Page 169 of 180 FirstFirst ... 159169179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4499
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    Don't forget to buy Sony's new handheld i hear it will be made by children too
    Even better... that's not until the third quarter of the year. Surely I can find some way to exploit these kids before then.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Even better... that's not until the third quarter of the year. Surely I can find some way to exploit these kids before then.
    Just exploit them for the sake of Exploiting them and if they step out of line Tasor the little ****ers :P

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Just exploit them for the sake of Exploiting them and if they step out of line Tasor the little ****ers :P
    I used some code from geos git and hacked my tazer to unlock the full potential it has. Line 'em up! lol

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Lol fear and arif that was a good read
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    He is clever no doubt about it.As for the ones that donated its up to them,if i had enough money to donate,id rather donate them to a good cause for people that are hungry and dying,rather than an arrogant *** like him.But its up to the person and their priorities in life

Im am selling my ps3 and tv as we speak to help children #sarcasm

Apprentice
    wow reading this crap makes me believe that most of you here have no soul.

shame.....

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Chulo View Post

shame.....
    Sold my soul so I could afford my bills... no need having any luxuries..

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chulo View Post

shame.....
    Having a Soul is soooo 80's

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Lol fear and arif that was a good read
    Yes, yes it was. Lightens up the mood of this topic -- which was needed. Let's see what he does next.

Forum Sage

Geo's lawyers are ready to "pwn" Sony... errr SCEA.

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...10327185437805

Way too long to quote here, but it is a very very interesting read.
    Interesting. Not surprised SCEA would play this dirty.

Sublimely Static

No, they are going to run into a wall on that one. And it is going to be funny.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticneuron View Post
    No, they are going to run into a wall on that one. And it is going to be funny.
    Guess we'll see..

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Yeah, maybe you and those other suckers who donated money can fund Geo's next South American vacation umm..I mean legal defense.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-30-2011 at 06:20.

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah, maybe you and those other suckers who donated money can fund Geo's next South American vacation umm..I mean legal defense.
    this has already been discussed can we please move on ?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    ... and I'd gladly donate again if he asked. I think we've been through this before.... Keep on rollin'.

Sublimely Static
    Guess we'll see..
    Well, let me do my best armchair lawyer summation of the accounts. Keep in mind I am sure I have done this before in the case and it turned out as expected.

It is also worth noting that SCEA has failed to proffer any PSN TOS that could be applicable to Mr. Hotz, even assuming everything SCEA has said is true, because the PSN TOS SCEA has proffered was created after Mr. Hotz purportedly created a PSN account.
    Sony isn't going after him for violating the TOS, Simply are trying to prove he was aware of their existence. There is precedence for damage done against a company to have the jurisdiction around the HQ of said company.

Now, SCEA claims that Mr. Hotz must have created a PSN account for the name “blickmaniac” because the serial number of one of the Playstation Computers that Mr. Hotz purchased-- including 3 Playstation Computers that were purchased used-- was used to register a PSN account. The serial number utilized by SCEA, however, is different from the serial number proffered by Mr. Hotz's attorney
    Which is false. Only the first 11 Digits are the serial number and they are trying to argue descrepencies between part numbers. It is still from the same machine.

To be clear, Sony Japan-- not SCEA-- is responsible for manufacturing, distributing, and marketing the Playstation Computer. Sony Japan is the owner of all rights, title, and interest in, to and under the copyrights in the PS3 Programmer Tools, although SCEA misleadingly lists this information under the heading “SCEA's Copyrights and Copyright Licenses”. Complaint, 30. On the other hand, SCEA, which is not even a subsidiary of Sony Japan, focuses on the sales of products and video games. Complaint, 22. SCEA develops, markets and distributes video games, and speaks extensively about video games in its pleadings. Opposition, p2. However, Mr. Hotz' actions have nothing to do with video games and the Code does not provide users the ability to run pirated video games or any other pirated software, as SCEA claims. Opposition, p2.
    Presumably, had one of Sony Japan's hundreds of affiliates initiated a lawsuit in a different forum, such affiliate would modify the discourse to argue that Hotz focused on music (e.g., Sony Music Entertainment, Inc.), movies (e.g., Sony Pictures Classics, Inc.), electric components (e.g., Sony Corporation, Inc.), or some other aspect tangentially related to the Playstation Computer in an attempt to confer jurisdiction in such forum. The Playstation Computer provides for many functions-- in fact, it's slogan is that “It Only Does Everything”. The fact that Mr. Hotz purportedly impacted the Playstation Computer does not mean that all of these affiliates, including component manufacturers in China, can suddenly claim that Mr. Hotz directed his activities toward them.
    When one purchases a Playstation Computer and looks at its outer box, it has plastered on numerous places that it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It only references Sony Japan-- not SCEA. When one takes the Playstation Computer out of its box and inspects it, it states it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It does not reference California. When one installs the Playstation Computer firmware update that Mr. Hotz allegedly circumvented, which can legally be obtained through the internet as Mr. Hotz did, upon installation, it only refers to Sony Japan.
    1. SCEA "was" the legal representation for SCE in America and a subsidiary. Period. This has been known for many years and constantly put to the test. The PS2 DRE lawsuits were handled by SCEA not SCE. SCEA is responsible for the marketing and distribution of Playstation consoles (PSP, PS2, PS3 and soon to be NGP) in canada, US and latin america. It is false and misleading to try to claim they only deal with the games. SCE doesn't behave as an entity in any of these countries, they are always legally represented by the subsidiaries.

2. The quote in question Hotz' lawyer is trying to put through mental gymnastics is
    “If you want your next console to be secure, contact me, any of you three.”
    At first they want to make a big deal out of SCEA omitting the any of you three part. It doesn't matter if it is there or not, the three can logically be construed as MS, Nintendo and Sony, The comment is still directed at sony, the fact that he also directed it at two other companies is irrelevant to this case. Also "if you want your next console" basically locks it down to a very specific division of sony. That would be SCE in general and in turn involves any subsidiary in charge of that locale.

3. The box and documents state SCE, which is an all encomassing term for SCEJ/SCEasia, SCEE and SCEA. They use that terminology because products and games can be used interchangeably between divisions so an all encompassing term for the branches suit best.

4. You have to ask the court to file something under seal. Sony filed under seal after the motions were granted by the court. If the files being sealed somehow hindered the courts ability "to do its work" I doubt they would have granted it.

Groklaw has been terribly suspect with the presentation of this case especially with the side commentary that is either inane or simply false. Going everywhere from talking about Sony BMG and bringing up PlayStation Suite as if it has any relevance. If I was only to follow and believe groklaw I would be continuously stunned and amazed at how much Sony has defeated over the OtherOS case and the actions granted in the Hotz case. Because instead of looking at the facts straight, the amount of spin Groklaw has put on this, makes sony's court achievements seem miraculous. To me, this type of spin only seems prevalent in those trying to defend hotz as if this case is symbolic of something greater. It isn't.
    Hacking won't ever stop. Homebrew and piracy will not stop. And Hotz winning won't bring positive things to the table. People honestly think that Sony wouldn't adapt to what went wrong and try something even more horribly restrictive but legally sound? There is no win for any real gamers supporting Hotz and there is no win for homebrew supporters either.
    Last edited by Staticneuron; 03-30-2011 at 14:37.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I disagree with your assessment of it, and agree with what I posted. So again, we'll see.

Sublimely Static
    Well other than part 2 and the last paragraph which are opinions. 1, 3 and 4, revolve around facts. It should be painfully obvious that hotz team is spinning for all its worth.

GMOESAF
    you guys are still going on about geohotz the things moved on oh yeah Graf another ps3 dev whos trying to bring back linux got $28,000 in donations for ps3 legal defence fund lols in under a week

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by GMOESAF View Post
    you guys are still going on about geohotz the things moved on oh yeah Graf another ps3 dev whos trying to bring back linux got $28,000 in donations for ps3 legal defence fund lols in under a week
    I'm not even debating it.. just giving the news, and my opinion on that. Others are more than welcome to disagree, but I will be leaving it at that. We'll see how it all plays out.

Elite Sage
    Does anyone know if Yakuza 4 needs or will update to 3.60 FW if I install it because I just bought it before but don't want to run the risk of installing the 5 gig Mandatory install if it's gonna update my Firmware ???

Im getting another PS3 on Friday anyways so I could easily just wait till then

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If it has a firmware update, it'll tell you before the game launches.

Elite Sage
    If it has a firmware update, it'll tell you before the game launches.
    ah ok Cheers

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Apparently Geohot didn't know SCEA 'existed'...

Lawyers for George Hotz, the most famous PlayStation 3 hacker in the world, say his client thought Sony was a Japanese company and had no idea that Sony Computer Entertainment of America even existed.

The Sony v. Geohot case is complicated and I'm easily confused, so maybe there's something about this particular argument that makes sense and it's just going over my head. I could buy the idea that George Hotz didn't know Sony Computer Entertainment of America was based in California, but his argument that he didn't know it existed at all? That's a little tougher to swallow. That's his story, though, and it looks like he's sticking to it.

"When one purchases a PlayStation Computer and looks at its outer box, it has plastered on numerous places that it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It only references Sony Japan - not SCEA," his lawyer explained in a court filing. "When one takes the PlayStation Computer out of its box and inspects it, it states it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It does not reference California. When one installs the PlayStation Computer firmware update that Mr. Hotz allegedly circumvented, which can legally be obtained through the internet as Mr. Hotz did, upon installation, it only refers to Sony Japan."

Hotz also declared in a separate document - under penalty of perjury, mind - that he was unaware of the existence of Sony Computer Entertainment of America. He claimed that the manuals for the used consoles he purchased, which are the only documentation included with the system that actually mention SCEA or California, were either missing or got tossed out without being looked at, and that the one that came with the new Slim system he purchased has never been looked at and is in fact still sealed. His lawyer even took multiple photographs of the package and unopened manuals as proof that Hotz never read it and thus knew nothing about SCEA.

Why is this important? It's a matter of establishing jurisdiction. Hotz and his lawyers are arguing that the case should be thrown out because the state of California doesn't have jurisdiction over the matter and while the idea that he'd never heard of SCEA is patently silly, if Sony can't prove otherwise it might find itself in a bit of a sticky wicket.

Sony ran into similar issues when it tried to pin newly-created PSN accounts on Hotz, claiming that the Terms of Service agreement establish jurisdiction, but that argument appears to have fallen through since the serial number in question doesn't actually match up and the company has been unable to provide any other links between the accounts and Hotz.

And if you're wondering why Hotz kept the packaging and still-sealed manuals for the PS3 Slim he bought while everything else ended up in the garbage, the answer is simple. "Because it was pretty," he said.
    This guy....

Source

EDIT: For the record, I count 9 references of 'SCEA' on the back of my original 60GB box. 3 in 3 different languages. So 3 under the English section, 3 under French, and 3 under Spanish. It has the link: scei.co.jp/ps3-eula twice, and it mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. about 15 times.
    Last edited by .RAID3N.; 03-31-2011 at 14:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

GMOESAF
    I'm not even debating it.. just giving the news, and my opinion on that. Others are more than welcome to disagree, but I will be leaving it at that. We'll see how it all plays out.
    wasnt talking about you dude was talking about the noobs who dont get this is about consumer rights

Thread Information