Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    every time some one say something about the price having to be as low as $50 1st thing I think about is all the people that bought Rockband, Wii Fit & guitar hero,

price don't really mean much if people want it they will pay the price.

the just have to show you that it's worth it and make kids cry for it come Christmas time.

Exactly... i mean dear god, people bought zoom lens for the Gameboy camera. LMAO

People will buy anything. Informed gamers may not see Natal (or Move) as being a good fit, but the average consumer, the REAL target audience, will snatch them up.
    LMAO

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Strung Out View Post
    Well price out a wii with 4 controllers and 4 wii motion plus, or price out MOVE with 4 sets of wands.

I have no idea actually, I don't care enough to find price's however if you take any of these 3 products into a family room that needs 3-4 controllers Natal is probably going to be the cheapest easiest solution.

No buttons for casuals
    No batteries

No real extra's needed...as far as I know. Seems odd MS is releasing a product without the need for "accessories" so I'm not sure what they will wind up with.

All I know is I have a wii with 4 controllers etc and it's my most expensive console.
    you forget that they can also make PS-Eye only games!

if Move sell well that will put more PS-Eyes on the market so we will see More PS-Eye games as well and they won't need 4 controllers to play Multi player games.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Darji View Post
    its a normal webcam with some modifications. Most of it is softwarebased. As I said even a PS2 exetoy cam can do things like hand and finger tracking. QNC even posted videos of it. Its just that MS products are very expensive. If you look at the W-lan adapter or the harddrives you will see what I mean.
    Yea whatever you say darji...You talk like you have got to demo natal already. $150.00 isnt very expensive.. Yes ms products seem to be on the expensive side but this isnt a hard drive or lan adapter.. This cam can pull off some amazing stuff. its more than a normal web cam. Have you seen it? (besides videos) Well i have. I didnt see any games cause this was before ms came into the picture but what i saw was some very cool stuff. This tech is gonna change the way we interact with devices. This is only the beginning. I expect sony to produce something similar if they have'nt already begun to already.

Superior Member

If they can bundle it for 100, I don't see why they can't make it cheaper unless the consoles are going to get a price cut.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Microsoft stuff is noramlly just very expensive like their hard disks for example.
    I totally agree. And this Natal price tag is laughable. I wouldn't shell out that kind of money for it even if I was interested in it.

Master Guru
    people paid $250 for a Better GameCube with a new controller

so paying $299 for a 360 with a new controller shouldn't be a hard sell for people that never had a 360.

Darji
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea whatever you say darji...You talk like you have got to demo natal already. $150.00 isnt very expensive.. Yes ms products seem to be on the expensive side but this isnt a hard drive or lan adapter.. This cam can pull off some amazing stuff. its more than a normal web cam. Have you seen it? (besides videos) Well i have. I didnt see any games cause this was before ms came into the picture but what i saw was some very cool stuff. This tech is gonna change the way we interact with devices. This is only the beginning. I expect sony to produce something similar if they have'nt already begun to already.
    I have only seen the stuff that leajked or was in the concept video and honestly this was possbile way before natal. You dont need much tech to make such an interface work. Most of this is Software not hardware. And again why is 150$ if true not expensive? As far as I know its not even an HD cam. What does this cam have techwise whats worth 150$?

QNC: I think you overestimate people. Do they really want stuff like that? Do "normal" not technic freaks want to controll everything with their hands or voce? I dont think so. Its way to early for the masses for this kind of stuff

Again people will think twice if they will buy it or not with this price.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    you forget that they can also make PS-Eye only games!

if Move sell well that will put more PS-Eyes on the market so we will see More PS-Eye games as well and they won't need 4 controllers to play Multi player games.

That's true, I guess it all depends on what this thing is capable of. If yourself and others around here are correct and it's pretty much an eye toy than who knows if the MS marketing department can pull it off.

I personally feel whether I want it or not, it will be extremely popular. Also I'm not too sure about the outcry so far... $150 doesn't really hit too many radars as a problem these days... I'm not saying people here are poor. I'm not rich... but I sure don't care very much about $150.

Edit: I guess it's easier to say I don't see that $150 or the $300 as a problem for most family's

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    I really don't think the hardware is too expensive to produce. The neural skeletal system is being calculated on the 360's CPU, so its basically the primesense depth chip, the microphone array and the cameras. Mass produced this thing should be relatively cheap.

I've always maintained its about the games and I guess thats what I'll have to go on. Natal only games for the hardcore. Thats what I want and now I'll expect a bit more given the high price. If thats not going to happen, then I won't bother. I'm with F43R on this one with regards to needing to be wowed.

Not too long to wait I guess. The name has been finalised and retailers have been given the go-ahead to print POS.

Elite Sage
    I have only seen the stuff that leajked or was in the concept video and honestly this was possbile way before natal. You dont need much tech to make such an interface work. Most of this is Software not hardware. And again why is 150$ if true not expensive? As far as I know its not even an HD cam. What does this cam have techwise whats worth 150$?

QNC: I think you overestimate people. Do they really want stuff like that? Do "normal" not technic freaks want to controll everything with their hands or voce? I dont think so. Its way to early for the masses for this kind of stuff

So what is it that you dont like about this technology?... Nobody ever said ms or prime sense invented it... You seem to be in the dark about some things. Natural human interface is the technology of choice for living room electronics...You are going to see much more of this later this year and in the future... I understand if you dont care bout this stuff but you dont speak for every consumer... Maybe you should just visit their web site(Prime sense) you may discover things you didnt know before.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Hmm, $149.99...They better have some mind blowing things at e3. Other than casual games, I don't see how it can be used for Hardcore games that will give it an advantage over using a standard controller.

Edit: If they don't push "4 players out the box" I can't see this doing well with the price point.

Express
    So what is it that you dont like about this technology?... Nobody ever said ms or prime sense invented it... You seem to be in the dark about some things. Natural human interface is the technology of choice for living room electronics...You are going to see much more of this later this year and in the future... I understand if you dont care bout this stuff but you dont speak for every consumer... Maybe you should just visit their web site(Prime sense) you may discover things you didnt know before.
    You still didn't answer his question. What does it techwise that makes it worth 150$? Nothing. Only MS pr can tell with a straight face that it's expensive technology, cause it ain't.

150$ is a huge rip-off, it'll be interesting to see how many/few are going to get it at start

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    You still didn't answer his question. What does it techwise that makes it worth 150$? Nothing. Only MS pr can tell with a straight face that it's expensive technology, cause it ain't.

150$ is a huge rip-off, it'll be interesting to see how many/few are going to get it at start

Are you kidding me? This is one of if not the best 3d cams out there right now. Plus prime sense has found a way to do it cheaper and better. Some of this tech from them is gonna be used in hand gestured tvs and all kinds of electronics. trust me ive seen it.. Its coming. Prime sense is one of the worlds leaders in this technology if you didnt know. Now is this thing worth 150.00. Yes it is. When you look at what its capable of and its produced cheaper than any other TOF cam...Is ms trying to make a profit? heck yes! They would be stupid not to. I tell you what...go out and try to buy a cam like this or a hand gestured tv and appliances. Then compare..I guess you guys try to block out when I say ive seen this stuff up close and its very impressive. If you would just not think about ms for a second you could see the possibilities in this stuff.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    wow....$149 eh??...i was hoping for a $99 price point or lower....

i might still consider it...if...like F34R they "WOW" me at E3....

my question really however is...why bundle with the Arcade??...im going to assume that lots of Natal "casual" titles will be small and available from XBL Arcade...these will require a HDD no??
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Darji
    I never said i dont like this tech only that its not worth these 150$. Its just a SD 3D cam. Many cams can do 3D also with the right software they can do all the stuff natal can do. The most part of it is software releated not hardware.

Veteran
    Well if that price is true, then there's no way I'm buying it..

Elite Sage
    I never said i dont like this tech only that its not worth these 150$. Its just a SD 3D cam. Many cams can do 3D also with the right software they can do all the stuff natal can do. The most part of it is software releated not hardware.

How do you know whats its worth when you have never seen it or know what it takes to produce this kind of tech... yes many cams can do 3d.. Not arguing there but this isnt a ordinary 3d cam by any means... All you have to do is do some research and you will see.. This will be the first time that this tech will be affordable on the consumer market.. 150.00 really isnt that bad.. Many cams can do what natal can do but right now they arent... If this thing becomes what ms wants, i will bet you that Nintendo and sony is gonna come up with a cam thats similar.. Mark my words. I want one of these cams. Im not really into the games because i havent seen enough of them but i love the other things that it can do.

Forum Sage
    It doesnt have to be cheap to sell over here. Rock band kits and guitar hero kits sold for a packet, Wii fit plus cost around 90 pounds up until a few weeks ago.

If microsft push this as more or less a whole brand new console launch etc i wouldnt worry about 150 pounds cost or whatever.I still think its gonna sell by the shedload and outsell move by a large margin too
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    wow....$149 eh??...i was hoping for a $99 price point or lower....

i might still consider it...if...like F34R they "WOW" me at E3....

my question really however is...why bundle with the Arcade??...im going to assume that lots of Natal "casual" titles will be small and available from XBL Arcade...these will require a HDD no??
    They are pushing it. I doubt these casual know about the flash drives

Arcade Bundle w/o tax
    $299 + $99.99 60Gb Live Pack = 399.98
    $299 + $129.99 250GB = 429.98
    $299 + $69.99 16GB flash = 369.98
    $299 + $39.99 8GB flash = 339.98

Elite w/o tax
    $299 + $149.99 Natal = 449.98

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    It doesnt have to be cheap to sell over here. Rock band kits and guitar hero kits sold for a packet, Wii fit plus cost around 90 pounds up until a few weeks ago.

If microsft push this as more or less a whole brand new console launch etc i wouldnt worry about 150 pounds cost or whatever.I still think its gonna sell by the shedload and outsell move by a large margin too

Another thing thats great about it is ms isnt hogging this tech for them selves.. I know for a fact its gonna be used for a lot of stuff coming..

Master Guru

if you make people want it they will pay the price.

Another thing thats great about it is ms isnt hogging this tech for them selves.. I know for a fact its gonna be used for a lot of stuff coming..
    MS can't hog the tech because it isn't their's to start with

Master Guru
    opps 2x post

Darji
    How do you know whats its worth when you have never seen it or know what it takes to produce this kind of tech... yes many cams can do 3d.. Not arguing there but this isnt a ordinary 3d cam by any means... All you have to do is do some research and you will see.. This will be the first time that this tech will be affordable on the consumer market.. 150.00 really isnt that bad.. Many cams can do what natal can do but right now they arent... If this thing becomes what ms wants, i will bet you that Nintendo and sony is gonna come up with a cam thats similar.. Mark my words. I want one of these cams. Im not really into the games because i havent seen enough of them but i love the other things that it can do.
    things like that?^^

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6aQN-lwmo"]YouTube- Hacking Wiis for 3D tracking[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoJGrtVs4c"]YouTube- Cynergy Labs: Project Maestro[/ame]

oh here a try of ricochet with a normal webcam from 2008^^

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8m128InW54"]YouTube- 3D Pong Game with Webcam Tracking[/ame]

Darji
    things like that?^^

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6aQN-lwmo"]YouTube- Hacking Wiis for 3D tracking[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoJGrtVs4c"]YouTube- Cynergy Labs: Project Maestro[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8m128InW54"]YouTube- 3D Pong Game with Webcam Tracking[/ame]

edit: I am sorry if i dont have found the right examples buts thats what i could find in a 2 minutes search. I am sure QNQ can bring much better examples. Why its not very expensive to produce such a cam.

Master Guru
    things like that?^^

YouTube- Hacking Wiis for 3D tracking

YouTube- Cynergy Labs: Project Maestro

YouTube- 3D Pong Game with Webcam Tracking
    The WiiMote and Natal are almost the same tech just working in reverse.

Edit:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awjPUkBXOU"]YouTube- Tracking fingers with the Wii Remote[/ame]

Thread Information