Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    why nobody is having Ps3 the lead platform is still confusing me. lazy *******s.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    In-case anyone did not know, mafia 2 was in development for 8 years, it was going to be released on ps2/xbox but the xbox 360 and ps3 came out, so they had to change their engine and redo the whole game with the new consoles in mind. Still sad that the 360 versions gets grass blood and the clothes physics but the ps3 version does not.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...t=80282&page=8

This thread is full ps ps3 users who where waiting for the answer to why the ps3 version is and weather it has the grass, blood or clothes movement like the 360 and pc version since they where absent from the dmeo.

A 2k employee who is in charge of marketing and such for mafia 2 said she would get us a answer about this problem, she had got this answer from the 2k devs who are working on the game since she works there.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...=80128&page=55 Theres the original post, name 2K Elizabeth
    Thanks for the link
    Reading now..
    My faith is dropping slowly now

Edit:
    Man,after reading that (took awhile) i feel somewhat cheated.
    I don't think i'll buy the game now but i'll rent it to atleast enjoy a one playthrough though.
    Everything from this "Elizabeth" is sounding very rotten and is leading to a bad 'Port'.
    I cant believe the downplaying and misleading stuff i'm hearing now.

I regret asking now for the link
    But thanks anyway.

Shame.
    Last edited by Linconan; 08-17-2010 at 03:45. Reason: Updating

Superior Member

I just recently played the PS3 demo out of curiosity. Yeah, theres shorter grass and the clothes don't move when he runs. BIG DEAL. If you guys are that picky over such little things, then get the PC version. The game looks GREAT on my PC on highest detail, but I will still be getting this game on my 360, because I don't nitpick over such things.

Like I said, if you guys want to nitpick over grass or clothes movement, get it for PC, because you are on the wrong platform if you nitpick over things like that.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...t=80282&page=8

This thread is full ps ps3 users who where waiting for the answer to why the ps3 version is and weather it has the grass, blood or clothes movement like the 360 and pc version since they where absent from the dmeo.

A 2k employee who is in charge of marketing and such for mafia 2 said she would get us a answer about this problem, she had got this answer from the 2k devs who are working on the game since she works there.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...=80128&page=55 Theres the original post, name 2K Elizabeth
    Wow, 360 version is superior - confirmed. Also theres this.
    http://n4g.com/news/585419/mafia-ii-...cloth-movement

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ufo8mycat View Post
    I just recently played the PS3 demo out of curiosity. Yeah, theres shorter grass and the clothes don't move when he runs. BIG DEAL. If you guys are that picky over such little things, then get the PC version. The game looks GREAT on my PC on highest detail, but I will still be getting this game on my 360, because I don't nitpick over such things.

Like I said, if you guys want to nitpick over grass or clothes movement, get it for PC, because you are on the wrong platform if you nitpick over things like that.
    its more then just that, even mafia 1 seemed to have better looking grass:

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/grass.png

That link off the mafia 2 boards, the bottom one has WAY better looking grass.. and its from freaking 2002!

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Man, those look SLICK.

Master Guru
    Why they saying optimize?They should say under utilize instead,cause thats exactly what they doing

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    it sucks people won't buy the game because a few missing features.

Your holding of buying it because theres no grass, Really?

Actually i usually don't agree with people that say i wont buy the game etc,but imo this is one of the worst ports in ages,and its 2010 already.If they want people to buy their game they might as well make a better effort,they didn't optimized anything that PR bull.What they did is obvious,they treated PS3 as a PC and just remove features from it to be able to run "stable".I don't think we should reward them for what they did.And if the PS3 version sells like **** they will get the message.
    Last edited by arfi-gorgona-O; 08-17-2010 at 05:40.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post

Actually i usually don't agree with people that say i wont buy the game etc,but imo this is one of the worst ports in ages,and its 2010 already.If they want people to buy their game they might as well make a better effort,they didn't optimized anything t
    This is how PC only gamers feel most of the time when they get the usual average port from consoles.

But yeah, it seems the majority will buy the game regardless and the developers know this, thus they intend not to put any extra optimisations into it to save money. Thing is, I played the PS3 demo and I enjoyed it just as much as the 360 demo and PC demo, even though it's graphically inferior and missing objects. It doesn't impact the fun factor of the game for the majority of people, so 2k don't bother to optimise it further.

I can see this game selling just as well as the 360 and PC versions.

But yeah I agree, half ***'ed efforts shouldn't be supported.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Well aint this a kick in the teeth, according to someone on the Mafia 2 boards - Mafia 2 on PS3 was outsourced, by a "up and coming development studio in Vancouver, British Columbia".

Quote Originally Posted by CasualtyOfGreed-From Mafia 2 Forums
    You shouldn't stand by these poor results, and we shouldn't think we are getting a 2K product, when we are getting a mediocore port of a 2k product. If you claim it isn't a port, get Massive Bear to take down Mafia 2 PS3 from their portfolio, since they seem to think they worked on the outsourced PS3 version of your game:
    http://www.massivebear.com/mbport.html
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...80128&page=103

Post #1030, says Massive bear "ported" PS3 version,

http://www.massivebear.com/mbport.html

Who the hell are they? They some noob company? I wonder how true this guys statement is. He seems to act like a developer, lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Not sure where I read it but I knew before I played the demo it was being ported by some Canadian chaps.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Not sure where I read it but I knew before I played the demo it was being ported by some Canadian chaps.
    Really? I had no idea, I read that and I was all.. Wtf?! Then I went all "Who the hell are they?"

Which I dont get, Why would 2K choose some unknown people to make the PS3 version? Why not Digital Extremes (They helped with Bioshock, and make B2 multiplayer), or another well known group

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Power Member
    Items User name style
    What I would like is a somone to call these developers out, not whinge about it being a poor port, but actually point to a game that say, does do grass like the 360 verison does.
    Then at leats we can have a discussion about poor porting or lazy devlopers.

But untill someone can actually say "see these guys did it, why the **** cant you", it just sound slike poeple ar emaking excuses.

I'm sick of excuses, I want to see real evidence.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    What I would like is a somone to call these developers out, not whinge about it being a poor port, but actually point to a game that say, does do grass like the 360 verison does.

But untill someone can actually say "see these guys did it, why the **** cant you", it just sound slike poeple ar emaking excuses.

Go look at RDR, PS3 version had SOME grass - 360 version had LOTS.

Mafia 2 is completely different, 360 has grass - PS3 has some PS1 quality green and yellow smudge.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Go look at RDR, PS3 version had SOME grass - 360 version had LOTS.

Mafia 2 is completely different, 360 has grass - PS3 has some PS1 quality green and yellow smudge.
    Yeah, but that only stranghtens the point, I mean the grass in RD is clumped, this is a different technique again (looks like the fur/grass shder).

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    meh apart from the controls i was more than happy with the PS3 version and thats the version i will be picking up on release

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wow, 360 version is superior - confirmed. Also theres this.
    http://n4g.com/news/585419/mafia-ii-...cloth-movement
    Thanks for this.

360 it is then.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Wow guys, wow...................

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member
    I was originally going to get the Ps3 version...but after reading through all this depressing news I'll probably grab the 360 version.

Dedicated Member
    So those nice looking shots of the ps3 exclusives where in fact 'bullshots'!?!?! Haha stupid 2k trying to shift out gash ports with complete lies.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by camo View Post
    So those nice looking shots of the ps3 exclusives where in fact 'bullshots'!?!?! Haha stupid 2k trying to shift out gash ports with complete lies.
    According to 2K elizibeth, what you see in the demo - is what we get in the full release. 2K Jack even claims there are "no differences" at one point. Aint that funny

Yeah, but that only stranghtens the point, I mean the grass in RD is clumped, this is a different technique again (looks like the fur/grass shder).
    They could at least attempt to put some places, RDR at least attempted to do that. Which shows effort on there part, Mafia 2 devs has literally no grass - but a less then PS2 texture (Mafia 1 had better "grass"), which just shows lack of trying.

After being fed all these images, and then trying to the demo - then images showing screenshots from PS3 DLC.. but then being told its from PC, I feel discouraged.. and almost lied too. I was going to get it thinking its one thing, but now its going to be something less then what was shown.

And we're still not getting 100% answers, and the game releases this Tuesday. I'll still get it, but not at full price. Especially not that I now know its outsourced to some unknown company. :/
    Last edited by Fenix; 08-17-2010 at 12:33.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Elite Member

I don't know, I'm sure lot's of developers would love to cut into the either console's drawbacks and blame their troubles on that.

I'm quite sure they are not allowed to discuss technical limitations of either console to any real depth. It almost never happens, and when it does it's the generic "no standard hdd/blu-ray" and "cell is too complex/memory is split" stuff.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    From the 2k forums, the game isn't a port. Why do people keep saying that? They've said that separate teams for each version were employed.

The 2k forums are up in arms too lol. It's kinda funny seeing some of the posts over there. The PR chica that is responding is all class too. It makes them even more mad when she doesn't engage in their trolling lol. I've read through 82 pages so far lol. It's like a novel hehe.

I'll get some decent caps done this afternoon of both versions of the demo. Downloading them now.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    From the 2k forums, the game isn't a port. Why do people keep saying that? They've said that separate teams for each version were employed.

The 2k forums are up in arms too lol. It's kinda funny seeing some of the posts over there. The PR chica that is responding is all class too. It makes them even more mad when she doesn't engage in their trolling lol. I've read through 82 pages so far lol. It's like a novel hehe.

I'll get some decent caps done this afternoon of both versions of the demo. Downloading them now.
    Shes not really helping though, case in point is this:
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...&postcount=541

Pretty much confirming everything they are up in arms over, and 2K Jack has even claimed there is no difference between versions. There sure is differences.

EDIT:

Cant find the other one, but theres this:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...&postcount=803

"The 2 console versions look nearly identical. Neither looks better than the other." < 3 weeks ago

EDIT2:

I bet if they didnt try and say "There are no differences", and posted those images (I assume it was them) a lot of people wouldnt be all up and arms over there as much as they are. They were pretty much lead to believe that the demo was an old build, and the final would be up to par. But what 2K Elizabeth says.. it's going to be exactly like the demo. So a lot of people feel lied to by 2K Jack.. pretty much, they should of shut up forever ago and I doubt it would of been this bad. I mean, thats my main issue at least.
    Last edited by Fenix; 08-17-2010 at 13:15.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    So PS3 looks nicer for me so i pick it up for the ps3. But maybe its just i donīt have a 360 and hate MS

Thread Information