Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Sony should allow Move stations like this in big entertainment stores everywhere during launch (stores like Best Buy as seen here) and people will quickly be chimed into the tech and buy it.

I think that will be one of the most effective ways to market the thing. Wii pretty much did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Dude, HD-DVD lost, take a wild stab at who was on the winning side? SONY! What is up with users warning people against buying the Move as if other people have a right in how I spend my money.

I already own EyePet, I love it! With the move I can stop using the plastic card and go straight onto the Move controller.

I'll also be picking up Heavy Rain which will have Move support.
    you mean to tell me I can use the Next 32X with games I already have & play them in a new way?

Amazing!!!!!!

but My Accountant ( Typical guy ) says I shouldn't buy it,

I guess I'll just have to Buy

Heavy Rain,EyePet,Socom 4 ,MLB The Show,KillZone 3 ,NBA 2K11 , LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Hustle Kings ,High Velocity Bowling , Start the Party , Time Crisis: Razing Storm & Resident Evil 5 on the Wii

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    you mean to tell me I can use the Next 32X with games I already have & play them in a new way?

Amazing!!!!!!

but My Accountant ( Typical guy ) says I shouldn't buy it,

I guess I'll just have to Buy

Heavy Rain,EyePet,Socom 4 ,MLB The Show,KillZone 3 ,NBA 2K11 , LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Hustle Kings ,High Velocity Bowling , Start the Party , Time Crisis: Razing Storm & Resident Evil 5 on the Wii
    Well, with an expense like that ($50 on the Move) you'll have to buy at least 10+ Move games to justify it xD.
    Last edited by mickice; 06-18-2010 at 14:00.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Regardless of price, why the hell do you people want this? This forum had almost no one that wanted the Wii on release. Don't you see that this is basically the Wii on the PS3 with maybe a couple of shooters that can be played with the wand. Meanwhile those games can also be played with a regular controller so this means you're buying a second $50 controller (and possibly a $30 navigator) to play a game that you already have a controller for! I don't understand all the badmouthing the Wii got but this thing is essentially the Wii HD. The controller looks exactly like it. You guys go ahead and buy it, I highly doubt it's success. I'll wait until we know that it's not a failure before I spend a bunch of money to play Wii Sports in HD (most people don't have that camera).
    I didnt want the wii because I already owned a gamecube and got burned with that, comparing a wii to a PS3 is just wrong and saying its just wii hd is wrong thats like saying gow 2 in hd is the same as gow 3.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Don't you see that this is basically the Wii on the PS3 with maybe a couple of shooters that can be played with the wand.
    not only shooters!!! also rts games, western rpg games with mouse like controls, more enjoyable horror games etc.
    btw i wanna look how you will play pin-pong with ds3 )))

Supreme Veteran
    It's a positive video, glad to see wallmart passers by liked it.

If you're interested and have the money then buy it but be aware there is a (good) chance that it will not be successful and that in a couple years from now no one is making games for the controls. If you're okay with this possibility then buy it. Obviously if you want three players to play then you need to spend 150 for wands + 90 for navigators + 40 for the eye toy. Just don't get a game that requires two wants per player. Actually, isn't the pack-in disk include games that require two of the wands per player?
    Yeah it is expensive but it'll take off as the Wiimote has, it resembles the Wiimote & Nunchuck for those who know what the Wiimote is so I think Sony went with that familiarity as they know there is an already established market and basically Sony want to take it away from Nintendo more than anything.

The boxing and archery require 2 Move motion controllers, and like you said it's expensive but if you really want to enjoy it and can justify the price tag then people interested should buy it. I do not see it being a flop, but I think Sony need to know who they are marketing this for. Trying to market this to everybody at the same time doesn't seem efficient or productive.

They'll always have first party...
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Funny thing coming from you

Move is so hardcore.
    it always amazes me when they come in and make statements like that.

Sony samurai
    It's not the motion controls that made me not buy the Wii, I didn't buy it because I didn't want a next-gen consol with Game Cube hardware. People seem to think the reason someone doesn't buy the Wii is because of the motion controls which may be true for some but certainly not for all.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    It's not the motion controls that made me not buy the Wii, I didn't buy it because I didn't want a next-gen consol with Game Cube hardware. People seem to think the reason someone doesn't buy the Wii is because of the motion controls which may be true for some but certainly not for all.
    good point!!
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    Thats why I didnt buy it .

ERC1980
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    it always amazes me when they come in and make statements like that.
    after the major letdown that kinect is, sub-stance is just trying to vent his frustration.

expect more bitter posts like that.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    after the major letdown that kinect is, sub-stance is just trying to vent his frustration.

expect more bitter posts like that.

Im not frustrated....i happen to like move and plan on getting it. Kinect is not a letdown. There will be something on each everyone will enjoy. Those games they displayed for the move in the op do look boring ...no fun at all... Same old ps eye games...only difference is you are holing a wand.... Move will be better for the hardcore while kinect may be better for casual.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Yeah it is expensive but it'll take off as the Wiimote has, it resembles the Wiimote & Nunchuck for those who know what the Wiimote is so I think Sony went with that familiarity as they know there is an already established market and basically Sony want to take it away from Nintendo more than anything.
    The problem though is seeing its initial adoption rate. The main problem people seemed to have out of GDC was that Move seemed too derivative and that it needed to differentiate itself. Even Sony spent some PR time playing down the similarities in order to say, this isn't the Wii, this is something different, something more. Playing on the idea of familiarity is only going to bring things back to the idea that it's just Sony's version of the Wii Remote and if the public at large see it that way and already own a Wii, then why spend hundreds of more dollars for what may seem like more of what they already have? There are over 70 million Wii systems out there and every single one of those owners got the basic motion control experience out of the box, day one. There are over 30 million PS3s out there and the most available to them is the sixaxis functionality that went largely ignored. I'm not sure how well Eye of Judgment or standalone PSEye sales were, but I would imagine that things weren't too spectacular.

So you're left with the proposition of selling a more expensive product whether or not you're a current or prospective PS3 owner on the basis of familiarity because of the Wii's existence. No doubt the early adopters, the Sony gaming audience interested in Move will push some numbers but I would imagine its success is gonna depend on a lot more than familiarity and a "currently" minority interest. Now, that isn't to say it's impossible because even the balance board and WiiMotion Plus were additional purchases people had to invest in. The problem is however, does Sony have anything of WiiFit or WiiSports Resort calibur to make a hot topic of Move the same way WiiFit and WiiSports Resort made of their respective peripherals?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Im not frustrated....i happen to like move and plan on getting it. Kinect is not a letdown. There will be something on each everyone will enjoy. Those games they displayed for the move in the op do look boring ...no fun at all... Same old ps eye games...only difference is you are holing a wand.... Move will be better for the hardcore while kinect may be better for casual.
    Bold is a fact. kinect casual games are no better than whats on Move and Wii.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

wow people love it

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    good looking MILF at the end...
    I second that!!!:
    Sony BRAVIA 40" XBR4
    harman/kardon AVR1600
    1Tb PS3 slim
    500Gb PS4
    Toshiba S50D A
    AMD A10-5745M APU 2.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M
    8Gb RAM
    1Tb Hdd
    Windows 8

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post

Anybody up for a hardcore game of Whac-A-Mole & save the baby birds?

Last edited by ONQ; 06-18-2010 at 19:50.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Sony should allow Move stations like this in big entertainment stores everywhere during launch (stores like Best Buy as seen here) and people will quickly be chimed into the tech and buy it.

I think that will be one of the most effective ways to market the thing. Wii pretty much did the same thing.
    I agree 100% and I've said the same thing. Getting people's hands on this tech is what's going to sell it, the video in the OP is proof of this, not one person disliked it, and one guy even said that he wanted to throw his Wii out the window that's an amazing achievement, if a product can make someone, who's only spent minutes with it, abandon what they've relied on for possibly years in the blink of an eye, that's some serious potential.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Master Guru
    I liked the sorcery game very cool.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Forum Sage
    ONQ..i never said move couldnt do casual games ....move may do some better... no doubt both will have its own killer app...

Master Poster
    mainly liked it when i saw it with socom. cant wait to get my hands on this, so much to look forward to. + everything seems to be progressing at a nice pace

Veteran
    Here's the thing with the casual market though, kinect (as far as we know right now) is 150 bucks, add in a 360 console that becomes $450 for the same level of experience you get with a Wii for 200 dollars (different but no better except for graphics maybe). With a ps3 you spend around the same price as the 360 kinect bundle but you get a way better gaming experience (from watching that video, casual users can obviously see the difference) bluray player and games that the older brothers and dad would like to play instead of just the kids.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Bold is a fact. kinect casual games are no better than whats on Move and Wii.

We dont really know that yet.... I believe kinect casual will be more fun because of the ability to do 4 player mulit-player but time will tell.

Apprentice
    If you're interested and have the money then buy it but be aware there is a (good) chance that it will not be successful and that in a couple years from now no one is making games for the controls. If you're okay with this possibility then buy it. Obviously if you want three players to play then you need to spend 150 for wands + 90 for navigators + 40 for the eye toy. Just don't get a game that requires two wants per player. Actually, isn't the pack-in disk include games that require two of the wands per player?
    Man you are just plain cynical.

Are you on a mission to put people off the motion controller ? If you don't like them fair enough but don't make excuses for others not to want one.

1. Sony has enough great 1st party studios to produce games of highest calibre. Worry normally comes when you are more so relying on third party AKA Microsoft.

2. Additional controllers will cost more ? WTF ?!
    Of course they will and should too. If you can only afford one controller set than buy one & if you have means to buy more than do so.

Isn't this common sense in this capitalist world we live in ?

And if the one controller turns out to be SOOOO good and you really want more than you can afford than you can save up like you do (should) with other things in life.
    Last edited by archy141; 06-19-2010 at 01:02.
    . K_E_E_P___I_ T___R_E_A_L .
    "Without speculation there is no good and original observation" Charles Darwin

Apprentice

Though I'd rather be balanced than sound like a fanboy this is still kinda utterly disgusting, MS could atleast try to hide their money-hats, even a little.

If you go on Amazon, the difference in how they are promoting the Move and Kinect to customers is absurd! One is this massive video the other is in a little freaking box.

How much is MS paying for such ridiculously preferential treatment, given the tactics we not only saw from them at E3 but they are always known to use behind the scenes? Retailers should stay out of the system wars crap and remain balanced unless they are pushing exclusive bundles then you could atleast understand it...

Even if I didn't want the Move I'd want it to outsell MS's thing just to screw with how much money they are spending compared with how much money they are actually spending making the damned device work properly itself. "Well it kinda works, lets market the crap out of it even if barely does 1/3 of what we say it's supposed to".

That's enough of that though, time to get back to posting normally.
    Last edited by LightningBlade; 06-19-2010 at 01:14.

Thread Information