Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 161171 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4499
    Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticneuron View Post
    Because the vast majority of MP titles on the PSP isn't actually "online" with strangers, but normally in close proximity with other players. Which brings to mind another interesting question. What games are you referring to when you mention online cheating with the PSP?

actually socom ftb2 had an average of 6000 players online after a 2 years of it being out psp hacks were out of control

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    multiMAN 1.16.12 CHANGELOG

Added: new options in options.ini: [usb_mirror], [verify_data] and [download_dir]
    Added: support for new version of "ebootFIX" tool (PSN-style XMB games)
    Added: support for ™, and symbols when renaming game titles (converts (TM) (R) and (C) to ™, and )
    Changed: Max number of games in the list set to 2048
    Added: [START]+[SELECT] restarts multiMAN
    Added: RELOAD.SELF to multiMAN USRDIR folder (this way multiMAN can be launched from other applications)
    Added: support for XMB*.PNG images in themes (XMB0.PNG->PIC0.PNG, XMB1.PNG->PIC1.PNG, XMB2.PNG->PIC2.PNG)
    Added: proper detection of spoofed firmwares
    Added: /ps3_home/archive folder for .mmiso. experimental support (not available yet)
    UPDATE_FIX: * Fixed: Prompt to change PARAM.SFO when launching newer games
    UPDATE_FIX: * Fixed: Prompt to change PARAM.SFO version even when PS3 FW version is the same

Apprentice
    out of curiosty,
    is 3.60 hackable at this very moment? :P LOL!!!!
    Last edited by Chulo; 04-03-2011 at 05:26.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Is it hackable? Yes. Is it hacked? There isn't anything available to the public.

lmao forever

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chulo View Post
    out of curiosty,
    is 3.60 hackable at this very moment? :P LOL!!!!
    Not sure what is so funny about this comment? You always laugh at your own comments as if they are funny.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    How do you update Multiman cause I downloaded the base 1.12 version the other day but don't know how to update it unlike Gaia

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    How do you update Multiman cause I downloaded the base 1.12 version the other day but don't know how to update it unlike Gaia
    Just install the .pkg like you would anything else. Or while in multiMAN you can press R3

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Tnx dude

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Tnx dude
    No problem. If you are running Kmeaw you can update straight from multiMAN by pressing R3. I am using Wutangrza so I have to download the updates from the source and find the update with "WT" in the title. Thinking about switching to Kmeaw.

Elite Sage
    yer im Running Kmeaw's 3.55 and moe than happy to stick with his CFW he's posted that if enough people want it he will get a Dual-Boot CFW running which im waiting for.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    yer im Running Kmeaw's 3.55 and moe than happy to stick with his CFW he's posted that if enough people want it he will get a Dual-Boot CFW running which im waiting for.
    Ya as soon as he releases that I will be switching.

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    No problem. If you are running Kmeaw you can update straight from multiMAN by pressing R3. I am using Wutangrza so I have to download the updates from the source and find the update with "WT" in the title. Thinking about switching to Kmeaw.
    I changed a couple of weeks ago, for no real reason other than to try it. Everything worked as it did before but with extra functionality (like the R3 update thing). And, of course, everything was still there. If you have a spare 5 mins you should switch.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    I changed a couple of weeks ago, for no real reason other than to try it. Everything worked as it did before but with extra functionality (like the R3 update thing). And, of course, everything was still there. If you have a spare 5 mins you should switch.
    Will I have to install a different multiMAN or will the one installed now work? Will my emulators and everything need to changed? I am lazy and bored right now but I think I will go ahead and do it.

I assume I should probably install the official 3.55 and then the Kmeaw cfw

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise_ View Post
    Changes will happen at a developer level that will render future games unusable with the current Mod. Extra software on discs and creating larger file sizes will limit the usefulness of the current Mod.

If things get into a firmware battle, Sony will win. It'll be a cat and mouse chase, but Sony can revoke and change the keys as often as they like. Publishers will support this, despite the hassle, because it will make them more money in the long run.

Those are a couple of things out of the many Sony can do. Sony haven't been so arrogant that they never thought the PS3 would be exploited in some form. They have contingency plans, with several steps they are prepared to take to safeguard their investment.

Hackers are clever people, but they can only hack/MOD around the limitations before them. If Sony keep changing the limitations and make the hackers jump through hoops, the hackers may find a one size fits all solution eventually, but then Sony will take the next step.

I'm anti-piracy, anti-homebrew and anti-backup. My view is that if you don't look after your own property to begin with, that's your fault.

I'm not concerned in the slightest about this MOD. I'll continue to update my firmware every time its offered to me. Sony are concerned however, but what they do likely won't affect me.

Sony own their firmware and will do everything within their power to stop unsigned code running on it. They can take firmware steps, but they can also attack those who do not upgrade to the latest firmware.

This will likely be my last contribution to this thread. I'm not interested in this MOD at all. I'll only come in regularly to make sure you are all following the rules.

I agree with this statement completely. If these hackers want to make something that already exists "better," or "easier to develop for," then they should take all that computer knowledge and use it to make a gaming device on their own. as far as putting a different OS on it, why? what is there is good enough. everything that is on the PS3 is is everything i want. if new features come out, great. i'm all for it. i have no need to make "hacks" or "mods" to change anything. if Sony creates updates or whatever to keep the PS3 safe from this hacking crap, then that's awesome. i'm all for it. whatever it takes to keep it legitimate.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pitofskulls View Post
    If these hackers want to make something that already exists "better," or "easier to develop for," then they should take all that computer knowledge and use it to make a gaming device on their own.
    I think all this has been discussed in great lengths in this topic. Homebrew on PS3 is pretty much rubbish by now if compared to a cheap PC with an Intel Atom. I also don't think there will be much happening, developers mostly stay away from the PS3 because just as you said: There are better platforms to waste your time on as a developer. And then about hackiking: All that is happening are backup managers, no 3.55, no 3.60. The PS3 "scene" is pretty lousy so far and that's probably also because Sony is actively pursuing any hacker.

But that's old discussion, judging by this topic with only a handful regular posters it seems that there isn't a lot of interest in PS3 hacking anyway. Even the recent developments about the return of Linux on the PS3 haven't stirred this forum up which probably proves how "important" this feature has been to most of us (although I still disagree with Sony removing it, but I have to admit that I never cared much about it since).

Forum Sage

I will wait to put a custom firmware on my PS3 until there is one out there that is as easy to put on as simply downloading it to a USB flash drive, putting it in one of the PS3's USB ports and it installing itself like the normal firmware would. It would also have to reintegrate the Other-OS option.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Galvanise is totally correct...the only reason this thread is still hopping is because there's a conflict of interest now and then, or a little spat brews between a few users...really the only 2 people that come to mind when thinking about this thread is Lethal and F3AR. A couple others pass thru, but nobody really takes a large interest in this discussion at a molecular level...and the news and updates that are revealed here in this thread don't amount to anything that's industry-breaking.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    SNES emu updated:

squarepusher2's Snes9x - a Super Nintendo emulator - ported for PS3 firmware 1.92+ (including 3.15), 3.41, and 3.55. Play Super NES games on your PlayStation 3.

SNES9x PS3 4.4.8 CHANGELOG
    • Very big performance and lag reduction optimizations. The previous builds were indeed very laggy - this should be a very big improvemen t on that front.
    • You can now use two shaders at once - we call this 'Custom Scaling/ Dual Shader' mode. A scaling factor (from 1 to 4x) can be specified . Some great graphical effects can be achieved by combining shaders.
    • Shader presets have been added. Shader presets are configuration files that automatically configure the settings for 'Shader 1', 'Shader 2', 'Hardware Filtering Shader 1', 'Hardware Filtering Shader 2', 'Scaling Factor' and 'Overscan'. You can create your own shader presets - they are just plain-text files stored in USRDIR/presets.
    • Controllers can now be individually configured - you can specifically configure the controls for a controller connected to a specific port/number.
    • Cheat input has been made less buggy. With the 'New' control scheme - L2 + Analog Stick Right Down will still input cheats with the OSK, but it will add a generic label (simply the cheatcode itself as a label) until you rename this generic label by triggering the action 'Input Cheatlabel'. The 'New' control scheme has this hooked up to 'L2 + R2 + Analog Stick Right - Down'. This can of course be reconfigured to any button / button-combo you see fit.
    • Fixed interlaced games like Rise Of The Robots - were displaying glitched graphics before in version 4.4.7.
    • Added a homebrew SNES game by Themaister. Game logic is semi-hooked up - paddle works, ball bounces off the paddle, just scoring has to be added. Anyway, this has mostly been a 3-day exercise in SNES ASM. This is just for illustrative purposes.
    • Added some shader variations and some new shaders - HQ4x, 4xBR - courtesy of Jacaraca.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    A couple others pass thru, but nobody really takes a large interest in this discussion at a molecular level
    And people are saying that Sony can't stopped whatever is happening on the PS3. No, they can't fully stop it but with all the legal troubles they are causing the hackers and all the hassle it is to crack newer firmwares it seems Sony has managed to keep a lot of developers away from the PS3. Just look at the forums at ScummVM or XBMC. The PS3 has been discussed there and was mostly dismissed. Of all the hacked devices I ever had the PS3 is by far the most unattractive to date.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Galvanise is totally correct...the only reason this thread is still hopping is because there's a conflict of interest now and then, or a little spat brews between a few users...really the only 2 people that come to mind when thinking about this thread is Lethal and F3AR. A couple others pass thru, but nobody really takes a large interest in this discussion at a molecular level...and the news and updates that are revealed here in this thread don't amount to anything that's industry-breaking.
    I think the only reason a lot of people have been coming in this thread and causing conflict is because Cuguy keeps locking any threads about Geohot and the Sony case, telling people it's already being discussed in this thread. If a mod is directing everyone here to discuss the Geohot/Sony issue, you can't be surprised when everyone with an opinion on the subject is suddenly appearing in this thread to say their piece. Maybe someone should create an all-purpose thread for discussing those things seperately, then the hack/mod crowd can get back to discussing their CFW and such in here without it turning into a clusterf**k of circular arguments and pointless diatribes.

GMOESAF
    new debug firmware is out 3.55 rebug its been out for a few days but i didnt see it posted so ill shout it out to you lot its quite good i updated to it from 3.55 kmaew all the homebrew etc works

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    I think the only reason a lot of people have been coming in this thread and causing conflict is because Cuguy keeps locking any threads about Geohot and the Sony case, telling people it's already being discussed in this thread. If a mod is directing everyone here to discuss the Geohot/Sony issue, you can't be surprised when everyone with an opinion on the subject is suddenly appearing in this thread to say their piece. Maybe someone should create an all-purpose thread for discussing those things seperately, then the hack/mod crowd can get back to discussing their CFW and such in here without it turning into a clusterf**k of circular arguments and pointless diatribes.
    This I agree with 100%. It WAS as such when this stuff started, now the thread is a mess and as you put it, a cluster****.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This I agree with 100%. It WAS as such when this stuff started, now the thread is a mess and as you put it, a cluster****.
    Yo F34R. You wanna link me to a site where I can download a custom firmware? PM me a link or PM me and I'll forward my email out to you.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Yo F34R. You wanna link me to a site where I can download a custom firmware? PM me a link or PM me and I'll forward my email out to you.
    Yo Morg go to PSX SCENE and all your CFW wishes will be granted

DISCLAIMER I Haven't provided any links to any un-legit websites)

Thread Information