Not sure if the client itself will be 64bit but the overlay will be for use with 64bit games.
You need to access the beta to be able to use it. (instructions in the quote below)
Now the overlay should work with any 64bit games you own like Crysis or Farcry and anyothers hopefully.
I just tested Far Cry and it works fine.
The Beta also gives us tabbed chat windows
SourceThere's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select Beta Update, and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:
- Fixed a bug with new chat windows in the in-game overlay showing in the top left of the screen instead of correctly tabbed when first received
- Fixed a bug with HTML pop-up windows not sizing correctly
- Changed overlay hot-key detection to not consider ctrl-shift-tab to be the same as shift-tab, thus allowing itís use in tabbed chat/browsing in-game
- 64 bit build of the in-game overlay (useable now with any 64bit non-Steam game you may add)
- 64 bit builds of Steamworks DLLs (for upcoming titles)
- Fixed links in game details news body having incorrect font size
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Steam 64bit support
Steam 64bit support
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Ontario, Canada
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
Does this mean Crysis games on steam will now offer 32 AND 64 bit versions?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)