Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    It's not the motion controls that made me not buy the Wii, I didn't buy it because I didn't want a next-gen consol with Game Cube hardware. People seem to think the reason someone doesn't buy the Wii is because of the motion controls which may be true for some but certainly not for all.
    Good Post.

The wii is fun but not something id want to use on a regular basis the graphics and style of games just dont do it for me. Far play to Nintendo they have converted a lot of non-gamers into gaming. I wasnt all that interested in the MOVE probably as i knew little about it but after seeing SOCOM, Tiger woods and that fighting game im much more interested also the sports games could be something that me and the girlfriend could play together. IF the price is reasonable enough I might buy it but im not paying silly money.
    Last edited by rich2086; 06-19-2010 at 01:11.
    09/10 and 10/11 PSU Forum Fantasy Premier League Winner
    London Wolves/To Hell We Ride

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I believe kinect casual will be more fun because of the ability to do 4 player mulit-player

One camera and 4 players in a room doing very physical movements.. . Isn't that going to be difficult in reality - Like the analogy of the one bucket and 4 females trying to pee in it same time ? ? ?

I guess we will have to wait and see.
    . K_E_E_P___I_ T___R_E_A_L .
    "Without speculation there is no good and original observation" Charles Darwin

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by archy141 View Post
    Man you are just plain cynical.

Are you on a mission to put people off the motion controller ? If you don't like them fair enough but don't make excuses for others not to want one.

1. Sony has enough great 1st party studios to produce games of highest calibre. Worry normally comes when you are more so relying on third party AKA Microsoft.

2. Additional controllers will cost more ? WTF ?!
    Of course they will and should too. If you can only afford one controller set than buy one & if you have means to buy more than do so.

Isn't this common sense in this capitalist world we live in ?

And if the one controller turns out to be SOOOO good and you really want more than you can afford than you can save up like you do (should) with other things in life.
    I'm not on a mission to make people not get motion controllers. I'm trying to get people to understand that this will probably be a failure (as well as the Kinect). You have to understand that Sony is creating the Move to be direct competition with the Wii. There will be some games with Move functionality but those will be playable with the regular controller so there's not a lot of reason to buy the Move controller for them. The games that are going to be specific to move will likely be casual games since they're creating this as direct competition for the Wii. They want to emulate the Wii's success and pull in some of their console owners.

I'm on a mission to get people to wait and see what actual games are out for the Move before they go and buy it. There is a very good chance that the games will not be what they want and that many of the casuals that Sony hopes to pull over from Nintendo will not make the move. Those casuals actually willing to make the move will be split between this and the Kinect, thus creating a miserably small install base for both controllers for the foreseeable future. Speaking of casual games, the Kinect has fracking Kinectimals - if someone wants to play a Petz or Nintendogs game, they could pick those up on the DS for $5 in the clearance bin, why the hell do they think someone's going to buy their hardware to play that ****? I have a feeling the same kinds of games will be out on the PS3. Sure there will be the occasional game that the regular gamers will want but those will be few and far between and will not make the "investment" worthwhile, particularly if you don't already own the camera.

Seriously, is it really that big of a deal to wait a year? Or how about even 6 months to see if the games are the type you want to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I'm not on a mission to make people not get motion controllers. I'm trying to get people to understand that this will probably be a failure (as well as the Kinect). You have to understand that Sony is creating the Move to be direct competition with the Wii. There will be some games with Move functionality but those will be playable with the regular controller so there's not a lot of reason to buy the Move controller for them. The games that are going to be specific to move will likely be casual games since they're creating this as direct competition for the Wii. They want to emulate the Wii's success and pull in some of their console owners.

I'm on a mission to get people to wait and see what actual games are out for the Move before they go and buy it. There is a very good chance that the games will not be what they want and that many of the casuals that Sony hopes to pull over from Nintendo will not make the move. Those casuals actually willing to make the move will be split between this and the Kinect, thus creating a miserably small install base for both controllers for the foreseeable future. Speaking of casual games, the Kinect has fracking Kinectimals - if someone wants to play a Petz or Nintendogs game, they could pick those up on the DS for $5 in the clearance bin, why the hell do they think someone's going to buy their hardware to play that ****? I have a feeling the same kinds of games will be out on the PS3. Sure there will be the occasional game that the regular gamers will want but those will be few and far between and will not make the "investment" worthwhile, particularly if you don't already own the camera.

Seriously, is it really that big of a deal to wait a year? Or how about even 6 months to see if the games are the type you want to play?
    Well, what if your message goes out to 10 million people? You would be creating a self fulling prophecy by convincing 10 million people to not buy move. If everyone else goes around doing what you're trying to do, this thing will be doomed before it even gets released.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    For some it only takes 1 title to sell them the device. If no one else buys it who cares?

If you buy the Move for Socom and no one else in the world does, the ability to play Socom with your Move will always be there and for some this has sold them.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Gaming Guru
    If Sony can show me a AAA game that is built for the Move, which it won't cause AAA titles are extremely expensive and making that for an add-on is completely ridiculous. If they can at least make a really good game for Move, then I will be sold. Socom and Killzone are just thrown in there, not really made for the Move. So far Sorcery is showing that Move has extreme potential. If Sorcery turns out to be a great game and not just something thrown together, I will be sold on Move and buy it. Until then, it is just a gimmick and will fail just like Kinect.

I think Sony should bundle one wand with all PS3's. Take a loss but get as many Move controllers out there.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SonyJunkie View Post
    If Sony can show me a AAA game that is built for the Move, which it won't cause AAA titles are extremely expensive and making that for an add-on is completely ridiculous. If they can at least make a really good game for Move, then I will be sold. Socom and Killzone are just thrown in there, not really made for the Move. So far Sorcery is showing that Move has extreme potential. If Sorcery turns out to be a great game and not just something thrown together, I will be sold on Move and buy it. Until then, it is just a gimmick and will fail just like Kinect.

I think Sony should bundle one wand with all PS3's. Take a loss but get as many Move controllers out there.
    This is exactly what I'm saying above. The Wii was able to do well with it's motion controller because that IS it's controller. This controller is an add-on. Add-ons traditionally have poor sales. Combine that with the quality and type of games they're going to release, it just makes sense to wait.

If you're worried that everyone is going to wait because of me warning them, forget it. Look at this thread again, almost every single person in it disagrees with me. I'm simply trying to put out some advice that being an early adopter of this thing is probably not a good idea. Hopefully someone will take my advice but rest assured, the few that follow my advice are not going to make a significant change in the number of early adopters.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBlade View Post
    Though I'd rather be balanced than sound like a fanboy this is still kinda utterly disgusting, MS could atleast try to hide their money-hats, even a little.

If you go on Amazon, the difference in how they are promoting the Move and Kinect to customers is absurd! One is this massive video the other is in a little freaking box.

How much is MS paying for such ridiculously preferential treatment, given the tactics we not only saw from them at E3 but they are always known to use behind the scenes? Retailers should stay out of the system wars crap and remain balanced unless they are pushing exclusive bundles then you could atleast understand it...

Even if I didn't want the Move I'd want it to outsell MS's thing just to screw with how much money they are spending compared with how much money they are actually spending making the damned device work properly itself. "Well it kinda works, lets market the crap out of it even if barely does 1/3 of what we say it's supposed to".

That's enough of that though, time to get back to posting normally.
    There is the possibility that MS is simply directly paying for a lot more advertising space and Sony isn't. Remember, MS said that launching Kinect would be akin to a console launch so I imagine there is a lot coming down the pipeline in terms of advertising and generating buzz. I'm not sure if we know so much about what Sony is doing outside of public presentations and and a partnership with Coca Cola, or whatever. MS just seems willing to spend a lot more money than either Sony or Nintendo on things like this. I mean, look at their Cirque Du Soleil event? Absolutely garbage if you asked me but you can bet MS paid out a pretty penny for it.

Besides, if all of this works, then it works. Nintendo spent the most they ever have in advertising the Wii's launch and with the way some people act, you would think the Wii was garbage in a box. Yet, not even four years later, it's over 70 million in units sold, has some of the highest selling software in the industry's history, is outpacing the PS2 in terms of of sales during comparable time frames by over five million units and people keep coming back for more. It will be Sony's own fault if people don't make Move a success and a link ends up being drawn directly to their marketing exploits, despite the talk of it being the most accurate compared to other devices on the market, for example.

It's all a bit of give and take, make it work and move on from there.

Veteran
    I agree about the add on's usually failing, but they usually fail because they are poorly implemented and poorly supported, Move is neither. All of the major third parties are on board and are supporting move, as well as a lot of other studios as well, along with sony's own first parties. I think making existing games better is something the move is going to excel at, aiming with the Move in Socom 4, and Killzone 3 will be way better than using a traditional joystick not to mention the awesome functionality it will serve in little big planet 2, in both create and play modes, as well as the various sports games I'll probably play now that I wouldn't have before. But move is already showing signs of getting great new titles as well, echochrome 2 is really quite innovative in the way it uses it, and as others mentioned Sorcery looks like it's going to be awesome. It's pretty mind boggling to imagine how Sony's studios will utilize the technology, they have some amazing talent, can you imagine the kind of game ThatGameCompany could create? Or Team ICO!?
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^ The thing about move is it can play your normal standard games. Add-ons in the past have been usually quite specific like SingStar or something where you can only ever really play that type of game and bacause of it, developers don't really want to focus on it because it's something their not doing right now.

With the Move, it fits into almost any game already out there and can be as simple adding a new control scheme in the options. Thanks to the DualShock 3/Wii, I've read that even adding motion commands are a piece of cake too.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Thread Information