Latest PSU headlines:

Page 170 of 180 FirstFirst ... 160170 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4500
    I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    Apparently Geohot didn't know SCEA 'existed'...

This guy....

Source

EDIT: For the record, I count 9 references of 'SCEA' on the back of my original 60GB box. 3 in 3 different languages. So 3 under the English section, 3 under French, and 3 under Spanish. It has the link: scei.co.jp/ps3-eula twice, and it mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. about 15 times.

That's pretty much about what law is about, especially because there's so many laws that go so deep. The whole point isn't to prove who is inherently right, but to prove how the other side is wrong. In the very least provide evidence to support why the other side is wrong.
    Last edited by Tyrien; 03-31-2011 at 14:59.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    Apparently Geohot didn't know SCEA 'existed'...

This guy....

Source

EDIT: For the record, I count 9 references of 'SCEA' on the back of my original 60GB box. 3 in 3 different languages. So 3 under the English section, 3 under French, and 3 under Spanish. It has the link: scei.co.jp/ps3-eula twice, and it mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. about 15 times.
    I posted a link that is a lot more in depth about it...
    Just how many times have you actually READ your box since you've had it lol?

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I Honestly don't think I read the box once lol.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    I Honestly don't think I read the box once lol.
    I've looked at my box for both ps3's I've owned. lol.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam

Is it the Ars Technica article? This one was posted a while after so I thought it was new.

Also, I'm not sure what that question has to do with anything when this is the what was brought up by the defense:

"When one purchases a Playstation Computer and looks at its outer box, it has plastered on numerous places that it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It only references Sony Japan—not SCEA.," the document explained. "When one takes the Playstation Computer out of its box and inspects it, it states it is a product of Sony Japan and all rights belong to Sony Japan. It does not reference California.
    So that is completely false.

But to answer your question, every time I stumble across it, I take a little glance at it. Just for old times sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That question wasn't posed at the actual legality of it or anything, rather it was a rhetorical question aimed at another reply that was posted in this thread.

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    That question wasn't posed at the actual legality of it or anything, rather it was a rhetorical question aimed at another reply that was posted in this thread.
    i really wish people would get off the whole geohot vs. sony bus its getting old.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    i really wish people would get off the whole geohot vs. sony bus its getting old.
    Not much else to do, homebrew on the PS3 is simply boring (mosty the same old emulators that were ported to a plethora of systems already) which leaves only news about "backup" managers.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Home brew is Getting Boring ??? Even though Dual Boot CFW is on the way from Graf and Kmeaw

Master Guru
    But it will offer what?You cant go on PSN if you run an older version....So whats the point of a Dual Boor firmware.I don't think they spoke about the new ver firmwares.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Look, it takes time to learn the PS3. There are some really good things in the pipeline, right now the media player (like xbmc) is working, and the guy is improving it, etc.

Dual boot.. being able to boot the official firmware for PSN, and the custom firmware for homebrew. How doesn't that offer something?

Veteran
    Look, it takes time to learn the PS3. There are some really good things in the pipeline, right now the media player (like xbmc) is working, and the guy is improving it, etc.

Dual boot.. being able to boot the official firmware for PSN, and the custom firmware for homebrew. How doesn't that offer something?
    people fail to realize that coding for the ps3 is completely different than any other system, not to mention it took like 2 years before psp homebrew took off

Master Guru
    Don't you want the latest firmware in order to go on PSN?If i Dual boot a hacked 1.55 and an official one what good it will do for me? Simple question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    Don't you want the latest firmware in order to go on PSN?If i Dual boot a hacked 1.55 and an official one what good it will do for me? Simple question...
    /facepalm you obviously dont understand cfw. you could go online with the official one and still boot into a custom one, what dony you understand about that?

Master Guru
    I think its you that you don't understand.....I will ask again maybe this time you will get it.Can you go online with a firmware that is OLDER than the latest one?Or do they mean that you can boot the latest one and the whatever CfW?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    I think its you that you don't understand.....I will ask again maybe this time you will get it.Can you go online with a firmware that is OLDER than the latest one?Or do they mean that you can boot the latest one and the whatever CfW?

depends if there is a bypass, and in theory that is why they are working on a dual boot

GMOESAF
    guess none of the people here have heard of showtime homebrew on the ps3 bypass all that cinavia crap play mkv files the ps3 was soo locked down by sony but not anymore

and the dual boot they are working on is linux with cfw not cfw and ofw

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMOESAF View Post
    guess none of the people here have heard of showtime homebrew on the ps3 bypass all that cinavia crap play mkv files the ps3 was soo locked down by sony but not anymore

and the dual boot they are working on is linux with cfw not cfw and ofw

Yeah i assumed it was havent read much on it but theoretically you could dual boot both

I myself am against these hacks as it leads to ingame hacking on the multiplayer which I hate. I run CFW on my PSP because I only use it for single player so it doesn't bother me. Maybe Sony should go to some of the homebrew devs and bring the homebrews to the PS3 in a new update to save people hacking their consoles and risk getting a ban.

Thanks x6teen for the sig!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelo View Post
    I myself am against these hacks as it leads to ingame hacking on the multiplayer which I hate. I run CFW on my PSP because I only use it for single player so it doesn't bother me. Maybe Sony should go to some of the homebrew devs and bring the homebrews to the PS3 in a new update to save people hacking their consoles and risk getting a ban.
    Um, that's a weird stance to take isn't it? Against PS3 hacks, but ok for PSP?

Also, Sony used to allow homebrew, but they took it away when they removed Linux.

Veteran
    Um, that's a weird stance to take isn't it? Against PS3 hacks, but ok for PSP?

Also, Sony used to allow homebrew, but they took it away when they removed Linux.

i think hes against online hacking

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    What's that got to to with cfw being ok on the PSP (where this is online cheating and hacking), and cfw/hacks on the PS3? That's what I was commenting about.

Veteran
    What's that got to to with cfw being ok on the PSP (where this is online cheating and hacking), and cfw/hacks on the PS3? That's what I was commenting about.

because most people didnt play the psp online so online hacking didnt bother them

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    most, meaning an anecdotal response... the stance seems mighty hypocritical. Anyways.. I think we are clear what my post meant, moving on.

Sublimely Static

Because the vast majority of MP titles on the PSP isn't actually "online" with strangers, but normally in close proximity with other players. Which brings to mind another interesting question. What games are you referring to when you mention online cheating with the PSP?

Thread Information