Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master Guru

BTV: PS3 Move Hands On Exclusive ( looks like everyone loves PlayStation's Moves)

Sony samurai
    They really seem to like it.

Dedicated Member
    I still dont like motion controlls but it's nice to see positive reactions from the public.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Evenone seems to love it, I like the kid that just screams out "Socom!"

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Guru
    I have a feeling that move will sell the most ....Cause its incredibly accurate and not frustrating,no matter the light conditions,you don't need to have a huge room to play it and...it will be used with regular games too.Imo i think we have a winner here even though its not the most advanced.All that Sony needs to do now,its market it and support it properly.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    I have a feeling that move will sell the most ....Cause its incredibly accurate and not frustrating,no matter the light conditions,you don't need to have a huge room to play it and...it will be used with regular games too.Imo i think we have a winner here even though its not the most advanced.All that Sony needs to do now,its market it and support it properly.
    But it is the most advanced. 1:1 depth tracking. Nothing touches the accuracy found with the Move. Hence the slogan "This changes EVERYTHING" Because very simply it does!

Master Guru
    Yeah i know,i mean advanced as no controller at all.But the era for no controller at all isn't yet mature for serious gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    Yeah i know,i mean advanced as no controller at all.But the era for no controller at all isn't yet mature for serious gaming.
    I don't know that not having a controller at all makes you more advanced. It's certainly different but if not having a controller means a lower fidelity of control and a lot more limitations then i'm not so sure that's more advanced. I don't know if gaming with no controller at all will really be practical because it isn't practical to stand up every time you want to play a video game, and it's not practical to crouch when you need to crouch in a video game, what about when you need to run or walk or be stealthy, or change weapons, or leap, or fly, etc. etc. There comes a point where if you over simplify your level of input you have to over simplify the gameplay to match. Sony learned that lesson with the Eyetoy.
    Last edited by edward_moffet; 06-18-2010 at 05:10.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_moffet View Post
    I don't know that not having a controller at all makes you more advanced. It's certainly different but if not having a controller means a lower fidelity of control and a lot more limitations then i'm not so sure that's more advanced. I don't know if gaming with no controller at all will really be practical because it isn't practical to stand up every time you want to play a video game, and it's not practical to crouch when you need to crouch in a video game, what about when you need to run or walk or be stealthy, or change weapons, or leap, or fly, etc. etc. There comes a point where if you over simplify your level of input you have to over simplify the gameplay to match. Sony learned that lesson with the Eyetoy.
    I said more "advanced" cause many people here think that no controller = more advanced,at least this what i understood from peoples reactions...I actually think that its limited.

Veteran
    Eyetoy Play PS3! Yes, getting this as soon as it comes out, but it may be difficult because I'll have to get the games from Amazon and the controller somewhere local.

I hope more games that can use straight camera, no move, also come out... Having both will show the versatility... So, yeah, again... HD remix of Eyetoy Play 1-3, Eyetoy Kinetic, Kinetic Combat, and Antigrav...
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 06-17-2010 at 10:51.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    Eyetoy Play PS3! Yes, getting this as soon as it comes out, but it may be difficult because I'll have to get the games from Amazon and the controller somewhere local.

I hope more games that can use straight camera, no move, also come out... Having both will show the versatility... So, yeah, again... HD remix of Eyetoy Play 1-3, Eyetoy Kinetic, Kinetic Combat, and Antigrav...
    They have HD Remixes of the kids Buzz! titles on the PSN, It would be silly not to remix Eye-Toy too especially since alot of the games have better tech running than Kinect does, at the moment. xD

Super Elite

So let me get this straight, when the Wii comes out, it's just a "gimmick". After it's huge success, Microsoft and Sony create motion controls. Now suddenly "It changes everything". I don't buy it. If anything, the motion controls released this week are more of a gimmick than the Wii ever was since they are add-ons. Add-ons almost always fail.

From what I've read, some games are going to require two of the move wands at $50 each per person and some will require a navigator with a wand. You'll need an eye toy. So for most people, they'll have to spend 50+50+30+40 = $170 to play any of the games single player. If you want to play any game two player you have to add another 130. That's too expensive.

I predict the motion controls will be a failure. I'd advise people that are concerned with throwing away money to NOT buy this on launch. Wait a year or so and see how many actually sell. This won't push consoles so the question is how many current owners will buy these add-ons? I'd guess a very small number. This will lead to a lack of game development and a failure of the add-on. Besides, the PS4 will probably be out in two years so why spend hundreds of dollars for new controllers on this thing? The new motion controls (for both consoles) will be failures.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 06-17-2010 at 12:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    So let me get this straight, when the Wii comes out, it's just a "gimmick". After it's huge success, Microsoft and Sony create motion controls. Now suddenly "It changes everything". I don't buy it. If anything, the motion controls released this week are more of a gimmick than the Wii ever was since they are add-ons. Add-ons almost always fail.

From what I've read, some games are going to require two of the move wands at $50 each per person and some will require a navigator with a wand. You'll need an eye toy. So for most people, they'll have to spend 50+50+30+40 = $170 to play any of the games single player. If you want to play any game two player you have to add another 130. That's too expensive.

I predict the motion controls will be a failure. I'd advise people that are concerned with throwing away money to NOT buy this on launch. Wait a year or so and see how many actually sell. This won't push consoles so the question is how many current owners will buy these add-ons? I'd guess a very small number. This will lead to a lack of game development and a failure of the add-on. Besides, the PS4 will probably be out in two years so why spend hundreds of dollars for new controllers on this thing? The new motion controls (for both consoles) will be failures.
    So you're saying its best for people to buy a whole new console ($400-$600 or more with these new devices) instead of just buying these controller sets (camera $34-40, 2 controllers $100 two subs $60 about $200)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Sorcery makes me want the Move.

Move: $50 - WiI Remote: $45
    Nav : $30 - Nunchuk: $25
    Eye : $35 - Motion Plus: $25

It's not THAT Expensive, I calculated it the other day... Move - without camera - is $5 cheaper for second player.
    Don't forget the rechargeable batteries for the wiimote! add $12 or a lot more over time, if people don't use rechargeable batteries.

edit: I forgot to say you can't use 4 navigators unless they are going to allow us to connect the navigator via the ext port.
    Last edited by Crazifanboi; 06-18-2010 at 02:58.

Dedicated Member

So for most people, they'll have to spend 50+50+30+40 = $170 to play any of the games single player. If you want to play any game two player you have to add another 130. That's too expensive.
    I don't think I could hold two wands and the navigation controller at the same time with only two hands. I'm sure you meant all the games to the fullest ability without using a DS3 though.

I agree that having to have 4 wands for the full experience in say the archery game for two people is pretty steep. I'll probably buy the wand+camera+game bundle and make do with the DS3 as a navigation controller before I invest another $30. Even before that though I'll hopefully be able to try it at a store or something to see how it feels.

Common sense isn't all that common.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Well im buying it, the casual games look fun, I can now play the games with my girlfriend, also my 2 year old nephew will love these games. As long as sony still supports us hardcore gamers im very happy. Also the controller will be staying which is great. As the advert says "this changes everything" 100% spot on.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Well im buying it, the casual games look fun, I can now play the games with my girlfriend, also my 2 year old nephew will love these games. As long as sony still supports us hardcore gamers im very happy. Also the controller will be staying which is great. As the advert says "this changes everything" 100% spot on.
    If you're interested and have the money then buy it but be aware there is a (good) chance that it will not be successful and that in a couple years from now no one is making games for the controls. If you're okay with this possibility then buy it. Obviously if you want three players to play then you need to spend 150 for wands + 90 for navigators + 40 for the eye toy. Just don't get a game that requires two wants per player. Actually, isn't the pack-in disk include games that require two of the wands per player?

Supreme Veteran
    It's a positive video, glad to see wallmart passers by liked it.

If you're interested and have the money then buy it but be aware there is a (good) chance that it will not be successful and that in a couple years from now no one is making games for the controls. If you're okay with this possibility then buy it. Obviously if you want three players to play then you need to spend 150 for wands + 90 for navigators + 40 for the eye toy. Just don't get a game that requires two wants per player. Actually, isn't the pack-in disk include games that require two of the wands per player?
    Yeah it is expensive but it'll take off as the Wiimote has, it resembles the Wiimote & Nunchuck for those who know what the Wiimote is so I think Sony went with that familiarity as they know there is an already established market and basically Sony want to take it away from Nintendo more than anything.

The boxing and archery require 2 Move motion controllers, and like you said it's expensive but if you really want to enjoy it and can justify the price tag then people interested should buy it. I do not see it being a flop, but I think Sony need to know who they are marketing this for. Trying to market this to everybody at the same time doesn't seem efficient or productive.

They'll always have first party...
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Yeah it is expensive but it'll take off as the Wiimote has, it resembles the Wiimote & Nunchuck for those who know what the Wiimote is so I think Sony went with that familiarity as they know there is an already established market and basically Sony want to take it away from Nintendo more than anything.
    The problem though is seeing its initial adoption rate. The main problem people seemed to have out of GDC was that Move seemed too derivative and that it needed to differentiate itself. Even Sony spent some PR time playing down the similarities in order to say, this isn't the Wii, this is something different, something more. Playing on the idea of familiarity is only going to bring things back to the idea that it's just Sony's version of the Wii Remote and if the public at large see it that way and already own a Wii, then why spend hundreds of more dollars for what may seem like more of what they already have? There are over 70 million Wii systems out there and every single one of those owners got the basic motion control experience out of the box, day one. There are over 30 million PS3s out there and the most available to them is the sixaxis functionality that went largely ignored. I'm not sure how well Eye of Judgment or standalone PSEye sales were, but I would imagine that things weren't too spectacular.

So you're left with the proposition of selling a more expensive product whether or not you're a current or prospective PS3 owner on the basis of familiarity because of the Wii's existence. No doubt the early adopters, the Sony gaming audience interested in Move will push some numbers but I would imagine its success is gonna depend on a lot more than familiarity and a "currently" minority interest. Now, that isn't to say it's impossible because even the balance board and WiiMotion Plus were additional purchases people had to invest in. The problem is however, does Sony have anything of WiiFit or WiiSports Resort calibur to make a hot topic of Move the same way WiiFit and WiiSports Resort made of their respective peripherals?

Apprentice
    Man you are just plain cynical.

Are you on a mission to put people off the motion controller ? If you don't like them fair enough but don't make excuses for others not to want one.

1. Sony has enough great 1st party studios to produce games of highest calibre. Worry normally comes when you are more so relying on third party AKA Microsoft.

2. Additional controllers will cost more ? WTF ?!
    Of course they will and should too. If you can only afford one controller set than buy one & if you have means to buy more than do so.

Isn't this common sense in this capitalist world we live in ?

And if the one controller turns out to be SOOOO good and you really want more than you can afford than you can save up like you do (should) with other things in life.
    Last edited by archy141; 06-19-2010 at 01:02.
    . K_E_E_P___I_ T___R_E_A_L .
    "Without speculation there is no good and original observation" Charles Darwin

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by archy141 View Post
    Man you are just plain cynical.

Are you on a mission to put people off the motion controller ? If you don't like them fair enough but don't make excuses for others not to want one.

1. Sony has enough great 1st party studios to produce games of highest calibre. Worry normally comes when you are more so relying on third party AKA Microsoft.

2. Additional controllers will cost more ? WTF ?!
    Of course they will and should too. If you can only afford one controller set than buy one & if you have means to buy more than do so.

Isn't this common sense in this capitalist world we live in ?

And if the one controller turns out to be SOOOO good and you really want more than you can afford than you can save up like you do (should) with other things in life.
    I'm not on a mission to make people not get motion controllers. I'm trying to get people to understand that this will probably be a failure (as well as the Kinect). You have to understand that Sony is creating the Move to be direct competition with the Wii. There will be some games with Move functionality but those will be playable with the regular controller so there's not a lot of reason to buy the Move controller for them. The games that are going to be specific to move will likely be casual games since they're creating this as direct competition for the Wii. They want to emulate the Wii's success and pull in some of their console owners.

I'm on a mission to get people to wait and see what actual games are out for the Move before they go and buy it. There is a very good chance that the games will not be what they want and that many of the casuals that Sony hopes to pull over from Nintendo will not make the move. Those casuals actually willing to make the move will be split between this and the Kinect, thus creating a miserably small install base for both controllers for the foreseeable future. Speaking of casual games, the Kinect has fracking Kinectimals - if someone wants to play a Petz or Nintendogs game, they could pick those up on the DS for $5 in the clearance bin, why the hell do they think someone's going to buy their hardware to play that ****? I have a feeling the same kinds of games will be out on the PS3. Sure there will be the occasional game that the regular gamers will want but those will be few and far between and will not make the "investment" worthwhile, particularly if you don't already own the camera.

Seriously, is it really that big of a deal to wait a year? Or how about even 6 months to see if the games are the type you want to play?

I'm not on a mission to make people not get motion controllers. I'm trying to get people to understand that this will probably be a failure (as well as the Kinect). You have to understand that Sony is creating the Move to be direct competition with the Wii. There will be some games with Move functionality but those will be playable with the regular controller so there's not a lot of reason to buy the Move controller for them. The games that are going to be specific to move will likely be casual games since they're creating this as direct competition for the Wii. They want to emulate the Wii's success and pull in some of their console owners.

I'm on a mission to get people to wait and see what actual games are out for the Move before they go and buy it. There is a very good chance that the games will not be what they want and that many of the casuals that Sony hopes to pull over from Nintendo will not make the move. Those casuals actually willing to make the move will be split between this and the Kinect, thus creating a miserably small install base for both controllers for the foreseeable future. Speaking of casual games, the Kinect has fracking Kinectimals - if someone wants to play a Petz or Nintendogs game, they could pick those up on the DS for $5 in the clearance bin, why the hell do they think someone's going to buy their hardware to play that ****? I have a feeling the same kinds of games will be out on the PS3. Sure there will be the occasional game that the regular gamers will want but those will be few and far between and will not make the "investment" worthwhile, particularly if you don't already own the camera.

Seriously, is it really that big of a deal to wait a year? Or how about even 6 months to see if the games are the type you want to play?
    Well, what if your message goes out to 10 million people? You would be creating a self fulling prophecy by convincing 10 million people to not buy move. If everyone else goes around doing what you're trying to do, this thing will be doomed before it even gets released.

Ultimate Veteran
    Wow, stop trying to talk people out of it.

PS3 allows for precise Wii like controlls, HD and now 3D + PSN online gaming.

Say what you like, the Wii cannot track depth. This is where the Move excels.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Wow, stop trying to talk people out of it.

PS3 allows for precise Wii like controlls, HD and now 3D + PSN online gaming.

Say what you like, the Wii cannot track depth. This is where the Move excels.
    I'm trying to help people understand their decision they're REALLY making. The choices are simple, spend a ton of money on something that has a good chance of failure or wait and see if it succeeds before dropping 200-300 bucks on hardware alone....

So you don't like that people understand what they're getting into? Welcome to 32X city.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'm trying to help people understand their decision they're REALLY making. The choices are simple, spend a ton of money on something that has a good chance of failure or wait and see if it succeeds before dropping 200-300 bucks on hardware alone....

So you don't like that people understand what they're getting into? Welcome to 32X city.
    You know, Life is about choices right? Win Or lose. if you like what you see it doesn't matter what OTHERS! think about it.

Opinions every human has ONE!!

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style

OK time to set the score straight for one thing, only 4 move controllers can be used at once so any game with more then 2 players has to only use 1 each, and ANY game that supports 2 controllers per person ALSO supports 1 controller set up as well you dont have to use 2 its your choice.

Thread Information