Page 170 of 180 FirstFirst ... 160170 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4498
  1. #4226
    I'm a real boy!
    Tyrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,500
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    Apparently Geohot didn't know SCEA 'existed'...



    This guy....

    Source

    EDIT: For the record, I count 9 references of 'SCEA' on the back of my original 60GB box. 3 in 3 different languages. So 3 under the English section, 3 under French, and 3 under Spanish. It has the link: scei.co.jp/ps3-eula twice, and it mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. about 15 times.


    That's pretty much about what law is about, especially because there's so many laws that go so deep. The whole point isn't to prove who is inherently right, but to prove how the other side is wrong. In the very least provide evidence to support why the other side is wrong.
    Last edited by Tyrien; 03-31-2011 at 14:59.

  2. #4227
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,612
    Rep Power
    252
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    Apparently Geohot didn't know SCEA 'existed'...



    This guy....

    Source

    EDIT: For the record, I count 9 references of 'SCEA' on the back of my original 60GB box. 3 in 3 different languages. So 3 under the English section, 3 under French, and 3 under Spanish. It has the link: scei.co.jp/ps3-eula twice, and it mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. about 15 times.
    I posted a link that is a lot more in depth about it...
    Just how many times have you actually READ your box since you've had it lol?




  3. #4228
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,660
    Rep Power
    113
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I posted a link that is a lot more in depth about it...
    Just how many times have you actually READ your box since you've had it lol?
    I Honestly don't think I read the box once lol.

  4. #4229
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    I Honestly don't think I read the box once lol.
    I've looked at my box for both ps3's I've owned. lol.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  5. #4230
    Veteran
    .RAID3N.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    85
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I posted a link that is a lot more in depth about it...
    Just how many times have you actually READ your box since you've had it lol?

    Is it the Ars Technica article? This one was posted a while after so I thought it was new.

    Also, I'm not sure what that question has to do with anything when this is the what was brought up by the defense:

    "When one purchases a Playstation Computer and looks at its outer box, it has plastered on numerous places that it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It only references Sony Japan—not SCEA.," the document explained. "When one takes the Playstation Computer out of its box and inspects it, it states it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It does not reference California.
    So that is completely false.

    But to answer your question, every time I stumble across it, I take a little glance at it. Just for old times sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

  6. #4231
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,612
    Rep Power
    252
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That question wasn't posed at the actual legality of it or anything, rather it was a rhetorical question aimed at another reply that was posted in this thread.




  7. #4232
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That question wasn't posed at the actual legality of it or anything, rather it was a rhetorical question aimed at another reply that was posted in this thread.
    i really wish people would get off the whole geohot vs. sony bus its getting old.



  8. #4233
    Apprentice
    Bobbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    i really wish people would get off the whole geohot vs. sony bus its getting old.
    Not much else to do, homebrew on the PS3 is simply boring (mosty the same old emulators that were ported to a plethora of systems already) which leaves only news about "backup" managers.

  9. #4234
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,660
    Rep Power
    113
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Home brew is Getting Boring ??? Even though Dual Boot CFW is on the way from Graf and Kmeaw

  10. #4235
    Master Guru
    arfi-gorgona-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    87
    But it will offer what?You cant go on PSN if you run an older version....So whats the point of a Dual Boor firmware.I don't think they spoke about the new ver firmwares.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

  11. #4236
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,612
    Rep Power
    252
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Look, it takes time to learn the PS3. There are some really good things in the pipeline, right now the media player (like xbmc) is working, and the guy is improving it, etc.

    Dual boot.. being able to boot the official firmware for PSN, and the custom firmware for homebrew. How doesn't that offer something?




  12. #4237
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Look, it takes time to learn the PS3. There are some really good things in the pipeline, right now the media player (like xbmc) is working, and the guy is improving it, etc.

    Dual boot.. being able to boot the official firmware for PSN, and the custom firmware for homebrew. How doesn't that offer something?
    people fail to realize that coding for the ps3 is completely different than any other system, not to mention it took like 2 years before psp homebrew took off



  13. #4238
    Master Guru
    arfi-gorgona-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    87
    Don't you want the latest firmware in order to go on PSN?If i Dual boot a hacked 1.55 and an official one what good it will do for me? Simple question...
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

  14. #4239
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    Don't you want the latest firmware in order to go on PSN?If i Dual boot a hacked 1.55 and an official one what good it will do for me? Simple question...
    /facepalm you obviously dont understand cfw. you could go online with the official one and still boot into a custom one, what dony you understand about that?



  15. #4240
    Master Guru
    arfi-gorgona-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    87
    I think its you that you don't understand.....I will ask again maybe this time you will get it.Can you go online with a firmware that is OLDER than the latest one?Or do they mean that you can boot the latest one and the whatever CfW?
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

  16. #4241
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    I think its you that you don't understand.....I will ask again maybe this time you will get it.Can you go online with a firmware that is OLDER than the latest one?Or do they mean that you can boot the latest one and the whatever CfW?

    depends if there is a bypass, and in theory that is why they are working on a dual boot



  17. #4242
    GMOESAF
    Guest
    guess none of the people here have heard of showtime homebrew on the ps3 bypass all that cinavia crap play mkv files the ps3 was soo locked down by sony but not anymore

    and the dual boot they are working on is linux with cfw not cfw and ofw

  18. #4243
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by GMOESAF View Post
    guess none of the people here have heard of showtime homebrew on the ps3 bypass all that cinavia crap play mkv files the ps3 was soo locked down by sony but not anymore

    and the dual boot they are working on is linux with cfw not cfw and ofw

    Yeah i assumed it was havent read much on it but theoretically you could dual boot both



  19. #4244
    Member
    Zelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    33
    I myself am against these hacks as it leads to ingame hacking on the multiplayer which I hate. I run CFW on my PSP because I only use it for single player so it doesn't bother me. Maybe Sony should go to some of the homebrew devs and bring the homebrews to the PS3 in a new update to save people hacking their consoles and risk getting a ban.

    Thanks x6teen for the sig!

  20. #4245
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,612
    Rep Power
    252
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelo View Post
    I myself am against these hacks as it leads to ingame hacking on the multiplayer which I hate. I run CFW on my PSP because I only use it for single player so it doesn't bother me. Maybe Sony should go to some of the homebrew devs and bring the homebrews to the PS3 in a new update to save people hacking their consoles and risk getting a ban.
    Um, that's a weird stance to take isn't it? Against PS3 hacks, but ok for PSP?

    Also, Sony used to allow homebrew, but they took it away when they removed Linux.




  21. #4246
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Um, that's a weird stance to take isn't it? Against PS3 hacks, but ok for PSP?

    Also, Sony used to allow homebrew, but they took it away when they removed Linux.

    i think hes against online hacking



  22. #4247
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,612
    Rep Power
    252
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    What's that got to to with cfw being ok on the PSP (where this is online cheating and hacking), and cfw/hacks on the PS3? That's what I was commenting about.




  23. #4248
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,375
    Rep Power
    68
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What's that got to to with cfw being ok on the PSP (where this is online cheating and hacking), and cfw/hacks on the PS3? That's what I was commenting about.

    because most people didnt play the psp online so online hacking didnt bother them



  24. #4249
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,612
    Rep Power
    252
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    most, meaning an anecdotal response... the stance seems mighty hypocritical. Anyways.. I think we are clear what my post meant, moving on.




  25. #4250
    Sublimely Static
    Staticneuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vekta
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,995
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What's that got to to with cfw being ok on the PSP (where this is online cheating and hacking), and cfw/hacks on the PS3? That's what I was commenting about.

    Because the vast majority of MP titles on the PSP isn't actually "online" with strangers, but normally in close proximity with other players. Which brings to mind another interesting question. What games are you referring to when you mention online cheating with the PSP?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.