Page 4 of 180 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Who knows whats going on behind closed doors,and why they are silent.I guess we will find out soon enough.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Veteran
    A lot of assumptions this thing is working flawlessly. It isn't. It isn't working with some games and it freezes on MW2. The external hard drive storage is a fantasy since it still has the FAT32 4GB filesize limit. Several games have textures compressed into one big file easily exceeding 4GB and some games have the content compressed into one file exceeding 4GB.

It is becoming more obvious this is not a real hack. It appears the USB device carries a specific device ID (the stolen one), and when triggered, the USB device then answers challenge responses sent to it. It is taking advantage of a maintenance loophole where a maintenance jig can be detected and allowed to put the PS3 into a debug mode before the hypervisor is loaded. This device ID can be changed and the maintenance mode updated with a new firmware, making this dongle useless.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Of course it's not flawless, no one said it was; at least not here anyways. There will be a lot of future developments coming from using the jig.

The hack is from using Geo Hots exploit to be able to exploit the jig, not the jig itself. Compatibility, FAT, etc., can be fixed. The same problems were had with early PSP exploits, etc.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    A lot of assumptions this thing is working flawlessly. It isn't. It isn't working with some games and it freezes on MW2. The external hard drive storage is a fantasy since it still has the FAT32 4GB filesize limit. Several games have textures compressed into one big file easily exceeding 4GB and some games have the content compressed into one file exceeding 4GB.
    Works with over 150 titles right now, PM me on where you read MW2 freezes and as for the 4GB limitation, people install to the PS3 HDD and avoid any issues whatsoever...

I know 3 guys here using the device and in the next few days at least another 150 will be.

Edit: It's actually been stated that there is 100% compatibility.
    Retailer confirms 100% game compatibility with internal hard drive & it's said Sony are possibly already considering new protections for their games given the perfect compatibility of PSJB.
    Last edited by A7; 08-24-2010 at 00:19.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Supreme Veteran
    Double post.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The hack is from using Geo Hots exploit to be able to exploit the jig, not the jig itself. Compatibility, FAT, etc., can be fixed.
    You are completely off in left field. Even the people that know something about it say it isn't from Geohotz exploit. They clearly say it is not using geohotz exploit but what he learned from disassembling the code was instrumental. This is not a hack, it is using a loophole in the maintenance mode using a stolen single ID, which can be changed and firmware updated to close the loophole.

Mathieu then responded:

they are not using geohot exploit for this hack, they needed it to access the data they had to reverse to make it possible.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Oh goodness. What you quoted from Math is exactly what I said. /facepalm

Read above. I clearly stated that the clones are NOT using the Geo exploit, and the jig that is being sold is not using the Geo exploit. They needed the exploit to dump the original jig, and then they reversed it. That's what I've been saying over the last several posts. Get up to speed Blig. You even quoted me saying the exact same thing as Math, just in different terms. Lol. /failure.

Veteran
    Oh goodness. What you quoted from Math is exactly what I said. /facepalm

Read above. I clearly stated that the clones are NOT using the Geo exploit, and the jig that is being sold is not using the Geo exploit. They needed the exploit to dump the original jig, and then they reversed it. That's what I've been saying over the last several posts. Get up to speed Blig. You even quoted me saying the exact same thing as Math, just in different terms. Lol. /failure.
    What the freak? I am not talking about the clones. And if you backtrack now and agree the jig is not using the geohot exploit, as being pointed out by some, then you have to agree with them also that it is not a proper hack but basically reverse-engineering a factory maintenance USB stick that doesn't defeat the protection, only takes advantage of a maintenance mode that allows for it to be booted up by the firmware before loading the hypervisor. Which is it, f34r? I know, with you, it's always both ways.

Dedicated Member
    What the freak? I am not talking about the clones. And if you backtrack now and agree the jig is not using the geohot exploit, as being pointed out by some, then you have to agree with them also that it is not a proper hack but basically reverse-engineering a factory maintenance USB stick that doesn't defeat the protection, only takes advantage of a maintenance mode that allows for it to be booted up by the firmware before loading the hypervisor. Which is it, f34r? I know, with you, it's always both ways.
    How do we know it happens before the hypervisor is loaded?

And what is a "proper hack"? If it exploits a security vulnerability, its a hack in my book..

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm not back tracking.

Geos exploit was needed to access the jig, it was dumped, then reversed. Period. That's what I've said since I've known about Geo's exploit being involved. I'm not talking about the clones. The original Sony jig was HACKED by using the Geo exploit, then dumped after having access, then reversed. They made their own jig, which is being sold now, based on that work. No need to make snide comments either. So if that basically means the PS3 itself hasn't been "hacked" I can see where that makes sense for some.

It isn't both ways for me man. I'm trying to explain my point of view as clearly as I can, without insulting anyone.

Superior Member
    I just realized this is all happening pretty close to when Geohot tripped over himself a year ago..i'll be watching this closely..and for the record no one directly involved with this device ever mentioned Geohot in any way shape or form.. why would they? They really haven't said much of any thing except "buy now".. in related news, the mis- information and straight up bullpoop about this device is at an all time high, i wish there was an actual reliable source, but until someone gets their hands on this i'll be keeping tabs on the bull poopers on every site i'm a part of so i know who no to listen to.
    EXCLUSIVE= makes use of the internal hardrive/cell processor/vast lu-ray space..
    multi platform= 75-85% of the disk unused, and the ps3 pretty much working as an emulator for short dvd quality __ games

this sig will remain as a reminder to myself that fanboy is NOT a good look

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    They don't come more reliable than Mathieu... that's just plain fact.

Superior Member
    They don't come more reliable than Mathieu... that's just plain fact.
    i don't recall him having the unit in his possession. In FACT every word he's posted is speculation, including Geohots involvement.

Congratulations, you've been following the ramblings of some one who has as much hands on experience with this device as you do. (and a similar Geohot fetish)
    EXCLUSIVE= makes use of the internal hardrive/cell processor/vast lu-ray space..
    multi platform= 75-85% of the disk unused, and the ps3 pretty much working as an emulator for short dvd quality __ games

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm willing to take his word, or ramblings as you so call it, over anything you'd ever say about the subject.

Superior Member
    I'm willing to take his word, or ramblings as you so call it, over anything you'd ever say about the subject.
    I've said all i know about the Unit=Nada, which is pretty much in the ballpark of what your fellow Geo Legionnaire knows ..Yet, he speaks....just be careful about uneven surfaces while following that blindman, blindman.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    This info came out and then nothing, I was waiting for an explosion of something, but it's been rather flat since. Hackers seem to have Microsoft by the ***** but for the most part, right now SONY is holding their own rather well even with this new info.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    This info came out and then nothing, I was waiting for an explosion of something, but it's been rather flat since. Hackers seem to have Microsoft by the ***** but for the most part, right now SONY is holding their own rather well even with this new info.
    There's plenty of news and info on it. We just can't post it here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantyhelmet View Post
    I've said all i know about the Unit=Nada, which is pretty much in the ballpark of what your fellow Geo Legionnaire knows ..Yet, he speaks....just be careful about uneven surfaces while following that blindman, blindman.
    Well, just because you don't have access to the places that are talking about it, and know what's going on, doesn't mean it isn't happening. Really, it's kinda humorous to see all the doubters weigh in on this.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Sony to foil PSJailbreak with firmware - report

The next PlayStation 3 firmware update will allow Sony to detect the PSJailbreak hack, reports suggest.

Dealers of the hack are apparently sending emails to customers warning them of the potential firmware update and advising that users do not update their PlayStation's for the time being.

The following message has apparently been received by some Jailbreakers:

"Just a friendly update email and some advice for you over the coming days and weeks.

While PS Jailbreak team have told us it should be possible to support future firmware versions on the PS3, it's is not guaranteed, they will need to access any newer firmware's than 3.41 and if needed release an update for the PS Jailbreak to support the newer firmware's.

So we wanted to give you all some advice that if a system update is released for the PS3 in the coming days or before you receive your PS Jailbreak which blocks system updates, we recommend that nobody update their PS3 for the time being.

If a PS3 system update newer than 3.41 is released you should keep an eye on the PS Jailbreak website for news on compatibility with the PS Jailbreak on the new firmware's. Only update your PS3 past 3.41 firmware if the PS Jailbreak team say that it's safe to do."

It's all a bit odd this isn't it? Customer service notices, stock shortages and loyalty rewarded with warranty for what is actually a dodgy hacking tool.

There's still no official word on a firmware update to deal with the hack, Sony refused to comment on the matter, but there have already been murmurings that the hack could be detectable by the platform holder.

[ Source: TQCast ]
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Superior Member
    There's plenty of news and info on it. We just can't post it here lol.

Well, just because you don't have access to the places that are talking about it, and know what's going on, doesn't mean it isn't happening. Really, it's kinda humorous to see all the doubters weigh in on this.
    Twitter and GAF? You can't be serious, there's nothing earthshattering to report at the moment, if there was, Kotaku and every other yellow rag would be on it like flies on..honey.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantyhelmet View Post
    Twitter and GAF? You can't be serious, there's nothing earthshattering to report at the moment, if there was, Kotaku and every other yellow rag would be on it like flies on..honey.
    lol, if you say so. Too bad we can't post links... I didn't say there was anything earth shattering about it either. There are plenty of things being discussed elsewhere. Again, can't post where because they talk about things this forum disallows. I guess the new rule accomplishes mostly what they want.

Veteran
    It's good they are supporting the people that forked out for it!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    LOL. I'm trying to figure out how they are going to FORCE people to update. Hmmm....

That's good news, I was mad when the PS3 got hacked. And F34R, they could stop people from going online or playing the game.

Games I want: GT5&LBP2.

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Private Messaging says "Hello"

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    Private Messaging says "Hello"
    Haha, yeah, comes in handy, doesn't it?

Thread Information