Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by labwarrior View Post
    So, the video to prove anything ? I still dont get one

U2 was good looking back then, but after the vast scale, detail in forests and next gen lighting in Alan Wake, U2 looks just passable comparing to me
    Oh brother. I've heard everything now.

BringIT
    So, the video to prove anything ? I still dont get one

U2 was good looking back then, but after the vast scale, detail in forests and next gen lighting in Alan Wake, U2 looks just passable comparing to me
    lol.... ok i thought u were serious in the previous posts...

i get it now. u were joking. u got me good!!

labwarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Oh brother. I've heard everything now.
    I just state facts, U2 scale is far smaller, real forests are non existent and the lighting is not even close to Alan Wake

Those are the facts, now i understand some dont like them and will never admit the facts, but facts are facts, admit them or not, facts dont change

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    October 2009 isnt even 1 year yet.
    i heard that Elena has a huge forrest, does that count?
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

labwarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    October 2009 isnt even 1 year yet.
    i heard that Elena has a huge forrest, does that count?
    If you can provide a video, yes, of course

BringIT
    The extremely tiny scale of U2 is enough for me to strip it of any chance of graphical superiority

The lack of real forests too or the lack of dynamic volumetric lighting etc

As i said, it is down to what you like best, a tiny space with some trees stuck in the walls or a real looking huge open place, filled with trees everywhere in a 3D space and next gen lighting

I will choose Alan Wake perks anyday over crisper image and textures with coriddors
    ok you r just being down right ridiculous...

in the scientific community, we call this NID syndrome. Noob in Denial Syndrome. i suggest that u get a extensive mental psychiatry help from your local hospitals before this NID syndrome destroy ur life!!!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunalho View Post
    Seeing the words "Uncharted 2" and "hardly next gen" in the same sentence is something to behold. I guess all the reviews, praise and tons of awards were fake. lol.

Im out, no use keeping this up.
    its preety insane i agree i mean even at b3yond 3D they gave praise to U2...AW gets compared to U2 and it doesnt hit the mark...you cannot argue someones opinion. But the facts are AW isnt winning any visual awards not getting any praise for anything more then its lighting engine....

sad fact...and theres nothign you can do about it really but just hope AW 2 ends up being a better game launched at a better time .
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

BringIT
    I just state facts, U2 scale is far smaller, real forests are non existent and the lighting is not even close to Alan Wake

Those are the facts, now i understand some dont like them and will never admit the facts, but facts are facts, admit them or not, facts dont change
    u realize the everyone is just laughing at you right now.... thats how ridiculous ur statements are...

its NID syndrome.. get it checked out

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

The irony in your post is astounding.

labwarrior
    Alan Wake graphics are actually praised enough, and at this age, not in U2 age

With Rage and Crysis 2 around, i did not expect AW to get any awards anyway, things change and graphics move forward

Gamingtrend
    Graphics: 97
    Lighting engine is the best I've ever seen
    Environments are lush and visually stunning

Extra Large Gaming
    Graphics: 95

Chud
    It sure is a great looking game. The environments are truly breathtaking, and you'll want to just stop and check out the sights. When you get to a high point it seems like you can see for miles without anything breaking up. Of course the lighting in the game is absolutely astounding as well, although it's a bit strange that they don't put you in complete darkness too often

Xboxaddict
    Visuals: 9.2 / 10
    So let me say this....you will not want this game to end, you will not want to take the straight path, you will want to seek out every corner of the game. You will be amazed at the scenery, the scope of the visuals and the details featured throughout

Hardgame2
    Graphics 9.5

Planetxbox360
    Graphics 9
    The graphics department is so strong that it only serves to add to the overall experience that is Alan Wake. The lighting system is superb (the developers had no choice but to nail this) and other than some minute frame-rate jumps and a few blurry textures we have no complaints in the looks department. Simply put it's one of the best looking Xbox 360 games out there.

IGN UK
    9.5 Graphics
    Refreshingly, Alan Wake's story occurs almost exclusively outdoors and developer Remedy should be applauded for its cohesive, uniformly beautiful game world. There's a real sense of place as you trudge through abandoned mining towns, forests and farm yards, taking in local landmarks and stunning hill top vistas
    Characters models disappoint but the stunning lighting effects, breathtaking mountain vistas and pain-staking attention to detail make Alan Wake's journey unforgettable.

Todojuegos
    Graficos: 9.5

Gamepro.de
    Graphics: 10/10
    +
    Landscapes
    Locations
    Special effects

Todoxbox360
    Graficos: 9.5/10

Gamer365(Hungarian) Alan Wake 9.5/10
    PROS
    - The presentation: one of the best looking Xbox360 game.
    - Fantastic atmosphere, that won't let you stop playing.

Vandal
    Graphics 9.1

3djuegos
    Graphics 9

Gamerevolution
    Alan Wake also looks gorgeous. The lighting, weather, and particle effects are simply stunning. Sure, theres a bit more motion blur than is probably necessary and the edges of objects can look fuzzy and pixilated from time to time, but it all fits into the games dream-like tone

Videogamer
    Graphics 9
    Much has been made of Alan Wake's less-than HD resolution, but the bottom line is that it's a stunning looking title. No game released so far this generation features lighting effects more impressive, or so much going on. At times, with the wind blowing, smoke in the air, objects flying around, flares alight and enemies coming at you, there'd be an argument for this being one of the most visually striking games ever released. It's that impressive. During certain dramatic moments the game even pauses and pans around Alan, giving you a chance to take it all in.
    Things take an unfortunate turn for the worse during the game's many non-interactive cutscenes, however. Quite why isn't clear, but in these scripted video sequences the animations appear to be jerky and the lip syncing is terrible. It doesn't hurt the overall experience too much, as the voice acting is still excellent and the direction superb, but compared to the high quality on show at all other times, it's somewhat jarring to see a car judder along a road and a woman speak as though she's a ventriloquist's dummy.
    The world is linear, with the path to your objective usually quite obvious, but there are just enough 'off the beaten path' locations to make you believe Bright Falls is a real place

Meristation
    Visualmente bellisimo, con elementos sorprendentes.

Destructoid
    The game manages to be one of the most visually accomplished 360 games out there. The game has a fantastic and evocative artistic style, and there are some wonderful setpieces and lighting.

Worthplaying
    When you're not engaged in nighttime combat, Alan Wake offers players stunning visuals of the Pacific Northwest. Natural vistas are rendered superbly, with soaring mountaintops and lush treetops. By and large, Alan Wake is a visually gorgeous game and one that serves to showcase the visual prowess of the Xbox 360.

Xbox360achievements
    Graphics 9
    Remedy have done great things with Alan Wakes setting, creating a wide-open and varied environment with suitably impressive character models. Throw in some fantastic lighting effects and the only mark against the score is the obvious sub-720p visuals at various points in certain cutscenes.

IGN US
    Graphics 9
    Stellar lighting effect and environmental design foster an atmosphere of authenticity to make the scares and thrills more affecting. Bright Falls and its forested mountainous surroundings are masterfully realized and resonate with realism.
    Outstanding environmental design and some brilliant visuals and sound make Bright Falls and its mountainous surroundings look and feel alive

Nzgamer
    Graphics 9

Gameplanet
    A beautifully crafted world, stunningly presented

Gamepro
    PROS: Strong story and haunting conclusion; great voice-acting; gorgeous environments

411mania
    Graphics look amazing throughout the game.
    Graphically, the game looks great. The light and darkness adds a lot to the graphics with various effects. Plus, Bright Falls and the surrounding area has a lot of detail and is great to explore. While it may not be open world, you can still get off the beaten trailer and wander around to see the area while you get to the next area.

Co-optimus
    Your quest will take you through dark forests, lumber mills, lakesides, tunnels, and farms; all making the area of Bright Falls feels like an eerily realistic setting for the horror that unfolds before you

Filefront
    Pros:
    Addicting, clever story
    Beautiful lighting
    Immersive setting

Itwire
    Exceptional graphics

Perezstart
    Locations, both man-made and natural, all look amazingly realistic, and the changes in weather and time of day are very well done. Considering how much detail there is in Alan Wake, especially when there are never any noticeable loading times, Im highly impressed Remedy was able to fit all of it onto 1 disc

Loudmouthedgamers
    Graphics: The imagery inside the game can be breathtaking. Giant snow capped mountains surround Bright Falls and in the initial opening sequence of the game the view is spectacular and continues to be spectacular throughout the game. The water looks real as does the surrounding areas. Since you spend so much time in the dark Remedy wants you to experience the game as if you were there. So they ask you to adjust the brightness of the game to their required specs. It is really important to the story to follow this instruction. When you are in the dark you feel like you are there with only a flashlight to guide you. It feels like they spent a lot of time getting the dark just right. You really have to focus to make your way around just like in real life. Every area looks like a natural environment that looks like it was painstakingly created.

Justpushstart
    For an Xbox 360 game, Alan Wake has pushed the limits of the console by rendering a very crisp and detailed environment. The very precise and detailed designs of the dark forest in Bright Falls will give gamers an eerie and atmospheric experience. You can expect most of your time running through the dark forest while finding your way through to the next area. Aside from the detailed environments, gamers will take notice of the lighting effects in the game. For the first time ever, Alan Wake is the pioneering the game that uses the lighting effects to produce a perfect shadow

Aeropause
    Yes, the lighting effects are amazing in Alan Wake

Techland
    If Beauty Is In the Eye of the Beholder, Then This Game Is: Hypnotically Moody. Clearly, the interplay between light and shadow means a lot in Alan Wake and the graphics execute that relationship beautifully. The way that lights smoulder through the forest haze and flares emit a vital but eerie glow that just makes everything feel very charged with threat. Shadows dance with your every move and the whole time you're fighting off panic that the world of Bright Falls isn't just a backdrop; it feels alive and full of mystery and personality. The art direction really shines with regard to how environments look and feel in Alan Wake. While the sun is up, Bright Falls looks like a peaceful, quaint tourist town in the Pacific Northwest. It makes you want to visit that part of the country. But, the same locations where you were chatting up folks become eerily malevolent at night
    Read more: http://techland.com/2010/05/05/to-fa...#ixzz0n4wRYGrr
    http://plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/alan_wake_arv_01.jpg

Incgamers
    Atmospheric, gripping, gorgeous, and clever

Capsulecomputers
    The graphics are also beautiful. Remedy has left no visual detail overlooked in the development of Alan Wake. The lighting and environment add to the atmosphere of the game, which adds to the thrill of the game.

Escapist Magazine
    Gorgeous mountain scenery

Computer and Videogames
    Beautiful, believable world
    At points, thanks to gorgeous visuals, a standout score and deafening, psychedelic sound effects, Alan Wake really does feel like an interactive Hollywood disaster movie

Gameinformer
    Graphics:
    A combination of beautiful landscape details and realistic lighting effects make Alan Wake one of Xbox 360s visual darlings

OXM online
    Just look at the pics

Gamereactor
    Graphics 9/10
    Amazing graphics, atmospheric, scary sound

Gamezone
    Graphics 9/10

Spaziogames
    Graphics 9/10

Junkie Gamer
    Setting the scene for Alan Wake, Remedy have truly delivered, the town of Bright Falls and the surrounding areas are gorgeous and reminiscent of the type of back water town seen in Rambo

NZ Herald
    Brilliant environments

Electric Pig
    Employing spookily realistic lighting effects, Alan Wake looks fantastic

VG Chartz
    The internet buzz on Alan Wake has clearly revolved around its amazing graphics and whether they can top anything else currently on the 360. Yes it does. Graphically it beats out Gears of War with relative ease. The environments, the character models, and the incredible lighting effects all add up to make Alan Wake an absolute beauty

Venture Beat
    The graphics are by-and-large beautiful, although flaws show up frequently in the animations. From Cauldron Lake to the town of Bright Falls, the depiction of natural beauty is wonderful. The water is reflective. The forests are full of foliage with wind-blown trees, bushes, plants and dirt. At night, the malevolent Dark Presence takes control and a scary mood takes over. The foliage then becomes a place where the enemies can hide and ambush you

labwarrior
    The fanboys in this forum are rally desparate as it seems

I am sure right now are going to each of the above site forums and bash the reviews

Elite Member
    If you can provide a video, yes, of course
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oCp...eature=related

spot check ur lighting ....so ur wrong there...check its even slowed down for u..

click HD of course.

and scale
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKS8g...eature=related look at the animation....and that entire level is all rendered in real time ...the cut scenes aswell all engine...look at how fluid everything is and the physics of the flags etc...everything has life so to speak ....look at the amount of animation to the level and the chacter as the action heats up..

this level of animation and level design is not present in AW

U2s levels are 3.6 GBs in some parts...thats almost half of a entire DVD9 compressed DVD. lol

that vid is in SD...but physics wise...sorry kid...nice try...AW 2 has the hope of doing it though because there isnt another action game right now on 360 to look foward to really..

Elite Member
    it seems ur the only fan boy to be honest...lol

labwarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rblover69 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oCp...eature=related

spot check ur lighting ....so ur wrong there...check its even slowed down for u..

click HD of course.

and scale
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKS8g...eature=related look at the animation....and that entire level is all rendered in real time ...the cut scenes aswell all engine...look at how fluid everything is and the physics of the flags etc...everything has life so to speak ....look at the amount of animation to the level and the chacter as the action heats up..

this level of animation and level design is not present in AW

U2s levels are 3.6 GBs in some parts...thats almost half of a entire DVD9 compressed DVD. lol

that vid is in SD...but physics wise...sorry kid...nice try...AW 2 has the hope of doing it though because there isnt another action game right now on 360 to look foward to really..
    That is on rails, sorry, i meant real open spaces, not jumping from coriddor to coriddor

See my Alan Wake videos for reference

BringIT

I am sure right now are going to each of the above site forums and bash the reviews

For real??? u dug up all the reviews from Metacritic?? and not mention that it got 83 Review??? what did UC2 get?? oh yea 96 on meta...

this is wut happens when fan boy has too much time on his hands.... not to mention the fact that u dug some of these up from xbox sites... meaning they compare only to other xbox games....

and where does it say its better than UC2??

how many times i have to tell u??? NID syndrome ruins LIVES!!! GET UR SELF CHECKED!!
    Last edited by BringIT; 07-14-2010 at 00:59.

labwarrior
    Gamingtrend

Well, there, that comes after U2 review and clearly states that lighting looks better in AW

So, how does U2 look better ?
    Last edited by labwarrior; 07-14-2010 at 01:00.

labwarrior
    Videogamer
    Graphics 9
    Much has been made of Alan Wake's less-than HD resolution, but the bottom line is that it's a stunning looking title. No game released so far this generation features lighting effects more impressive, or so much going on

Well, the plot thickens, reviewers have conspired against U2 it seems

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    That is on rails, sorry, i meant real open spaces, not jumping from coriddor to coriddor

See my Alan Wake videos for reference
    What the hell is the difference?! Big deal, you can't walk around the entire space that is on screen. It still looks better and has better detail than anything environment in Alan Wake. What good is walking if all you're doing holding a flashlight, running to the next checkpoint? And really...? A big forest? That's why Alan Wake is so much better than Uncharted? "OH NOES!! I DON'T HAVE A FOREST TO RUN AROUND IN! THIS GAME SUX!!"

Please...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Both games excel in areas where the other doesn't. /thread

BringIT
    Gamingtrend

Well, there, that comes after U2 review and clearly states that lighting looks better in AW

So, how does U2 look better ?
    again comparing to xbox games not PS3 exclusives....

u have not played the god dam UC2 yet.... why are u r arguing?? and the whole thread is making fun of u straight up...

BringIT
    i am being put hold by this cust rep so let me entertain u a bit
    Eurogamer
    "Alan Wake is an accessible, undemanding game with a neat combat mechanic and decent visuals. It's just not a very original game, it's certainly not an exceptional one, and it's a shame it wasn't ready a few years ago."

IGN on AW
    " Graphics
    Stellar lighting effect and environmental design foster an atmosphere of authenticity to make the scares and thrills more affecting."

IGN on UC2
    Graphics
    "....Your jaw will drop."

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    lol cant believe anyone thinks uncharted 2 isnt the best graphics this gen so far. Its just unbelievable.

Thank you itachi

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    lol cant believe anyone thinks uncharted 2 isnt the best graphics this gen so far. Its just unbelievable.
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO
    If thats hardly next gen then let me go put my copy of killzone 2 into my ps2 cause if uncharted 2 arent next gen then surely killzone 2 is a ps2 title.

10 seconds later seems i need a new ps2 and new copy of killzone 2!

*i kid i kid*

Thank you itachi

BringIT
    lol i feel like this thread turned into bash Labwarrior thread

Thread Information