of the database?
    So he can log in as the person with the highest post count.. so his e-$#@! can grow.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    scottscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,561
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    252 (1,100 Banked)
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Clearly nothing I say will make you happy, in fact it only makes you treat me even worse, so I just won't respond to you any more.
    i dont want you to make me happy, i just wanted people to made aware and was concerned at length of time it took.
    dont reply to me i dont really care , and sorry if you feel i'm 'picking' on you , i dont mean to

  10. #10
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    22
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    98,082 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin326 View Post
    So he can log in as the person with the highest post count.. so his e-$#@! can grow.
    Why anyone would want to log in as Carl is beyond me.

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  11. #11
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    76,253 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Clearly nothing I say will make you happy, in fact it only makes you treat me even worse, so I just won't respond to you any more.
    or just ban him

    thx for the info



  12. #12
    The Godless Heathen
    MentallyCritical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Home:Wanking.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,823
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    108,903 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    Why anyone would want to log in as Carl is beyond me.
    good job!


  13. #13
    Veteran
    scottscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,561
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    252 (1,100 Banked)
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    or just ban him

    thx for the info
    ban me for what...questioning length of time it took to tell people there details are being sold another site

  14. #14
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,941
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    94,357 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I'd quite like to know what exactly is at risk? Is it just the psu account, or could it lead to more personal stuff being at risk.... ?!?!?!

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  15. #15
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'd quite like to know what exactly is at risk? Is it just the psu account, or could it lead to more personal stuff being at risk.... ?!?!?!
    only information he could have got a hold of is, user names, passwords (he would need to crack the encryption to see them), IP and e-mail address.


  16. #16
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    76,253 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'd quite like to know what exactly is at risk? Is it just the psu account, or could it lead to more personal stuff being at risk.... ?!?!?!
    the hacker has everyone password and email
    and most people use the same password for every site they go on

    the hacker can get into most sites you use like facebook, hotmail ect



  17. #17
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    22
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    98,082 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    the hacker has everyone password and email
    and most people use the same password for every site they go on

    the hacker can get into most sites you use like facebook, hotmail ect
    That's not true. He/She has an ENCRYPTED version of the passwords. He would have to un-encrypt them to see the actual passwords.

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  18. #18
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'd quite like to know what exactly is at risk? Is it just the psu account, or could it lead to more personal stuff being at risk.... ?!?!?!
    I've seen the thread on said message board where the database is for sale. In the OP the hacker states that every email address is visible. Hence for me recommending a change of password for your email address.

    That's what the hacker said were the benefits of having a copy of the database.

    - Import it to your vbulletin forum to have more members

    - Send them all an email inviting them to your forum.

    - Start an email marketing campaign

    - Try to crack the vbulletin md5 hashes
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  19. #19
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I've seen the thread on said message board where the database is for sale. In the OP the hacker states that every email address is visible. Hence for me recommending a change of password for your email address.

    That's what the hacker said were the benefits of having a copy of the database.

    - Import it to your vbulletin forum to have more members

    - Send them all an email inviting them to your forum.

    - Start an email marketing campaign

    - Try to crack the vbulletin md5 hashes
    The bolded part is what someone would need to crack in order to get the passwords.


  20. #20
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Correct.

    Md5 is not the most secure encryption:

    "MD5 should be considered cryptographically broken and unsuitable for further use."
    US Department of Homeland Security.

    Well may seem a little OTT but I guess they can't afford for stuff to get hacked. I think we will just be fine though.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  21. #21
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    I already answered all of these questions in the other thread. So I guess you can go re-read it over there.


    Just as a note to everyone in this thread. We do know who the hacker is (full name, address, phone and all that) Seb (site owner) has contacted the proper authority's on this matter.
    The "loophole" the hacker used to gain access to the site has been closed.
    What other thread? Or is this not a new thing? (I just got on PSU, so im all O_o)

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  22. #22
    Super Elite
    Treefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,209
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    1,577 (0 Banked)
    Thanks for the heads up.

    I just changed my e-mail address, guess ill change my password too just in case.

  23. #23
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's over in feedback and suggestions. It started off as a 'Overrun by spam bot' thread and moved to this. I think that thread should be locked but not deleted. That way people can catch up with whats going on but not contribute.

    Or.

    Agriel can copy & pasta any more relevant info into his OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  24. #24
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    What other thread? Or is this not a new thing? (I just got on PSU, so im all O_o)
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243951
    its at the very last part of this thread.
    It was brought to our attention after someone spammed the forums about the hacker trying to sell the information he obtained.


  25. #25
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A member called Anonymous Helper spammed a message in 16 threads. He was promptly banned for it haha! He was only trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.