Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Silent Hill Returns in 2011

Silent Hill Returns in 2011

PHP Code:
     [IMG]http://www.hookedgamers.com/_nhg/base/im/contact/avatar_jeffgates.jpg[/IMG] by JeffGates on June 16th, 2010 | Category: News [IMG]http://www.hookedgamers.com/content/blogs/2684/l_1Rla30_large.jpg[/IMG]
    Konami has announced that they are working on Silent Hill 8 (working title). The bone-chilling series returns with its eighth installment and is on its terrifying way to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Silent Hill 8 is scheduled to release in 2011 and stays true to the roots of the series, and returns in the third-person perspective

Silent Hill 8 starts after a prison transport vehicle crashesleaving lone inmate Murphy Pendleton stranded in Silent Hill. As Pendleton players will face quizzical puzzleshorrific creatures and thrills and chills like only the Silent Hill series can createArmed with nothing but the objects they can find from wooden chairs to glass bottles to fend off the demons of Silent Hillfight or flight responses are left to the player as they unravel a darkthought-provoking storyline which will appeal to fans of the earlyclassic Silent Hill series.

Silent Hill 8 promises to deliver a number of great new features to deliver a rich and frightening experienceIn addition to the main storylineplayers will be presented with all kinds of side quests that depend on the user's play style.

"We are honoring the rich history and strong following of Silent Hill, and working hard to build another unforgettable horror game that the fans truly deserve," commented Martin Schneider, European Marketing and PR Director for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "Silent Hill introduces an all-new storyline and unique evolutions in gameplay, building on innovations and successes from over a decade of true survival horror and terror."
    Hill 8 (working title) is coming to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011. 
    http://www.hookedgamers.com/blogs/je...s_in_2011.html

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Elite Member
    Items AppleMetallicaCoD: World at War
    Cool Bro. been waiting for a new SH game for a while now. also good to hear they're doing it in Third person View. i remember a while back they were talking about doing it in First person.

Master Poster
    I can't wait for a new silent hill HD... Big fan of the series here, loved the story in homecoming and hope it's great in this one too.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Its not really Silent Hill if its not by Team Silent.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Sony samurai
    I want Move support for this.

Dedicated Member
    saw the vid,
    looks way better than Homecoming
    i too would like to see Move n Navi implemented for gun n flash light

BLACK N GOLD WON DA SUPERBOWL!!
    CONGRATZ SAINTS

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    I want Move support for this.
    Was thinking the same it would be very cool to have Move support
    09/10 and 10/11 PSU Forum Fantasy Premier League Winner
    London Wolves/To Hell We Ride

Forum Elder
    New trailer:

Love Silent Hill. Glad that this one will have trophies. I hated that Homecoming didn't have the support at time of release.

Elite Guru

The trailer completely lack direction and style, looks like a budget silent hill game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Looks pretty decent so far, but I'll have to wait and see what more is announced.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

lawlydoodlez

I just made a thread about this not knowing that there were already two about it. Goddamn search failed me.

Anyway, I wish they would stop milking the hell out of all the good games.

Why is it "8"? If we count Origins, Shattered Memories and Homecoming, then yes, but as far as I remember Homecoming was supposed to be SH5 and Origins was just a stupid filler I should've forgotten by now. They had 3 different developers and now they are bringing in 4th studio to make another messy interpretation of the cult originals. I haven't bought Homecoming, nor Shattered Memories and I will definitely not buy this one.

Thread Information