Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru

BTV: PS3 Move Hands On Exclusive ( looks like everyone loves PlayStation's Moves)

Sony samurai
    They really seem to like it.

Dedicated Member
    I still dont like motion controlls but it's nice to see positive reactions from the public.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Evenone seems to love it, I like the kid that just screams out "Socom!"

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Guru
    I have a feeling that move will sell the most ....Cause its incredibly accurate and not frustrating,no matter the light conditions,you don't need to have a huge room to play it and...it will be used with regular games too.Imo i think we have a winner here even though its not the most advanced.All that Sony needs to do now,its market it and support it properly.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    I have a feeling that move will sell the most ....Cause its incredibly accurate and not frustrating,no matter the light conditions,you don't need to have a huge room to play it and...it will be used with regular games too.Imo i think we have a winner here even though its not the most advanced.All that Sony needs to do now,its market it and support it properly.
    But it is the most advanced. 1:1 depth tracking. Nothing touches the accuracy found with the Move. Hence the slogan "This changes EVERYTHING" Because very simply it does!

Master Guru
    Yeah i know,i mean advanced as no controller at all.But the era for no controller at all isn't yet mature for serious gaming.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Veteran
    Eyetoy Play PS3! Yes, getting this as soon as it comes out, but it may be difficult because I'll have to get the games from Amazon and the controller somewhere local.

I hope more games that can use straight camera, no move, also come out... Having both will show the versatility... So, yeah, again... HD remix of Eyetoy Play 1-3, Eyetoy Kinetic, Kinetic Combat, and Antigrav...
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 06-17-2010 at 10:51.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    Eyetoy Play PS3! Yes, getting this as soon as it comes out, but it may be difficult because I'll have to get the games from Amazon and the controller somewhere local.

I hope more games that can use straight camera, no move, also come out... Having both will show the versatility... So, yeah, again... HD remix of Eyetoy Play 1-3, Eyetoy Kinetic, Kinetic Combat, and Antigrav...
    They have HD Remixes of the kids Buzz! titles on the PSN, It would be silly not to remix Eye-Toy too especially since alot of the games have better tech running than Kinect does, at the moment. xD

Super Elite

So let me get this straight, when the Wii comes out, it's just a "gimmick". After it's huge success, Microsoft and Sony create motion controls. Now suddenly "It changes everything". I don't buy it. If anything, the motion controls released this week are more of a gimmick than the Wii ever was since they are add-ons. Add-ons almost always fail.

From what I've read, some games are going to require two of the move wands at $50 each per person and some will require a navigator with a wand. You'll need an eye toy. So for most people, they'll have to spend 50+50+30+40 = $170 to play any of the games single player. If you want to play any game two player you have to add another 130. That's too expensive.

I predict the motion controls will be a failure. I'd advise people that are concerned with throwing away money to NOT buy this on launch. Wait a year or so and see how many actually sell. This won't push consoles so the question is how many current owners will buy these add-ons? I'd guess a very small number. This will lead to a lack of game development and a failure of the add-on. Besides, the PS4 will probably be out in two years so why spend hundreds of dollars for new controllers on this thing? The new motion controls (for both consoles) will be failures.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 06-17-2010 at 12:06.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Well im buying it, the casual games look fun, I can now play the games with my girlfriend, also my 2 year old nephew will love these games. As long as sony still supports us hardcore gamers im very happy. Also the controller will be staying which is great. As the advert says "this changes everything" 100% spot on.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Well im buying it, the casual games look fun, I can now play the games with my girlfriend, also my 2 year old nephew will love these games. As long as sony still supports us hardcore gamers im very happy. Also the controller will be staying which is great. As the advert says "this changes everything" 100% spot on.
    If you're interested and have the money then buy it but be aware there is a (good) chance that it will not be successful and that in a couple years from now no one is making games for the controls. If you're okay with this possibility then buy it. Obviously if you want three players to play then you need to spend 150 for wands + 90 for navigators + 40 for the eye toy. Just don't get a game that requires two wants per player. Actually, isn't the pack-in disk include games that require two of the wands per player?

Ultimate Veteran
    Wow, stop trying to talk people out of it.

PS3 allows for precise Wii like controlls, HD and now 3D + PSN online gaming.

Say what you like, the Wii cannot track depth. This is where the Move excels.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Wow, stop trying to talk people out of it.

PS3 allows for precise Wii like controlls, HD and now 3D + PSN online gaming.

Say what you like, the Wii cannot track depth. This is where the Move excels.
    I'm trying to help people understand their decision they're REALLY making. The choices are simple, spend a ton of money on something that has a good chance of failure or wait and see if it succeeds before dropping 200-300 bucks on hardware alone....

So you don't like that people understand what they're getting into? Welcome to 32X city.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I'm trying to help people understand their decision they're REALLY making. The choices are simple, spend a ton of money on something that has a good chance of failure or wait and see if it succeeds before dropping 200-300 bucks on hardware alone....

So you don't like that people understand what they're getting into? Welcome to 32X city.
    You know, Life is about choices right? Win Or lose. if you like what you see it doesn't matter what OTHERS! think about it.

Opinions every human has ONE!!

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style

OK time to set the score straight for one thing, only 4 move controllers can be used at once so any game with more then 2 players has to only use 1 each, and ANY game that supports 2 controllers per person ALSO supports 1 controller set up as well you dont have to use 2 its your choice.

Ultimate Veteran

SONY can support the Move more than anyone else in the industry. SONY has more studios than anyone else in the industry.
    I think we'll be right, but thanks for the concern. You can sleep easy now.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    OK time to set the score straight for one thing, only 4 move controllers can be used at once so any game with more then 2 players has to only use 1 each, and ANY game that supports 2 controllers per person ALSO supports 1 controller set up as well you dont have to use 2 its your choice.
    I thought that the PS3 could accept up to 7 blue tooth devices?
    Regardless:
    4 wands = 200
    4 navigator = 120
    1 eye toy = 40
    total price = $360 + tax

Now I don't know about you but that sounds like a lot of money to me. It certainly sounds like something that's doomed for failure. Anyone that buys into this stuff will regret it in a couple years from now. It's funny because I was saying that the PSP Go! would fail and some people on this forum were insisting that it wouldn't. Now everyone says, "of course it was going to fail, i knew it the whole time!". That's what will happen when this fails. You will come back and say you knew it was going to fail from the start.

Lets face it, this equipment costs as much as a whole new game console. This isn't going to push console sales. The only people buying this will be current owners and to make matters worse, the percent of current owners willing to drop this kind of money on some accessories is pretty small.

Motion control sold so well on the Wii because of the casual market (and a market expanded to people who don't normally play games). The soccer mom's were playing Wii Sports, WiiFit, and various other Wii fitnes games. Many people bought a Wii and don't even play it anymore. Those people aren't going to say, "Lets go buy motion controls for the PS3 or 360 so we can play it for 3 months then quit too!". Either MS and Sony completely misread the market and think that hardcore gamers are going to buy motion controls or you're going to be inundated by fitness games in the next year or two. If they misread the market then no one is going to buy the motion controls other than people that already own the PS3. If they understand why Nintendo succeeded then they'll be making games that most hardcore gamers don't want and no one will still buy the controls because the market has already been saturated by the Wii (why buy a console and controls for a system with casual games when you already have one that's got tons of games for it already?).
    Last edited by Typical guy; 06-17-2010 at 13:34.

Ultimate Veteran
    Regardless:
    4 wands = 200
    4 navigator = 120
    1 eye toy = 40
    total price = $360 + tax

Now I don't know about you but that sounds like a lot of money to me. It certainly sounds like something that's doomed for failure. Anyone that buys into this stuff will regret it in a couple years from now. It's funny because I was saying that the PSP Go! would fail and some people on this forum were insisting that it wouldn't. Now everyone says, "of course it was going to fail, i knew it the whole time!". That's what will happen when this fails. You will come back and say you knew it was going to fail from the start.
    The Move controller is cheaper than a standard DS3. I don't see what your getting at? 4x anything will cost you alot even on the Wii yet I know people with 4 Wii-motes and atleast 2 Nunchucks + Classic controllers just for VC games!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Regardless:
    4 wands = 200
    4 navigator = 120
    1 eye toy = 40
    total price = $360 + tax

here we go again
    lets return to this after 2011 spring, ok?
    move have ALLOT of potential now it in developers hands

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    The Move controller is cheaper than a standard DS3. I don't see what your getting at? 4x anything will cost you alot even on the Wii yet I know people with 4 Wii-motes and atleast 2 Nunchucks + Classic controllers just for VC games!
    I agree, buying four controllers is expensive. The difference is that the Wii's motion controls ARE the controllers.
    Wii = 200 (comes with a controller and nunchuck)
    wii controller X 3 = 120
    wii nunchuck X3 = 60

Total price = 380

PS3:
    PS3 = 300
    Wands X4 = 200
    Navigator X4 = 120
    eye toy = 40

Total price = 660

You could almost use the argument people used against the 360 in the beginning when you had to buy the HDD, the WiFi, and XBL separate from the console You add up the prices and suddenly a 600 dollar PS3 was cheaper than a 400 dollar Xbox.

Lets assume that you already own a PS3, then your accessories are only going to cost $360. Keep in mind, the figures above don't include the bundle purchase because in that bundle you pay 10 dollars more than the equipment costs by itself (presumably for the mini-games in a similar deal to Wii play).

The way for Sony to succeed with this will be if they pack in wands or navigators in a bunch of games that launch the first year. They're going to need more than a $100 bundle to push sales. I actually think that $40 eye toy is a mistake. They need to give those things away (there's no way they cost anywhere near 40 bucks to make). They should actually pack the wands into games that don't even use them but they know will sale a lot. For instance, pack a wand into Uncharted 3 when it comes out next year(?). Take a loss on that wand and give it away. Then people will start thinking about buying more equipment. Once people have one wand, it won't be so hard of a decision to buy more stuff but I doubt Sony will give one away....
    Last edited by Typical guy; 06-17-2010 at 13:52.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Well I'm buying it because it looks for for me and my friends/cousins.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Ultimate Veteran
    Or if you already have the PSEye you could just buy the Move + Move Party and share the 1 controller. How often do you honestly need 4x Move? If you have friends come over who probably own a PS3+Move too they can just bring theirs.

Your making this overly complicated and forcing me to buy 4 controllers in your argument when I only have at max 2 hands.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Good reactions from people who play. Im sure it will do well... But tbh those games looked kinda boring.

Veteran
    "I have a Wii and I just wanna throw it out"

Table Tennis looks really good, I think.
    Last edited by Metal Militia; 06-17-2010 at 15:05.

Thread Information