Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Ho to deactivate a PS3 that has the YLOD?

First off, I thought you were able to have about 5 active PS3 accounts??

My first PS3 got the YLOD last week (60gb launch phat), so I went out and brought a 250gb slim.

I've managed to download all my previous content no problem, but I've just gone to download a film and its telling me I have have to deactivate my previous account and then activate the slim.

Does anyone know how I can do this???

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Re: Ho to deactivate a PS3 that has the YLOD?

Some Ho is going to deactivate a PS3 that has the YLOD? Wow.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Haha. funny!

Seriously though, anyone know what I can do? Apparently Sony won't do it unless I send it into them for reapir () and I'm not doing that when I've just shelled out 260 on a slim!

Elite Guru

Well short of fixing it yourself then deactivating it, theres not much else you can do.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

The Derailer

Buy it on BD instead?

Compressed video sucks ****
    this forum is dumb.. you get infracted for posting a pic of a sexy lady with a barley see through top on, yet its ok to post video of interspecies sexual assault
    --scottscorpion

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS

Try hairdrying it. Wrap your PS3 with 2 hand towels, but leave the back part (fans) open. Grab a hair dryer and start putting air into the PS3 from the back vents for about 15. The dryer must be at top speed, top power and it has to lay about 2cm away from the back vent. Also, do swift, smooth and slow moves, from side to side of the vents.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran

I thought you could ring Sony and ask them to deactivate your PlayStation Network account?

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Try hairdrying it. Wrap your PS3 with 2 hand towels, but leave the back part (fans) open. Grab a hair dryer and start putting air into the PS3 from the back vents for about 15. The dryer must be at top speed, top power and it has to lay about 2cm away from the back vent. Also, do swift, smooth and slow moves, from side to side of the vents.
    GAH!! Don't do THIS!!!! lol No offense Thorzilla, but that is scary. Heat going all over the place is never good for electronics. I suggest using Gilksy's YLOD fix. It is easy to do and works like a charm. I just repaired mine using it last night. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo It is better to do heat ONLY to the areas that need it, which are the GPU and CPU chips on the board. Anything else gets hot...you might cause more damage. Good luck bud!

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Some ho's can do more than just deactivate PS3's.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

I'm a real boy!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    I thought you could ring Sony and ask them to deactivate your PlayStation Network account?
    You can, but this is not guaranteed. Officially Sony does not condone this but there are stories floating around of people who have been lucky.

It's worth a shot. Start crying.

Supreme Veteran

Dave (you know which one) himself in one of his articles said that Sony wouldn't do it for him over the phone...

Just an FYI: It used to be that you could activate on 5 different systems, they changed that now to 3.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKeyboard View Post
    Sony won't do it, something to do with fraud. Although I can't really understand where they'r coming from, if my PS3 was working and had been stolen, the thieves would just deactivate it themselves, I'm ringing Sony for help because its broken! Still, no dice from Sony!

I'm a real boy!

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Dave (you know which one) himself in one of his articles said that Sony wouldn't do it for him over the phone...

Just an FYI: It used to be that you could activate on 5 different systems, they changed that now to 3.
    Not true.

That was either a flat out lie floating around, or a misinterpretation with the video store.

To all those saying Sony won't do it, stop spreading misinformation. Sony likely won't, but there is a chance if you call and request it you may be lucky enough to have them do it.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    Not true.

That was either a flat out lie floating around, or a misinterpretation with the video store.

To all those saying Sony won't do it, stop spreading misinformation. Sony likely won't, but there is a chance if you call and request it you may be lucky enough to have them do it.
    I've rang them and they said they won't do it, how it that misinforming people? Surely that's fact.

I'm not saying that Sony has never deactivated a system for anyone, but its hardly misinforming people when it actually happens.

Supreme Veteran

Not true.

I read it here: http://www.haxnetwork.net/2009/11/ps...tions-allowed/

Have i misunderstood?

Every specific situation may be different but Dave_W himself in an article he wrote stated they would not do it for him (he was on the phone with Sony)...

Now unless I've remembered this all wrong, up until at least then they didn't I doubt this is misinformation and if it's incorrect my apologies to all who I have unintentionally misinformed.

Edit: I read somewhere just now goggling this it was a misprint and is 5!
    Last edited by A7MAD; 06-08-2010 at 13:54.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I read it here: http://www.haxnetwork.net/2009/11/ps...tions-allowed/

Have i misunderstood?

Every specific situation may be different but Dave_W himself in an article he wrote stated they would not do it for him (he was on the phone with Sony)...

Now unless I've remembered this all wrong, up until at least then they didn't I doubt this is misinformation and if it's incorrect my apologies to all who I have unintentionally misinformed.

Edit: I read somewhere just now goggling this it was a misprint and is 5!
    That must be for game content only then cuz I'm only on my 2nd PS3 and it won't let me activate it for video, games are fine, I activated that no problem

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    GAH!! Don't do THIS!!!! lol No offense Thorzilla, but that is scary. Heat going all over the place is never good for electronics.
    I'm not saying his method is correct or will work, but as far as I know heat is the only thing that will get the wireless on my crappy (HP) laptop running when it decides it doesn't want to work. I run something that takes up 100% CPU until my laptop gets noticeably warm, then restart and usually my little orange "wireless is off" light turns to that blue "it's going to work" colour I like to see. Just thought I'd throw that out there as an example of a seemingly stupid fix that actually works (in my case).

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by timberflake View Post

My first PS3 got the YLOD last week (60gb launch phat), so I went out and brought a 250gb slim.

I've managed to download all my previous content no problem, but I've just gone to download a film and its telling me I have have to deactivate my previous account and then activate the slim.

Go to http://www.playstation.com and login with your PSN account. When logged in, click on my account. There you'll see your ps3 system, which you can remove from your PSN account. You can also add one too (or a ps2 / psp for that matter). It's as simple as that.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Toorok; 06-08-2010 at 16:16. Reason: added quote
    "Stupid is as stupid does... I'm with stupid."

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toorok View Post
    Go to http://www.playstation.com and login with your PSN account. When logged in, click on my account. There you'll see your ps3 system, which you can remove from your PSN account. You can also add one too (or a ps2 / psp for that matter). It's as simple as that.

Cheers!
    I've already tried that, my old console wasn't even listed on there, but I still added the new one but no good, still won't let me authorise it for video

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by timberflake View Post

This is what i did when i had this problem & it worked for me...
    I recently ran into a video deactivation problem myself.....old 20GB launch console YLOD last May & I was able to use the heat gun trick to salvage my newly purchased (1hr. into) Infamous game. I thought nothing of deactivating anything ( i've never gameshared & am only on my 2nd PS3). Until i got my GOW3 Ultimate edition last week, and went to claim my unearthing the legend documentary from the PS Store. It slammed me w/ the good old "Video is already activated on another console error".
    It took 2 emails to CS but it appears they will do it . I think you just have to get the right person. Here's my email & what they replied.......

Customer03/22/2010 11:28 AM I am contacting you to get an old (broken) Launch PS3 deactivated....i can no longer run it long enough to do so myself due to YLOD crash error after approx. 15 seconds. I would appreciate it if you could deactivate this PS3 & would be more than happy to provide serial# or anything else needed to deactivate it.
    Level 1: PS3 system
    Product Level 2: Service
    Category Level 1: How to Get Service
    Date Created: 03/22/2010 11:28 AM
    Last Updated: 03/23/2010 11:18 AM

-RESPONSE-
    Hello ,

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding your PlayStation(R)Network account activation. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are unable to access video content on your PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. Your request for video deactivation has been processed under Service Request Number 1-251083124. We ask that you please allow 24-48 hours for deactivation of your previous console. Please note, if you have reached the pre-determined limit for game activations (5), you must manually deactivate one of the other PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment systems from your account.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=221448&page=2

Super Elite

This post is really old but FYI, you can now deactivate your PS3's on the web and you can call them and they'll actually deactivate your video content (unlike before).

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Calling them up is the only option now. You can't even do it from the web anymore which is stupid. I tried it just told me to deactivate from the console. Your only option is to ring them up.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Calling them up is the only option now. You can't even do it from the web anymore which is stupid. I tried it just told me to deactivate from the console. Your only option is to ring them up.
    Wow, you are right. Why the hell is the option to deactivate even there??

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I did the deactivation online only a couple months ago. If I remember right I couldn't deactivate the specific console but it was a mass deactivation of all my devices that can only be performed once every 6 months (?). I just had to go back to the devices I do use and re-activate through XMB/Vita-settings

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I had no problem deactivating my 80gig phat just before trading it for the new slim.

Thread Information