BringIT

Should i send in my PS3 for repair???

my fat ps3 just froze for the first time. and this never happened before.

it froze up only after 20 min of playing.
    but after i reset it everything worked fine.

heres the dilemma, my warranty expires in 6/25.

so should i send it in for warrnty???

and if i do, will they actually fix it or replace it? i dont want them sending back to me without fixing cause it didnt freeze when they are testing it.

what i am worried is that it will start freeze up more and then eventually break.

in your experience, does ps3 tend to freeze again after the first freeze? is it a sign that ps3 is wearing down?

Master Guru

Re: Should i send in my PS3 for repair???

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. My Ps3 has only frozen a few times in nearly 2 years.

BringIT

oh ok. i was only worried cause the warranty expires in less than 2 weeks.

and waiting would obviously void the warranty.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    smokin_dem_trees

if i were you i would send it in just incase and make up some bull**** for them to take a look at it. thats if u wanna be super for sure. but if your thinking that it would be alright then i wouldnt then. i mean everything freezes up once in a blue moon... my ps3 does at least once every couple months... it happens... LOL im actually surprised you said that just because it did it once ever.
    :: Playstation 3 with 500gb :: Samsung UN55C8000XF 55inch HDTV :: Samsung Blu-Ray 5.1 1000watt Receiver ::

Master Guru

It might as well be nothing cause i had that before too when i 1st got my PS3,and it was HDD related.But i would have sent it just to be sure.They will probably open to take a look at it,and probably clean it too lol
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Apprentice

Let me ask you this.... if you send it in, and it now works fine, how will they diagnose a problem????

Same thing with your car, how likely is the mechanic able to find a problem if it was 'making a noise' but when you bring it in, it is running fine.

They'd turn it on, see it is fine, send it back saying "fixed" when they didn't do a thing.

This goes for just about anything - if you CAN'T replicate the issue, what makes you think somebody else can?

Don't waste your time unless you can get it to freeze....

On that note, mine has frozen several times since I got my PS3 in '08. Nothing a reboot hasn't fixed.

Master Guru

Well it wont hurt to sent it you know.Its better for him to have even a slight chance for them to take a good look at it,than nothing.If somehow it dies after his warranty ends then he is screwed.He just needs to tell them what it did,if he will just sent it,they will do exactly what you said they will.
    Last edited by arfi-gorgona-O; 06-14-2010 at 19:31.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

BringIT

thx for all the replies.

i just wanted to know that it could freeze then still work fine in the long term.

and i am just too lazy to send it in if its only going to happen once a while.

aoiakuma
    I would send it in if I were you. You have the chance to get it repaired while you still have your warranty. If you ever need it repaired when your warranty expires i suggest you try to find a guide and do it yourself. I have some on my page here that can help. There is a very good one for the yellow light of death.

diiRty_StaChE
    I sent my PS3 to sony but they phoned me and said that the first version of PS3's (60GB Chrome Plated, 4 USB ports, Fat PS3) cannot be repaired. They took the parts from my old one and sent me back a replacement Fat PS3 that so far has lasted 1 year last week, I also had to pay 120. But as a gamer i was going to do anything to get my PS3 back.

Veteran
    I don't think that's too bad. If you get it fixed they might send you a new one which might break down on you in less than a year. Best thing to do is to renew your warranty i know you can do that on Best Buy stores don't know about other retail stores, doesn't hurt to give it a go.

Thread Information